rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Business Heroes and Gurus

I'm not talking about seminar fiends /weekend courses on how to get rich ,but guys who've really made good in their chosen or lucked out on field:

I think Felix Dennis,who made it big in magazine publishing is a pretty interesting guy talking about success,bit of a player in his day,funny guy too :

His books How to Get Rich and How to Make Money (covers a lot of the same ground as the first in a more compact format) have a lot of very good advice in them.

He's been through a lot and doesn't need to give the kind of bullshit feel-good advice. He's not about easy solutions or get rich quick schemes. I was put off by the title at first, but was pleasantly surprised. I go back to the books regularly to remind myself of some of the lessons.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Anyone have the ebook for either of those books or a link to a place where I can find/buy the ebooks?

I'm looking for "How to get Rich" and "88 The Narrow Road."

+1 Pilgrim, for that video of his words of wisdom. I've listened to it no less than 12 times today while pacing around in my tiny hotel room here in Thailand.

Somehow I relate to Felix Dennis more than I do to other entrepreneurs, with possible exceptions being MJ Demarco and Mark Cuban.

Quote: (10-23-2011 06:34 PM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

+1 Pilgrim, for that video of his words of wisdom. I've listened to it no less than 12 times today while pacing around in my tiny hotel room here in Thailand.

Somehow I relate to Felix Dennis more than I do to other entrepreneurs, with possible exceptions being MJ Demarco and Mark Cuban.

No problem,glad you liked it...

He's pretty bohemian and obviously enjoys himself and his success ,not just sitting in his counting house ,counting all his money...
He's lived a life and has some stories to tell!

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Quote: (10-23-2011 07:01 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

Anyone have the ebook for either of those books or a link to a place where I can find/buy the ebooks?

I'm looking for "How to get Rich" and "88 The Narrow Road."

The first one is available on http://library.nu.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

MJ Demarco, author of "The Millionaire Fastlane", has a youtube channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/FastlaneMJ

This guy is very entertaining to listen to - as well as providing some sound analogies for why businesses succeed or fail.

Great post.

Buffett makes it sound simple,of course it isn't.
With investments you need a good amount of capital to really make good sizable returns.
And he's got something to say about National Debt and also the Tax system.
Anyways,good advice..and he's pretty funny in the 2nd video too which is a Masterclass in investing at a Florida University:

Investment Masterclass and life lessons:

edit

Agreed: read this PDF summary of Titan (it distills all the good stuff). It had a profound impact on me.

Quote: (11-04-2011 09:41 AM)hunter7 Wrote:  

J. D. Rockefeller is my man! I am just reading "Titan" and it´s very interesting to understand what drove him and what helped him to become the richest man in the world

edit

I did not write it, found it on the webs.

Similar books would be anything that's strong on self-discipline and ambition. Felix Dennis' "how to get rich" comes to mind, also Mark Cuban's blog series on the same topic.

Quote: (11-07-2011 04:16 PM)hunter7 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-06-2011 05:10 AM)Danski Wrote:  

Agreed: read this PDF summary of Titan (it distills all the good stuff). It had a profound impact on me.

Quote: (11-04-2011 09:41 AM)hunter7 Wrote:  

J. D. Rockefeller is my man! I am just reading "Titan" and it´s very interesting to understand what drove him and what helped him to become the richest man in the world

Thanks for that! I want to take time to read this in one piece, so I saved it up for the weekend. BTW: Did you write that? And can you recommend similar books?

"Riches Among The Ruins".....definitely available for free somewhere on the web.

If anyone has a Marc Rich ebook, I'll swap you.

edit

FYI you can search domains using google. Do this:

site:blogmaverick.com "get rich"

Here's the first link: http://blogmaverick.com/2008/10/04/how-to-get-rich/

Quote: (11-08-2011 08:09 AM)hunter7 Wrote:  

Can I access the archives of Marc Cubans best posts somewhere? I don´t want to read his whole blog right now

edit

Start here: http://blogmaverick.com/2007/12/24/succe...otivation/

Quote: (11-08-2011 12:53 PM)hunter7 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-08-2011 09:01 AM)Danski Wrote:  

FYI you can search domains using google. Do this:

site:blogmaverick.com "get rich"

Here's the first link: http://blogmaverick.com/2008/10/04/how-to-get-rich/

Quote: (11-08-2011 08:09 AM)hunter7 Wrote:  

Can I access the archives of Marc Cubans best posts somewhere? I don´t want to read his whole blog right now

Thanks, but I only found one main post that got repostet a couple of times. Am I doing it wrong?

edit