rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hike

First post.

I am a 22 year old student in the hard sciences taking a year off in South Korea. There is a local eight/nine who recently broke up with her Western boyfriend (say 2 weeks ago). I mostly ignore her but we keep in contact and chat or w/e roughly every two weeks. Anyway, she was pretty broken up over the bf** and invited me to go on a hike with her this Sunday. I happen to know there was another hike on Saturday that she was going on with people and that she invited me out on Sunday so that we could be alone and "talk."*

I have no idea how to play it because I have never closed with a new girl on a hike. (While I am an avid hiker back in the states, the few girls I take on hikes I was already in LTRs with).

I am pretty much an asshole and so I regularly get play, and a lot of interest from the locals (hence the nine inviting me on the hike) but in my first few months here I have only ever closed with expats of decidedly mixed quality. I want to break into the local market and this is my first clear chance to do so without getting trapped in a LTR.

The hike may or may not be close to my apartment (where we will actually hike depends on the weather conditions). The trail itself is public but there are rarely any people on it. Flaking is pretty uncommon in South Korea and that is not something I am worried about.

Anyway, my questions are as follows:
1. Does anyone have experience/stories about pick up while on a hike in general? Is it possible? Advice?
2. Most importantly, what are the logistics of a close while on a hike? There is a 50% chance we'll be close to my apartment, but it will be a slow walk in any case. We'll also be hiking early Sunday morning.
3. What can be done about the ex-boyfriend issue? My instinct is to ignore it if it comes up, but it might be a good opportunity to use a bf destroyer or similar tactic.

*I'm only mildly worried that I'm getting LJBF'd here because I am too abrasive and condescending for that to happen. One of the hidden upsides about being an asshole is that any girl who is 100% looking only for friends will avoid me, making it really clear what my real prospects are for that night and saving me a lot of time. Women know the truth about what I am there for and those that stay cater to my desire. In fact, given my abrasiveness I actively try to have fat/unattractive girls as friends because they always praise me, do random tasks for me and in many tragic cases try to close with me. This has led to many humorous (and only occasionally) unpleasant experiences so I see no reason to stop.
**I am actually not sure if she was broken up. We were on the phone and she was asking me for advice about whether or not to defriend her bf on fb and other trivialities, and I said I'd gladly listen and give her advice if she let me brush my teeth, and floss while she talked so that I could get something productive done. While I patiently explained that this would be a win for both of us she became irritable. I was getting pretty turned off and ready to blow her out but before I could do so she invited me on this Sunday hike. I hope this gives you some idea of what I am like as this post also serves as my introduction.

Adios