rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Building a blog with massive traffic/community

In order to better market my products down the line, I am planning to ramp up my blog activities.

I've been following Corbett Barr for the last couple of days to get a sense of how to do this:

http://www.thinktraffic.com

I've always considering myself more of a businessman/entrepreneur and product creator than a blogger. In fact, I used to view bloggers with a bit of scorn and disdain. However, I now see that properly done blogging is just one weapon in an internet entrepreneur's arsenal, and that blogging should be used as a means to an end.

Anyone here have success building a blog up?

Obviously Roosh has. Anyone else?

Steve Pavlina

This guy makes a living off of blogging.

How to Build a High-Traffic Web Site (or Blog): http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/01...e-or-blog/

How to Make Money From Your Blog: http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/05...your-blog/

Says he's making $1,000 per day!

Hello.

LoL, YMG you posts the same stuff as I got in mind! Nice to see, bro.

Same on the line, I am planning to build a website on Wordpress platform, and hoping to build up some heavy bucks through affiliate marketing.
I am looking forward for some suggestions. Guys?

I think advice from Roosh himself would be greatly appreciated in this case. I may be wrong, but I don't know if Roosh talks much about his actual business or the his rise to blogging stardom.

Somehow I feel that his armies of feminist enemies have only helped him gain traction.

There are definitely "enemies" for my niche of international career hacking.

Quote: (10-19-2011 02:08 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

In order to better market my products down the line, I am planning to ramp up my blog activities.

I've been following Corbett Barr for the last couple of days to get a sense of how to do this:

http://www.thinktraffic.com

I've always considering myself more of a businessman/entrepreneur and product creator than a blogger. In fact, I used to view bloggers with a bit of scorn and disdain. However, I now see that properly done blogging is just one weapon in an internet entrepreneur's arsenal, and that blogging should be used as a means to an end.

Anyone here have success building a blog up?

Obviously Roosh has. Anyone else?

I'm working on it. i will invest lots of my time to build out my site when i return home and have all the time in the world.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Quote: (10-19-2011 04:11 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

I'm working on it. i will invest lots of my time to build out my site when i return home and have all the time in the world.

Don't just keep talking about holmes, do it.

1) Content is king. Plenty of guys do everything wrong, but succeed because they consistently add value. Flip side, lots of writers market themselves and their blogs very well, but don't have good content. All the blog marketing advice people give you will just give you an edge, contingent on your work being quality.

2) Network. Guest posts are key. Find web magazines whose readers appeal to you. Lifehacker, Young Entrepreneur, In Mala Fide, maybe The Spearhead. Leave good comments with links back to your site. Reach up and start email relationships with writers you admire, reach down to guys with less of a following than you who you think have potential.

3) Social media. Get a shareaholic link, let your readers submit posts to reddit, stumbleupon, twitter, etc.

4) Write a blog that you'll want to write regardless of how big your audience is. You might be surprised how much you enjoy it, and how useful of a tool it is for goal-setting, keeping your head out of your own ass, and tracking your progress and whatever you're working on improving about yourself. Relevant: http://www.freedomtwentyfive.com/?p=524

Good luck, and once you get up and running I'll be happy to link in and introduce you to my readers.

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

YMG,
I'd suggest you to follow some of the big blogs in the field that you're interested, the type of blogs that you would like to build yourself. Find out who the big dogs in that industry are, follow them, study them, and start participtating, making meaningful contribution/posts to their sites/blogs to get you noticed and take it from there. Also, as I've mentioned to you before, get into the Dynamite Circle community that Dan Andrews is building. That community is DA bomb when it comes to being with the smartest, sharpest and most successful mobile entrepreneurs. It's a paid membership site but worth every red cent, believe you me.

Quote: (10-19-2011 09:30 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

YMG,
I'd suggest you to follow some of the big blogs in the field that you're interested, the type of blogs that you would like to build yourself. Find out who the big dogs in that industry are, follow them, study them, and start participtating, making meaningful contribution/posts to their sites/blogs to get you noticed and take it from there. Also, as I've mentioned to you before, get into the Dynamite Circle community that Dan Andrews is building. That community is DA bomb when it comes to being with the smartest, sharpest and most successful mobile entrepreneurs. It's a paid membership site but worth every red cent, believe you me.

VP -

Break the above bolded down a little more.

Quote: (10-19-2011 09:30 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

YMG,

VP, are you a member of that site?
It says its not for newbies, I'm guessing there's an interview process to get in?

I need help with this. Tons of post hardly any readers. SO I need to read up on that. And probably figure out this marketing network aspect more.

T-kid,
Yeah the DC community is not a site for newbies for sure. It's high level stuff as each member there is pretty much already very successful (some even running 7 and 8 figure +/year businesses) and its filled with EXPERTS in pretty much every field you can imagine. From former tax consultant for wealthy expats, to copy writers, designers, developpers, biz scouts, super affiliates, big biz owners etc...exactly the kind of community I was looking for. The majority are young and jet setting around the world with quite a few of them based around Asia. The guys are nice, very helpful, each time you ask a question, they take the time and provide you PURE GOLDEN value, unlike in other places where people don't bother or if they do, they reply with a useless one liner or worst, in a ghetto style type of way. No shit like that there. Pure golden content from some of the most successful, sharpest and talented young entrepreneurs anywhere.

I've joined about a month ago and from the moment I got inside, I was blown away by the quality of the content and the calibre of the people there. There's a forum, there's a community section almost like a mini internal facebook where you can communicate/chat with the members making INVALUABLE contacts along the way. There's also a section where they do real life case studies of the businesses some of them are running. It's like an MBA on steroids type of thing but without the hefty price that comes with it. For anyone already successful, I strongly suggest to get into that community. G, highly recommended you check it out.

If you're a newbie, I wouldn't recommend it as you'd be lost there, the topics are very high level. For someone starting fresh, the best place is the 30 days challenge that Ed Dale has been offering on his site. Stick to that initially, study there hard and put into action what you learn there. Doing is the best way to learn ANYTHING.

VP -

Thanks for the breakdown.

"some even running 7 and 8 figure +/year businesses"

I am in there like swimwear.

Any of these cats looking for funding?

Right now, I got so much on my plate, I would rather float someone some dough that has something up and running.

G,
Not sure if any of them need funding. The fundings that these cats would be interested would be probably in the 6 and 7 figure+ as they're already successful and would be looking to take their businesses to the next level. Why don't you check it out, join (the way they run it, is they charge by 3 months increments $97 bucks for 3 months and so forth), so get in, see what's cooking there, introduce yourself and let them know you have funding available. You may also want to contact directly Dan Andrews, the owner/founder of that site. Not sure if I can provide/disclose his handle here as he does read/post from time to time here (Dan, dude, post more stuff here, specially about the wimmins in Bali, come on dude, don't be lazy. LOL ), but it's easy to contact him, go to his main site, the tropicalmba.com and you can contact him this way.

VP is your business in Timesharing?

kbell,
no, i'm not in timesharing at all. I'm actually in a biz that kills and makes timeshares obsolete. [Image: smile.gif]