rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Forcing users to register to read posts?

Tell me what's your opinion about that.

It would be nothing like STW: guests would still be able to see the forums, the threads, and click on threads, but the text content of the posts (except the first one), would be hidden for non-registered users. Something like this:

[Image: image.png]

Once registered, users would feel like they could as well use their account to participate.

Don’t hide anything. Roosh didn’t hide anything, it is childish to hide things to force people to register. Paywalls are different, but you don’t have a paywall. When people want to post, they will register, and if there is good content they will want to post. I will make sure there is good content, on top of the decade of good content we inherited from RVF.

Just email everyone who has ever had an account here (you have their emails, right?), and be patient. Once word gets out, people will be coming here for the old content, and all it will take is a little bit of new discussion in the spirit of the old, for the place to take off.

All we need is patience, and in the meantime we have lots of things to read. I had bookmarked hundreds of RVF pages to read when Roosh went insane and took it all down. Now I can read it in peace thanks to you. I have no doubt there are many others who feel the same.

I don't have e-mails. The archive was from a program scrapping every pages, it couldn't see anything more than normal guests could. From this I fabricated a database compatible with the forum software, but it lacks everything that was hidden to users: passwords, e-mails, etc...

I was able to contact about 200 users: the ones who had a website linked on their profile, I found their e-mail or contact-form on their site.

I'm also thinking about doing something like this: https://rooshvforum.network/thread-4.html

I wouldn’t try any giveaways. They’re cheap.

I would get an account on RVF and go through the userlist private-messaging people, especially people who’ve stopped posting. But I am sure even some people who still post would like to escape the oppression there, so ultimately I would PM everyone.

Same goes for Swoop, since they probably wouldn’t allow you to advertise the forum there. They’re petty like that.

It’s a lot of work but it’s worth it.

(09-14-2022, 02:26 AM)citron Wrote:  Tell me what's your opinion about that.

It would be nothing like STW: guests would still be able to see the forums, the threads, and click on threads, but the text content of the posts (except the first one), would be hidden for non-registered users. Something like this:

[Image: image.png]

Once registered, users would feel like they could as well use their account to participate.

I lurked for a while on the old forum before I even registered. I assume may potential users would be the same, and would lose interest quickly in what they couldn't read. I'm guessing that the number of men the forum helped was far greater than the active users of that forum.

Perhaps only more controversial subforums can be hidden from view? Just to stay politically safe and under the radar. Roosh didn't mind media attention but in the end I don't think media attention served the forum that well.

[quote pid="1986735" dateline="1673784097"]

I lurked for a while on the old forum before I even registered. I assume may potential users would be the same, and would lose interest quickly in what they couldn't read. I'm guessing that the number of men the forum helped was far greater than the active users of that forum.

Perhaps only more controversial subforums can be hidden from view? Just to stay politically safe and under the radar. Roosh didn't mind media attention but in the end I don't think media attention served the forum that well.
[/quote]

I agree. Young men need to stumble across RVF2 in a google search when trying to work out women. After a bit of reading they will soon come to realise that what they have been told throughout their life regarding women is bullshit, and the rest will be history as it was for us.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

(09-14-2022, 03:07 AM)citron Wrote:  I don't have e-mails. The archive was from a program scrapping every pages, it couldn't see anything more than normal guests could. From this I fabricated a database compatible with the forum software, but it lacks everything that was hidden to users: passwords, e-mails, etc...

I was able to contact about 200 users: the ones who had a website linked on their profile, I found their e-mail or contact-form on their site.

I'm also thinking about doing something like this: https://rooshvforum.network/thread-4.html

Thanks for all your hard work Citron. 

Are you by any chance familiar with naughtynomad and his forum? He's an Irish lad and had been a member of rooshv. The naughtynomad forum was also about travel and game; in fact, it was more travel/game related than anything else. I was a member of the forum but it got completely deleted sometime in the past year or so. Do you think it would be possible for you to archive and do the same thing you did with the rooshv forum? I spent a lot of time on that site as well, and there was a lot of good intel.

(09-13-2023, 05:49 PM)Ozzy Wrote:  
(09-14-2022, 03:07 AM)citron Wrote:  I don't have e-mails. The archive was from a program scrapping every pages, it couldn't see anything more than normal guests could. From this I fabricated a database compatible with the forum software, but it lacks everything that was hidden to users: passwords, e-mails, etc...

Are you by any chance familiar with naughtynomad and his forum? He's an Irish lad and had been a member of rooshv. The naughtynomad forum was also about travel and game; in fact, it was more travel/game related than anything else. I was a member of the forum but it got completely deleted sometime in the past year or so. Do you think it would be possible for you to archive and do the same thing you did with the rooshv forum? I spent a lot of time on that site as well, and there was a lot of good intel.

I'm not motivated enough to do it Confused sorry
anyone who has the archive (I don't have it) and knows about coding can do it, technically

(09-15-2023, 12:33 AM)citron Wrote:  

anyone who has the archive (I don't have it) and knows about coding can do it, technically

Understood. What programming language did you use for the whole process?

(09-16-2023, 02:50 AM)Ozzy Wrote:  
(09-15-2023, 12:33 AM)citron Wrote:  

Understood. What programming language did you use for the whole process?

I used python, but you can use whichever you like. Wink

I was originally against it, but maybe after 20 visits, make users register.