rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

hovering around - what does this mean?

Sometimes I am just sitting at a cafe or library, chilling out, minding my own business. a pretty girl will come walking out of no where and hover around my area, just standing there like a deer.

If I try to break the tension and just acknowledge their presence, they seem to vanish, but if I hold out, they will eventually open up, but only just before they are about to exit the arena...

has anyone had this before?

Maybe these girls are waiting to meet someone.

What do you normally say or do to break the tension?

Say something that's relevant to your surroundings. Doesn't matter, just say something. Unless she's fat or you find her unattractive. Then ignore.

Quote:Quote:

Sometimes I am just sitting at a cafe or library, chilling out, minding my own business. a pretty girl will come walking out of no where and hover around my area, just standing there like a deer.

If I try to break the tension and just acknowledge their presence, they seem to vanish, but if I hold out, they will eventually open up, but only just before they are about to exit the arena...

yes. "Say something that's relevant to your surroundings. Doesn't matter, just say something."

exactly.

Just to further the point; I know Roosh has said somewhere, cant remember if it was in his book or on the blog, but he has stated that he has opened with some of the lamest shit ever and it still worked. Whatever gets her attention, but it should not be hard to think of something relevant to your current surroundings. Try it out.

Go with you gut, if you think she's trying to get your attention she is. If you notice a girl putting herself close to you and there's no other good reason for her to be there, like if you were standing around waiting on your mocha to be made at starbucks, then I would say to consider it an approach on her part.

Quote: (10-14-2011 12:02 AM)isis Wrote:  

Yes. It happens quite often to me. I don't always open because I automagically assume they're waiting for someone else and keep focused on what I'm doing. If I do open, I'll have a short conversation that leads nowhere.

Do they make eye contact or look your way at all? What are you doing or saying to break the tension in the situations where they 'vanished'? If you're simply saying HI, that's just not enough. You'll have to say more than that to engage most women in conversation and keep them interested.

Women find ways to be around guys they are interested in. If she is "hovering" around you, open her.

Quote: (10-18-2011 05:21 AM)silent_scope Wrote:  

If you're simply saying HI, that's just not enough. You'll have to say more than that to engage most women in conversation and keep them interested.

"Hi" is enough to get the conversation started. Assuming you look decent and carry yourself with some confidence. If you say it like a pussy or weirdo, then maybe not.

Its what you say in the 5 or 10 minutes after saying "hi" that is most important.

Quote: (10-18-2011 02:26 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Women find ways to be around guys they are interested in. If she is "hovering" around you, open her.

Sometimes I think, they do this unconsciously - they follow their instinct, how do you tame that which even she does not fully understand.

Quote: (10-18-2011 02:26 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

"Hi" is enough to get the conversation started. Assuming you look decent and carry yourself with some confidence. If you say it like a pussy or weirdo, then maybe not.

I am thinking I should approach this scenario with the mindset of, hey "what the hell are you doing in my 5x5x5m box" ... followed by, "oh well, you are here, what can do you for me?"

What do you guys think?