rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Places in Eastern Europe for Digital Nomad to Live

Hey Guys,

I work online and am looking for a change of scenery. Been in Bali for 5 of the last 7 years with a 2 year working holiday stint in Australia. Call me crazy but I want a climate with some cold weather. Used to do some Wim Hof breathing techniques & ice baths and want to get more into that to improve health and mind, but it's kinda difficult in Bali. Local supermarket is often out of ice lol. Also a bit sick of this place I been here too long.

But income still isn't amazing so I'm thinking about living somewhere inexpensive in Eastern Europe. I haven't spent much time there so I was hoping you guys might be able to give some suggestions.

My requirements are pretty simple but ideally I want to live in a city that's very walkable, has some nice parks and a decent number of english speakers. Any size city. Small-mid size that are close to nature would be great.

As for women I'm more interested in relationships than a ONS these days and I'm not partying so much, so somewhere that's not too difficult to meet good quality girls who like dating foreigners.

Thanks fellas.

Quote: (05-18-2019 02:22 AM)deyowulf Wrote:  

Hey Guys,

I work online and am looking for a change of scenery. Been in Bali for 5 of the last 7 years with a 2 year working holiday stint in Australia. Call me crazy but I want a climate with some cold weather. Used to do some Wim Hof breathing techniques & ice baths and want to get more into that to improve health and mind, but it's kinda difficult in Bali. Local supermarket is often out of ice lol. Also a bit sick of this place I been here too long.

But income still isn't amazing so I'm thinking about living somewhere inexpensive in Eastern Europe. I haven't spent much time there so I was hoping you guys might be able to give some suggestions.

My requirements are pretty simple but ideally I want to live in a city that's very walkable, has some nice parks and a decent number of english speakers. Any size city. Small-mid size that are close to nature would be great.

As for women I'm more interested in relationships than a ONS these days and I'm not partying so much, so somewhere that's not too difficult to meet good quality girls who like dating foreigners.

Thanks fellas.

I am a digital nomad myself. First of all if you have been staying in a place like Canggu coming to Europe the digital nomad scene will be surprisingly small, esp. in the winter. If you do not care much about that maybe you can check out Tallinn, the weather is absolute shit in the winter (we are not talking about a nice "dry cold" but rather freezing "humid cold", just like Saint Petersburg). The upside being that it is a pretty livable (somewhat boring) city, and the (young) locals speak decent English.

Although technically central Europe I guess Budapest would be a good choice as well, and the most obvious one. From my knowledge it is the city with the biggest digital nomad scene in Europe apart from cities like Berlin and Barcelona (again do not expect too much). If you do not mind smaller cities I am sure some other members here can point you to some second tier student cities as well.

I'm curious about life in the capital of Moldova, and in Albania.

Former Soviet territory or sattelite countries that are now fledgling democracies.

I am under the impression that the prices are super low, but their proximity to the EU market suggests that standards will be higher. Russia is intriguing, but I wouldn't want to get caught up with any KGB agents or anything (not that I couldn't find them in EE).

It seems like an AirBnb in these places is like $10 US per night, and an inexpensive meal costs $5.60.

If there were a decent internet connection, I could do some kind of digital service or marketing work. By communicating over the internet with clients in western developed markets, I could easily cover that while only working part-time.

Moldova looks nice!

No, go to Albania. Those guys know how to party!

Quote: (05-18-2019 11:58 PM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

No, go to Albania. Those guys know how to party!

[Image: icon_surprised.gif]

Damn and they don't even have a Bill of Rights or anything.

I thought the US high gun injury rate was because of our extraordinary access to firearms.

Something must be missing from that study.

Those guys must have shot off hundreds or thousands of rounds, and not a single injury (apparently).

Is that good? Are we supposed to
[Image: clap2.gif]
?

Yeah, I noticed that Kosovo is still a disputed territory and is considered by Google maps to be part of Serbia, with a little dotted line like they've got for Kashmir on the India-Pakistan border. (The thought of traveling to that place [Kashmir] scares this shit out of me, and I give mad props to anyone from here that's done that).

But a nice entry-level 1 BR in the capital city of that territory is only like USD $8.

And the scene looks like this:

[Image: attachment.jpg41898]   

[Image: 3b2ac7b5fd928397ad0edfa9f9698a4b--person...styles.jpg]

[Image: 5eb5baaa-720x380.jpg]

It looks like America.

Quote: (05-18-2019 02:41 AM)felix_vagabondo Wrote:  

I'm curious about life in the capital of Moldova, and in Albania.

Former Soviet territory or sattelite countries that are now fledgling democracies.

I am under the impression that the prices are super low, but their proximity to the EU market suggests that standards will be higher. Russia is intriguing, but I wouldn't want to get caught up with any KGB agents or anything (not that I couldn't find them in EE).

It seems like an AirBnb in these places is like $10 US per night, and an inexpensive meal costs $5.60.

If there were a decent internet connection, I could do some kind of digital service or marketing work. By communicating over the internet with clients in western developed markets, I could easily cover that while only working part-time.

I spent two weeks in Moldova and would not live there long term. Chisinau is a fun city and the chicks are hot but it is small as fuck and 3rd world living conditions grow old very rapidly.

"If you're gonna raise a ruckus, one word of advice: if you're gonna do wrong, buddy, do wrong right."

@ felix vagabondo

I'm actually in Kosovo now and those first two pics are very accurate. Last one not so much. Haven't seen many freaks like the last pic thankfully. Ever notice it's always the uglies protesting? The hot chickies are too self-absorbed to care. The uglies NEED to feel a sense of importance/relevance and contribution so naturally screaming about things like abortion is the way to go. Fucktards.

Second Tallinn SUCKS (winter). Also far from cheapest.

Maybe Minsk.

People recommending FSU countries or Albania...[Image: tard.gif]

Just go to any 2nd tier city in Poland. It's not a shithole, you won't be scammed and there's plenty of English speakers. Budapest is also cool but it might be a little big for your taste and there's also lots of tourists around which can be annoying.

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского

Gopnik, have you been in Poland lately? For me it's just insane that somebody is advising to go to those 2nd tier polish cities in 2019

Quote: (05-20-2019 05:54 AM)Giacomo Casanova Wrote:  

Gopnik, have you been in Poland lately? For me it's just insane that somebody is advising to go to those 2nd tier polish cities in 2019

Juwenalia are probably the best time of the year. And it's about now in every city with a university.

[Image: attachment.jpg41902]   

My Adventures in Game updates on the go: twits by Max Detrick

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

I don’t ever give up. I mean, I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.
-- Elon Musk

I was also looking into this topic when I came across this thread, which makes a strong case for Varna.

I'm guessing it would be pretty depressing living in a Bulgarian seaside town outside of summer.