rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you want your LTR to have a job?

Do you want your LTR to keep working and making income?
If not at what point do you want to start funding her?

I would rather travel fulltime with my GF than the current setup of her working a couple of seasons a year and travelling a few months a year.
I work online and have funds to bankroll my GF to travel with me, but I've known her less than a year, and doubt she would want to stop making income.

I've suggested that she could teach English online while travelling, which earns $15-20 per hour, and could try to tie this in with my work schedule.

No, I do not want my LTR to keep working and making income.

I want her to have the free time to cook, clean, exercise and look pretty, and maybe run errands if need be. If there are no children involved I want her to have 'slack time' or time taken up doing unimportant things so that if I need an errand run, a back massage, or someone to take care of me when ill she can do those things and not argue that she has something else more important to do.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (04-22-2019 02:48 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

I want her to have the free time to cook, clean, exercise and look pretty, and maybe run errands if need be. If there are no children involved I want her to have 'slack time' or time taken up doing unimportant things so that if I need an errand run, a back massage, or someone to take care of me when ill she can do those things and not argue that she has something else more important to do.

If there are no children involved, the activities you listed will leave your LTR lazy, bored, dull, entitled, or some combination of. It doesn't take much time to do all those things well. Without children, you are going to end up with a problem. Part-time work or charitable work PLUS all that is what you want.

Quote: (04-22-2019 03:23 PM)trickster Wrote:  

Quote: (04-22-2019 02:48 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

If there are no children involved, the activities you listed will leave your LTR lazy, bored, dull, entitled, or some combination of. It doesn't take much time to do all those things well. Without children, you are going to end up with a problem. Part-time work or charitable work PLUS all that is what you want.

You make a good point with the charitable work. If she is volunteering at the old age home, or church nursery that would still qualify as work that that she could bail on to do work I needed her to do. I'd never thought of that one before.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

I recently broke up with my LTR of almost 4 years. A key reason was she wanted to pursue a career.

One of the most important lessons I learned was the significance of the background narrative (for lack of better term) in which the relationship game unfolds.

I am convinced that the best 'plotline' for a relationship is along these lines:

- Man meets young, fertile woman
- Man cannot stop fucking the woman (honeymoon period) for 1-2 years.
- Woman starts popping out children
- Man's time and energy is spent on providing resources for his family,
- Woman's energy is spent on raising the children/taking care of home affairs.

I am convinced that any deviation from the above narrative is unnatural and will fail one way or another.

You met a woman who wants to ''prioritise her career at this stage of her life'' and she is 'smart' and 'educated' (= she prefers to dedicate her energy to another man's business for 2,000 euros per month)? Good luck

You are in an LTR and fucking the same woman for 4 years but no children to show? Good luck. You met a woman who is not young and fertile but 34 and older than you? Good luck

You don't win against human nature. Marriages/relationships in the past were stronger not only because men were more 'alpha' and women more 'chaste' but because the relationship storyline matched the above natural order of things.

Having a serious GF/wife who prioritises her career is like trying to do a ONS with terrible logistics - swimming against the current.

No.

Raising the kids, keeping the house in order, cooking, being a wife and mother, that will be her full time job. If she wants to do something in her spare time like sew dresses and sell them online or at a local market that's great, but I won't consider a career minded woman for a LTR.

Yes. The difference in lifestyle between a single salary household vs two is ridiculously obvious.

Women who stay at home and don't do anything have a LOT of free time. Best quote to suggest what I'm getting at: "Idle hands are the devil's playthings".

She will get bored. She has a good chance of cheating. She has a good opportunity to divorce your ass and take half your shit AND the kids by default. You will also be lifestyle limited. Let's face it, most people if they're decent at their careers will be lucky to break $100k. And in this day and age, $100k isn't much at all if you live in a decent area.

You'll be driving non luxury cars, taking budget vacations, pinching pennies, shopping at macys, struggling to save, and generally living a very modest to average life.

Pros of a woman with a career? And i'm not talking about extremes, like a woman who goes into management consulting or banking or medicine. Just something simple like an IT job, accounting, nursing, etc.

#1) She has an appreciation for money because she knows how difficult it is to earn it.
#2) She will be better at managing her time.
#3) You can literally pocket her entire salary as savings.
#4) If she earns similar to you, she most likely can't screw you over financially in divorce.
#5) She will really value her free time and make the best of it.
#6) She will have something to struggle towards in her life. This is crucial because in old age, without anything going on, she would be aimless. And we all know what happens when you have too much free time and no purpose.

I'm definitely looking for someone who brings in a paycheck. Someone in the science/medical/tech field.

To illustrate what I mean, I'm making $100k right now and pull in $5400/month post tax, post insurance, and post 401k (10% deduction). Let's pretend there's me in another universe with the same salary, who gets married to a girl that doesn't work. These are his hypothetical, modest expenses and savings rate. The only area where I may have splurged on the budget is food.

$5400/month - Let's say you buy a four bedroom house for $300,000, $15k down (5%).
Mortgage - $285,000 - $1530/month for 30 years @ 5% interest
Property Tax - $3562/year, or $296/month
Internet - $75/month
Cable - $50/month
Water/Sewage/Electric - $100/month
Cell Phones - $150 for two iphones/month
Food - $800/month
Gym Memberships - $100/month
Entertainment - $200/month
Car Payments (two modest cars) - $600/month
Car Insurance for two - $200/month
Gas for two - $200/month
------------------------------
Savings - $1100/month

This isn't even taking into account the cost of a kid, the cost of clothes, the cost of travel/vacations, the cost of miscellaneous expenses such as household repairs/breakdowns, appliances, impulse spending, etc.

Now, if your significant other brought in another $4k/month in post tax income? You'd be pocketing $5100/month instead of $1100/month. BOOM

My woman can run a flower shop that I'll open for her.

I'm personally fine either way. My goal is to be able to provide for everything whenever I have a family.

If her work really is a passion of her, like helping people (nurse, doctor) or helping the environment (ecological engineering), I don't see anything wrong with it. I won't give up my professional ambitions and aspirations for nobody, I don't expect them to do that.

Quote: (04-23-2019 01:57 PM)tugofpeace Wrote:  

Yes. The difference in lifestyle between a single salary household vs two is ridiculously obvious.

Women who stay at home and don't do anything have a LOT of free time. Best quote to suggest what I'm getting at: "Idle hands are the devil's playthings".

She will get bored. She has a good chance of cheating. She has a good opportunity to divorce your ass and take half your shit AND the kids by default. You will also be lifestyle limited. Let's face it, most people if they're decent at their careers will be lucky to break $100k. And in this day and age, $100k isn't much at all if you live in a decent area.

You'll be driving non luxury cars, taking budget vacations, pinching pennies, shopping at macys, struggling to save, and generally living a very modest to average life.

Pros of a woman with a career? And i'm not talking about extremes, like a woman who goes into management consulting or banking or medicine. Just something simple like an IT job, accounting, nursing, etc.

#1) She has an appreciation for money because she knows how difficult it is to earn it.
#4) If she earns similar to you, she most likely can't screw you over financially in divorce.
#6) She will have something to struggle towards in her life. This is crucial because in old age, without anything going on, she would be aimless. And we all know what happens when you have too much free time and no purpose.

I'm definitely looking for someone who brings in a paycheck. Someone in the science/medical/tech field.

To illustrate what I mean, I'm making $100k right now and pull in $5400/month post tax, post insurance, and post 401k (10% deduction). Let's pretend there's me in another universe with the same salary, who gets married to a girl that doesn't work. These are his hypothetical, modest expenses and savings rate. The only area where I may have splurged on the budget is food.

$5400/month - Let's say you buy a four bedroom house for $300,000, $15k down (5%).
Internet - $75/month
Cable - $50/month
Food - $800/month
Gas for two - $200/month
Savings - $1100/month

This isn't even taking into account the cost of a kid, the cost of clothes, the cost of travel/vacations, the cost of miscellaneous expenses such as household repairs/breakdowns, appliances, impulse spending, etc.

Now, if your significant other brought in another $4k/month in post tax income? You'd be pocketing $5100/month instead of $1100/month. BOOM

While I agree with you overall theme (at least have your LTR working part-time), I have to say the above budget is not wise: 1) Putting 5 percent down on a $300,000 home at $100,000 salary means you can't really afford the home. Additionally, you will be paying extra $$ on insurance for many years because you didn't put 20 percent down; 2) Spending $600 on car payments when your income is $100,000 is foolish.

To those saying "i want her to take care of the kids and keep the house clean":

Will your children become home-schooled in a 40-room mansion?

I dont know how it is where you live but.....

A 100 square meter apartment takes what, 6 hours a week to keep clean? Thats without a Roomba.
Shopping takes less than 2 hours if you make a shopping list and live close to the supermarket.
Kids spend half day in school. Lets say until 14:00... longer if they are in after-school activities.
With just 1 salary are you sure you can pay a house, a car (or two), food for 2 adults and children, clothing for everybody, health services, house maintenance, bills, repairs... ?

I own real estate and dont need to work (enough for myself). So in a way... im like a housewife.

Being alone on week days while everyone else is working is boring as fuck on the long run. Its a temporary thing, I dont see myself all my life doing this or i would blow my brains out.

Having said this, women usually dont have any hobbies (besides shopping and gossiping). They end up busy.... on tinder.

If there are kids, then no. When they start school, maybe.

I get the finances argument, but I also don't think we need to live the large lives that seem cool to us. What makes a man happy after kids is far simpler than when he was single. If bills aren't piling up, the mortgage is being paid, and there is a bit of money for a family camping trip and some fun on Sundays I don't think most men need much more beyond that. BUT:

The home needs to be pleasant. The smell of food needs to be there when you walk in. There needs to be sounds of laughter escaping the house before you put your key in the door. There should not be a mess, and this includes your wife.

If home life is stressful, then stacking paper seems like a good way to hedge your bets.

Quote:Quote:

While I agree with you overall theme (at least have your LTR working part-time), I have to say the above budget is not wise: 1) Putting 5 percent down on a $300,000 home at $100,000 salary means you can't really afford the home. Additionally, you will be paying extra $$ on insurance for many years because you didn't put 20 percent down; 2) Spending $600 on car payments when your income is $100,000 is foolish

Its easy to recommend perfect financial advice, but most people will be far more irresponsible with their budget on a $100k salary than what I’ve outlined. I intentionally put some overreaching in there. And that whole financial aspect took 5 minutes to write out.

Quote: (04-23-2019 04:41 PM)luigi Wrote:  

To those saying "i want her to take care of the kids and keep the house clean":

Will your children become home-schooled in a 40-room mansion?

I dont know how it is where you live but.....

A 100 square meter apartment takes what, 6 hours a week to keep clean? Thats without a Roomba.
Shopping takes less than 2 hours if you make a shopping list and live close to the supermarket.
Kids spend half day in school. Lets say until 14:00... longer if they are in after-school activities.
With just 1 salary are you sure you can pay a house, a car (or two), food for 2 adults and children, clothing for everybody, health services, house maintenance, bills, repairs... ?

I own real estate and dont need to work (enough for myself). So in a way... im like a housewife.

Being alone on week days while everyone else is working is boring as fuck on the long run. Its a temporary thing, I dont see myself all my life doing this or i would blow my brains out.

Having said this, women usually dont have any hobbies (besides shopping and gossiping). They end up busy.... on tinder.
This is my main take on this topic. What the fuck is your LTR going to do if shes not working? I rent a 1,400 sqft house and granted I try to live more minimalistic and keep it neat, I can clean the whole place top to bottom in 2 hours if I really wanted to after a few weeks or a month of accumulating crap and not putting things away. I feel like not working just leaves them more free time to get on their smart phones(If you tell me you forbid your chick from having one I'm probably not going to believe you) and fuck around on social media until someone DM's them and gets their attention one day because they have nothing better to do. Its the problem with bring a foreign chick back to america. At least if you're dating a country side chick in SEA they have their family to worry about and take care of, but bring a city chick to america and shes sure as fuck going to be looking to fill that boring void of time. Hence my flower comment above.

Its not a question of working/not working, but a question of priorities.

A woman's priority should be to raise her children and to take care of her husband. To be specific this involves cleaning, ironing, shopping, daily cooking, dealing with children's needs a lot more than the man does etc.

If she can finish these duties in say 20 hours per week, of course she can do whatever she wants with the rest of her time - open a flower shop, open a ballet school, do translations, work part-time, yoga, gym WHATEVER. Cleaning can be partly outsourced too I don't care (where I live its dirt cheap) so she can have more free time.

My problem is a woman who thinks her job (ie another man's business) is more important than myself and her children.

Examples of things girls say which get to me:

- we have a deadline at work tomorrow and will need to work later tonight
- we have farewell drinks of a colleague tonight and a corporate party on Saturday night. Need to buy a dress.
- I am too tired to do X
- I don't have time to do Y
- I am 22 years old and I just graduated university SO I will do a 4 years phd to become a Doctor of Victorian-era Literature or whatever bullshit by 26
- I love my career. Who will bankroll my lifestyle of €2.000-a-piece designer handbags if I quit my job?

No. That's non-negotiable.

I'll use my dad's strategy (used in the 1980s-present, so it still works).

Mom worked a part-time job until first baby was born. She then quit the job to raise us (and have more children).

Once we hit school age my mom went to work as my dad's secretary/bookkeeper... mostly so he could keep an eye on her. My dad would let her bail out of work after 3PM to take care of us after school.

Oh, he also doesn't let her have a driver's license (about 30~ years). Honestly, she's barely ever out of his sight and is 100% dependent on him.

It's working well for them.

Quote: (04-24-2019 07:58 AM)VNvet Wrote:  

Mom worked a part-time job until first baby was born. She then quit the job to raise us (and have more children).

Once we hit school age my mom went to work as my dad's secretary/bookkeeper... mostly so he could keep an eye on her. My dad would let her bail out of work after 3PM to take care of us after school.

Oh, he also doesn't let her have a driver's license (about 30~ years). Honestly, she's barely ever out of his sight and is 100% dependent on him.

Sounds terrible.

i thought this thread was about letting the wife not having to earn money... and not having a wife as a slave to control her

your dad is so insecure, and so are you if you would do the same

Quote: (04-24-2019 10:41 AM)luigi Wrote:  

i thought this thread was about letting the wife not having to earn money... and not having a wife as a slave to control her

your dad is so insecure, and so are you if you would do the same

Because giving women complete trust and freedom has worked so well as of 2019, right?

Quote: (04-24-2019 10:48 AM)tugofpeace Wrote:  

Because giving women complete trust and freedom has worked so well as of 2019, right?

Look, up to certain point i know what you mean... but what i want to say is... if you are going to be that extreme, why waste your life with someone if you are going to be a total paranoid. You will be more unhappy than happy. is it really worth it? you want to chain someone to you just so you dont die alone?

Quote: (04-23-2019 01:57 PM)tugofpeace Wrote:  

Internet - $75/month
Cable - $50/month
Food - $800/month
Gas for two - $200/month
Savings - $1100/month

You raise good points, but let me tell you first hand that any women who is pulling in 4k after tax is most likely working her ass off, and is going to be absolutely miserable and a stress ball. If you are lucky enough to get a girl that can handle all that and still come home to you "fresh" with enthusiasm and positive energy, well you've got a real keeper on your hands. The overwhelming majority of women, as documented time and time again on this forum, get completely burnt out day to day by work and lose touch with any semblance of housekeeping skills. You get to both come home tired, order in, or fight over who gets to pick up the kids from daycare.

I think there's a number of volunteer or part time options that may be better for a spouse, one where she keeps busy but only half the time, so she can actually take care of the home.

You brought up very good points financially, but don't forget when kids are in the equation, day car and other tangential expenses associated with simply not being able to be around your kids also add up too, aside from the emotional toll of having key-latch kids.

In a lot of jobs the access to easy dick is pretty high too, probably higher than with no job. If she works around Alpha men, even if she doesn't sleep with them, bet your ass she will come home everyday emotionally exhausted from having given her "best" to her male co-workers and bosses, and now just wants to veg out on the couch and watch reality TV, as opposed to coming home to a well made dinner, clean home, and an enthusiastic wife who wants the D.

Money helps out a lot, but why have kids at all then? Or better yet, why even get married?

Quote: (04-24-2019 12:39 AM)the.king Wrote:  

Its not a question of working/not working, but a question of priorities.

A woman's priority should be to raise her children and to take care of her husband. To be specific this involves cleaning, ironing, shopping, daily cooking, dealing with children's needs a lot more than the man does etc.

If she can finish these duties in say 20 hours per week, of course she can do whatever she wants with the rest of her time - open a flower shop, open a ballet school, do translations, work part-time, yoga, gym WHATEVER. Cleaning can be partly outsourced too I don't care (where I live its dirt cheap) so she can have more free time.

My problem is a woman who thinks her job (ie another man's business) is more important than myself and her children.

Examples of things girls say which get to me:

- we have a deadline at work tomorrow and will need to work later tonight
- we have farewell drinks of a colleague tonight and a corporate party on Saturday night. Need to buy a dress.
- I am too tired to do X
- I don't have time to do Y
- I am 22 years old and I just graduated university SO I will do a 4 years phd to become a Doctor of Victorian-era Literature or whatever bullshit by 26
- I love my career. Who will bankroll my lifestyle of €2.000-a-piece designer handbags if I quit my job?

Amen brother. You hit the nail on the head. Women who work will NOT be suddenly bringing in all this extra bacon, they will simply elevate their living standards to capture the extra money that comes in. At best you will see a fraction of it coming into your joint wealth. All at the expense of making some dude richer.

You guys are acting like your wife is locked in the house all day with no imagination, or if she DOES have imagination, it's only to cheat on you. Well guess what, if that's the kind of girl you are with, she'll be much worse in an office surrounded by thirsty men, many of whom are over her in authority and WILL command her respect and admiration simply due to their power.

I forgot to mention in my other reply... what about time in the gym???? If you think some woman is going to stay slim and SEXY, popp out kids, and work full time bringing in any kind of decent kids, you are so wrong it's not even funny. Women have much lower energy levels than men do, they simply cannot do it all the same way we (barely) can. HEck, have of the threads on the life and game forum are about guys not being able to get in shape or get time to game because of their job.

There's plenty of part time things a woman can do, in the house, to make money. Teach english on line with talkitalki, copy edit, bake things, etc...

Again, why get married at all if you are actually worried that she'll cheat on you if she doesn't have a job? And if you care about money so much, again - why ever get married at all?

Of course she should work, even if part time. Two incomes are better than one. And if she has zero income, you are basically asking for her to divorce your ass and collect on spousal support.

Here is some personal information for guys worried about finances.

My wife took care of two kids last month and brought in $3300. She is taking care of ours already anyway, so they just hang out with other moms doing fun things all day. She also made $300 selling some things on Etsy.

Here is the kicker. We live almost for free. She writes off our mortgage. She writes off most of our food as she provides some snacks and lunches for the kids. She writes off community center passes, Science world passes, Aquarium passes. Metro pass.

Last year my business accountant had one of his accountants come in as she had done the same thing when her kids were young. She was giddy when she told me how to plan accordingly and that we could essentially live for free.

My wife is being paid to raise other women's kids. Its the world we live in, but it still saddens me. I work pretty hard but some days I will take the morning and go to for a picnic with them and the other moms. Its honestly one of the most beautiful sights to see, an oasis of smiling and laughing mothers surrounded by healthy kids in the midst of jaw grinding working moms.

Quote: (04-24-2019 11:18 AM)Robert High Hawk Wrote:  

You raise good points, but let me tell you first hand that any women who is pulling in 4k after tax is most likely working her ass off, and is going to be absolutely miserable and a stress ball. If you are lucky enough to get a girl that can handle all that and still come home to you "fresh" with enthusiasm and positive energy, well you've got a real keeper on your hands. The overwhelming majority of women, as documented time and time again on this forum, get completely burnt out day to day by work and lose touch with any semblance of housekeeping skills. You get to both come home tired, order in, or fight over who gets to pick up the kids from daycare.

I think there's a number of volunteer or part time options that may be better for a spouse, one where she keeps busy but only half the time, so she can actually take care of the home.

You brought up very good points financially, but don't forget when kids are in the equation, day car and other tangential expenses associated with simply not being able to be around your kids also add up too, aside from the emotional toll of having key-latch kids.

In a lot of jobs the access to easy dick is pretty high too, probably higher than with no job. If she works around Alpha men, even if she doesn't sleep with them, bet your ass she will come home everyday emotionally exhausted from having given her "best" to her male co-workers and bosses, and now just wants to veg out on the couch and watch reality TV, as opposed to coming home to a well made dinner, clean home, and an enthusiastic wife who wants the D.

Money helps out a lot, but why have kids at all then? Or better yet, why even get married?

$4k after taxes/insurance/10% 401k is about $70k/year.

If you actually believe that a job which requires a 4 year degree that pays $70k a year is going to leave a girl burnt out, I have a bridge to sell you..

Furthermore, In many white collar work places, the men working there aren't alpha chad thundercock type guys. They're average joes with terrible diets, receding hairlines, and beta personalities. Sure there are your occasional alphas, but that is limited, and limited even moreso based on industry. On top of that, not every guy is out to get pussy when they're at work, and for the few guys that are, there's no guarantee the girl he's hitting on is going to find him attractive or even tolerate his advances, given the #metoo nature of society now.

On top of that, workplaces are not male dominated anymore. Many times women do the same jobs as men (white collar) and they do it even better. This whole notion that a girl is surrounded by alpha domineering male model chauvinistic men who are trying to fuck her during their lunch breaks is ridiculous. Too much porn consumption, not enough roots grounded in reality.

Finally, I don't know who came up with the idea that women don't have stamina/energy. My sister is just 20 years old and spends 12-14 hours a day studying in med school. Hardest worker I've ever known in my life. Most of her classmates in the med program are also women. Some of the smartest fucking doctors I've met are women.

I'm no supporter of feminism, but at the same time, I don't share the sentiment that women are incompetent and lazy. It's probably more to do with the type of women you pursue/date rather than women as a whole.