rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Older Guys...what product/service could I sell you?

Just some market research...

Any suggestions for a product or service (to sell online) that would likely win with this demographic?

(Some serious suggestions would be appreciated)

Foreign real estate. I am in my 50s and married a girl two decades younger. We are building our dream house in the Philippines. To do the same thing stateside would probably cost three times as much. I have my own plan but a location-independent franchise would go along with that.

Option 2 is a fitness system/program/outlet for older men. I am ex-military. I was trained by the airborne. I could do 100 pushups or situps and run like a rabbit even with a 50 pound ruck sack. Now? Not so much. I am taking some steps to cut weight, lift and run but it is hard.

Option 3: electric motorcycles. They are cool and trendy. I was looking at doing that myself but the buy in is 5 units or so. What does this have to do with older guys? Come on! Every guy over the age of 45 wants a motorcycle .

The problem is that thoughtful men my age have everything they need, or at least they know where to get it.

A bit more niche than just older guys, but I think there is a good niche for an info-site about internationalising yourself: second passports, offshore companies, banks, foreign real estate.

There aren't any good sites that bring all the useful info in this area together in one concise place.

There are a few sites like SoverignMan, but they are weak and have too much junky marketing.

[Image: quote-it-s-really-hard-to-design-product...240902.jpg]

[Image: CB79QBNWAAASo6f.jpg]

Wealth advisory services.
Tax minimisation strategies.
Anti-aging drugs and therapies.
A yacht.
More free time.

An opportunity to wind back the clock and un-do the weird depressive episode where I was underemployed, drunk and destructive. What a waste that was! (ha!)

A travel themed "seeking arrangement" site filtered for fun, non bitchy girls that want to see the world with a cool guy, and don't want an arab backing one out on her chest.

The internet tells me dick pills

Quote: (03-28-2019 06:10 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

A travel themed "seeking arrangement" site filtered for fun, non bitchy girls that want to see the world with a cool guy, and don't want an arab backing one out on her chest.

Miss Travel

I tend to agree with the Foreign Real Estate, most now seem to be like used car salesmen. I love looking, but would never buy from any of the places I found because they all come off as shady.

Quote: (03-28-2019 06:10 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

This is a phenomenal idea.

"Women however should get a spanking at least once a week by their husbands and boyfriends - that should be mandated by law" - Zelcorpion

- Anti-aging
- Libido enhancing (not mutually exclusive from anti-aging)
- Hair loss
- Fitness/workout routines
- Luxury watches
- Luxury cars
- Boats
- Foreign real estate
- Second homes on a lake, ski mountain, in the middle of fucking nowhere so everybody leaves me the hell alone and I can hang out with my dog and play with my plot of land
- Hunting/fishing
- Fine wine and liquor
- Cocktails and accessories
- Cigars and accessories
- Fine clothing (I'm starting to get too old to wear Patagonia surf wear)
- Cologne (after eschewing colognes for almost two decades, Jeremy from Germany has gotten me hooked again on colognes)
- Non-team sports, e.g, golf, skiing, surfing, etc.
- Exclusive memberships, e.g., share of private jet, cat skiing in Canada, member of private golf club, social clubs with actually interesting people and not fucking snobs
- Investment advisory
- Real estate investment

All of this is caveated with the fact that I've just turned 40. And mostly I don't care about these things since I have a young family and have a fixer-upper house. But when I have money to burn I generally tend towards this list.

I'm not old, but the older I get, the more I appreciate doing business with people who have anticipated my needs. My patience for having to tell people what to do all the time, gets less and less.

In my 40s.
Hera are a few things I believe might be needed:

1. Kids relations guide
I'm doing good, but the amount of drama and hell I see between adolescent kids and their parents is mind blowing.

2. Financial/Retirement schemes
I see a lot of people that have none. This is a semi-untapped market.

3. Supplements
This should be addressing a specific niche within "old age". You probably need to also localize.

4. Recreation
People are lazy and look for entertainment. If you can supply that in a form of games, activities or whatever

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote: (03-28-2019 04:42 AM)66Scorpio Wrote:  

Foreign real estate.

Foreign real estate without the Gringo prices. Most countries do not have multiple listing services, so any intelligent investor who knows what he is doing must hire a local assistant who speaks the local language to find deals. Honestly, you cannot even trust the expats who sell to other expats.

If someone could target three or four countries (or even cities) of interest to expats and hire locals to research and vet the legitimate local prices for expats, I would gladly pay one percent of the purchase price to save twenty, fifty, or even more (of the Gringo asking price), set by locals who believe that every Gringo is a millionaire.

This is a huge problem and I have never seen a real solution, other than placing boots on the ground and spending a great deal of time in country. Here is a description of the problem from an email (I was unable to find a web link):

Quote:Quote:

Net pricing. In my vernacular, it's a dirty word.

It's also, unfortunately, common with real estate listings around the world...especially in inefficient markets like those in Latin America.

Exclusive listings are rare, because sellers think that listing with every agent they can find will improve their chances of selling. Because listings aren't shared and because, in these markets, there's no such thing as a multiple listing service, it's easy for each agent who takes the listing to offer the property for whatever price he wants.

Here's how it can work: The seller tells an agent he wants US$100,000 for his piece of property. The agent can then list the property for US$150,000, say, even though the standard commission in that market might be 7% or 8% or 10%--certainly not 33%.

Net pricing is one reason why, in many markets, you'll see the same piece of property listed for sale with different agencies for different prices.

I received today, for example, a listing for a piece of property I'm putting a deal together to purchase in Belize. This listing is from an agent other than the one I've been working with. His price is 12% higher than the list price with my agent...which already includes, I've confirmed, my agent's commission.

Here's another example of how net pricing can work:

A seller tells his cousin that he wants to sell his property for US$50,000. The cousin tells his neighbor that the property is available and adds US$5,000 to the price as commission for himself. The neighbor tells his brother and adds US$10,000 for himself. Then the brother of the neighbor goes to a real estate agent, offering to place the property for sale with that agent and adding another US$15,000 to the price as his take.

Now, as far as the agent is concerned, the price of the property is US$80,000. He adds US$20,000 for his own commission and begins promoting the listing.

This example is most common with raw land in the countryside, where the owner may not even know that the real estate agent listing his land exists.

With no multiple listing service, no agency cooperation, and typically no decent sales records, foreign real estate markets are studies in inefficiency. You can do your research to try to determine current prices and values, but your best defense against being the victim of net pricing is to deal direct with the seller to negotiate price. That won't eliminate the risk of being stung by net pricing, but it will reduce it.

Of course, negotiating direct with the seller introduces another risk factor: gringo pricing. It is commonly believed among the general population of Central America that all gringos are rich and therefore can afford to pay more for any piece of property than a local. When they see the color of your skin or hear the accent in your Spanish, they hike up the price.

In some parts of the world, land prices can be so low that even the gringo price will seem cheap to you. One colleague of mine moved to a new country several years ago and began dabbling in local real estate. The first year, he knew he was getting only gringo pricing so he didn't buy anything but kept researching and scouting.

The second year he thought he had penetrated to local level pricing...because he was being quoted prices 20% lower than the year before (this though the market had appreciated nicely overall in the intervening months). He bought a few pieces of land and kept looking for more good deals.

In year three, my colleague engaged a local scout...who was quoted prices a further 20% below prices from year one (again even though the market had continued to move up overall).

In retrospect, my colleague now sees that it wasn't until year four that he in fact gained access to true local level pricing.

This is not say that he didn't make good investments in his first couple of years of buying. Those buys have appreciated in value, but the best deals were made in year four and beyond.

Quote: (03-27-2019 11:42 PM)sterlingarcher Wrote:  

Just some market research...

Any suggestions for a product or service (to sell online) that would likely win with this demographic?

(Some serious suggestions would be appreciated)

Is there any reason you've chosen this market segment in particular?

I believe it would be quite difficult to sell to. Men are discerning customers, they will research your product/service extensively before buying and are less likely to purchase based on emotion/feeling.

Any other details around who your target customer is?

Sex: Male
Education Level: ?
Income Level: ?
Relationship/Marital Status: ?

More answers will help you to identify your target customer and then ascertain why they will buy

I’m 50 and here’s what I buy often:

Watches and watch accessories (boxes, straps)
Perfume
Suits
Dress shoes
Gloves
Other apparel such as dress shirts, T-shirts, cardigans etc..
Wine
Flowers
Women’s Jewelry (rarely)
Firearms and Ammo (rarely)
Furniture, Antiques (rarely)
Books
Coffee capsules
Gym subscription
Protein powder and sports equipment
Travels

I go on Massdrop everyday and sometimes I buy things like knives or leatherware.

Anything relating to nostalgia.

Successful sales are predicated on pulling heart strings, and there is nothing more powerful than appealing to a sense of nostalgia, whatever form that takes.