rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is Orthodox Christianity?

I was an atheist for most of my life. But when I got more "red-pilled" I digged more on traditions and religions. After around a year of research and studies I chose Orthodox Christianity as the true faith.

I know Roosh has a large follower base among Orthodox Christians and he also has mentioned "maybe" Orthodox Christianity can do something on the insanity the West is directing to. We all know that Protestant and Catholic church have been extremely cucked.

In this thread, let's try to spread the faith and discuss, debate and answer questions people might have. Hopefully we make an impact.

Here's a useful site that teaches you about Orthodox prayer:

https://www.orthodoxprayer.org/index.html

Also links to many books and articles.

My general impression of the Orthodox Church is that it is the over-intellectualized flavor of Christianity and as such extremely popular with internet browsers hungry for content and debate.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

I find it outrageous that none of you understand the obvious righteousness of Ethiopian-style Miaphysite Oriental Orthodox Tewahedo worship.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Someone needs to start a new "religion" focusing with the main tenets being:
-work ethic and success as an obligation to you and your loved ones
-personal health/fitness
-family / traditional gender roles
-etc.

Worshiping an imaginary/real spiritual deity could be optional.

I want to believe in religion as I think it in the grand scheme it is a tenet of a healthy society but any improvement in the real world is going to take real action. Modern religions are dead/dying/heavily compromised

Orthodox Christianity is not the true faith. There are a myriad of un-biblical doctrines and practices.

1) The trinity doctrine. The bible clearly states that God, the Father is one. (1 Cor 8:6, 1 Tim 2:5, John 17:1)

2) Using intermediaries. (Praying to Saints, Confessing to a Priest.) (1 Tim 2:5)

3) Warped view of sexuality. Polygamy is good and there are no prohibitions against premarital sex. (2 Samuel 12:8, Leviticus 18)

4) Easter and Christmas are pagan holidays modified for Christianity.

Orthodoxy over-intellectualized? Not even close. Try, "I'll take western Christianity for $500 Alex."

Orthodox Christianity is seen is some right/alt right circles as answer to the cucked Catholic Christianity with its "manliness". As a half Serb, half Croat I attended some Masses and funerals of the Eastern rite and honestly, I don't see what the fuss is about. To me it is classical "grass is greener on the other side" and peopleare looking for answers there just because they feel it is a little different to what they are used to.

Quote: (03-14-2019 02:00 PM)BlastbeatCasanova Wrote:  

-personal health/fitness
-etc.

Worshiping an imaginary/real spiritual deity could be optional.

I want to believe in religion as I think it in the grand scheme it is a tenet of a healthy society but any improvement in the real world is going to take real action. Modern religions are dead/dying/heavily compromised

https://www.rooshv.com/what-is-neomasculinity

Quote: (03-14-2019 01:42 PM)Jetset Wrote:  

I find it outrageous that none of you understand the obvious righteousness of Ethiopian-style Miaphysite Oriental Orthodox Tewahedo worship.

That's only because you think 'nous' is 'we' in French.

And have no understanding of the essence/energy drink distinction.

You also fail to understand the Climactic Reworkings of Saint Hamster of Gerbilton.

You seem to find crackers and fruit punch sufficient to represent the DIVINEPRESENCE as an IKON for worksnotfaith.

Your Thomistic bias heresy-mind fails to rip the band aid of ''deistic''' from the Enlightenment sense/not/sense sense impressions that led you to your Pauline faulty natural theology in the first place. (Sans Judaic Themas!)

Anyway, I have a whole shelf (Built from pieces of the One True Cross and held together by the nails that scarred the Worthy Hands)of books by the CHURCH FATHERS ( and maybe a bible in their somewhere. wot?), and these many books have many Post-its and underlined passages so, you know, I'm right.

Unlike those idiot Evangelicals out there praying for parking spaces with their 'personal' Jesus relationship thingy.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (03-14-2019 02:00 PM)BlastbeatCasanova Wrote:  

-personal health/fitness
-etc.

So... Mormonism, then.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Quote: (03-14-2019 02:04 PM)samifon Wrote:  

Orthodox Christianity is not the true faith. There are a myriad of un-biblical doctrines and practices.

1) The trinity doctrine. The bible clearly states that God, the Father is one. (1 Cor 8:6, 1 Tim 2:5, John 17:1)

2) Using intermediaries. (Praying to Saints, Confessing to a Priest.) (1 Tim 2:5)

3) Warped view of sexuality. Polygamy is good and there are no prohibitions against premarital sex. (2 Samuel 12:8, Leviticus 18)

4) Easter and Christmas are pagan holidays modified for Christianity.

I spent a year at a church that taught the "oneness doctrine" (denial of the Trinity.)

I left because I ended up thinking they were heretics (based on some other things.)

You can argue against the Trinity with certain passages but ultimately this is heresy.

1 John 5:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

This important passage is convenientantly removed in most modern Bible translations for whatever bs reasons they have, but it's the most important that sums up the nature of God. Trinity. Tri+Unity=Trinity. Trinity is simply a more convenient way to say 3 in 1. 3 distinct entities that simultaneously make up one God. Let US make man in our own image. Manifestations of Jesus Christ are throughout the old testament proving the triune nature of God.

As far as orthodox Christianity, well, it's works salvation as much as they try and bait and switch you. Which ultimately makes it no better than Romanism, Islam, Mormonism, or any of the Catholic light Protestant denominations. "Yes it's salvation by faith, but...". No buts. Once saved always saved. Its not a process. Jesus did the work. You accept. And it's your gift for eternity. You will go to heaven no matter what you've done, will do or who you are. Otherwise God is a liar, and God cannot lie.

John 5:24.Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

All present tense.

Watch this. As usual with most so called priests not a single reference to the Bible. So much for their doctorates in divinity lol. Instead following man made traditions and his own theories. At first it sounds like you have assurance of salvation, but there's a catch. Listen.

Mark 7
7Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

Luke 20:46
Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

Which religion has the best description of Heaven and the afterlife?
I need to know this because my grandmother died and I need to know what happens to her after death.
One of my friends is a methodist and she actually told me that they don't believe in heaven and think its useless to have a tombstone.
I didn't know methodists were so atheist and agnostic.

Quote: (03-14-2019 05:28 PM)godfather dust Wrote:  

You can argue against the Trinity with certain passages but ultimately this is heresy.

Do you have a rebuttal?

This thread...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote: (03-14-2019 05:45 PM)Spectrumwalker Wrote:  

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

This important passage is convenientantly removed in most modern Bible translations for whatever bs reasons they have, but it's the most important that sums up the nature of God. Trinity. Tri+Unity=Trinity. Trinity is simply a more convenient way to say 3 in 1. 3 distinct entities that simultaneously make up one God. Let US make man in our own image. Manifestations of Jesus Christ are throughout the old testament proving the triune nature of God.

Most Bible translations don't include that verse because it's a fabrication. It contradicts every description of God in the Bible.

https://www.biblicalunitarian.com/verses/1-john-5-7-8

"At this point [1 John 5:7] the Latin Vulgate gives the words in the Textus Receptus, found in no Greek MS. save two late cursives (162 in the Vatican Library of the fifteenth century, [No.] 34 of the sixteenth century in Trinity College, Dublin)."

Once saved always saved?

What a ridiculous statement. Everyone who believes in that must be an idiot. It doesn't matter if it is justified in Bible or not. You obviously do not stop being a living and changing human being after accepting a certain savior or religion. Everyone who is not vigilant about state of their soul can always descend down to ways of lies, theft, adultery, even murder even after any good deed they have done in their life. Only death adds permanence to our choices. You do not build statues of living humans.

Everyone who believes something because it is written in some book is also an idiot. You must have life experience of trying to be a better person in this world where evil is stronger by default unless you do something about it. You must be guided by common sense, experience and and conscience.

Obviously orthodox Christianity is one of the better forms of Christianity if not the single best. At the same time Obviously Christianity is not the whole truth and is only entry level spirituality meant for the control of masses. Everyone who is not brainwashed to think that a particular book holds all the right answers for some unexplained reason can see this.

Protestantism is so ridiculous. Protestants believe that Bible holds all the answers about God. But from where does the authority of Bible comes? It is just brainwashed into them. Orthodox and Catholics have more sense because they put God before Bible and the authority of Bible comes from God. Protestants have this inverted, they only give authority to God because Bible gives it. Protestants basically hold a book in place of God. They are idolaters.

To make it even more ridiculous protestants cannot even make their mind about what exactly is written in Bible so they have like 10 000 different factions each interpreting the Bible in their own way. This is because living human relationship with God means more then just a book, any book, and dry text. Each interprets the book accordingly to his spiritual development and relationship with God, each to his own sinful nature. Most of these 10 000 denominations then claim they have the only path to salvation and others are damned. What morons.

Quote: (03-14-2019 06:19 PM)jcrew247 Wrote:  

Which religion has the best description of Heaven and the afterlife?
I need to know this because my grandmother died and I need to know what happens to her after death.
One of my friends is a methodist and she actually told me that they don't believe in heaven and think its useless to have a tombstone.
I didn't know methodists were so atheist and agnostic.

Buddhism and Hinduism.

Read the Buddhist Sutras, Surangama in particular.

This thread is a good example of why it is best not to get excessively hung up on theology when becoming Christian. There is too much chance of getting lost in the weeds and antagonising others. It is very easy for anti-Christian trolls to sow division and resentment by posing as advocates of the 'one true faith'.

Quote: (03-15-2019 01:37 AM)Mage Wrote:  

What a ridiculous statement. Everyone who believes in that must be an idiot. It doesn't matter if it is justified in Bible or not.

Yeah ok. Right.Thus saith the resident pagan. Lol.[Image: tard.gif]

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

Quote: (03-15-2019 03:04 AM)Spectrumwalker Wrote:  

Quote: (03-15-2019 01:37 AM)Mage Wrote:  

What a ridiculous statement. Everyone who believes in that must be an idiot. It doesn't matter if it is justified in Bible or not.

Yeah ok. Right.Thus saith the resident pagan. Lol.[Image: tard.gif]

So what?

Are you going to pull the Christian version of a Muslim saying that only Muslims who can read arabic and know Koran by heart can critisize Islam?

If you are a spiritual seeker then you must have an opinion about EVERY major belief system there is.

If you don't then you are ostrich with your head in the sand.

Feel free to counter my arguments with your own rather then a weak ad hominem

That sums it up:

[Image: thecatholicjester-che-virgin-roman-rite-...206494.png]

Quote: (03-14-2019 05:45 PM)Spectrumwalker Wrote:  

As far as orthodox Christianity, well, it's works salvation as much as they try and bait and switch you. Which ultimately makes it no better than Romanism, Islam, Mormonism, or any of the Catholic light Protestant denominations. "Yes it's salvation by faith, but...". No buts. Once saved always saved. Its not a process. Jesus did the work. You accept. And it's your gift for eternity. You will go to heaven no matter what you've done, will do or who you are. Otherwise God is a liar, and God cannot lie.

John 5:24.Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

All present tense.

Watch this. As usual with most so called priests not a single reference to the Bible. So much for their doctorates in divinity lol. Instead following man made traditions and his own theories. At first it sounds like you have assurance of salvation, but there's a catch. Listen.

Mark 7
7Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

Luke 20:46
Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;

I dig the aesthetics of their music and architecture and vestments though:

I prefer it over the Roman Catholic version.

Quote: (03-15-2019 04:53 AM)IronShark Wrote:  

That sums it up:

[Image: thecatholicjester-che-virgin-roman-rite-...206494.png]

More preference for grown men choirs in Eastern Orthodox(according to my impressions):