rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Man sitting next to a fat man on a cross country flight charges him $150

Man sitting next to a fat man on a cross country flight charges him 0

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/passenger...flight.amp

The debate on reddit is whether or not the passenger charging the $150 is an asshole. Of course we know he isn’t. The debate I am suggesting is this: The fat man surely knew he would have to pay for 2 seats normally, and was likely hoping the flight wouldn’t be crowded. He should have had to wait for another flight and pay for 2 seats. He is the asshole.

So those should be the 2 options: either charge the fat person extra money or make them take another flight and pay for 2 seats. I would have tried to make him take the next flight rather than spend 5 hours uncomfortably in exchange for $150.

Am I a bigger asshole than the “asshole” in this article that charged the fat man next to him $150?

Quote:Quote:

. A man has split the Internet over an admission that he charged an obese plane passenger $150 for a five-hour flight because the passenger was allegedly “taking up quite a bit” of the man’s seat.

The anonymous traveler posted the account on Reddit’s “Am I the A------“ forum, searching for feedback about his alleged actions.

“So this month I was flying across the country on a long 5 hour flight, which I had booked and seats selected for. I specifically chose an aisle seat in a row of two, so no middle seat — just the aisle and window,” the man begins his post, before going on to say “a very obese man” boarded the plane and was assigned the seat next to him.

AMERICAN AIRLINES APOLOGIZES TO MOM, BABY KICKED OFF FLIGHT FOR SKIN CONDITION

“I get up and let him in politely, wanting to at least give him a chance. Well, he sits down and is easily seeping into about 1/3 of my seat. I sit down and am pressed up against him, making me uncomfortable. After a minute, I decided to be upfront and tell him: ‘Sir, I’m sorry but this situation is not working for me, you’re taking up quite a bit of my seat,’” the anonymous passenger claims in the post.

Continue Reading Below

After the overweight passenger “tried to be narrower,” the poster said he alerted a flight attendant about the situation.

“She instantly tells him that he is likely going to need to purchase another seat. She goes to the front and comes back saying that there aren’t any open seats on this flight, so there wasn’t a way to move people so he could have two,” the passenger writes in the post.

“The guy seemed embarrassed and didn’t want to get up. He mentioned how he can’t wait for a later flight. I felt bad for him but I was also thinking about my own comfort on the long flight — the comfort I paid for,” he continued, stating that the “awkward silence” caused him to make his seatmate an offer.

“I told the guy, ‘Look, I’ll put up with this if you give me $150 — that’s half the cost of this flight and that would compensate me enough for the circumstances.’”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

While the man claims that the overweight passenger “instantly agrees, pulls out cash, and pays” him, those on the anonymous forum were not as pleased with the transaction and called the poster an “a------.”

“This is ridiculous. You made a scene and embarrassed the man and then made him pay you for a fraction of your seat. You are the epitome of an a------,” one commented.

“The problem here was that this large dude stuck you with being uncomfortable on your flight, right? Well, the $150 didn't make you any less squished in your seat, so it really feels like you just blackmailed this guy for being fat,” one wrote.

“And of course he graciously gave you $150. He was relieved that some money was going to shut you up and you weren’t going to continue to humiliate him for the entire flight- or worse, get him kicked off this flight,” another user commented.

Those on the flight with the man also reportedly called him names "under their breath" after he proposed the payment.

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS

However, many agreed with the traveler’s idea and applauded his “compromise.”

“You compromised. He compromised. It was an awkward situation of nobody's making. I think half the cost of the flight was maybe a bit steep though, if he was only in a third of your seat. Having said that, five hours is a long time,” one person commented.

“Guy knew he was fat, could have bought two seats but didn't. [Original poster] let the guy stay on the flight, have enough room to accommodate without paying for two seats and without the embarresment[sic] and inconvenience of having to get off and wait for the next flight that wasn't fully booked,” a user wrote.

This is the most american thing I've read in months!

one one side you have an man so fat that he needs 2 seats in a plane : next level gluttony

on the other side the 2nd guy because he feels uncomfortable out of nowhere offers him to pay $150 for the disconfort : next level capitalism

He was not an asshole for requesting the money. That was a direct and confrontational way of dealing with the problem, but he was not an asshole. The fat guy was the asshole for rolling the dice in the hopes that he was placed where there was adequate room or next to a compliant passenger.

The airline should get put on notice. Since when is it a passenger’s responsibility to rectify this kind of situation himself. I would have alerted the stewardess and tried to get a business class upgrade or a refund.

Airlines should deal with this shit, but of course are probably reluctant to charge overweight people for fear of looking like assholes or for discrimination. The airline should be ashamed for making this guy take customer service into his own hands.

This probably never happened.

I wonder how many of those people calling him an asshole would have been okay with sharing their seat with 1/3 blubber? I'm sure they all would have come up with excuses why they couldn't, which would have exempted them from 'asshole' status.

I would of paid the fat guy to go sit in the bathroom for the duration of the flight except for landing and take off.

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Actually I’m inclined to think this is fake as well. A buddy from college who is 6’10 mentioned that when he flies, a flight attendant would often offer him their seat and they switch, so he’d have more room. They would likely do the same thing here

This is one reason to fly Southwest. They have open seating. Do any other airlines have open seating?

I've had some flights with lots of open seats. If you fly on Tuesday or Wednesday, this will be common.

Open seating wouldn't change anything on a full flight. Someone still needs to sit next to the fat guy.

But it makes me wonder why they charge me extra when my siutcase is overweight but they don't weigh the passengers

Quote:Quote:

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS