rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Warsaw, Budapest or Prague for University (full time)

What would be the better choice for me?

I am 24 years old from México, 6'1 (185 cm), relatively fit (Started out really skinny now I am hitting the gym and gaining weight/muscle),white as fuck (If you had to guess my nationality from a picture you would probably go through a lot of Caucasian countries)

I read through the Poland thread as well as some datasheets on Central Europe.

Warsaw:

Pros:
- Cheapest tuition out of the three
- Good career opportunities even if I stay in Poland
- I'm really into blondes
- Girls seem receptive
- Opportunity to move to other cities (Krakow,Wroclaw,etc)
- Booming economy and my degree there is basically a guaranteed job.

Cons:
- People in the Poland thread are talking negatively now making it seem like the good times are over.
- Not really my favorite city in the world.

Budapest:
Pros:
- I think this would be one of my favorite cities in the world
- I find the girls really hot
- Medium cost of tuition (More expensive than Warsaw,cheaper than Prague)

Cons:
- Less career opportunities
- Hungarian is a hard language to learn
- I would be limited to Budapest (No career opportunities elsewhere for english speaking foreigner)
- I never been there so I had to use online dating to gauge receptiveness and so far the results have been disappointing.

Prague:

I have not done that much research into Prague.
Prague would be the best out of the three career wise but also it also has way higher tuition for me and higher cost of living so my financial freedom would take a hit.

tldr; Should I move to Budapest or Warsaw for studying in University (3 years).
Also I'm really not a big nightlife guy so to me that doesn't really matter that much, I'm more into online/social/daygame.
I also don't plan to settle in any of these countries permanently.

Warsaw is a grey city with a grey people and grey air. It really wears you down. I spent almost 6 months there. Girl wise, yeah, it's awful (and I'm from the West).

BP and Prague I can't comment on.

Making a decision like that based on comments going around on this forum is probably not the best idea.
As a student in either of those countries you'll have access to some of the most beautiful girls on the planet in their prime. Personally I would choose the country with the best weather since you come from Mexico and you'll be staying a long time. You'll get more sun in Budapest (and less blondes) while Warsaw can be very rainy and cold even during summer months but has a ton of blondes [Image: smile.gif]

I would choose based on quality of education/certification you will get there. You narrowed it down to only three cities already. If your study is really worth spending 3 years, it will have a tremendous impact on your future. You will probably have to compromise between quality of education and quality of women/life for that period.

My decision would not be based just on the feedback I receive here, I just wanted to have another perspective.

In Poland I am also looking at Wroclaw as an option. Krakow is out of the question since the university I would be interested there doesn't offer my degree in english.

All three would be almost the same for me career wise, since I am already working in my field but I am limited by my lack of degree. My plan would be to study in either of these countries and then pursue graduate education in a top university in a first world country.

Basically I would be using them as a "stepping stone" as an entry into better universities down the line and to have a good time without putting my financials in jeopardy doing that.

Career wise for a young person I don't see myself living in central or eastern europe since the salaries are low. I did the math and my cost of living would pretty much stay the same in Warsaw compared to where I currently live.

Quote: (03-01-2019 05:21 PM)Tinder Scientist Wrote:  

My decision would not be based just on the feedback I receive here, I just wanted to have another perspective.

In Poland I am also looking at Wroclaw as an option. Krakow is out of the question since the university I would be interested there doesn't offer my degree in english.

All three would be almost the same for me career wise, since I am already working in my field but I am limited by my lack of degree. My plan would be to study in either of these countries and then pursue graduate education in a top university in a first world country.

Basically I would be using them as a "stepping stone" as an entry into better universities down the line and to have a good time without putting my financials in jeopardy doing that.

Career wise for a young person I don't see myself living in central or eastern europe since the salaries are low. I did the math and my cost of living would pretty much stay the same in Warsaw compared to where I currently live.

For studying I would recommend Wroclaw, city used to be in Germany but now I think it is the most modern looking city in Poland. It's also close to Western Europe in case you need something from a top 1st world country like Germany.

Wroclaw is also relatively unknown for intercontinental studies abroad, so you being from Mexico can be a big novelty (which can play good) but nonetheless it is still a well known city in Central Europe with good recognition so graduating there could be the right stepping stone to a better University in Central Europe down the road.

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Only thing that worries me about Wroclaw is that it only has a population of 650k compared to warsaw's 1.7 million.

I'm thinking with a bigger population there are naturally more opportunities for everything.

Although from what I read the problem with Warsaw is that everything is spread out and it's relatively hard to get around in public transportation.

Public transport is shit in all Polish cities but since Uber is so cheap you never have to use it.

In places like Krakow, Wroclaw or Torun you have the old town which is like a small village so you never have to use public transport if your university is there and you live on campus.

In Warsaw most of the good places are located in a triangle made up of the river on the south, the Palance of Culture in the North and the castle in the east. Nowy Swiat is the street where pretty much everything happens so it depends how far your university is from there.

Quote: (03-01-2019 08:12 AM)Feyoder Wrote:  

Warsaw is a grey city with a grey people and grey air. It really wears you down. I spent almost 6 months there. Girl wise, yeah, it's awful (and I'm from the West).

I couldn't disagree more - I just came from Warsaw and had a blast.
Prague was overrun with tourists when I was there a few years ago, but even so there were tons of girls from all over. It's still the only city I've been to with the most variety: nice girls and whores from Ukraine/Russia, nice girls and sluts from central Europe, and of course hipsters along with their large & in-charge counterparts from western countries.
Budapest was most difficult to find girls over a 7. I liked the city a lot, just couldn't find where the hot girls were for the life of me.
For me, Warsaw was by far the best of the 3 for quality and lowest bitchshields

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Seems like it is between Warsaw and Wroclaw for me.

I already looked at cost of living and I will be able to rent a nice flat for myself, I think in the end I will end up spending like 10-20% extra compared to where I live.

Even if poland is "played" out girls wise like so many people on this forum say it is not the end of the world for me.

Quote: (03-03-2019 03:22 PM)Barron Wrote:  

Quote: (03-01-2019 08:12 AM)Feyoder Wrote:  

I couldn't disagree more - I just came from Warsaw and had a blast.
Prague was overrun with tourists when I was there a few years ago, but even so there were tons of girls from all over. It's still the only city I've been to with the most variety: nice girls and whores from Ukraine/Russia, nice girls and sluts from central Europe, and of course hipsters along with their large & in-charge counterparts from western countries.
Budapest was most difficult to find girls over a 7. I liked the city a lot, just couldn't find where the hot girls were for the life of me.
For me, Warsaw was by far the best of the 3 for quality and lowest bitchshields

Yeah, I've always wanted to visit Prague but it does sound too touristy now.
Do you have any more details on Warsaw? Best places to stay, best
bars/clubs to meet women?

I have been at all 3 cities recently, and Warsaw I have been living for considerable time, studying 2 years, and then sometimes going back. Recently I have been in Prague for 2 weeks, and now 3 weeks in Budapest.

Actually I was already starting to make some ratings based on different things that I find important. As I wonder where I should stay in the late spring.

Shopping malls seems to be like an odd thing to have as a category, but we still have winter. Although recently the temperatures were crazy hot over there. I don't remember ever a February where you could walk with a t-shirt on in the sun.

Warsaw:
Girls: 7/10 - I spent 99.99% of my life in Poland, so it's just what I'm used to.
City: 5/10 - depressing, has no soul. The center is shitty and boring for a date location. Concrete jungle with little parks.
Shopping malls: 9/10 - quite a few big shopping malls make a stay in the winter more pleasant. Very good digittal nomad potential. Nothing like sitting at a caffe with laptop at the shopping mall and enjoy the view Though to be honest I wasn't able to do it too often because I didn't get anything done. Had to go to a normal caffe, which there are also a lot
Nightlife: 5/10 - when I was in Gdansk/Sopot in the late summer months it was much much better. I find the clubs too overcrowded and small, not enough room to dance and have fun. But that's just me and I really love to hit the dancefloor, hence the rating

Prague:
Girls: 8/10 +1 compared to Warsaw because it seems like there are more girls with big tits
City: 7/10 - yes touristic center, but also lots of parks, hills where you can overview the city, I found the outskirts with the soviet blocks cool as fuck, as it reminded me of my home neighborhood. A big minus that even though it's 1.2mil city, it doesn't have a big city vibe at all. In some pretty central places there are no people on the streets, it's dead.
Shopping malls: 8/10 - imho a point worse than Warsaw. And the most central one is a no go because its all tourist
Nightlife: ?? - didn't do it at the time

Budapest:
Girls: 6/10 - the girls. The girls are quite different here. At first most of them seemed ugly to me, but I think I have adjusted now and they look normal. Big tits too, maybe even more than in Prague. But I would still give them one point less than Warsaw.
City: 9/10 - the city is just amazing. And you can feel the big city vibe here, it feels so alive.
Shopping malls: 5/10 - there's a big drop. Shopping malls are dumpy and there are not many girls there, except for WestEnd. But I guess here it doesn't matter that much because the city is cool and unlike Warsaw shopping malls aren't the only attraction. Also not much choice in gyms.
Nightlife: 9/10 - that's my thing. Been only to 2 clubs so far, Otkert and Rio and loved it.

These are just some of my random thoughts on the cities. Every city has something I like and none has it all.

Quote: (03-03-2019 05:35 PM)Tinder Scientist Wrote:  

Even if poland is "played" out girls wise like so many people on this forum say it is not the end of the world for me.

I think this term means different things to different people.
For a lot of guys on here, it seems to point in the direction of all the low-hanging fruit being plucked - they can no longer go to a place, dress nice, flash their passport and have good odds of getting laid by the end of the night.

For many others it means that a place has become completely westernized - the girls are 10-20 kg heavier on average, they dress like shit and angry feminism/SJWism has crept into the youth populace.

Usually the truth lies somewhere in the middle

two scoops
two genders
two terms

I already looked at cost of living and I will be able to rent a nice flat for myself, I think in the end I will end up spending like 10-20% extra compared to where I live.

I lived in both of those cities for a few months a few years ago.

For me, looking back now, it's a no brainer. Wroclaw anytime.

It's a lot more accessible, the nightlife is better, it's prettier, more condense and more walkable, and it just has more of an edgy feeling than Warsaw which I personally love. It'll also perhaps force your hand more to learn basic Polish as the city obviously has fewer expats and foreigners than Warsaw which will be of great help to you!

Having said that, those basement dates at Warsaw Pawilony especially during winter time are a joy.

Quote: (03-08-2019 10:45 AM)AManLikePutin Wrote:  

I lived in both of those cities for a few months a few years ago.

For me, looking back now, it's a no brainer. Wroclaw anytime.

It's a lot more accessible, the nightlife is better, it's prettier, more condense and more walkable, and it just has more of an edgy feeling than Warsaw which I personally love. It'll also perhaps force your hand more to learn basic Polish as the city obviously has fewer expats and foreigners than Warsaw which will be of great help to you!

Having said that, those basement dates at Warsaw Pawilony especially during winter time are a joy.

Thanks for the reply, I figure I will apply to universities in both cities and then just decide after visiting both.

But I'm worried about the population size in Wroclaw, I never lived in a place with population less than a million.

I have been in Warsaw and Wroclaw

There is no big novelty factor for you in both cities since, especially many Spanish students go to Wroclaw.

If I had to pick I would go to Wroclaw without thinking for a second

- If you live in the city centre it has way better logistics than Warsaw
- Nightlife is also reachable by foot
- It has a very young population in general due to the amount of students
- Cost of living are lower than in Warsaw

I would not concern over the population, if you don't spam approach massivly

Nevertheless I found the quality in general a bit better than in Germany. Only difference for me was that 6s made it easier for me than in the west