rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Explain this scenario to me please

Gentlemen

I have seen girls checking into hotel rooms /partying/taking selfies and post them to social media. This is they do it in the same city they live in, not when vacationing.

What could be the possible reason

The modern day woman's strategy is to give the illusion of high social status/beauty/intrigue through deception on social media. There are even services now which allow you to "rent" a private jet where you get your picture taken in order to make it look like you're living a rich and luxurious life.

For many women, most of their life revolves around using social media to raise their SMV so they can feed off the superficial validation and attention. Many of the activities women do aren't just incidental "girls having fun!" but intentional strategies and behaviors that will be highly presentable for social media.

Although to this day I've yet to come up with an explanation as to why so many women take photos of themselves drinking coffee as if its the elixir of life.

"My life is fun, I promise."

That's about it.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

I think what you said is accurate.

Are there any specific tips to pull this type of girls ?

Or get attention from them

Quote: (02-20-2019 01:46 PM)Maximummax Wrote:  

I think what you said is accurate.

Are there any specific tips to pull this type of girls ?

Or get attention from them

I don't know, I typically don't bother with the type of women where I'd have to compete with their phones for attention. The worst thing you can do is give them attention on social media though, because you'll just become another number in their orbiter army.

Quote: (02-20-2019 01:39 PM)Batman_ Wrote:  

The modern day woman's strategy is to give the illusion of high social status/beauty/intrigue through deception on social media. There are even services now which allow you to "rent" a private jet where you get your picture taken in order to make it look like you're living a rich and luxurious life.

For many women, most of their life revolves around using social media to raise their SMV so they can feed off the superficial validation and attention.

As sad and pathetic as this sounds, you have to understand WHY they are like this, and its hard to hate them for it:

When you are small, weak and vulnerable, the only protection you have is to be liked, loved and valued in the tribe. The strong men of the tribe protect you physically, so it's important to be seen as a valuable, fertile tribe member.

Your position in the female rankings determines your access to males, food and protection, so social status is EVERYTHING to women.

Quote: (02-20-2019 04:31 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2019 01:39 PM)Batman_ Wrote:  

For many women, most of their life revolves around using social media to raise their SMV so they can feed off the superficial validation and attention.

As sad and pathetic as this sounds, you have to understand WHY they are like this, and its hard to hate them for it:

When you are small, weak and vulnerable, the only protection you have is to be liked, loved and valued in the tribe. The strong men of the tribe protect you physically, so it's important to be seen as a valuable, fertile tribe member.

Your position in the female rankings determines your access to males, food and protection, so social status is EVERYTHING to women.

I would argue it's more about the r strategy. r-people/rabbits cannot accurately judge mate quality- or wait and see and make an informed judgment, which takes time, and the r strategy is about rapid reproduction. Nor does the r strategy care about mate quality. So it is about attention and social status for multiple partners instead of holding out for higher quality partners.

Life is so boring for them it is a series of manufactured special moments, that just by happenstance are worthy of posting on social media... And people say men are always trying to one-up each other. Women are the most status-conscious creatures i have ever encountered. Whether it may be Instagramming a basic-ass latte at starbucks or be a several thousand dollar Louis Vuitton handbag, their hunger for consumption and the validation that it brings, knows no limits.

Ironically advertisers and merchants love it. It is the perfect cover for accelerating materialism and continuing the ongoing decline of society.

I get that, but why not actually lead a fulfilling and interesting life with interesting people instead of pretending? It seems like it would be easier and more rewarding than a life built around fabrications and trickery.

Besides, are they really fooling anyone important? It seems like they're only out-competing their peers to win the favor of orbiters. It reminds me of the "fake it till you make it" cancer meme - you're only fooling losers to satisfy your ego.

Quote: (02-20-2019 06:57 PM)Batman_ Wrote:  

I get that, but why not actually lead a fulfilling and interesting life with interesting people instead of pretending? It seems like it would be easier and more rewarding than a life built around fabrications and trickery.

Besides, are they really fooling anyone important? It seems like they're only out-competing their peers to win the favor of orbiters. It reminds me of the "fake it till you make it" nonsense - you're only fooling losers to satisfy your ego.

They do what is easy, or what is implicitly, or sometimes explicitly, societally prescribed. Do not for one second understand the influence of culture and social media on shaping women’s perceptions of reality and popular opinion. These mediums do more to inform women’s views of what is right, just, ethical, moral, you name it, than the churches, their families etc. Most humans deceive at least some of the time, but we live in such a system where the implicit rewards of deceiving are much higher than the rewards for being honest, vulnerable and authentic. Thus you take the path of least resistance.

Are women fooling anyone? Yes, beta males. Their peers, female. Why else are women offing themselves after spending massive amounts of time on social media? High status males don’t need social media anyway to scout prospects. As someone else said, they use social media to order whores or groupies for parties. Egos are fragile, thus people make every attempt to save face.

Subconsciously, sometimes even consciously, women are aware of how fabricated the reality is… Yet they still play the game, and sometimes still give undue weight to it… Sound familiar?

Besides, are they really fooling anyone important? It seems like they're only out-competing their peers to win the favor of orbiters. It reminds me of the "fake it till you make it" cancer meme - you're only fooling losers to satisfy your ego.

Caring about leading a fulfilling and interesting life(one aspect of "success") is not universal. It is a K instinct to care about success.

One of the most mind blowing things is realising r people don't care about success.

They are not fooling important people to you, from a K selected POV of who is important or not. However r's have a weak grasp on reality so from their POV they are not actually "fooling" people- they assume no one knows what reality is, so whatever is asserted or believed socially(consensus/democracy) goes (and from their perspective, is reality).

Quote: (02-20-2019 07:15 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

Caring about leading a fulfilling and interesting life(one aspect of "success") is not universal. It is a K instinct to care about success.

One of the most mind blowing things is realising r people don't care about success.

They are not fooling important people to you, from a K selected POV of who is important or not. However r's have a weak grasp on reality so from their POV they are not actually "fooling" people- they assume no one knows what reality is, so whatever is asserted or believed socially(consensus/democracy) goes (and from their perspective, is reality).

Many are tremendously short-sighted and literally try to maximize all pleasure taking into no account the fact that their SMV and body will give out at some point. Thus, at the time it looks like they're living the life, but in reality they are just dubai porta-potties.

These un-calculated individuals will be in a bad marriage at some point unhappy because they settled with a low status beta. That's their own doing and a result of a lack of deference given towards long-term consequences.

Quote: (02-20-2019 07:44 PM)Heuristics Wrote:  

Many are tremendously short-sighted and literally try to maximize all pleasure taking into no account the fact that their SMV and body will give out at some point. Thus, at the time it looks like they're living the life, but in reality they are just dubai porta-potties.

These un-calculated individuals will be in a bad marriage at some point unhappy because they settled with a low status beta. That's their own doing and a result of a lack of deference given towards long-term consequences.

You're totally right, in a mechanistic way of thinking.

I believe an evopsych way of thinking would shed even more light and make things make even more sense.

The reason r people/rabbits are short sighted is because it is evolutionarily advantageous for them to do so. Reproduction early and often is favored, because without a culling factor that is what works. If reproduction is what matters, then flashy signalling and social status meneuvering and politicking is what helps, because no one really knows what is good/bad or successful/not, so you just want attention for more mates. Similarly being unhappy is the biological goal. Happy fulfilled people don't feel the compulsive need to consume and reproduce. They aren't hedonist because they want to be but because they have to be. The biggest examples would be with junk food, alcoholism and drug abuse

K people think for the long term because it is evolutionarily advantageous to do so. If the weak/inferior are culled, and success/failure is life and death, suddenly you care a lot about success, which makes you think logically, think long-term, have emotional stability, etc. You also have good judgment, and know which mates are good and which are not. You're driven to find a good mate and monopolise their benefits(monogamy). You don't care about social status because you already know what makes good mates and what doesn't(better grasp on reality). And happiness/fulfillment is the goal because you need to be happy to get through the adversity.

Quote: (02-20-2019 08:26 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2019 07:44 PM)Heuristics Wrote:  

You're totally right, in a mechanistic way of thinking.

I believe an evopsych way of thinking would shed even more light and make things make even more sense.

The reason r people/rabbits are short sighted is because it is evolutionarily advantageous for them to do so. Reproduction early and often is favored, because without a culling factor that is what works. If reproduction is what matters, then flashy signalling and social status meneuvering and politicking is what helps, because no one really knows what is good/bad or successful/not, so you just want attention for more mates. Similarly being unhappy is the biological goal. Happy fulfilled people don't feel the compulsive need to consume and reproduce. They aren't hedonist because they want to be but because they have to be. The biggest examples would be with junk food, alcoholism and drug abuse

K people think for the long term because it is evolutionarily advantageous to do so. If the weak/inferior are culled, and success/failure is life and death, suddenly you care a lot about success, which makes you think logically, think long-term, have emotional stability, etc. You also have good judgment, and know which mates are good and which are not. You're driven to find a good mate and monopolise their benefits(monogamy). You don't care about social status because you already know what makes good mates and what doesn't(better grasp on reality). And happiness/fulfillment is the goal because you need to be happy to get through the adversity.

I still don't understand r/k that well, but I was reading something that said it was a discredited theory of evolutionary biology... Although I have no clue because I have not investigated the matter deeply enough to make a judgment.

Of course leftists/rabbits lie/make things up, everything they dislike is "discredited".

I hate to burst anyone's meme but there may be a simpler explanation.

Ever since around the time of their high school graduation, my now adult daughters and their friends have gotten together once a year or so. They rent a large room in an elegant luxury hotel, pick up a few bottles of champagne and probably some good weed (legal state), take- out Chinese. From what I've heard (I try not to know too much) they just hang out in their pajamas talking trash about each other until one calls the other a slut, who then bursts into tears, there's a lot of crying followed by consoling and high drama female support and bonding. Usually some stiff the others when it's time to split the cost of the bill. They take the selfies to prove what a great time they had but don't even want to talk to each other for months after.

Maybe this isn't what the OP was referring to and, to be honest, my daughters and their girl friends are pinheads. Good kids but not deep thinkers. I feel sorry for any young guy who dates them.

Now, I used to do the same thing with my guy friends. Every year or two we would rent a cabin, ride our 4-wheelers, target shoot, barbecue and talk shit. I don't do selfies but I still have this 4" Boker folding knife with pearl handles and Damascus steel that I bought on one of those trips. It's a great souvenir to bring back memories now that most of the original guys are dead or in poor health. I used to have this little .25 caliber boot derringer from one of those weekends but that's a whole other story. I guess that's my equivalent of selfies, to prove what a great time I had.