rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Review your protein powder here.

Thread title says it all. I’m not so concerned about any gains you experienced, as everyone’s experience will be different. I’m more interested in things like price, availability, taste, mixing ability, does it give you gas/the runs, etc.

I’ll start.
Wheybolic Ripped
Made for and sold by GNC.
$65 for the large container. Buy one and get a second for 1/2 off.
20G protein per scoop. I mix 2 scoops in 12ozs water in a shaker cup. The blender aerates it too much IMO. Put the water in first then the powder to prevent the shit from clumping at the bottom. I’d guess about 90% of it will mix, so I do end up swallowing a few clumps. I’ve tried their chocolate and their strawberry. The chocolate is very good, strawberry tastes like ass. Wheybolic Ripped has a boat load of caffeine in it. If you don’t normally use caffeine, you’ll definitely feel it.

Would recommend the chocolate, would not recommend the strawberry.

Wheybolic
Made for and sold by GNC.
Pretty much the same as the product above, minus the caffeine. I’ll use this product in the afternoon/evening. It mixes slightly better than the ripped version. The taste of the chocolate is a bit better as well. I haven’t tried any other flavors.

Would recommend.

NOW Whey Protein Isolate - Unflavored

This is the most affordable whey protein that has zero artifical sweeteners at all.

Taste is like a dry milk. It does not taste good but it doesn't taste bad. It's neutral. My take is...whatever. It's a supplement, not a meal. If you're worried about taste you can mix in some cocoa powder.

The only other unflavored whey I've had is IsoPure, which had a stronger leucine bite (not good). NOW is much better.

Mixes decently well, not as good as ON but not terribly chunky.

Does NOT give me runs, I never get protein farts anyway but if you get the runs the isolate is supposed to help.

Macros:

0.5g fat
<1g carbs
25g protein

Cost breakdown:

$55/tub (SwansonVitamins)
81 servings/tub
$0.68/serving

Highly recommend. I've been taking this stuff for a while and wouldn't have it any other way.

I like the BPI Isolate and Hydrolysate. It's not cheap.

Most of the time I just throw it in a dixie cup, turn the sink on for a few seconds, and the flow is enough to dissolve the protein, drink it, and ditch the dixie cup.

I don't like washing dishes so I do whatever I can to avoid it.

BPI ISO HD is also tested by Chromadex quality verification which was recently bought by Labcorp, so they don't fuck around when it comes things not being accurately dosed and also putting shit in there that doesn't belong.

https://store.bpisports.com/products/iso-hd

Myprotein is the best in terms of quality and value that I can find. They usually have 40% off promo codes on their front page. Been able to snag an 11 pound bag of their Whey Isolate for around $65 a few times. The flavors are hit or miss, but you can't go wrong with Chocolate Smooth.

My protein egg white powder, chocolate or vanilla. Whey causes me spots, this doesn't. Good price. Happy with it.

I use ON whey protein or MyProtein(depending on which is available in the country I am in). It has good labtest results and mixes easy and is easy to drink. I dont like thick protein shakes, as i just mix it with juice and drink it fast.

A lot of protein companies underdose their protein because it is not FDA regulated and only the top brands are lab tested so some protein companies underdose their protein or add more sugar than what the label says . This is why some protein powders taste like real nesquik chocolate milk lol.

Just search on google "Whey protein lab testing" You can see the test results.

https://www.google.com/search?client=fir...ab+testing

True Nutrition (.com) - usually grass fed whey. The stuff is expensive ($13/lb), however the quality is unparalleled. Even unflavored their whey is delicious. (As an aside, a two week stint on the Rapid Fat Loss diet with ONLY unflavored whey is a fantastic way to completely reset your palate)

They have a tremendous vareity of powders (pea/egg/rice/beef/collagen/etc) as well as flavors (their True Chocolate is, well, true chocolate - cocoa powder and stevia) along with the ability to customize your blend (vitamins/probiotics/collagen/etc).

Previously: Pasteurized Liquid Egg Whites from Egg Whites International (comes 1 gallon containers)

Pros: You can down it like water, no bloat, completely pure, a slight salty taste (there is sodium obviously).
Cons: I got pretty gnarley gas with this (probably because I was drinking cups at a time)

Anti Biotics FUCKED up my gut beginning of last year so I had to switch to alternates.

I was using NOW Nutrition Iso Whey Unflavored, Redbeard already covered this - this was my go to.

I started getting the runs so I switched to MyProtein that MatrixDude discussed, which helped my stomach.

Eventually I had the same issues, gassy, stomach hurt, the runs.

So I switched to Vega One Premium Sport Protein

Pros: 30 grams per scoop, tastes good, Non GMO, obviously plant based protein, no gas, no runs.
Cons: It can be heavy on your stomach, and can become sludgy if you let it sit, can make you feel bloated.

My stomach seems back to normal after a year - so I'm switching back to Egg Whites International as my protein source to see how my stomach turns out.

Instead of 2-3 cups a serving, I'm going to do 2 cups every hour (along with my 3 big meals a day).

For those in Australia, I've been using bulknutrients for a couple of years. Delivery by Auspost, I'm happy with the flavors I've tried, and prices seem to pretty good. Only thing is delivery generally takes a week, but I'm not too concerned when I order 10Kg at a time.

Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey.

This is one of the best selling powders for a reason. It will mix completely in a shaker cup. I’ve tried Double Rich Chocolate and Extreme Milk Chocolate. Both are good, but the extreme is better.

I mix 2 scoops in 8ozs water. I never use milk due to its high sugar content. But if I do want it a bit more rich, I will mix with 4ozs water and 4ozs heavy cream. Heavy cream has no sugar/lactose so it’s not as bothersome to people with dairy issues. And it’s fine for people who are restricting sugar intake.

I think this brand will be my go to from now on.

Guys just wind of this regarding proteins having "clean labels".

Check out the project/research done here for heavy metals in your protein - especially plant based ones:

http://staging-cleanlabelproject.kinsta....in-powder/

https://www.consumerreports.org/dietary-...pplements/

While it not TO concerning, it's still something guys should be aware of.

I'm glad my current protein (Body Fortress) got 5 stars on that list, my first reaction to the word "heavy metal" was "damn this stuff I get at Walmart is probably fucked."

I've only been using it because it's 5 pounds under $40 but will be looking for something better in this thread. (The chocolate flavor tastes good however.)

Vanilla Target brand protein is disgusting and mixes poorly.

I've been buying the Kaizen protein from Costco for the last few years, I like the taste and it mixes pretty good. It's around $50 CAD for the 2KG size.

[Image: imageService?profileId=12026539&imageId=...peName=350]