rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I got Chlamydia and I can't take antibiotics, please help! Don't take medication?

I got Chlamydia and I can't take antibiotics, please help! Don't take medication?

I am consumed by worry about this issue. Please read this.

Tl;Dr I want to warn others to stop taking medicine that is fucking with your body. It's not worth it to tough it out. Be especially careful with Fluoroquinolones such as ciprofolxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), and ofloxacin (Floxin)

I caught Chlamydia from some girl and while the sickness itself is actually just a little bothersome I have found out the hard way that my body can't handle both of the types of antibiotics used to treat it.

I went to the hospital because I knew I needed to when pale green pus came out of my dick. The doctor gave my girlfriend and I minocycline which is cousins with doxycycline.

The first day I took minocycline I felt dizzy, but okay. My ears were ringing and my head had pressure in it but over all it was do-able. I had strange dreams that night and took the medicine on time the next day.

The second day onward just worse and worse until it was unbearable. The minocycline have me a terrible sense of fear and anxiety, like something was just wrong. I felt mentally retarded because I couldn't concentrate at all and I just felt dumb. It seemed as if I was not sober. I couldn't feel tired or awake. I didn't want to eat any food because I couldn't digest any food or enjoy it. I couldn't enjoy any of the things I like to do. My vision started to blur and I felt so terrible I went to the emergency room but was denied because it wasn't an emergency (I live in China).

I couldn't take the medicine that night and saw the doctor the next day. She told me my body couldn't handle the full amount so I should just take 1 pill at night rather than 2 in the day and 2 in the night. I asked "but won't I still be sick then" she replied, "probably but you're body is clearly too sensitive to this antibiotic" I asked her to give me some new medicine but told me no because my body was unstable at that time.

I made a mistake and interpreted her advice as "don't be a bitch about the side effects, just take it if you can take it"

I took the full average dose of minocycline and I broke out in mild hives, after which point I gave up on that medicine.

Two days later I was prescribed levofloxacin by a different doctor and after just one dose I experienced the worst side effects yet. All my joints ache, it was eating away at my tendons. I had trouble walking and using my hands. I couldn't play the piano anymore or even use a fork or turn a key I also was very dizzy, sick, couldn't sleep, exhausted and my hands would tingle that night like I had been sleeping on them.

It has finally stopped bothering me after days.

but the most terrifying thing is my vision is fading in and out. sometimes very blurry and sometimes clear. This may be a side effect of the minocycline which created such high pressure in my head for such a long time. Now it seems okay, but this morning it wasn't. I fear that I may suffer a permanent loss in my vision.

I talked to another doctor who told me never to take this medication again.

I can't tell if I am cured, I think I'm probably not because my dick feels strange still but I don't have pus coming out, for now.

I am going back to the United States to see my family and get treatment soon and I have to admit I am fucking terrified of trying a new antibiotic. I think it may be better for me to just drink a lot of water and try to let my body clear it over the course of the next year if the alternative is going blind or becoming disabled or worse. What should I do to deal with this issue? Try to treat it or let it go? I am so worried and I need some advice. I am thinking I will leave the game over this.

And

I want to warn you all about Fluoroquinolone antibiotics, the FDA now gives them a black box label because while the side effects I mentioned aren't common, they are life changing and debilitating

Edit: the other medication azithromycin is in a different class of antibiotics but I have been told by the doctor that they don't want to give me that because there are chemical similarities in the make up of that and minocycline. Fuck I am so worried and I don't know what to do.

Call your doctor and tell him/her what happened. I am allergic to penicillin but to none of the others. So you just need to give one from a completely different family of drugs a chance. I know you already switched but you simply don't have any other option here.

You cannot beat the clam without antibiotic and it's not something you want to procrastinate about. Try other meds, deal with the sides as good as you can, and wear a fucking condom next time.

Good luck.

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Well, it seems I'm pretty unlucky with allergies about this. But I think you can possibly beat Chlamydia without antibiotics. Here's a quote from a medical journal.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/53/...S92/312586
Quote:Quote:

Natural History of Genital Chlamydial Infection and Relevance for Chlamydia Screening and Treatment Strategies

An understanding of the duration of untreated C. trachomatis infection and factors that influence chlamydia clearance could have major implications on chlamydia screening and treatment decisions [35]. However, chlamydia natural history studies in humans are challenging, because (1) the precise duration of infection is usually not known because the time of chlamydia acquisition is not known, and more importantly, (2) withholding treatment in persons who receive a diagnosis of chlamydia is unethical. Most chlamydia natural history studies have capitalized on evaluating chlamydia outcomes in the interval between screening and returning for treatment of genital chlamydial infection or on retrospectively performing C. trachomatis testing on stored specimens.

Overall, chlamydia natural history studies in humans demonstrate that clearance of genital C. trachomatis infection increases over time. Studies with shorter follow-up (within weeks or months) have reported clearance rates of 11%–44% demonstrated by NAAT [36–42], compared with 1-year follow-up reporting clearance rates of 45%–54% [43, 44]. Molano et al demonstrated a 94% C. trachomatis clearance rate in women after 4 years of follow-up [43]. Older age and prior chlamydia were associated with C. trachomatis clearance in at least one study, although the association with age was not consistent across studies and few studies had data on prior chlamydia. There were no consistent associations of sex or race with C. trachomatis clearance. A study by Sheffield et al demonstrated that neither bacterial vaginosis clinical findings nor treatment were associated with C. trachomatis clearance [40].

One important consequence of untreated chlamydia is the development of complications. Geisler et al found that 2 (2%) of 115 women developed PID within 7–25 days from the time that they underwent chlamydia screening to the time that they returned for treatment, and 1 (7%) of 14 man developed epididymitis in a 55-day interval between chlamydia screening and his return for treatment [36]. Similarly, 2 other studies have reported PID rates of 3%–4% among women returning within weeks of a positive chlamydia test result to receive treatment [45, 46]. In contrast, Morré et al reported that no cases of PID were diagnosed in 30 women with asymptomatic chlamydia who were followed up for as long as 1 year without receiving antichlamydial antibiotics [44].

In summary, chlamydia natural history studies have demonstrated that C. trachomatis clearance increases over time, and a small (but not insignificant) proportion of persons with chlamydial infection may develop complications in the interval between screening and returning for treatment. We still need a better understanding of the factors that influence C. trachomatis infection duration. Future chlamydia natural history studies will need to incorporate a study design that can more precisely define the timing of C. trachomatis acquisition. Such studies may provide better guidance for chlamydia screening and treatment strategies.

Currently, insufficient evidence is available on correlates of C. trachomatis clearance to recommend any specific changes in chlamydia screening or treatment strategies. Because of the limited evidence that a small proportion of persons with chlamydial infection develop complications in the interval between screening and treatment, it was recommended that consideration be given to adding text in the 2010 CDC STD Treatment Guidelines emphasizing the importance of prompt treatment of persons with chlamydial infection and decreasing the interval between chlamydia screening and treatment to limit complications

This is an absolutely terrible place to look for advice for a situation like this.
Go talk to a real doctor.

Concentrates of cranberry can be useful in treating urinary tract infections.

But usually you would use cranberry in association with an antibiotic.

Will be important to get good medical advice here, and figure out which antibiotics you body will tolerate well.

No idea what you're given as medication there to take once a day. In the UK you're given two pills to take straight away and you're done.

Fluoroquinolones are some nasty stuff. Look up "floxies" for the many people adversely affected.

That being said I don't know the situation with Chlamydia and how viable it is to be treated without antibiotics... I'd check out or ask about a non fluoroquinolone antibiotic.

Purely anecdotal but last year I went to the "doctor" (it was actually only a nurse who saw me) for a mild ear infection and was prescribed a Fluoroquinolone antibiotic. After googling it I saw the nightmare side effects, went back to the doctor and demanded an older, milder antibiotic which I've taken before with no side effects.

Be careful about drugs doctors prescribe you and do your own research. Even in 1st world America, health care has been outsourced to unqualified nurses and PAs who are in over their heads and often don't know what the fuck they're doing.

dude-one dose doxycycline and azithromycin. Pills, all at once , in one sitting. Don't drink alcohol for 3 days-you will get diarrhea for about 24 hours.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

There has to be an antibiotic that you're not allergic to and that kills the strain of Chlamydia you have. But you won't hear about it by asking on RVF. Go visit a real doctor.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I think black pepper uncrushed is an antibiotic that the ancient people used for the clap.

Next time you go to a restaurant get a salad and they ask if you want pepper. Be like "yeah but not for my salad, my dicks dripping" and they'll give you some.

And please for the love of god, eat it. Font rub black pepper on your cock.

Aloha!

But I think you can possibly beat Chlamydia without antibiotics.

Go get a different type of antibiotics and stop being a dumbass.

You have chlamydia, a disease that causes infertility. Treat it.

Don't combine azithromycin and doxycycline. A single dose azithromycin is your best bet.

Allergic Reaction > Chlamydia

Seriously, this is by far one of the dumbest threads on the forum. Stop talking and get to a hospital. Explain the problem and let them deal with it.

If you have an allergic reaction, who the f*ck cares. You'll be at a hospital.

The long term effects of Chlamydia are much worse and more permanent than some self perceived allergic reactions.

If the doctors are useless, take a mega dose of an antihistamine and try again.

[Image: gtfo.gif]

And get to a doctor!

I suppose you haven't tried acupuncture.

[Image: acupuncture+nutty+professor.jpg]

Needles in your hog may not cure chlamydia but on the bright side its bound to take your mind off of your cheesy dick drip

And by the way

Confucius say "He who go to bed with itchy butt, wake up with smelly fingers"

Apropos of nothing...just the only ancient Chinese wisdom I know

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Quote: (01-27-2019 02:05 PM)Vincent Chase Wrote:  

No idea what you're given as medication there to take once a day. In the UK you're given two pills to take straight away and you're done.

Same in the US. One and done.

Quote: (01-27-2019 12:56 PM)ShuaiGe Wrote:  

Edit: the other medication azithromycin is in a different class of antibiotics but I have been told by the doctor that they don't want to give me that because there are chemical similarities in the make up of that and minocycline. Fuck I am so worried and I don't know what to do.

At this point you should be working with a doctor to find an antibiotic you don't react adversely to.

I couldn't take the medicine that night and saw the doctor the next day. She told me my body couldn't handle the full amount so I should just take 1 pill at night rather than 2 in the day and 2 in the night. I asked "but won't I still be sick then" she replied, "probably but you're body is clearly too sensitive to this antibiotic" I asked her to give me some new medicine but told me no because my body was unstable at that time.

This doctor's hamstering makes me very uncomfortable. This before she chose minocycline over Azithromycine, Erythromycin, Amoxicillin clauvinate, or doxycycline as the first choice. Local antibiotic resistance trends are a thing, but minocycline rarely makes it to the urinary tract. As awful as the levaquin was, it can hit your condition.

I strongly suggest seeing a different doctor, preferably one who takes cash. Bring the relavant information, that you appear allergic to tetracyclines and reacted poorly to a flouroquinalone. They are probably going to offer either Azithromycin or Erithromycin an be able to make a case as to why.

Only if the above is impossible will going to the US specifically for treatment be necessary, but I doubt a doctor in the US is going to be cheaper.

Little apple cider vinegar and you'll be as good as new

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

ShuaiGe,

Which country are you now? Protocols vary from country and hospitals you visit.

The tetracycline group antibiotics are known to cause some nasty side effects.

Please speak to your prescriber asap about having another antobiotic for your case. DO NOT purchase them on your own to attempt your own cure from the info from the internet. You will still need to run a blood test after the course anyways.

This is exactly why doctors and nurses ask you if you are allergic to any medications. One of their first questions as soon as you walk in the door. Did they ask you, and did you tell them?

If they don’t ask, they are being negligent! Either TELL them, or walk out and find another doctor.

Take 1g of azithromycin in one dose. It is horrible but you only have to take it once.

Thank you everyone for your replies and encouragement.

I am checking this thread often.

To answer a few questions, yes the first doctor did ask me about allergies. I have taken amoxicillin in the past and have had no problems, unfortunately I've been told that won't have any effect in this case. Other then that I never paid attention to what I took because I was a kid when I was sick.

I know that saying that I'll leave a disease untreated sounds foolish and I don't want to do that either, but to tell you the truth I'm just scared. I'll talk to the doctor in the United States about the pros and cons of leaving it alone, and then talk with my family about it.

Also, the medical system here in China is cheap but not quality, actually I was misdiagnosed at first and got a false negative for Chlamydia at the first hospital, then I was told otherwise at the second.

I was also told I tested positive for genital herpes but I don't think I ever had an outbreak, it was just one of the tests, then I was told by 2 other doctors that I don't have it. They said my positive igM tests don't mean anything, only IgG tests, which I was negative for.

There is no soap in the hospital bathrooms, the doctors occasionally don't wear gloves, and there's a strange queueing system which every cuts in line all the time. They aren't open from 12 to 2 and they don't have everyone staffed on certain days and couldn't do a test for me on Saturday despite my appointment being that day. This is at one of the "best" hospitals in a tier 2 city of more than 10 million people. Granted the appointment only costs $4 but I would have happily paid more to have been cared for better. At the international hospital there it's $50 an appointment which I got better service at but this problem still isn't solved. I'm wondering how everything will go in the United States. It will be nice to go home for a while.

Don't get me wrong, I love living here, but dealing with this here has been a nightmare.

I find it strange that they didn't prescribe you Azithromycin or Doxy as these are the go to medications for Chlamydia/Gonhorrea.

In countries with questionable medical systems, I prefer to self-disgnose wherever feasible. Seems like China's healthcare system is questionable too so I'd do that personally.

For example if my dick hurts when I piss then it's likely either Gonhorrea or Chlamydia. Which one exactly doesn't matter since Azithromycin clears both. Don't need a doctor to tell me what I already know.

Perhaps China doesn't have OTC medications, in which case you'd need to go to the hospital. But yeah try Azithromycin. One-time dose (1g).

Quote: (01-27-2019 05:24 PM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

There has to be an antibiotic that you're not allergic to and that kills the strain of Chlamydia you have. But you won't hear about it by asking on RVF. Go visit a real doctor.

One of my doctors googled symptoms right in front of me... another "doctor" told me not to worry about my throat closing up. Fuck those clowns.

RVF is a great place for this topic because chances are that guys on here have been in the same situation.

Take their collective knowledge and mention it to your doctor.

Quote: (01-28-2019 12:57 AM)ISR92 Wrote:  

I find it strange that they didn't prescribe you Azithromycin or Doxy as these are the go to medications for Chlamydia/Gonhorrea.

In countries with questionable medical systems, I prefer to self-disgnose wherever feasible. Seems like China's healthcare system is questionable too so I'd do that personally.

For example if my dick hurts when I piss then it's likely either Gonhorrea or Chlamydia. Which one exactly doesn't matter since Azithromycin clears both. Don't need a doctor to tell me what I already know.

Perhaps China doesn't have OTC medications, in which case you'd need to go to the hospital. But yeah try Azithromycin. One-time dose (1g).

In case you aren’t aware, they are using dual medications to treat Chlamydia/Gonhorrea because they usually happen together. Gonorrhea in particular is also becoming resistant to even Azithromycin, so people should take oral Cefixime or a shot of Cefixtrazone (not sure of spelling) PLUS azithromycin.

This is based on the latest CDC guidelines for treatment of the clap. If you’re going to self medicate (I do this sometimes), make sure you know what you are doing.