rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Will we see a break up of the US in your lifetime or the next 100 years?

I have been thinking more and more about this topic as there appear to be at least two diverging opinions for what the future of the United States should be. I don't see how these two views can effectively live together or be reconciled. This would lead to a breakup of the US whether you either have some type of civil war or a dissolution of the US through more peaceful means.

I believe the latter would be preferable and the country or (two or more newly created countries) would be better served. I don't say any of this with joy in my heart but I find myself increasingly coming back to the opinion that we are no longer willing to set aside differences and work together as Americans. Therefore, I think it would be better to make the break sooner rather than later so as not to damage the country beyond repair.

Whether you are from the US or elsewhere, what are your thoughts on this? What would the effect of this be for the rest of the world? When would you predict such an action to take place if at all?

I'd be suprised if it doesnt happen in the next 50 years. California or Texas will go first.

No.

We'll see America descend into a military dictatorship before that happens. Look to the history of Rome for a similar rhyme path of history. We're at the point where Rome's Republic became an autocratic empire.

Doubly so, California and Texas both have a very strong military presence in both states.

The civil war was a strong lesson to states that think about succession. Read: complete and utter annihilation of infrastructure and populations.

While the Balkanization of the USA can be a possibility I don't think it'll happen any time soon, even within the next 50.

Americans are comfortable, not uncomfortable enough to riot even at current Paris violence levels that we're seeing.

That shows how unmotivated we are.

You'll read alot about it on here or on some liberal rag or antifag blog - those are the outliers and as always the minority of opinon.

Most Americans cannot and will not swallow the break up of the USA or a Civil War.

A Civil War would have to have some critical mass behind it, even with Trump behind the wheel of America- we aren't reaching anywhere near Civil War level rhetoric. (Yes their have been some shootings or attacks but nothing en masse)

We've got way beyond on our basic needs being met by industry and the state.

There's no lack of food, fuel, basic necessities not being met for the masses.

Bar a serious incident happening - say the annihiliation of financing and the stock market - major hot war with a rival power - I just don't see it.

California and Texas can try and leave but it won't happen - hell Texas may even be blue in 50 years.

The whole California leaving legislation here was laughed at by us locals, so was the breaking apart of the state as well - it was a joke - put up by some salty minority voices.

EDIT: There's a great thread regarding the discussion of Civil War here : thread-60802-page-10.html

If the housing market crash, nor the failure of the Bush and Obama administrations to police/punish the finance giants for their near-destruction of the country's economy could spur Americans to rise up against the globalist snakes who effectively run our country then nothing will. Our immigration policy will be our ultimate downfall.

My guess is that we'll see it whithin the next 20 years.

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

Quote: (01-15-2019 04:11 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

No.

We'll see America descend into a military dictatorship before that happens. Look to the history of Rome for a similar rhyme path of history. We're at the point where Rome's Republic became an autocratic empire.

Doubly so, California and Texas both have a very strong military presence in both states.

The civil war was a strong lesson to states that think about succession. Read: complete and utter annihilation of infrastructure and populations.

If that is true regarding the parallel to Rome, you will have others point out we have to go a different way to avoid the collapse of Rome. Peaceful secession movements are gaining ground. Also, around the world other countries have dissolved relatively peacefully.

If you want a model of how peaceful secession will play out look at Catalonia in Spain. There will be no peaceful revolution in the USA or anywhere else.

He who dares wins - Del Boy

US dollar will lose reserve status and cost of living will go up 25 % at least but the puppet masters will keep the country together. If they kept it together 150 years ago the war against succeeding states will go even quicker this time.

Quote: (01-15-2019 04:30 PM)TIOT12 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-15-2019 04:11 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

No.

If that is true regarding the parallel to Rome, you will have others point out we have to go a different way to avoid the collapse of Rome. Peaceful secession movements are gaining ground. Also, around the world other countries have dissolved relatively peacefully.

Name one

Quote: (01-15-2019 04:47 PM)Repo Wrote:  

Name one

Soviet Union to Russia, Breakup of Czech Republic and Slovakia, Independence of Canada, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa was peaceful, Germany

Here, is someone talking about state breakups with some peaceful and some not:

https://youtu.be/mGnluyj-IQM?t=322

I think it'll be a relatively slow descent into de facto fragmentation due to existing ethnic divides (and a lack of political will for dealing with or preventing said divides), followed by de jure political breakup or decentralization. Like the former Soviet Union, it's likely that there will still be a "core" United States, or a USA held together in weaker form, but it will no longer be a superpower.

Yugoslavia was bloody.

This is an interesting thought that I recently drafted a fiction novel concept for.

I personally suspect that the US will breakup within the next century. I think it will be mostly peaceful except for some minor chaos and violence such as that which might spill out of certain ghetto areas during that transition period after the police get disbanded and before they are successfully reformed under a new name.

Having been in the US Army myself and interacted with many members of other military branches during that time and since, I can say that I would be very surprised if anyone could get the majority of US military personnel to turn their weapons on other Americans so I do not see the US being held together by military force against the will of the majority populace. If any autocrat were to attempt such a thing, it is very likely that the majority of the military would defect to their respective regions, go AWOL, or simply become willfully incompetent to a degree that it would effectively amount to internal sabotage and make it impossible for Washington DC to control vast and growing areas of the country. This will only become increasingly more true as the Federal government becomes increasingly less able/willing to pay them which would inevitably happen in such a scenario as just one region breaking away or becoming less cooperative would take a massive chunk out of the Federal military budget that almost certainly would be irreplaceable. This is especially true as the most likely candidates for the first state(s)/region(s) to break away are the only states/regions which are economically viable or close to being so such as Texas, Alaska, (which already has a secessionist movement and independence party), the Midwest, and the Southeast.

I think a breakup would most likely be along cultural lines, probably following some sort of issue with the viability of the national currency and financial collapse that would make it impossible for the government to provide Americans with benefits (over 35% of Americans are on welfare currently), such as those outlined by Colin Woodard in his book, American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America. I may disagree with some of his explanations as far as what these 11 nations are like and where exactly their borders are and I would even add a few nations myself but I think he is generally on the right track. As it stands currently, each state has its own constitution and government so it would not be difficult for them to function independently but I think, while many of them would likely remain in their current state and simply adopt their state constitutions as their new national constitutions, many of them, such as California, would likely break apart and be split up amongst other neighboring states and/or reformed as entirely new nations in their own right.

There is also the obvious dominance of certain groups in some regions which is not mentioned by Woodard such as the Mormons who are a cohesive identity group and who comprise the majority of the population in virtually all of Utah as well as large parts of several neighboring states and they would almost certainly attempt to establish Deseret or some other Mormon nation for themselves. Frankly, as the Mormon communities in that region are known to stockpile months if not years worth of food, water, and supplies at a time in order to be of maximum benefit to their communities in the event of a natural disaster or humanitarian crisis, as well as the fact that many Mormons and other people from that region have military and law enforcement experience (more so than other regions where virtually nobody joins the military such as New England - I would estimate that well over half of the US military is from the South and Midwest despite those regions making up maybe 1/4 of the nation's population when you exclude huge cities like Chicago which do not produce many military personnel either relative to their size) and the region itself is known to be relatively safe and free of the sort of scary crime like what one would expect to see in places like St. Louis, I could see the Mormons doing well compared to most other people and regions and I could imagine a state established by them being pretty successful as well. Additionally, I could see the Mormon population growing substantially through conversions when they become the only reliable providers of food, water, security, and hope in many areas.

Another thing to consider is that the chaos that would follow a breakup of the US would inevitably destabilize most or all of Canada and Mexico and very likely lead to secessionist movements in those countries as well. For example, I could see Washington and Oregon joining with British Columbia to form Cascadia and I could see Alberta (which already has a secessionist movement) also breaking away to join Montana and a few other nearby US states with similar cultures, values, and industries. Given that something like 90% of the entire Canadian population lives within 100 miles of the US border, it is not hard to imagine Canada becoming history, especially when considering that Canada is nearly completely dependent upon the US for security and economy since the US is the only country that Canada borders and it would really only take a massive migrant influx from a single US state like New York, Illinois, or Pennsylvania to send Canada into chaos as those three states alone probably have more people between them than all of Canada and most of them live in the big cities that will surely empty out once things start getting weird. In the same way, it would not be difficult to imagine parts of New Mexico, California, Arizona, and Texas joining several of the northern provinces of Mexico (which are already virtually their own countries anyway) to create the El Norte nation that Colin Woodard describes in his book.

As for the inevitability of such a breakup, I think that works like The Fate of Empires by Arthur John Hubbard lay out pretty well the reality that no empire, no matter how great or powerful, lasts forever because they all eventually succumb to their own success and begin to decline internally and break apart along lines more ancient than their current political incarnations. For the Mongols, this meant that the Slavs broke away to reform as their own states as they had been prior to the Mongol conquest and the Persians did the same. This is also what happened to the Soviet Union.

This is of course unless the water and electricity get turned off at some point. If either of those things happen, it could get very real very fast. Most people, especially those in major cities far away from any potable water source (good luck trying to drink water from the Hudson River) or primary food source have no preparations made for and do not know what they would do if the power went out for even 3 days, let alone a prolonged period, and the people who live in the cities are generally not a culturally homogenous bunch like the Mormons in Utah who will look out for each other and organize effectively when things start going sideways. The cities are basically just one big power shortage away from being war zones if they are not war zones already.

The parts of the country where most Americans live are not food or water secure. Most of California is a giant barren desert as it most of Arizona and Nevada. The cities in that region like LA and Las Vegas are already short on water and their water has to be piped in from a far away place that may well become part of a different country in the event of a breakup. Same goes for food as most of the food grown in the US is grown in areas that are very culturally different from the big cities and which likely would either not want to join into a political union with the big cities (as rural people already very often feel oppressed by the voting majority of the cities in those states which have big cities but are mostly rural like Illinois and Georgia) or would seek to leverage their importance as food and water producing regions to acquire a greater amount of political power within such a union than what they have now (something which the city-dwellers would surely take issue with). If there are any wars that start, it will likely be over access to water sources and food-growing areas. It is unlikely in my view that there will be much if any fighting over fishing territory as most coastal areas share similar cultural values with the exception of those in the Southeast and Alaska.

However it goes, I see many of the major cities emptying out in the process of a breakup due to food and water issues, neighborhood turf wars, massive loss of jobs, people returning to their home states and countries because they have no connection or loyalty to the cities beyond what is demanded of them by their employer, inability of city governments to provide the sorts of benefits that many if not most city dwellers need to be able to afford living in the cities, etc.

It will be a sad day when it happens but no state or empire is immortal. I don't see the US becoming Somalia or Iraq though. I think any breakup will be mostly civil and not involve much violence beyond the ghetto overflow and neighborhood turf wars (such as between majority black and majority hispanic neighborhoods) in major cities like LA that I mentioned. For one thing, the regions and cultural zones of the US are different but they are not as homogenous or as violently hateful of each other as the former Yugoslav republics were (Americans don't have millennia of bad blood between us) so I do not foresee any continental race wars on the horizon and most Americans do not have the stomach for the kind of carnage and sadistic brutality that is found in places like Iraq, Somalia, and Syria so I don't foresee an ISIS or Al-Shabab scenario erupting out of the chaos either. I could imagine something more like the peaceful breakup of the USSR where not a single shot was fired by the military and all of the republics basically mutually recognized their differences and agreed to allow each other to exist independently.

Quote: (01-15-2019 05:09 PM)TIOT12 Wrote:  

Name one

Soviet Union to Russia, Breakup of Czech Republic and Slovakia, Independence of Canada, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa was peaceful, Germany

And the think the breakup of the US is relatable to which one of those?

Quote: (01-15-2019 07:09 PM)Repo Wrote:  

Name one

I thought you were asking me that question in good faith. My mistake.

Quote: (01-15-2019 07:17 PM)TIOT12 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-15-2019 07:09 PM)Repo Wrote:  

Name one

I thought you were asking me that question in good faith. My mistake.

So you think you understand geopolitics but couldnt pick up that I was asking because I didnt agree with you? I thought that was very transparent.

Quote: (01-15-2019 06:21 PM)Waqqle Wrote:  

It will be a sad day when it happens but no state or empire is immortal. I don't see the US becoming Somalia or Iraq though. I think any breakup will be mostly civil and not involve much violence beyond the ghetto overflow and neighborhood turf wars (such as between majority black and majority hispanic neighborhoods) in major cities like LA that I mentioned. For one thing, the regions and cultural zones of the US are different but they are not as homogenous or as violently hateful of each other as the former Yugoslav republics were (Americans don't have millennia of bad blood between us) so I do not foresee any continental race wars on the horizon and most Americans do not have the stomach for the kind of carnage and sadistic brutality that is found in places like Iraq, Somalia, and Syria so I don't foresee an ISIS or Al-Shabab scenario erupting out of the chaos either. I could imagine something more like the peaceful breakup of the USSR where not a single shot was fired by the military and all of the republics basically mutually recognized their differences and agreed to allow each other to exist independently.

Thanks for the detailed response. Based on some things you wrote, i think you might have an interest in the One Second After books by William Forstchen if you haven't read them already.

Russian Analyst Discusses Breakup of US

This is one possible scenario from a Russian analyst that I could see happening. Keep this in mind this was written a decade ago.

But no one really knows.

I think political instability will get worse in terms of the ideological purging of diversity of thought in both parties as we will become more polarized. The Democrats think just because they've had an edge since 1992 they'll have it forever. Since Obama's win, they've been having wet dreams of ruling for 40 years and Republicans are too busy purging out anyone to the slight left of them. I could see a rebellion happening.

100 years from now, you're more likely to see the US merged into a union with Canada and Mexico than the US breaking up. The US will be nearly 50% Hispanic by then, and about 30-40% European, so that merger with melted pot Canada and metizo Mexico will be a natural move. This is one of the main reason the southern border has been left wide open for 50 years, to eliminate racial/cultural difference and homogenize the continent, paving the way to the mega-merger.

There will be some regional autonomy, along NCAA conference lines (Pacific block, Atlantic, SEC, Big10.midwest etc), but most of the big decision and taxation will be made by the continental overlords, EU-style.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FhrSP...efault.jpg]

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

The real divide in the USA, demonstrated by voting history, is urban vs non-urban communities and culture. Only a few states have a overwhelming dominant voting block/culture at the state-level and could potentially break off on their own.

One possibility I could see is liberal USA cities breaking off, in some fashion, to form the United Cities of America.

This is the voting margins by county level for the 2016 Trump/Hillary election. Notice where the big tall blue bars are? (meaning big wins for Hillary)

[Image: election-map-3d-by-county.png?resize=570%2C353]

A few other notes:

1. Major liberal cities are already pissing in the face of the federal government with their sanctuary laws and protection/coddling of foreign invaders. A few arrests of elected city officials by a conservative US president could set off a conflict that leads to cities leaving.

2. Some liberal cities have enormous international economic power. For now, at least. Together, their GDP output would be huge.

LA = Hollywood.
Seattle = Amazon/Microsoft.
SF Bay Area = <too many to list>
New York = Finance + <many>
Boston = Medical, academic, tech.

Economically, we are not talking about Bumfuck County breaking off. We are talking about places that alone could function as their own city-states. Together, they would be just more powerful. And for many liberal people if an alliance existed, their lifestyle would hardly change since many of these people just bounce from one major liberal city to the next looking for "culture."

3. Singapore is pioneering (because their survival depends on it) a lot of city-sustainability technology and practices that could overcome much of the losses associated with access to non-city resources; food production being a big one.

4. If not an alliance of cities right away, I think a more likely scenario is the LA-SF corridor breaking off and becoming an independent nation. They have enough money floating around, favorable demographics, favorable land resources, and arrogance to pull it off if they really wanted to do it. As I alluded to before, all it would take I think is for Trump to go arrest the mayors/AG's of SF and LA and that would get the ball rolling on secession being a legit option for many in that region. Remember, Trump is literal Hitler to them and now he is arresting their leaders. That could light the fuse real quick.

It would be for the best since states like Texas (along with other at-risk states) could put a quota on foreign nationals from the new LA/SF state. And therefore, stop the liberal migration from ruining the rest of the USA. I can only dream this comes true one day before it's too late for the rest of the USA.

@TIOT12: I did see One Second After in Amazon when I was looking for post-apocalyptic and dystopian fiction titles to get inspiration from. The plot summary I read of it seems interesting. Have you read it and would you recommend it?

@Kurgan:: The US, thanks in large part to the influence of oligarch campaign donors and the Deep State (which is not a conspiracy but just the vast bureaucracy of the federal government consisting of all “federal employees” who have a vested interest in keeping things as bureaucratic and imperial as possible in order to preserve their own employment and benefits), is actually very politically stable. So much so that the two parties (republican and Democrat) are virtually indistinguishable from each other in terms of what they actually do once they get into office even if they spit fire at each other during campaigns. The US is so politically stable that voting is virtually meaningless because, no matter who you vote for, you are likely to see the same rollout of events that you would have if one of the other candidates had won.

Both liberal and conservative people have been becoming increasingly aware of this and disgruntled about it since at least the 90s and it is one more reason why, when some state-ending event like a currency collapse happens, the majority of the country will likely be too apathetic to lift a finger to preserve the Union if they do not actively join some kind of secessionist movement themselves.

@911: I don’t see the US becoming majority hispanic any farther north than Texas and Southern California in the next century. Even Northern California is still overwhelmingly white and Asian (I used to live there). When we say “hispanics,” we are almost exclusively talking about Mexicans as they are by far the largest Latin demographic in the US and there is no reason to think that will change in the next century. That said though, most of them tend to stay relatively close to the border and not venture farther north or east in any numbers which would be significant enough to cause them to even approach majority status anywhere outside of the southern parts of those states which border Mexico, hence the “El Norte” idea I mentioned in my previous post.

Another thing to consider is that the majority of the Mexicans who have come to the US illegally over the years do not care about the US. This is why so many of them have generally not learned English and have historically ghettoized themselves into their own enclaves. These individuals I am referring to, who make up the majority of undocumented Mexicans in the US (as well as undocumented people from other countries), are in the US for one reason only and that reason is money in the form of government benefits and jobs. As things have gotten harder in the US and things have gotten better in many parts of Latin America, we have actually seen a great many of these individuals return to the countries of origin and to other Latin countries.

I predict that, if the government becomes unable to provide benefits and the jobs go away, both of which will ultimately happen with the insoluble nature of the country’s financial situation and the impending replacement of many manual labor jobs by various forms of technology peddled by tech oligarchs, the majority of these individuals will either return from whence they came post haste or at least retreat to those areas near the border which are already historically hispanic-dominated areas. I suspect that the rest of the country will be, demographically, not dramatically different from the way it is now. 100 years is a long time but it is not that long and the US does not share borders with any countries which are far more populous than it is. As for the argument that Hispanics breed more than whites or blacks, that is true only up until they are 2nd or 3rd generation, at which point, they are just as sterile as whites and blacks (whose numbers are kept down mainly by the Planned Parenthood clinics which are intentionally located almost exclusively in black-majority areas and neighborhoods - Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, was known to have stated that she desired to erase black people from the country through abortion among many other disturbing things that I encourage you to look up).

As for the merger with Mexico and Canada, I don’t see that happening either since both Mexico and Canada are increasingly regionalistic with a number of regions and provinces all but functioning as their own countries already and both of them will likely fall apart before the US does. I predict that all 3 will destabilize each other though. If Mexico falls, it will destabilize the US, if the US falls, it will destabilize all of the Americas (most people don’t know this but much of the wealth of Latin America is stored in Miami’s banks because the rich of those countries don’t entirely trust their native banks - Miami has more banks per square mile than any other city in the hemisphere), and if Canada falls, it will at least cause a lot of trouble for the northern US since, as I mentioned, about 90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US border.

Basically, I am saying that the US, Canada, and Mexico are all artificially large already in the sense that they have all grown to such an extend that they are essentially numerous separate nations being held together by an imperial capitol authority which is distant from and generally resented by all of them. With that being as it is, and there is no reason to think it will become less the case going forward, I do not see the 3 countries, all of which are already falling apart internally to varying degrees, being successfully united and, if an attempt at such a thing were to be made, it might last all of a month and could very well be the thing which sparks off the secessionist movements we have been hypothesizing if those movements are not already active by the time it happens.

If the European countries, with all that they have in common, can’t hold the EU together for more than a few decades, there is no reason to think that North America, a far more fractious, heterogeneous (ethnically and, more importantly, culturally), and historically rebellious part of the world, will be able to manage such a thing at any point in the next century.

@The Black Knight: I have considered this too but the cities would not be able to break off on their own. This is mainly because they do not produce any of their own stuff. Not only food and water but anything else as well. All products and services must be delivered to them via trucks and trains which overwhelmingly originate from, are operated by people from, and move through regions of the country which are overwhelmingly and increasingly dominated by those who resent the city dwellers who vote for the imposition from the capitol of everything that makes life for them harder and more complex and in the same moment looking down on them while relying on them for absolutely everything.

If the cities wanted to strike out on their own, they would only be able to do so as individual city states because they would have no way to get to each other since they would each be surrounded on all sides by the dominions of those who resent their attempt to take away the wealth of whatever region they are in for themselves and forsake the countryside and small cities that, through their voting, they plunged into economic recession for decades. All that the rural and small city people would have to do to end the independence of these city states is refuse to let them use the roads, train tracks, farmland, etc. and then just wait for them to starve and give up. Most of the firearms, heavy vehicles, military/law enforcement experience, and community loyalty is to be found in these areas as well so it is unlikely that the city dwellers (those who remain after all of the people who have no reason to stay empty out and leave) will be able to do anything about this other than submit, even if they could muster the organization and willpower to offer some kind of brief resistance.

As for the global power of these cities, the power that they have is based only on the globalist aristocrats and tycoons who live in them and the wealth that they command through trade. Both of these things are dependent entirely upon shipping, train, and truck transport to bring their products to other places and bring them all of the things they need to survive (even Singapore has not come anywhere near figuring out its food security problem and there are inherent limits to things like hydroponic and vertical farming such as the fact that a hydroponically-grown vegetable or fruit is not as nutrient dense as a naturally-grown one and that indoor farming with electric lights and such is highly expensive).

These transportation lines can very easily be disrupted and/or cut entirely by pissed off people with increasingly less to lose who live in the areas where the lines pass through and who are resentful of the fact that the city dwellers think that they can abuse and plunder the countryside for decades and then just shove off with all of their ill-gotten wealth, leaving the peasants to languish in poverty fighting for whatever scraps the urbanites did not manage to find during their rule. These transportation lines can be sabotaged, disrupted, and destroyed and there is increasing reason to expect that such a thing might happen in the event of a breakup scenario. For example, the tech monopolies in San Fransisco, and by extension the city itself, seem particularly hellbent on pissing off America’s 3-4 million truckers by developing self-driving AI technology to put them out of work - can’t imagine those people will be anything but resentful of the city and I would certainly not be surprised if they use their knowledge of the country’s transport infrastructure and systems to sabotage said lines somehow. Once the transportation lines go, so too do the cities.

Even the internet for a city like San Fransisco, which basically would not be able to exist in any recognizable form without it, can be shut off by simply locating the fiber optic cables which run beneath the ground and water outside of the city and attacking them somehow. The entire nation of Armenia was taken offline a while back by a single elderly woman in Georgia (Republic of) who, while scavenging for copper to sell, severed the fiber optic cable running under the ground with her shovel. That cable, which ran from Georgia into Armenia, was apparently the only source of internet for about 90% of Armenia as well as some parts of Georgia and Azerbaijan at the time. The internet for most people, hilariously, really is just a series of tubes when it comes down to it. As virtually all trade and banking are done electronically via the internet now, loss of internet or even a major slow down could severely screw things up for any major American city and it would be even worse for them if it was their outlander neighbors doing it to them while also cutting off the transport lines and withholding food, water, and other supplies. Attacks on the fiber optic cables bringing internet to San Fransisco for example have been happening since at least 2015 so this is not a new thing but could easily be increased.

Further, the wealth of the aristocracy and oligarchs in these cities is maintained primarily through monopolies which are enforced through various subsidies, regulations, and other things that originate with the federal/imperial capitol government in Washington DC. Once those things all go away, many of the monopolies are likely to be weakened or dissolved as well.

The only reason Singapore can exist the way it does is because, aside from the obvious fact that Malaysia and Indonesia simply allow it to exist, it happens to sit in the middle of one of the most vital shipping lanes on planet Earth (which means that it technically has no need of land transport and can charge fees to ships passing through), it is an island which makes it defensible, it has invested heavily in its military hardware (which could be the strongest and most efficient in all of SEA), it has invested heavily in its military personnel and in fact has mandatory conscription for all males and mandatory continuing drills for all formerly conscripted males until they reach retirement age (no US city has anything remotely comparable to any of this), and it is on very good terms with its neighbors, any one of which could, even with its superior military equipment and training, probably destroy it in a war simply by blockading it and cutting off the roads that go into Malaysia until it starves to the point that its soldiers are too weak and demotivated to put up a fight against a much larger neighbor like Malaysia, Indonesia, or Thailand that could just swarm it in its weakened state.

By comparison, the major coastal cities in the US are literally an ocean away from any other non-American (in the geographical sense to included all of the Americas) city and would not see maritime traffic by trade vessels from other countries the way that Singapore does if they were no longer attached to the vast wealth of the greater US. In fact, pretty much all of the major coastal cities exist primarily if not exclusively to function as gateways to the rest of the country and consumers of what it produces. If they should become severed from the rest of the country, they will just become stagnant backwaters thousands of miles away from any relevant global shipping lane and surrounded on all sides by resentful peasants until they eventually give up and join whatever state has been formed by the now-dominant rural and small town folk.

Another thing to consider is that virtually all US military bases, and certainly all of those which are important, are located outside of highly urban areas.

All of this being said, I still maintain that I don’t see Americans taking up arms and seriously going to war with each other en masse or military personnel turning their weapons on fellow countrymen. I just don’t think Americans have the stomach for that sort of thing (having been in the military, I can say that I don’t think I met another soldier who would turn their weapon on other Americans either unless the world were truly ending - most of us enlisted because we wanted to do good things, get paid, and get the GI Bill; we didn’t sign up for civil war “you have been orders by the capital to subdue the districts” Hunger Games crap) and the ones who might are mostly NRA members, religious conservatives, veterans, and other similar people who would probably already be organized to engage and neutralize any ISIS or Bolshevik-type threat that might emerge long before it actually manages to. The US also doesn’t have a history, environment, or, in most places at least, culture which would be conducive to such a violent group taking over any significant amount of territory for any period of time longer than 8 minutes.

As I said in my first post in this thread, I see any hypothetical future breakup scenario being conducted in a mostly civil and peaceful way and I only see such a thing happening if and when the currency is no longer viable and/or the government is no longer able to provide benefits and salaries to all of the people who currently receive them. At this time, over 35% of Americans are on welfare as I previously mentioned and there are more who are on other forms of government assistance. Add to all of this the number of people employed in the public sector on the federal level and you probably have around half of the population receiving and, in many if not most cases, relying for their livelihood on some form of money from the government. If anything causes a collapse and a mass movement by people toward anything that gets them off their fat asses and away from their screens, it will most likely be loss of government benefits and a collapse of the currency making their salaries and benefits worth progressively less as they continue to receive the same number of dollars each period but those dollars rapidly decline in value until they just stop receiving anything, at which point questions will require answers.

It depends on whether the left will be smart and allow white, conservative Americans to exist in their own communities even after they have been removed from all power. If they push too far too fast, there will be trouble, but if they continue to boil the frog slowly things can continue along those lines. I predict a slow white flight to various white states and those to become the nucleus of new nations but not in this century.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Texas is the only US State insulated from the national vice grip. Texas has its own power, water, road systems and organized militia, and succession is deeply rooted in the history of Texas. The state was always suspicious of the greater nation and built itself up to be truly autonomous if need be.

California will attempt but the broken state has no reliable access to water or power as it sources both out of State, the Feds can strangle California into submission so it will never actually break free.

So, to answer the question..

No.

You need trap doors set to have nations break apart. Yugoslavia for example has trap doors set in Croatia and Serbia which, if triggered, would break about the nation. In Canada we have Quebec, which is a trap door in the sense that they have not even formally joined the Federation here and have not fully adopted the Constitution. They keep the trap door as a card to use when needed but many say they won't ever try to separate (they tried twice in the last 50 years). The USA has nothing close to those situations painted above. All the strife in America is largely class based and the end result will just be a civil strife over that.

I think we sometimes underestimate the chaos of the mob and overestimate the effectiveness of the elite's plans.

I see this persistently when people talk about the current youth being indoctrinated and "in 20 or 30 years there will be no conservatives".

Of course that's been said constantly since the 60's but the reality is that people generally grow out of their faggot stages in life when reality begins pushing in on their carefully crafted Left wing world view. From my observations the Boomers are actually the most left wing ideologically calcified generation and subsequent generations are rejecting Left wing bullshit at higher and higher rates each year, if for no other reason than the fact that the prosperity that kept the Boomers ideologically cozy is now dead and gone. We now live in a world where the POTUS, an unthinkable character to elect 10 years ago, drew attention to the looming genocide of whites in South Africa. Back during the war to end Apartheid we had the leadership of vastly white majority nations busily backstabbing their co-ethnics while attempting to draw attention only to the plight of the downtrodden blacks.

Who thinks it would go well for them if they tried that shit now?

No, I think there's a tremendous awakening underway and for that reason I don't see White America standing idly by while the South American masses vote them into slave status.

The reality is that the American federal government is an extremely top-heavy institution and when whites are inevitably purged from it as is already happening it will collapse under its own weight, although the conflict during that process will be spectacular to say the least. It will make the breakup of the Soviet Union look like a cake raffle by comparison.

Imagine if someone told you Rome would have survived if the barbarians decided not to sack the empire and instead simply took the place of the Roman bureaucrats, then said "carry on, business as usual".

Imagine if they went further to suggest that this could be done with different groups of barbarians working in concert with each other. What would the Fedgov bring the whites to heel with? Squads consisting of Manuel, Tyrone, Ishaan, Cho and Dikembe?

[Image: laugh4.gif]

The doomsayers claming that the elites have the future on lockdown are doing the work of the elites for them. The future isn't bright, but it's not endless slavery if we bother to push back.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.