rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Aquarium says sorry for calling otter 'thicc girl'

Quote:Quote:

A California aquarium apologized on Wednesday for a Twitter post calling one of their otters a “thicc girl” and “chonk,” which critics slammed as racist.

“Abby is a thicc girl,” the Monterey Bay Aquarium tweeted Tuesday along with a photo of Abby the otter.

“What an absolute unit. She c h o n k. Look at the size of this lady. OH LAWD SHE COMIN,” the tweet continued.

While the tweet got thousands of likes and retweets, scores of Twitter users skewered the aquarium for “fat-shaming” the otter.

The aquarium later tweeted out, “#bodypawsitivity” and another post reading “work hard nom harder.”

Christine DeAngelo, the aquarium’s curator of mammals, spoke out after backlash over the original tweet surfaced — saying that Abby wasn’t even fat for an otter, adding that the photo was snapped at a bad angle.

“That’s not blubber or anything,” she told the LA Times. “It’s just the angle of her hips and the way she’s rolled. She’s one of our most photogenic animals.”

But many social media users took issue with the slang used to describe the otter, which they describe as having racial undertones.

“Please delete this tweet. It is offensive,” a theoretical physicist at the University of Washington, Chanda Prescod-Weinstein, tweeted from her now-private account, reported the Sacramento Bee.

“I’m certain that @MontereyAq didn’t realize that they were basically comparing Black women to animals by using AAVE developed to talk about Black women’s bodies to describe an animal. But that’s pretty bad, MBA.”

Twitter user Post-Surgical Agitator tweeted criticism in the same vein.

“There’s a reason we tell non-AA folks to avoid using AAVE: Our language, humor, and cultural references are borne from some of humanity’s worst atrocities. If you haven’t endured that pain, you can’t know where the faultlines in our expression are. Please do better next time,” read the tweet.

The aquarium issued the following apology in the wake of the outrage: “Hey everyone. It has come to our attention that some of the references in this tweet are problematic and insensitive. We’re posting here in the thread so that people who have engaged with this tweet will join us in our learning moment,” the tweet read.

“If our tweet alienated you, please know that we are deeply sorry, and that we offer our sincerest apologies. If you follow our feed, we often reference popular memes to talk about the ocean. In this case, the memes used had connotations we were unaware of until now,” the apology continued.

“In particular, several terms referenced originated from African American Vernacular English (AAVE) and specifically reference Black women’s bodies. Using them in a sea otter meme without that background makes insinuations we never intended. We need to do better,” the aquarium said.

I don't know where reality ends and the fantasy land begins anymore.

[Image: DEhe.gif]

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

This lady actually has a PhD in being offended.

She's a doctor of being a joyless cunt.

What a time to be alive!

Quote:[/url]

Quote:

[Image: YjY1aaJ.jpg]

EDIT:

Original tweet:
Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/MontereyAq/status/1075120423744860160]

Would not bang the feminist cunt.
Would not bang the thicc otter either, but I'd be happy to pet it.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I wonder what the mentality is of someone who thinks that calling an otter fat is racist.

Quote: (12-22-2018 10:10 AM)str8_thggn Wrote:  

I wonder what the mentality is of someone who thinks that calling an otter fat is racist.

Leftism is a mental illness.

That aquarium is definitely worth checking out if you're ever in Monterey, although it takes a few hours to fully appreciate so probably only if you have at least a few days to spend or it's shitty weather (which it rarely is there).

I got my Magnum condoms, I got my wad of hundreds, I'm ready to plow!

My trigger is people calling shapeless fat girls THICC.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always taken THICC to mean a girl has a slim waist and a big ass/hips/thighs. Something like this:

[Image: DyivxiL.jpg?1][Image: eKf0Qyk.gif]

WB

Not like that fat whore of an otter.

Abby has no waist, she's just a fat bitch.

2/10 WNB.

Haha what the fuck is this? No lifers need to bitch about a fucking otter, how good it is to live in a time of peace where people can complain about MINOR shit like this

Otterly ridiculous.

Just another post-wall cunt who had nothing to offer pre-wall except for her ability to turn offence-taking into an art form, which no one is paying attention to.

Men create civilizations. This is what women create.

The end.

First off, otters, even thicc ones, are adorable. They already own the internet.

[Image: 366.jpg]

[Image: no-means-no_o_7178636.jpg]

Second, we all know why Donna got triggerred by this.

[Image: GLoRl1H.png]

>>nothing to offer pre-wall except for her ability to turn offence-taking into an art form, which no one is paying attention to.

This whole thread is paying attention to her. Why are there jobs like the one she has? To distract the common people so they don't think about the people with real power. She's a useful idiot, in other words.

Put her in a bikini and make her a cover model for Wildlife Illustrated. Previously they had featured various minks but weasals ferreted out their bigotry and lack of inclusiveness.

Quote: (12-22-2018 09:20 PM)questor70 Wrote:  

Say what you want about her political beliefs and appearance, but her voice is beautiful...

Quote: (12-22-2018 07:21 PM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

Otterly ridiculous.

Bitch otter learn her place.

Quote: (12-22-2018 10:10 AM)str8_thggn Wrote:  

They're racist/self-hating/misanthropic themselves. Projection is a powerful thing.

Quote: (12-22-2018 09:21 PM)Shemp Wrote:  

>>nothing to offer pre-wall except for her ability to turn offence-taking into an art form, which no one is paying attention to.

This whole thread is paying attention to her.

This whole thread is drawing attention to her type of idiotic nit-picking and its continued prevalence in our dysfunctional society, not her, per se.

There is a vast difference.

Quote: (12-22-2018 11:00 PM)Bizet Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2018 07:21 PM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

Otterly ridiculous.

Bitch otter learn her place.

An otter disgrace.

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

So the slang 'thic' as a flattering fat acceptance word has not yet reached the politically correct stage with the mainstream yet. Interesting.

Quote: (12-23-2018 05:49 AM)Aszhaeleos Wrote:  

So the slang 'thic' as a flattering fat acceptance word has not yet reached the politically correct stage with the mainstream yet. Interesting.

God I hate that word.

Taking women with FAT asses and calling them "thicc". I get that some girls look ok with a SLIGHTLY larger ass, and that some men prefer a big booty, but it seems lately every chubby chick or grotesque exaggeration of Kim Kardashian's proportions is affectionately named "thicc".

It is either a FAT ASS (some would say PHAT) or a clownish parody of the female form.

Fat ugly lesbian SJWs griping about an otter being called thicc is just a symptom of a fat ugly lesbian being a pathetic fat ugly lesbian.
The fact she made it a case of racism instead of sexism and she is white but offended in the name of blacks (who did not seem to be offended and honestly who cares) is very telling.

The real tragey here is the apology by the aquarium. I fully expect some poor bastard to lose his job in the coming weeks due to hurt feelings on Twitter.

They should have just posted:

THICC
H
I
C
C

I like how they used “oh lawd” thought [Image: smile.gif]

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Thank you op for adding the word "chonk" to my vocabulary. It's my new favourite word and I'll try to incorporate it into a many conversations as possible.

Yo mama so chonk she had to go to Sea World to get baptised.

Yo mama so chonk her wedding photos were an aerial view.

Yo mama so chonk the sign at the restaurant says 500 maximum capacity or yo mama.

Yo mama so chonk, when she was diagnosed with a flesh eating disease, the doctors gave her ten years to live.

Imagine how confused a time traveler from 1950 would be if he opened up the newspaper to read the headline "Aquarium makes public apology for fat shaming obese otter."

Quote:Quote:

Abby is a thicc girl
What an absolute unit
She c h o n k
Look at the size of this lady
OH LAWD SHE COMIN
Another Internetism !

What the hell does this even mean. Man i feel old, cant even understand a damn public aquarium social media post.

Never cross streams.

Quote: (12-22-2018 10:36 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2018 09:20 PM)questor70 Wrote:  

Say what you want about her political beliefs and appearance, but her voice is beautiful...

I loved him in CHIPs He was hilarious

[Image: 240px-Michael_Pe%C3%B1a_Labor_Cesar_E._C...torium.jpg]

"Yeah...eating ass...that's like standard now"

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell