rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The competence barrier

The competence barrier

I've figured out, through a unique experience, that we truly need to be excellent at something to be able to see the finer details of what's better and worse in a particular field--to be able to rank and appreciate correctly. With the deconstructionism and post modernism that's so rampant today it's even more important.

It's crucial that before making a judgment about something, we analyze our personal competence in the subject, and perhaps compare ourselves and our own ability directly to what we're analyzing. By way of comparison we avoid making critical mistakes.

This is vitally important because misjudging the world will cause a lack of understanding and as a consequence cause resentment and hate within us, ultimately limiting our potential.

There are a plethora of historical examples of people misjudging, underestimating situations, talent, and sometimes overestimating because of likewise personal bias, incompetence, or to what I'm referring to here; a lack of introspection, and arrogance/insecurity.

The people who misjudge always end up losing, so deep introspection and an understanding of one's abilities and limitations, and how they compare to others, I think is crucial to succeeding in life. The advice to not compare ourselves to others is misguiding and blinding, weakening us, and not allowing us to better ourselves and find power.

The powerful see the world as it is in their respective field, and don't lie to themselves--this is what allows them to reach power in the first place--but they must first go past the many gatekeepers who lie to keep people in order--subjugation by words and psychological weakening. The combination of introspection and intelligence, perhaps coupled with the creative will to power, is the key to fulfilling power, and becoming a master in a field.

And only the masters, given they are not insecure, can correctly rank others within their field or fields.

The competence barrier

I'm not really sure what you just wrote.

The competence barrier

[Image: need-some-dressing.jpg]

The competence barrier

Thanks for reminding me to add you to ignore

two scoops
two genders
two terms

The competence barrier

[Image: R5BNSSm.jpg]

Quote: (02-26-2015 01:57 PM)delicioustacos Wrote:  
They were given immense wealth, great authority, and strong clans at their backs.

AND THEY USE IT TO SHIT ON WHORES!

The competence barrier

Flux.
So what you're saying is; you stand by your analysis...?

The competence barrier

Writing or expressing ideas in general is clearly not your competency.

The competence barrier

Quote: (12-14-2018 03:51 PM)Ocelot Wrote:  

[Image: R5BNSSm.jpg]

The competence barrier

I'm basically saying that before arriving to conclusions or judging something, we must compare ourselves to whatever we are judging--with minimal bias. We often project our own weaknesses and judge according to our insecurities, rather than seeing something for what it is.

We may also lack the competence to rank something outside of our expertise.

So we must introspect first, understand ourselves, then decide what to do in the world, because how we see ourselves is how we see the world. We are all guilty of this no matter how intelligent we are, and I thought it was important to discuss it.

This is why you get people voting against their interests--they simply don't know themselves.

The competence barrier

Quote: (12-14-2018 05:05 PM)Flux Wrote:  

I'm basically saying that before arriving to conclusions or judging something, we must compare ourselves to whatever we are judging--with minimal bias. We often project our own weaknesses and judge according to our insecurities, rather than seeing something for what it is.

So we must introspect first, understand ourselves, then decide what to do in the world, because how we see ourselves is how we see the world. We are all guilty of this no matter how intelligent we are, and I thought it was important to discuss it.

This is why you get people voting against their interests--they simply don't know themselves.

[Image: 3mm4jg5.png][Image: G2UmDZk.jpg]

They were given immense wealth, great authority, and strong clans at their backs.

The competence barrier

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

The competence barrier

The competence barrier

Quote: (12-14-2018 05:05 PM)Flux Wrote:  

OP gets called out by multiple members for nonsensical ivory tower, chin rubbing, word salad musings.

OP then DOUBLES DOWN on even more ivory tower, chin rubbing, word salad musings.

[Image: jiFfM.jpg]

The competence barrier

Don't pick on OP he is saying the right thing. He just hasn't mastered the art of stating his thoughts in a collected and comprehensible format. He is likely a young, smart guy but with little life experience.

OP I suggest you keep reading this forum more, also read some good old threads, learn gaming and self mastery more and then post once your skills of self expression are increased.

Also try to be more practical in your life, master simple things first, then move on to more abstract things gradually.

Generally use only one thread to introduce only one abstract idea never more at the same time.

The competence barrier

To be serious.
I can agree that one can read or hear to a great extent that a certain practice may not be all that viable.
Yet only when one has personal experience in the matter, can one then gain a greater (personal) insight into the how & why.

I for one, knew many years ago that hedonism wasn't really all that inherently constructive.
Yet only when engaging in a bit of hedonism myself, did I then realize / grasp just how hollow hedonism can be...

However. Not really sure what prompted this thread by OP & while brevity may be a bitch. Brevity can be beneficial all the same.

The competence barrier

"All I know is that I don't know nothing." -- Operation Ivy

The competence barrier

Thanks a lot gentlemen. This thread made me cry (laughing).

The competence barrier

Anyone give me a TLDNR?

The competence barrier

Quote: (12-14-2018 10:44 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Anyone give me a TLDNR?

I've figured out, through a unique experience, that we truly need to be excellent at something to be able to see the finer details of what's better and worse in a particular field--to be able to rank and appreciate correctly. With the deconstructionism and post modernism that's so rampant today it's even more important.

It's crucial that before making a judgment about something, we analyze our personal competence in the subject, and perhaps compare ourselves and our own ability directly to what we're analyzing. By way of comparison we avoid making critical mistakes.

This is vitally important because misjudging the world will cause a lack of understanding and as a consequence cause resentment and hate within us, ultimately limiting our potential.

There are a plethora of historical examples of people misjudging, underestimating situations, talent, and sometimes overestimating because of likewise personal bias, incompetence, or to what I'm referring to here; a lack of introspection, and arrogance/insecurity.

The people who misjudge always end up losing, so deep introspection and an understanding of one's abilities and limitations, and how they compare to others, I think is crucial to succeeding in life. The advice to not compare ourselves to others is misguiding and blinding, weakening us, and not allowing us to better ourselves and find power.

The powerful see the world as it is in their respective field, and don't lie to themselves--this is what allows them to reach power in the first place--but they must first go past the many gatekeepers who lie to keep people in order--subjugation by words and psychological weakening. The combination of introspection and intelligence, perhaps coupled with the creative will to power, is the key to fulfilling power, and becoming a master in a field.

And only the masters, given they are not insecure, can correctly rank others within their field or fields.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

The competence barrier

I do understand what your saying OP but you need to think things through more. We are people living our lives we dont want to spend the whole time mastering something or learning about every thing, its impossible.

The competence barrier

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2...ger_effect

It's funny how no one got that.

The competence barrier

Anyone give me a TLDNR?

[Image: N80Xo95.png]

Basically...

The competence barrier

Anyone give me a TLDNR?

OP takes the skeptic view that it’s almost impossible to judge a contribution, or even say something, about a subject, if you don’t master that subject with 100% proficiency. Having incomplete knowledge of a subject makes you liable to all sorts of errors and biases.

He concludes by saying that you need not only intelligence, but also introspection, to make sure that your incomplete knowledge doesn’t make you dangerously wrong or biased.

May be related to the Dunning-Kruger effect (the more proficient you are in a certain domain, the more you question your proficiency. Inept people are more likely to be sure of their ability)

The competence barrier

So for example, do I need to be a WW2 historian/amateur academic to state that Nazism was an evil ideology?

The competence barrier

Job referral for OP:

https://www.atlanticmedia.com/careers/

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before