rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where to learn Spanish in South America while being able to game

Want to spend 6 months after I graduate university to learn Spanish and live somewhere else for a bit.

- Want to live somewhere not expensive as I'm still young. Considering Bogota, Buenos Aires, Medellin, Mexico City.

- I'm 6'3", black, into bodybuilding so I have a nice body/build. I don't like to trick. Even if I had money like that I wouldn't use it to game. So I'm not going to be that western tourist simping etc. Those are just my principles.

Would appreciate any input from you guys as to where would be good for me considering these circumstances. Where would be good places to game in South America considering I'm black. Anyone have experiences there? Anyone here from there?

Do you want to blend in with the locals or stick out more? There’s a big difference between living in Cartagena, Colombia compared to Mendoza, Argentina for example.

Quote: (12-09-2018 08:37 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Do you want to blend in with the locals or stick out more? There’s a big difference between living in Cartagena, Colombia compared to Mendoza, Argentina for example.

Mostly trying to get that exotic factor but not too much

Colombia could be a good spot to check out because it’s easier for you to blend in, especially in cities with higher black populations like Cartagena or Cali. I can somewhat blend in well enough with the folks in Medellin because I’m short, white and have black hair like the locals. This can definitely be advantageous as you won’t be hassled too much and targeted by thieves although you won’t get as much exotic factor based on your looks.

Of the cities you listed, Medellin is the cheapest as far as I know. Cali is even cheaper and many guys prefer it, myself included but it’s certainly not for everyone but either way I think both are solid options. I like to visit Bogota but it’s too busy and I mind the pollution, it’s also quite a bit more expensive than other Colombian cities.

The places you mentioned are expensive. As of this year I've now been to EVERY country in South and Central America so my suggestion might be a little different from others.

I would describe the place I am going to suggest like this:

Hardly anyone visits, so you will be special.
Very very very cheap.
They seem to adore blacks from the outside world.
The people are mestizo and black and mixes therein, but this is a Spanish speaking place.
An English speaking island is a 15 minute flight away if you get tired.
In 6 months you could meet everyone and "own" the place.
You will be forced to learn Spanish.
You will have a line of women waiting to talk to you.
It's a dump, but so is everywhere "cheap."

[Image: la-ceiba-honduras.jpg]

[Image: Paseo%20playa%20frente%20a%20La%20Aduana.JPG]

[Image: LaCeiba.Honduras.jpg]

[Image: la-ceiba-1.jpg]

If you are deciding between Colombia and Argentina, Colombia has the reputation of being easier for casual sex. But 6 months isn't a long time to learn Spanish so I wonder if you might be better suited going to a place that will be more welcoming of your Spanish speaking limitations. My limited experience is girls from Chile, Peru, and Paraguay are much friendlier. They aren't typically perceived as beautiful as women from Colombia and Argentina but I think they are more welcoming which will help you. Another alternative could be staying at some beach resort type place like Playa del Carmen where you could meet a lot of South Americans working or coming to vacation.

And of course, it should also be mentioned that you should at least consider whether you should learn Portuguese instead and go to Brazil. Brazil is probably the most popular choice in the forum for South America.

I'm white and the closest I've been to the places you consider was Central America.

When I was is El Salvador I chatted with an American woman who looked white to me, but had an African American husband and kids. She spoke Spanish and was well traveled in Latin America. If I remember correctly, she worked as a diplomat or something like that. When I asked her what she liked in El Slavador, she said without hesitation that she goes there on vacation, because Salvadoreans are not racist as opposed many other places her family visited.

I also remember that some hotel near El Tunco offered you free accommodation if you volunteer to teach, in English, at a local school.

Overall, I would return to El Salvador if I had some free time and will to learn Spanish. Locals are nice, beaches are beautiful and clean, and most things are cheap. I was a bit concerned about the gang violence though. I once met a Salvadorean Uber driver in US, and when I told him I went alone to his country, he though I'm crazy.

It would greatly depend on what your personality is like and what you do in your free time. I get the best practice for Spanish on dates. If I had to pick between Colombia and Argentina I would pick Colombia just based off the fact that I will get less dates investing less time which equates to more practice. I can't speak for Mexico city as I've never been there but it has to be better than Argentina.

If sex is your priority, go to Mexico City

If learning Spanish is your priority, go to Colombia

Quote: (12-09-2018 09:50 PM)Off The Reservation Wrote:  

The places you mentioned are expensive. As of this year I've now been to EVERY country in South and Central America so my suggestion might be a little different from others.

I would describe the place I am going to suggest like this:

Hardly anyone visits, so you will be special.
Very very very cheap.
They seem to adore blacks from the outside world.
The people are mestizo and black and mixes therein, but this is a Spanish speaking place.
An English speaking island is a 15 minute flight away if you get tired.
In 6 months you could meet everyone and "own" the place.
You will be forced to learn Spanish.
You will have a line of women waiting to talk to you.
It's a dump, but so is everywhere "cheap."

Whoa...

Haven't heard a damn thing about that city on here for years.

My Honduran buddy who lives in Texas told me it was way more dangerous than it used to be about 6-8 months ago after he visited.

But I've always been curious about the place.

Would love to hear more about La Ceiba.

Quote: (12-09-2018 09:41 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Colombia could be a good spot to check out because it’s easier for you to blend in, especially in cities with higher black populations like Cartagena or Cali. I can somewhat blend in well enough with the folks in Medellin because I’m short, white and have black hair like the locals. This can definitely be advantageous as you won’t be hassled too much and targeted by thieves although you won’t get as much exotic factor based on your looks.

Of the cities you listed, Medellin is the cheapest as far as I know. Cali is even cheaper and many guys prefer it, myself included but it’s certainly not for everyone but either way I think both are solid options. I like to visit Bogota but it’s too busy and I mind the pollution, it’s also quite a bit more expensive than other Colombian cities.

on a related note, what city in colombia (or other city in south america) would you guys recommend for a tall blonde 23 yr old american (i look like a fucking gringo) looking to teach english in colombia for 2-3 months? dont care too much, just want somewhere safe with warm weather, good party scene, and not too expensive. i'd rather not stand out a ton, but pretty hard given how I look

^Colombia isn’t safe.

Colombia is the easy choice:

Spanish differs quite significantly among Latin countries. While a clear Spanish is spoken in Colombia and Peru, people use difficult accents in Mexico, Argentina and Chile. Colombians are more extrovert than Peruvians, so it's easier to have casual conversations during the day.

Definitely not Mexico for language or girls. A lot of fat Pokahontases in Mexico and often single moms. Their accent is also horrible. I took 5 years of Chilean dialect Spanish and had zero problems communicating with a Gautemalan woman abroad and went a lot of places in Spain using Chilean dialect. Even the Argentine accent I don't find that particularly confusing when I met them.

In Mexico I couldn't understand much from the locals and they pretended my Spanish made no sense to them (they're definitely the French or Koreans of Latin America in terms of pretending not to understand foreigner's Spanish).

Honestly you don't need to speak Spanish fluently if you can set up where you are gonna game the girl in a somewhat quite place using google translate. For me, the women liked it even though I could speak a little Spanish when I first got there.

But I highly recommend going to Universidad Nacional in Bogota. They have Spanish for foreigners classes and there is plenty of pussy on the campus. You just need to register to go in the semesters classes for when you get there which I found kinda hard before I actually got to Bogota. Oh they will also give you a student visa for as long as your class is if you take it at uni Nacional or a different uni that has the same amount of hours teaching.

For more rich pussy I recommend trying to goto Universidad los andes but it does cost a little more. But more rich students, better chance of them speaking English I have found. Good luck.

Quote: (12-10-2018 10:54 AM)jakepershing Wrote:  

on a related note, what city in colombia (or other city in south america) would you guys recommend for a tall blonde 23 yr old american (i look like a fucking gringo) looking to teach english in colombia for 2-3 months? dont care too much, just want somewhere safe with warm weather, good party scene, and not too expensive. i'd rather not stand out a ton, but pretty hard given how I look

If you are a tall blond American you can easily get a job teaching English in Bogota. But prepare to be starred at 24/7/365 by everyone for the most part. But you do get used to it. I recommend living in the Northern area of bogota if you do as your super gringo features will make you more of a target in poorer areas. Either way though you will have non stop pussy if you line it up right.

"For each man must learn to live within the citadel of himself."
-Marcus Aurelius

Quote: (12-10-2018 01:03 PM)WomenLuvDeez Wrote:  

Honestly you don't need to speak Spanish fluently if you can set up where you are gonna game the girl in a somewhat quite place using google translate. For me, the women liked it even though I could speak a little Spanish when I first got there.

But I highly recommend going to Universidad Nacional in Bogota. They have Spanish for foreigners classes and there is plenty of pussy on the campus. You just need to register to go in the semesters classes for when you get there which I found kinda hard before I actually got to Bogota. Oh they will also give you a student visa for as long as your class is if you take it at uni Nacional or a different uni that has the same amount of hours teaching.

For more rich pussy I recommend trying to goto Universidad los andes but it does cost a little more. But more rich students, better chance of them speaking English I have found. Good luck.

If you are a tall blond American you can easily get a job teaching English in Bogota. But prepare to be starred at 24/7/365 by everyone for the most part. But you do get used to it. I recommend living in the Northern area of bogota if you do as your super gringo features will make you more of a target in poorer areas. Either way though you will have non stop pussy if you line it up right.

thanks for the reply. Would you recommend craigslist listings as best bet for landing those teaching gigs (planning in advance) or just showing in bogota and seeing it through?

Quote: (12-11-2018 05:11 PM)jakepershing Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2018 01:03 PM)WomenLuvDeez Wrote:  

thanks for the reply. Would you recommend craigslist listings as best bet for landing those teaching gigs (planning in advance) or just showing in bogota and seeing it through?

there are a lot of facebook groups you can join. Give me a PM I'll send you a lot of the English teaching in Bogota groups where people very often post job offers for native English speakers.

-Marcus Aurelius

Teaching English in Bogota can really suck so choose your job carefully, have you done much research into it? I know a couple of RVF dudes who did it and they didn’t last long doing corporate gigs all over the city and riding public transit.

For Colombia: If you're black, you'll have slightly less luck with women in Medellin -- they have whiter skin and several women there told me they prefer whiter skin.

The costenos are darker along the northern coast, so check out Cartagena, Barranquilla, or Santa Marta. Also Cali, though it's less safe.

I wouldn't recommend Argentina because you'll encounter more out-and-out racism there. Obviously there are girls who are exceptions, but you won't feel that static up in Colombia.

Re: Spanish, don't go to Chile. They speak a weirdo dialect that's almost impossible to understand. Peru and Bolivia are not good places to settle for a while, but they're good for tourism. Ecuador doesn't have much to see or do, and Venezuela is a hole right now.

My choice for you might be Bogota, just because it's sophisticated, cosmopolitan, and they speak a clear, comprehensible Spanish. You'll kill with suave suit game.

Just my two cents.

Quote: (12-11-2018 07:39 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Teaching English in Bogota can really suck so choose your job carefully, have you done much research into it? I know a couple of RVF dudes who did it and they didn’t last long doing corporate gigs all over the city and riding public transit.

ive done some research into it, not willing to get tefl certified so just hoping to get some teaching position locked down in advance in medellin, cartagena, or bogota before traveling there. You guys recommending using airbnb or something else for housing (me and a buddy planning on staying for 2-3 months)? or is there a different south american city you'd recommend for 23yr olds looking to get fluent in spanish and have a good time for 2-3 months. seems like people are pretty big on colombia for people with those hopes^

If you want to learn Spanish, don’t teach English.

Quote: (12-10-2018 11:51 AM)BaatumMania Wrote:  

Definitely not Mexico for language or girls. A lot of fat Pokahontases in Mexico and often single moms. Their accent is also horrible. I took 5 years of Chilean dialect Spanish and had zero problems communicating with a Gautemalan woman

Mexican accent is not that pronounced, and they speak slower than average. Chilean is the bizarre one that is incomprehensible and fastly spoken.

Never heard of there being 5 years of (formal, based on you using the word "took") courses of "Chilean Dialect" before, that is not a real thing dude, neither the course, nor the accent being called a "dialect".

Quote: (12-11-2018 11:11 PM)jakepershing Wrote:  

ive done some research into it, not willing to get tefl certified so just hoping to get some teaching position locked down in advance in medellin, cartagena, or bogota before traveling there. You guys recommending using airbnb or something else for housing (me and a buddy planning on staying for 2-3 months)? or is there a different south american city you'd recommend for 23yr olds looking to get fluent in spanish and have a good time for 2-3 months. seems like people are pretty big on colombia for people with those hopes^

There is no better place for fun in South America. Yes, use Airbnb. I did it exclusively for 3 months and had a blast.

Bogota is great for learning Spanish. They speak an educated, clear version that's really close to peninsular Spanish (Spain). Lots to do there, and millions of women -- literally millions. I used to watch them flooding off the buses at 6 pm, huge masses of cute twentysomething brunette Latinas in boots.

You might not like to hear this, but for getting laid in Colombia, 23 is actually too young. Tell the girls you're 29, grow a beard, whatever -- they'll react better. Trust me. They LIKE older men a lot. I was 38 and dating 23, 24 girls when I was there -- it was not only accepted, but totally normal. Younger guys like yourself have it tougher. My 23-year-old buddy ran into some difficulty until he started lying about his age.

Quote: (12-12-2018 02:52 PM)scrambled Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2018 11:51 AM)BaatumMania Wrote:  

Definitely not Mexico for language or girls. A lot of fat Pokahontases in Mexico and often single moms. Their accent is also horrible. I took 5 years of Chilean dialect Spanish and had zero problems communicating with a Gautemalan woman

Mexican accent is not that pronounced, and they speak slower than average. Chilean is the bizarre one that is incomprehensible and fastly spoken.

Never heard of there being 5 years of (formal, based on you using the word "took") courses of "Chilean Dialect" before, that is not a real thing dude, neither the course, nor the accent being called a "dialect".

Batuummania posts a lot of nonsense on here, we called him out on it a couple of months ago and he went away for awhile but unfortunately he’s back stinking up the threads with his bullshit.

Quote: (12-11-2018 07:39 PM)scotian Wrote:  

I agree 100%. If you go down to Colombia they will pay you barely anything but it could potentially help your social circle if you know absolutely no one there. I was offered a job where I would work in villa de Leyva for 6 months for a company paying a 500,000cop sign on bonus and 1,000,000cop/month. Thats early enough to rent a nice place.. So if you do go make sure that you have plenty of back up money. You can find plenty of students that would wanna do 1 on 1 or you can maybe get a cedula for working if you can get your employer to give you a 6 month contract like I had my last one (which was the only reason I took the job really as the pay was only 45,000cop/hr and maybe 2-3 students a week).

-Marcus Aurelius