rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman furious after Southwest employee mocks daughter's name, 'Abcde'

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-news...story.html

Quote:Quote:

A mother is furious after a California Southwest airlines gate agent mocked her daughter’s name “Abcde” and posted about it on social media.

Traci Redford was boarding a flight at with her daughter “Abcde,” who pronounces her name “Ab-city,” at John Wayne Airport in Orange County when an employee mocked her daughter’s name, KABC-TV reported.

Redford and her daughter preboard flights because her daughter suffers from epilepsy.

“The gate agent started mocking my child’s name, laughing, pointing at me and my daughter, and then talking to other employees, so I turned around and just said like ‘Hey, I can hear you, so if I can hear you, my daughter can too, like I’d appreciate if you’d just stop.’” Redford told KABC-TV.

The employee took a picture of Abcde’s boarding pass and posted it on social media.

Redford’s daughter did not understand why the employee was laughing.

“She asked me, ‘Mom, why is she laughing at my name?’” Redford said.

“I said, ‘You know honey, not everybody is nice — and not everyone is gonna be nice. And you know, it’s unfortunate.’”

Retard mom for giving her daughter a retarded name, dickhead gate agent for mocking and spreading it, or both?

Someone's real twitter reaction:

[Image: attachment.jpg40792]   

Where's the father?

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/ABC7Veronica/status/1067923437446778881][/url]

First one to name their kid - LGBTQXYZ; gets a rainbow star...

Quote: (12-04-2018 09:39 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Where's the father?

Wasn't there when "abcity" was born, obviously.

The sooner the kid gets used to people mocking her name the better, otherwise she's in for a long haul through 12 years of school.

As idiotic as the name is, the Southwest employee apparently took a picture of the boarding pass & posted it to social media. That's pretty egregious behavior, and should be grounds for instant termination.

Quote: (12-04-2018 10:04 PM)Scoundrel Wrote:  

As idiotic as the name is, the Southwest employee apparently took a picture of the boarding pass & posted it to social media. That's pretty egregious behavior, and should be grounds for instant termination.

Yeah, any job where you deal with personal information should discipline and possibly fire an employee for doing that. This is one of those cases where both sides are pretty well retarded.

I think it's both the mothers fault for naming her child such a ridiculous name and the employees for not being professional and courteous. I agree that taking a photo and posting it on social media should be a valid reason for termination.

I don't know why the mother named her daughter that but it wouldn't surprise me if she couldn't think of anything and decided to name her daughter that out of impulsiveness.

Her expression of anger is actually the release of the gigawatts of anger she's generated over the course of thousands and thousands of prior people not giving a single fuck about the stupid fucking name she gave her daughter.

Thousands of people prior to this moment gave maybe a slightly raised eyebrow and a fraction of a sigh in condescension, but nothing she could act on.

Finally, FINALLY, someone gave her a concrete trigger to release her outrage and IT'S THE END OF THE FUCKING WORLD!!!

This is what happens when women hit the wall and desperately have to find another way to get attention.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

As someone whose real legal name gets repeated wrongly by 98% of people I give it to for the first time (and it's not really that hard to say correctly if you fucking listen/read it correctly the first time), giving a child a name this stupid, nonsensical, and utterly baffling is borderline abuse.

This girl will never feel that feel of "slightly annoyed because this is the 9999999th person who's said my name the wrong way".
She will never be able to say to herself, "well, it's an ethnic name, can't expect everyone to get it right the first time", because it's a fucking segment of the alphabet.
She will just feel merciless torment whenever her name's mentioned by anyone who's not close to her/doesn't know her. All because her mother, no doubt completely doped up at the time she gave birth, decided to give her some idiot name that no one will ever take seriously. She may be able to change it when she's 18 (if she hasn't killed herself by then), but it'll always haunt her.

Roosh is right, of course, in asking about the father... there was obviously no father present at the birth to slap some sense into his delirious baby-mama about doing something as life-alteringly stupid as she did. And even if the mother has/had allowed a firm, positive male presence into her child's life at any point, no amount of good fathering can fix the stupidity of her mothering.

tl;dr sigh... another story of a child whose life is utterly doomed because of their mother's incompetence at parenting, this time from the very get-go of the kid's life.

I'm sure the child will grow up emotionally healthy. Surely.[Image: confused.gif]

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

Quote: (12-04-2018 10:16 PM)CaptainChardonnay Wrote:  

I think it's both the mothers fault for naming her child such a ridiculous name and the employees for not being professional and courteous.

Nah, we need to start shaming parents for giving their kids these wack-ass names.

I'm looking right at you, black people [Image: lol.gif]

Quote: (12-05-2018 12:57 AM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

I think it's both the mothers fault for naming her child such a ridiculous name and the employees for not being professional and courteous.

Nah, we need to start shaming parents for giving their kids these wack-ass names.

I'm looking right at you, black people [Image: lol.gif]

I disagree sir. Black Americans take tired white names and turn them woke

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/eeeeelyy/status/417095661252018177][/url]

Rabid cultural appropriation going on here nobody notices.

Filipinos name their 5th daughter Abcde all the time. in fact I've actually had sexual relations with a girl named Abcde.

Aloha!

The father, EIEIO, could not be reached for comments.

Gives her kid and insane name so she can get mad when people notice it. It's the ugly girl version of this:

[Image: 2zBhNme.jpg]

The kid will ask people to call her by a different name as soon as she's old enough. David Bowie's son Zowie Bowie calls himself Duncan Jones nowadays.

How about the amazing journalism by Veronica Miracle. Breaking the shit out of this story.

Everybody put your hands together for Veronica Miracle on the main stage.

Aloha!

I wonder if Veronica can put in a good word and get this little girl hired.
"ABCDE reporting for ABCseven news, texas."

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Where's the father?

Ab City? The daughter is named after the father.

Or at least all she remembers of the father from that drunken ONS before he shot his wad and left.

I heard about this a week ago. I like how these local news hacks create stories out of stuff they found on the internet. Really?

This brings up a bigger issue. People think I'm insane whenever I say this, but I don't think parents should have the right to name their kids.

When you name something, they connotes ownership. People should have ownership over themselves and not be beholden to their parents. People should get to choose their OWN identity. This is the U.S.A., after all.

This goes for both first and last names. Not only shouldn't parents choose a first name, but they should not burden their kids with their last name, which might be ethnic and not appropriate for the child.

Way, way too many people get stuck with a name that doesn't fit them. There are studies that show people associate African-American names with being less intelligent. And we don't need studies to show how people think of Irish names (drunks) or Italians (criminal) or mid-Eastern (bombs).

By letting parents choose names for kids, we're also letting them reduce the future of those kids. As Tom Leykis used to say "Your name is your destiny." Unburdening all these people of ethnic names or names with racial connotations would unshackle them from the limited past of their elders. And don't get me started on idiotic names.

I feel the same way about religion and circumcision. Kids are people and should get the right to choose all these things -- when they turn 18.

So what's the solution? All kids should get a serial number they go by until age 18, when they can pick a name. Maybe in the future we can have some form of National I.D. for kids using numbers.

Conclusion: Most parents aren't qualified to work the counter at Jiffy Lube, much less pick a name or raise a kid in a religion. My slogan: "Name pets, not kids."

Why not simply have a ban on names that are unpronouncable, offensive, in bad taste or obviously harmful? For example, feel free to name your kid a weird name like Zuyira or Tascamor or whatever else if you want, but not Zzzz or Titsamor. That would cut down on 99% of this nonsense.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

It's like calling your kid Poontang, or some shit. Ridiculous.

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/

I think it's both the mothers fault for naming her child such a ridiculous name and the employees for not being professional and courteous. I agree that taking a photo and posting it on social media should be a valid reason for termination.

I don't know why the mother named her daughter that but it wouldn't surprise me if she couldn't think of anything and decided to name her daughter that out of impulsiveness.

No. It was pure narcissism and retardation.