rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Radio Stations Pull 'Baby Its Cold Outside' Over "Rape Song" Claims

Radio Bans ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ Over Claims It’s A Rape Song'

[Image: baby-cold-outside-metoo-song-explanation...e__700.jpg]
[Image: baby-cold-outside-metoo-song-explanation...a__700.jpg]

By the current definitions, this IS a rape song.

Why are people acting so surprised about this?

The same "conservatives" that are throwing a fit about a foolish song, are silent, or even affirming when the criminal prosecution of normal male-female chase is carried out in court.

I guess some folks only seem to care when it directly affects them, In the form of a holiday song.

I'm surprised the song wasn't targeted sooner

Quote: (12-04-2018 12:03 PM)Silver_Tube Wrote:  

I'm surprised the song wasn't targeted sooner

Should they ban Elf as well? Not only is it sung, but she's in a shower! Such exploitation. Plus the manic pixie dreamgirl! OMG it's oozing with patriarchal oppression!

Really, what a difference only 15 years of cultural change makes.

BTW, in the interest of fairness (which SJWs don't truly want) can we also ban Santa Baby, the gold-digger anthem?

http://bobcanada92.blogspot.com/2010/12/...-baby.html

The archetype, that sent the PMRC into hysterics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBKa0gHHpRg

I don't like "Baby It's Cold Outside."

I would prefer Christmas music on the Christmas music radio should be about Christmas, not just a generic sex song that happens to mention the weather. Let's face it: the song doesn't have the chops to hold its own even on the oldies station because it's not very good.

The last time prominent feminists attacked Baby its Cold Outside for promoting rape, the next winter Lady Gaga and Tony Bennet sang the song live on TV and in tons and tons of commercials (for, I think, Barnes and Noble).

I think that the elites back then, less than 4 years ago, liked the idea that a musically terrible sex song could pollute the fun Christmas song rotation especially at the kid friendly venues where such songs play.

But now in 2018, they hate healthy sexuality more than they hate Christmas? I don't believe this. I expect that the ban will not have teeth and will be reverse, unless a song more terrible than Baby its Cold Outside can be found.

Took six years but she finally got what she wanted.

I used to be an arts and entertainment writer, so this is right up my alley. Three points:

1). If they can ban "Baby, It's Cold Outside" because the male protagonist, than means a lot of classic rock should also get banned, like "Tonight's The Night," "Let's Spend The Night Together," and even Extreme's "More Than Words." Lots of older rock songs had men pervading women to go to bed with them. Good luck banning all of them.

2). "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is partly satirical. They're not just singing about the scenario, they're also poking fun at it, which is why so many of the lines are over-the-top. This kind of subtlety is lost on today's simplistic listeners and writers, sad to say.

3). In the history of pop music nearly every song that has ever been banned has become a classic retroactively. "God Only Knows" was banned by some stations for blasphemy. "A Day In The Life" for drug references. "Louie Louie" for alleged sex references.

You can find lists (like this one) on the Web about all the banned songs. By the way, The Shirelles' girl group classic "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" (below) was banned because it supposedly made people wonder what they planned the night before.

The best way to enshrine a song into immortality is to ban it. Forbidden fruit is always the best fruit. So, congrats to the simpletons who just made sure "Baby, It's Cold Outside" will now become one of the top-ranking holiday songs of all time. Carole King co-wrote the below song and now features it in her Broadway stage show, "Beautiful."

It's funny because "Rape Anthem" was the name of my high school band.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

I've got mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand this is some blatant SJW bullshit.

On the other hand this is one crappy song and I won't be sad to see it go.

I'm pretty sure "Finger Poppin' Time" by Hank Ballard was banned because that term = fingering pussy. Although I think Jr Walker's "Shake and fingerpop" got through [Image: smile.gif]

Old R&B songs are full of things that got them banned back in the day.

Not only am I not going to ban BICO from my stations, but I'll look into digging up a few more versions of it and running a marathon hour.

Finally read the article, looks like 1 shitty ((((CBS)))) station in Cleveland banned it.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Quote: (12-04-2018 02:07 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

2). "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is partly satirical. They're not just singing about the scenario, they're also poking fun at it, which is why so many of the lines are over-the-top. This kind of subtlety is lost on today's simplistic listeners and writers, sad to say.

Be grateful you don't follow any fandom on the internet today, its the extremes of simplicity and autistic complexity when deal with shows. Segments of the audience do not get the obvious clues about situation and want the writers to spell it out for them, and segment of the audience that take simple scene to distorted thought their own headcannons.

This relates to the song being ban as segment of the population with the loudest voices and minimum connection to reality are dictate on what is good and evil. Inversion agenda, anyone?

It's a great song, especially love the Ray Charles version.

The problem if you oppose these nutcase activists is that you give them airtime, and they thrive on that. Best to just ignore.

Quote: (12-04-2018 03:01 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

On the other hand this is one crappy song and I won't be sad to see it go.

There have been many studies shown that people only really value freedom of speech when it protects the kind of speech they like. They'll gladly support censorship of what they don't like. Supporting the first amendment protects what you support but the cost is you must agree to tolerate what you don't. There's no middle-ground.

When I was a kid, I got in trouble for telling my younger siblings what "Afternoon Delight" was.

If only we had these wonderful watchdogs when I was young, we would have been spared that trauma, and our parents that emotional labor.

If anyone's wondering, the fireworks don't represent fireworks.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (12-04-2018 03:43 PM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

I'm pretty sure "Finger Poppin' Time" by Hank Ballard was banned because that term = fingering pussy. Although I think Jr Walker's "Shake and fingerpop" got through [Image: smile.gif]

Not only am I not going to ban BICO from my stations, but I'll look into digging up a few more versions of it and running a marathon hour.

Finally read the article, looks like 1 shitty ((((CBS)))) station in Cleveland banned it.
Ah the old slippery slope of banning things...never gets old.

How can they ban this song, and not the hundreds of thousands of R&B and rap songs with much worse, more sexual, more degrading profane lyrics? Turn on any Top 40, pop station right now and I guarantee you will hear a song more sexually suggestive and disgusting than "Baby it's cold outside". Like everything from Beyonce, Ariana Grande, Lil Kim, Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, R Kelly, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Drake, Flo Rida, Lil Wayne, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Lady Gaga, Madonna...

92% of Top 10 Billboard songs are about sex
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainmen...ex/337242/

Get your heads out of the gutters, America's musicians. We always knew that with all your nipple-showing and lesbian-kissing and crotch-grabbing that you're obsessed with sex, and today we have the science to back it up: "Approximately 92% of the 174 songs that made it into the [Billboard] Top 10 in 2009 contained reproductive messages," says SUNY Albany psychology professor Dawn R. Hobbs in Evolutionary Psychology. That's right--"reproductive messages," our newest favorite euphemism.

Those 174 top-selling songs were analyzed in order to determine how many sexy messages they contained in any of 18 sexy categories, including "arousal," "sexual prowess," and "genitalia." There was an average of 10.49 sex-related phrases per song, with R&B being head-and-shoulders(-and-maybe-some-other-body-parts) above the two other musical genres analyzed, country and pop. "Sexual appeal" was the most popular theme among both R&B and pop songs, while "commitment" (yawn) was most prevalent in country music.

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202011-09-30%20at%201.51.5..._thumb.png]

He also discovered that sex sells: "further analyses showed that the bestselling songs in all three charts featured significantly more reproductive messages than those that failed to make it into the Top Ten," the report says. That's the trend that not only dated back to 1959 in American music, the study found, but one that goes all the way back to the classy days of opera: "While the frequency of some of the themes differ, these findings clearly show that the same reproductive categories derived from the content analysis of our initial sample of 2009 contemporary songs map surprisingly well onto the lyrics from opera and arts songs dating back hundreds of years."

I guess Nelly just wants that girl to take off all her clothes so she doesn't get heat exhaustion.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

I just realized today marks the 25th anniversary of the death of Frank Zappa. How appropriate.

Zappa was the poster boy when it came to getting banned. Back in the 1980s, he fought the good fight against the PMRC, who were doing then to rock music what the SJWs are doing now to just about everything.

Here is one of his most offensive songs, "Jewish Princess." Not only was it banned in radio, but it earned him the wrath of the ADL (Anti-Defamation League) who demanded an apology. Of course, Zappa refused.

The lyrics to “Baby It’s Cold Outside” seem beta.

I prefer the more direct approach:

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.

Rep point for Starland Vocal Band reference.

Quote: (12-04-2018 04:53 PM)DamienCasanova Wrote:  

Quote: (12-04-2018 03:43 PM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

Ah the old slippery slope of banning things...never gets old.

How can they ban this song, and not the hundreds of thousands of R&B and rap songs with much worse, more sexual, more degrading profane lyrics? Turn on any Top 40, pop station right now and I guarantee you will hear a song more sexually suggestive and disgusting than "Baby it's cold outside". Like everything from Beyonce, Ariana Grande, Lil Kim, Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, R Kelly, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Drake, Flo Rida, Lil Wayne, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Lady Gaga, Madonna...

92% of Top 10 Billboard songs are about sex
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainmen...ex/337242/

Get your heads out of the gutters, America's musicians. We always knew that with all your nipple-showing and lesbian-kissing and crotch-grabbing that you're obsessed with sex, and today we have the science to back it up: "Approximately 92% of the 174 songs that made it into the [Billboard] Top 10 in 2009 contained reproductive messages," says SUNY Albany psychology professor Dawn R. Hobbs in Evolutionary Psychology. That's right--"reproductive messages," our newest favorite euphemism.

Those 174 top-selling songs were analyzed in order to determine how many sexy messages they contained in any of 18 sexy categories, including "arousal," "sexual prowess," and "genitalia." There was an average of 10.49 sex-related phrases per song, with R&B being head-and-shoulders(-and-maybe-some-other-body-parts) above the two other musical genres analyzed, country and pop. "Sexual appeal" was the most popular theme among both R&B and pop songs, while "commitment" (yawn) was most prevalent in country music.

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202011-09-30%20at%201.51.5..._thumb.png]

He also discovered that sex sells: "further analyses showed that the bestselling songs in all three charts featured significantly more reproductive messages than those that failed to make it into the Top Ten," the report says. That's the trend that not only dated back to 1959 in American music, the study found, but one that goes all the way back to the classy days of opera: "While the frequency of some of the themes differ, these findings clearly show that the same reproductive categories derived from the content analysis of our initial sample of 2009 contemporary songs map surprisingly well onto the lyrics from opera and arts songs dating back hundreds of years."

Modern music:

When I made this thread, I was not complaining about this song getting banned. I could honestly care less that a silly Christmas song isn't playing on a radio that I don't listen to.

The relevant point here is a song about normal male-female chase/escalation is considered a RAPE SONG and banned. I see so-called "conservatives" freaking out, how this is wrong, saying "these SJW's!", but they are missing the big picture. Under our current definitions, this song is classified as rape.

The same voter base complaining about this song being banned is ignoring or even affirming this definition of 'rape' when it is upheld in a court of law.

That's the scary part about this all...

Quote: (12-04-2018 10:02 PM)chrisblackbeard Wrote:  

The same voter base complaining about this song being banned is ignoring or even affirming this definition of 'rape' when it is upheld in a court of law.

I think you've got it reversed. It's those who are shrugging off the move to ban this song because they "won't miss it" who are complicit with those banning it to broaden the definition of rape.

As far as modern music oozing with sex, note that most of the sexual assertiveness is coming from black artists who are off-limits from criticism by SJWs. Baby It's Cold Outside is a big-band-era standard and is most often sung by lilly white artists,most recently Rod Stewart & Dolly Parton. That's why it's an easy cultural target, as has been Stan Lee, Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, and Rankin Bass Rudolph, all cultural artefacts of a more whitebread past.

Reading the lyrics again, this song is the very definition of courting, LMR, and girls hamstering on why they have to go instead of doing what they really want to do (have sex with the guy they're attracted to). It's not a rape song, it's just being targeted because it really lays out a playbook for guys on how to game and to persist with women. Back in 1948 and even 2003 (the Elf shower scene), this was just a catchy courting song. But now, (((they))) don't want younger guys knowing how to court and game.

This really is one of the greatest duet songs in music history too with a man and a woman. Also, almost every song in music is about a guy pursuing a girl. Rap in particular is really blunt about this. Hell even before this, almost every Frank Sinatra song is about him getting it in with some girl. Like I said, this one is a target because it gives information certain people don't want out there....

Here are the lyrics. Note the bold.

I really can't stay (Baby it's cold outside)
I gotta go away (Baby it's cold outside)
This evening has been (Been hoping that you'd dropped in)
So very nice (I'll hold your hands they're just like ice)
My mother will start to worry (Beautiful what's your hurry?)
My father will be pacing the floor (Listen to the fireplace roar)
So really I'd better scurry (Beautiful please don't hurry)
LMR by the girl in traditional courting, all the guy seems to be doing is asking her to stay around
Well maybe just a half a drink more Rape target line nowadays but in this song, the girl volunteered to have a drink (I'll put some records on while I pour)
The neighbors might think LMR hamster (Baby it's bad out there)
Say what's in this drink? Target line (No cabs to be had out there)
I wish I knew how (Your eyes are like starlight now)
To break this spell (I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell) (Why thank you)
I ought to say no, no, no sir (Mind if move in closer?)
At least I'm gonna say that I tried (What's the sense of hurtin' my pride?)
I really can't stay (Baby don't hold out)
Baby it's cold outside
Ah, you're very pushy you know?
I like to think of it as opportunistic
Flirting on both sides taken as rape???
I simply must go (Baby it's cold outside)
The answer is no (But baby it's cold outside)
The welcome has been (How lucky that you dropped in)
So nice and warm (Look out the window at that storm)
My sister will be suspicious (Gosh your lips look delicious!)
My brother will be there at the door (Waves upon a tropical shore)
My maiden aunt's mind is vicious (Gosh your lips are delicious!)
More LMR hamstering, guy gaming in return
Well maybe just a cigarette more (Never such a blizzard before) (And I don't even smoke) Girl volunteers to stay again
I've got to get home (Baby you'll freeze out there)
Say lend me a coat? (It's up to your knees out there!)
You've really been grand, (I feel when I touch your hand)
But don't you see? (How can you do this thing to me?)
There's bound to be talk tomorrow (Think of my life long sorrow!)
At least there will be plenty implied (If you caught pneumonia and died!)
I really can't stay (Get over that old out)
Baby it's cold
Baby it's cold outside
Okay fine, just another drink then
That took a lot of convincing!
So it's rape that the girl wants a drink herself? Seems legit. GG

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

Agreed with yankeetravels. Musically, it doesn’t do anything for me but lyrically it’s pretty clever as you feel the sexual tension through the lyrics - the man wants to fuck, he is slyly making all these reasons for her to stay without letting on to what his real plan is. Is that not game?? I say game recognized. She wants to stay but she is doing some standard LMR and playing coy, not wanting to come across as a slut, but you can tell she wants it. As another poster mentioned, the subtlety is key. Of course none of the people calling for the ban give a rat’s ass about modern rap, “ay baby gurl I’m tryna fuck” is the rule rather than the exception