rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

As a white guy, is a place like Manila still much easier than, say, Mexico City?

As a white guy, is a place like Manila still much easier than, say, Mexico City?

Say I'd much prefer to live in Mexico City or Guadalajara. How do the two compare for ease of getting laid or finding a decent LTR as a mid 20s white guy, mostly online game?
Has Manila gone done so much it's comparable, or...?

Mexico is a Spanish speaking country, while Filipinos have usually a good command of English. That alone should make a huge difference.

I went to Mexico and got almost no IOIs from local women (not that I would had wanted it). Local women were often Amerindian, fat and single moms. The few that I did speak to were rude to me (even though I spoke better Spanish than most Gringos they've met and I wasn't an old geezer like a lot of expats in the area).

Guys claim they're meeting hot women at Senor Frog but I only ever saw fat nasty women in there (notice how men on the internet never claim to be screwing uglies and fatties. They are always "I met a hot girl").

So Mexico is really just a place to get food, go with your friends during Spring Break and maybe language lessons ~ not for chicas bonitas

Now I never been to the Philippines but when I see guys in their 50s with young girls - but whether that's because the women are chill or maybe it's a form of prostitution (sponsorship) I don't know until I go there myself. I will probably go try it in January.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA98nVS9poI

I like to watch this guy's channel. He has 2 girls. And almost every other white guy he comes across in the Philippines has a girl it seems (including the really fat and bald ones). I never saw guys in their late 40s and 50s with skinny girls half their age anywhere in Mexico (or in most countries to say the least). Now one thing I have to point out: this vlogger is based out of Cebu and doesn't go to the beach towns that are famous for 6"5 Swedish Surfers (Siargao, Boracay and Princesa).

Manila is literally one of the worst shitholes in the world.
But yes, the girls there are 2/3 times easier. If you don't know Spanish, then the number jumps to 8/9 times easier than Mexico DF.

Are they prettier? Certainly not.

That said, I would never want to have a LTR with one local girl in here (there is always the 0,01% exception ofc) while I would be very open to it with quite a few chicas in Mexico DF.

All the young white guys I saw were hugging on ugly 5s in malls. Don't be that guy.

Also Manila is a garbage dump city filled with sociopathic, delusional idiots who will make your life difficult for no reason. I don't recommend living there.

If you felt comfortable in Mexico, stick with that.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

I don't see the appeal of Manila as a longterm base. Bad internet, massively overpriced condos, unhealthy/crappy food, traffic jams. And girls are mostly subpar.

Btw, how are all these young white guys affording to live there longterm? Is everyone a programmer, youtube blogger or digital bromad these days? WTF is going on lol

Yes

Quote: (12-01-2018 07:24 AM)Killarmy Wrote:  

Manila is literally one of the worst shitholes in the world.
But yes, the girls there are 2/3 times easier. If you don't know Spanish, then the number jumps to 8/9 times easier than Mexico DF.

Are they prettier? Certainly not.

That said, I would never want to have a LTR with one local girl in here (there is always the 0,01% exception ofc) while I would be very open to it with quite a few chicas in Mexico DF.

Why not a LTR with a filipina? That's very interesting to me.
I'm simultaneously looking to have some fun dating around, but also wish to actually find a wife.
Caucasians seem to be rare in Mexico, but their God factor is also a lot lower.

The climate is a big consideration for me. I can't stand being outside during the day in Manila.

TLDR: Philippines is better for easy bangs and LTRs but I prefer Mexico

I've been all over the Philippines and a couple of spots in Mexico, leaving for Cancun soon. I couldn't live in Manila for reasons already mentioned, I'm going to visit Mexico City after Cancun and will see if I like it, I probably won't because of traffic and pollution but I'll give it a shot. In my experience the Philippines is easier for a white guy to get girls, especially if you don't speak Spanish, larger age gaps are acceptable there as well. Both countries have their fair share of unattractive women although I would say that the upper 20% or so in terms of attractiveness are hotter in Mexico, this varies by region in Mexico (ex: Yucatan versus Jalisco) while in the Philippines I didn't notice any variation by region outside of the usual such as the bigger cities (Cebu, Manila) attracting hot girls from the provinces for work/school.

The Philippines is more of an undeveloped shit hole and seems to attractive a lot of bottom feeder type guys, loser types who probably can't get laid back home. I met a few there, it was embarrassing to be seen in public with guys like that. You'll see these types in the resort towns of Mexico but not so much in big cities.

In most of Latin America where I've been (Colombia, DR, Mexico) if you want to meet nice looking, quality girls who aren't just dating you because you're a foreign, walking ATM, you have to bring something to the table. Really, it's not that difficult but if you're not a high SMV guy then you better speak Spanish, dress well, have a few bucks to spend on apartment/hotel, food/drink, entertainment, etc.

Imo I thought Manila was great, there are hot girls every once in awhile and they’re extremely susceptible to white foreigners

Quote: (12-01-2018 12:08 PM)Jaygg Wrote:  

Imo I thought Manila was great, there are hot girls every once in awhile and they’re extremely susceptible to white foreigners

I disagree, unless things have changed drastically since I was there in 2013, I thought that probably 80% of women in the 18-30 age range were simply unfuckable (and I have fairly low standards), about 15% passed the boner test and the other 5% were simply out of my league. I will agree that Filipinas are easy but the "hot" ones not so much. Again, the type of guy who starts these threads "where can I get laid the easiest?" isn't the type of guy to have access the the hottest women in any country, even "easy" ones like the Philippines.

Quote: (12-01-2018 12:33 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Quote: (12-01-2018 12:08 PM)Jaygg Wrote:  

I disagree, unless things have changed drastically since I was there in 2013, I thought that probably 80% of women in the 18-30 age range were simply unfuckable (and I have fairly low standards), about 15% passed the boner test and the other 5% were simply out of my league. I will agree that Filipinas are easy but the "hot" ones not so much. Again, the type of guy who starts these threads "where can I get laid the easiest?" isn't the type of guy to have access the the hottest women in any country, even "easy" ones like the Philippines.

Well that doesn't really apply to me. I get laid with girls back home too, but I don't like their attitude.

One thing I highly value is a place not being very superficial. If women are more into behavior than looks or race, that's a big plus to me. I feel Latin American women are more like that than Filipinas, what do you think?

I don't know why guys go to Manila at all, I've heard so many bad things about it, even from Filipinas, that I just avoid the place. Cebu was absolutely fine, a modern city with all the mod cons, great hotels, big shopping malls and excellent restaurants. I definitely would not call Philippines an 'underdeveloped shithole', though any stay is defined by where you stay, what kind of accomodation, neighbourhood etc., I found Philippines to be scenically beautiful, breathtaking in parts, with fantastic beaches, in say Bantayan island, and even smaller places in Cebu like Ronda look clean and perfectly pleasant.

I would agree that most girls in Philippines are not attractive, only a minority are, which is the same as everywhere else, even Russia. And it is definitely true that Filipinas will NOT throw themselves at you in the street or mall, even if you wear good clothes and are an attractive guy. You still have to put in effort. But yes, age gap is definitely more acceptable. The bottom feeder tourists and expats are a disgrace, but you get that everywhere even in Bali.

Personally I would never go to Mexico because I don't want to be murdered by drug dealers and I've only heard bad things about the place from friends and family who've been there. I actually don't intend to go Latin America full stop, even though the women are very attractive at times. I much prefer Asians.

Quote: (12-01-2018 01:05 PM)Jefferson Wrote:  

I don't know why guys go to Manila at all, I've heard so many bad things about it, even from Filipinas, that I just avoid the place. Cebu was absolutely fine, a modern city with all the mod cons, great hotels, big shopping malls and excellent restaurants. I definitely would not call Philippines an 'underdeveloped shithole', though any stay is defined by where you stay, what kind of accomodation, neighbourhood etc., I found Philippines to be scenically beautiful, breathtaking in parts, with fantastic beaches, in say Bantayan island, and even smaller cities in Cebu like Ronda look clean and perfectly pleasant.

I would agree that most girls in Philippines are not attractive, only a minority are, which is the same as everywhere else, even Russia. And it is definitely true that Filipinas will NOT throw themselves at you in the street or mall, even if you wear good clothes and are an attractive guy. You still have to put in effort. But yes, age gap is definitely more acceptable. The bottom feeder tourists and expats are a disgrace, but you get that everywhere even in Bali.

Personally I would never go to Mexico because I don't want to be murdered by drug dealers and I've only heard bad things about the place from friends and family who've been there. I actually don't intend to go Latin America full stop, even though the women are very attractive at times. I much prefer Asians.

"all the mod cons"
Did that mean the AC is modern there?

I personally prefer Latinas, I gotta say, but not by a large margin.

Quote: (12-01-2018 12:54 PM)RamRamRam Wrote:  

Well that doesn't really apply to me. I get laid with girls back home too, but I don't like their attitude.

One thing I highly value is a place not being very superficial. If women are more into behavior than looks or race, that's a big plus to me. I feel Latin American women are more like that than Filipinas, what do you think?

Filipinas are some of the most superficial hypergamous women in the world. Most guys who praise them are just blinded by the fact that they can get laid there and can't get laid in the west. Filipinas are really no different except a white guy who is a 4/10 in the west is an 8/10 in Manila.

Quote: (12-01-2018 01:26 PM)RamRamRam Wrote:  

Quote: (12-01-2018 01:05 PM)Jefferson Wrote:  

I don't know why guys go to Manila at all, I've heard so many bad things about it, even from Filipinas, that I just avoid the place. Cebu was absolutely fine, a modern city with all the mod cons, great hotels, big shopping malls and excellent restaurants. I definitely would not call Philippines an 'underdeveloped shithole', though any stay is defined by where you stay, what kind of accomodation, neighbourhood etc., I found Philippines to be scenically beautiful, breathtaking in parts, with fantastic beaches, in say Bantayan island, and even smaller cities in Cebu like Ronda look clean and perfectly pleasant.

"all the mod cons"
Did that mean the AC is modern there?

I personally prefer Latinas, I gotta say, but not by a large margin.

Well I had no problems with AC in the type of hotels I stayed in. And again, I would not describe the Bluewater resort in Lapu Lapu or the Henry in Cebu city as shitholes. Of course the AC in apartments in phil is not the ideal US type that you don't even see with the main unit outside the house, but I had no issues with AC in Phil.

Latinas can be good looking, but I find Asian gals more classy and cultured. But Latinas can be great, I met a few in the Caribbean, Cubans, Hondurans and Colombianas.

Quote: (12-01-2018 01:44 PM)Shimmy Wrote:  

Filipinas are some of the most superficial hypergamous women in the world. Most guys who praise them are just blinded by the fact that they can get laid there and can't get laid in the west. Filipinas are really no different except a white guy who is a 4/10 in the west is an 8/10 in Manila.

Well, of course the main reason which increases a man's SMV in Phil is the poverty of the Phil, so sadly many Filipinas will be money focused. It's the same in poor places in Latin America, like Cuba, btw, where it's well known that 65% of women will ask for money after fucking because they would earn half their monthly salary by fucking a guy. It's not that bad in Phil actually, there are traditional girls who are not after money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fACL3tKdS6s

It's an unfortunate cross you have to bear when you're with an Asian woman that people will say 'you can't get laid otherwise'. It' complete nonsense of course, I had Dutch, English, Belgian, Scottish, Polish, Russian, many others, I simply prefer Filipinas for their silky skin, gorgeous hair, graceful movements, and sweetness. But yes, once you're with an Asian woman it's open season for all kinds of put downs, it comes with the territory, and you got to have the skin for that. Asians are insulted not just by western women, but by guys as well.

The can't get laid at home theory is such bullshit. Half the forum just hates SEA. If it's not your preference so be it. I'm not denying the existence of fat, unattractive, or gold digger type chicks in the Philippines. There definitely are. But there are under the radar valuable chicks there.

I get laid with girls back home too, but I don't like their attitude.

I feel the same way about women in general pertaining to patience to deal with superficial or entitled attitudes. Western girls tend to be prone to both. Filipinas are the least likely to have this from what I've seen because of their backgrounds and the decent women there are still sweeter than girls you'll find in most other spots. It just takes more effort to weed out quality in the Philippines because when you first get there, it's very easy to be on more of a bang mission with less quality. I've said before and I'll say it again, it's kind of opposite rules in the Phils. Guys that go to EE go for the challenge of quality. In the Philippines, if you want quality, your challenge is more defining your definition of it and weeding out the lesser options. There are guys on the forum married and settled down with chicks over there. It can be done.

Not everyone that frequents the Philippines is a bottom feeder is what I'm trying to say. The forum should know better than encouraging that stereotype. That's something I expect to hear from feminists or soy boys. And if you think that, why is the same not applied to Latin American countries like the DR, Mexico, etc.?

I haven't been to real parts of the LA countries though, only resorts in the Bahamas and Cancun when I was younger. But I live in a part of the US with transplants from those parts, so I can't hate on the attraction towards Hispanic girls and also can't comment on city living conditions. However, I do understand the gripes with living in Manila. I stayed there a month and liked it for my time period, but the air pollution can definitely bother some. I know I would've had to have had some island escapes if I stayed long term. Air and sky views are much better once you get away from the city.

Also Baatum, if you want real info on the Philippines, there are some really informative vloggers that have been there for years. Albeit, most are on the older side, but there are a couple of under 40s guys with good info.

Quote: (12-01-2018 09:37 AM)Coke Zero Addict Wrote:  

I don't see the appeal of Manila as a longterm base. Bad internet, massively overpriced condos, unhealthy/crappy food, traffic jams. And girls are mostly subpar.

Btw, how are all these young white guys affording to live there longterm? Is everyone a programmer, youtube blogger or digital bromad these days? WTF is going on lol

This is why a lot of expats choose Bali, Thailand and Vietnam over the Philippines. More development and easier to work remotely from. Hell, even Cambodia is starting to close the gap with tourists per year. Went up by 12% last year, think they're only a million behind the Phils now. Younger guys I talk to tend to get into online esl, online or on-the-ground poker, and other remote businesses. A couple actually get into brick and mortar businesses abroad.

I'm getting off topic with the main question and apologize for that. Just felt like the Philippines needed someone defending it in here. I do want to try out Latin America at some point, and certain areas do seem appealing enough to take a shot. But, don't rule out the Philippines if you're just looking in general.

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

Quote: (12-01-2018 01:53 PM)Jefferson Wrote:  

Quote: (12-01-2018 01:44 PM)Shimmy Wrote:  

Well, of course the main reason which increases a man's SMV in Phil is the poverty of the Phil, so sadly many Filipinas will be money focused. It's the same in poor places in Latin America, like Cuba, btw, where it's well known that 65% of women will ask for money after fucking because they would earn half their monthly salary by fucking a guy. It's not that bad in Phil actually, there are traditional girls who are not after money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fACL3tKdS6s

It's an unfortunate cross you have to bear when you're with an Asian woman that people will say 'you can't get laid otherwise'. It' complete nonsense of course, I had Dutch, English, Belgian, Scottish, Polish, Russian, many others, I simply prefer Filipinas for their silky skin, gorgeous hair, graceful movements, and sweetness. But yes, once you're with an Asian woman it's open season for all kinds of put downs, it comes with the territory, and you got to have the skin for that. Asians are insulted not just by western women, but by guys as well.
I have fucked tons of Filipinas, I can't think of a single instance where they asked for money off the top of my head. They want to fuck a high value guy. It's not the same as cuba where they are literally prostitutes. I have visited both places, they are not even remotely similar.

The difference is that Filipinas are far more intelligent. They will go for the long game. You won't even know they're money focused until after 8 months.

This relates to LTRs, of course if you just pump and dump it will never be the case.

But if you have a Filipina longer term she will eventually reveal her money focus.

Quote: (12-01-2018 02:30 PM)yankeetravels Wrote:  

The can't get laid at home theory is such bullshit. Half the forum just hates SEA. If it's not your preference so be it. I'm not denying the existence of fat, unattractive, or gold digger type chicks in the Philippines. There definitely are. But there are under the radar valuable chicks there.

There is always exceptions to every rule. What he means is that the majority of the guys in Latina America are normal guys and the majority of guys in Asia are weirdos. I have traveled both extensively and have met cool guys in Asia and weirdos in Latin America. But if you want to go off the average guy that visits both places I will have to agree with Scotian.

Quote: (12-01-2018 03:10 PM)Jefferson Wrote:  

The difference is that Filipinas are far more intelligent. They will go for the long game. You won't even know they're money focused until after 8 months.

This relates to LTRs, of course if you just pump and dump it will never be the case.

But if you have a Filipina longer term she will eventually reveal her money focus.
All chicks are going to be money focused long term.

Besides, how can you compare dating a Filipina for 8 months to a guy dating a Cuban girl for 8 months? I'm not even sure if it's allowed but have you even heard of anyone staying in Cuba 8 months? Not to mention those girls can't just get up and leave the country. Have you actually ever been there and experienced their culture?

Fuck no. I would get out of Cuba as soon as humanly possible. It does happen though.

I've been several times in Cuba, four to be precise. I live right next door, currently.

There's a lot of Cuban girls here, incidentally. You don't have to be in Cuba to have an LTR with a Cubana.

Oh so we are comparing Cubans who don't live in Cuba to Filipinas in the Philippines. On an unrelated note I just had some Vietnamese food in South America yesterday and it was horrible, I'm pretty sure that means the food in Saigon is just as bad.

No, no, I actually meant the Cubanas in Cuba, fair point.

As long as you didn't have Chinese food in Havanna.