rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Who should play (the new) Jack Reacher?

I used to love the old Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child and couldn't wait for the movies coming out. Unfortunately, (and despite doing his damnedest) little Tom Cruise couldn't quite pull the character off, just didn't have the massive physical presence that was mentioned so much in the books.

Lee Child now admits it;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar...acher.html

Quote:Quote:

He won plaudits for playing Jack Reacher in two blockbuster thrillers.

But Tom Cruise has been axed from the all-action role – because he simply doesn’t measure up.

British author Lee Child, who wrote the books on which the films are based, says that at 5ft 7in Cruise is far too short to play the former US military policeman.

So they are re-casting the character for new movies or maybe Netflix.

I've scratched my head and can't think of anyone who quite meets the required criteria. They need to be super-massive (but not be a bodybuilder! Reacher didn't lift! He was just a naturally big mofo, was mentioned loads of times in the books). He needs to be handsome but 'beat up', can't be a pretty-boy! He needs to be convincing as a Sherlock Holmes autistic super-sleuth (but also be charming and a hit with the ladies !). It's a tall order in more ways than one!

Maybe yesteryear, Robert Shaw or Rutger Hauer? but even these aren't quite up to scratch.

I don't want The Rock, or that Aquaman actor, or Hemsworth (although maybe Hemsworth could pull it off looking a bit older? But doesn't project the necessary cerebral qualities?). In the books, he's white, blonde, blue-eyed, 6ft 5, and 250lbs ....

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen

Shit, they'll just ignore all that and make him a woman, won't they! Just realised.

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin

Off the top of my head, Ray Stevenson ( Titus Pullo from the Rome series, one of the Punisher films) might make a good fit.

Brock Lesnar if he could act. Maybe some of those trueblood actors if they bulked up a bit.

A young Michael Madsen would have been perfect, but he's too old now.

So Hugh Jackman.

Quote: (11-15-2018 10:59 AM)Frank Rook Wrote:  

Off the top of my head, Ray Stevenson ( Titus Pullo from the Rome series, one of the Punisher films) might make a good fit.

That could definitely work. I liked him in Punisher and other stuff, haven't seen him as Titus, but he looks the part alright (big, mean fucker).

Quote: (11-15-2018 10:15 AM)Richard Turpin Wrote:  

I don't want The Rock, or that Aquaman actor, or Hemsworth (although maybe Hemsworth could pull it off looking a bit older? But doesn't project the necessary cerebral qualities?). In the books, he's white, blonde, blue-eyed, 6ft 5, and 250lbs ....

So he's basically the American version of Ivan Drago?
Would pick him if there was a way to fix the accent
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

I always imagined Jack Reacher looking like Ron Perlman.

I didn't think the movie was all that great... But I admit Tom Cruise is a great actor and enjoy a lot of his 80s and 90s films.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

I enjoyed the first film and thought that Cruise was great in everything except his height, which was exacerbated in the bar fight scene so starkly, I thought the camera crew were taking the piss.

I always thought Liam Neeson would be a good pick.

Fucking love the books and have all of them.

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

This is not a joke. More believable than Tom Cruise.

[Image: Maisie+Williams+HBO+third+season+premier...yO8QYl.jpg]

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

That's a cool way to say "we can't afford Tom Cruise."

Maybe too old for it now, but I think Robert Taylor would be ideal. (What little I know of Jack Reacher).
Broad, tall, thinking behind the eyes. Handsome, but not pretty. Deep voice.

[Image: longmire_roberttaylor.jpg]

The toughest guy I ever met was maybe 5"7'. Most Navy SEALS are below average height.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

I second Ray Stevenson.

Redeemed the Punisher franchise with War Zone after that crybaby fuckfest starring Thomas Jane.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (11-15-2018 10:59 AM)Frank Rook Wrote:  

Excuse me, that's Titus Fucking Pullo, the man who brought down the Republic, banger of Cleopatra, shouter of Thirteen. Fuck me, that was a great series, and he was fantastic in it.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (11-16-2018 01:48 AM)RIslander Wrote:  

The toughest guy I ever met was maybe 5"7'. Most Navy SEALS are below average height.

Something that Reacher himself notes a lot in some of his books. Special forces guys being small, wiry but hard as fuck. Not as hard as Reacher himself of course.

Kevin Durand. I think Stevenson is a great actor but his American accent is not convincing at all.

I wondered if I could come up with a suggestion for this, so I googled to look for big actors.

I was looking for someone aged 35-40, who was around 6' 5" and 250lbs, as noted above. I was looking for someone with the right look. Some big actors are freaky looking, like Jaws from the James Bond movie. I wanted someone that looks like an ex-soldier. I also didn't want someone excessively handsome, like Chris Helmsworth.

Turns out that every picture I clicked on was a non-American. I think Hollywood is so anti-male and soy that big American guys no longer go into acting, so they end up having to use a non-American when the part calls for a big guy.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Quote: (11-16-2018 09:02 AM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

I wondered if I could come up with a suggestion for this, so I googled to look for big actors.

I was looking for someone aged 35-40, who was around 6' 5" and 250lbs, as noted above. I was looking for someone with the right look. Some big actors are freaky looking, like Jaws from the James Bond movie. I wanted someone that looks like an ex-soldier. I also didn't want someone excessively handsome, like Chris Helmsworth.

Turns out that every picture I clicked on was a non-American. I think Hollywood is so anti-male and soy that big American guys no longer go into acting, so they end up having to use a non-American when the part calls for a big guy.

It's actually a much trickier problem than you first think. You think it should be easy but it's not.

The front-runners internet-wise seem to be Hemsworth and Jackman. But even these two are just the 'best of a bad job' and aren't the real Reacher. Yes, Hemsworth is too pretty and not mean or intelligent enough looking. Jackman much the same, also he gives off gay vibes. Ray Stevenson is my favourite so far but I haven't seen enough of his acting to be sold on him.

You might be right about the lack of actors in present day America. Also, just to make it even harder, Reacher is from French stock I believe in the books!

From the good old days, I reckon this gentleman would have made a very convincing Jack Reacher indeed!

Big, physically imposing, without gym muscles? (Check)
Looks like a problem solver? (Check)
Blue eyed (Check)
Blonde (can dye it)
Good with the ladies (Check)

[Image: 8x10-Print-John-Wayne-The-Green-Berets-1972.jpg]

Also, this guy would have fitted the bill back in the day;

[Image: Heartbreak+ridge+_7906b4b17254c47b69f5029ee07da458.jpg]

[Image: clint-eastwood-heartbreak-ridge-8x10_1_f...38c3d4.jpg]

Truly don't get this decision. With the Pharma Grade steroids Hollywood studios have access to... even Jonas Hill could be Ripped & Jack!! Also talent trumps Height... and not too many actors can do what Tom Cruise can do. At this point, I think they should go with a unknown actor, and generate a buzz for the movie by blasting this incident incessely!

Quote: (11-16-2018 10:20 AM)Captain Gh Wrote:  

Truly don't get this decision. With the Pharma Grade steroids Hollywood studios have access to... even Jonas Hill could be Ripped & Jack!! Also talent trumps Height... and not too many actors can do what Tom Cruise can do. At this point, I think they should go with a unknown actor, and generate a buzz for the movie by blasting this incident incessely!

This they should do a superman basically. Find some no-name midwestern farm kid. Lots of massive, nordic looking people out those parts.

Cruise actually did a good job despite the lack of phenotype, which tells you what a great actor he really is.

Gerard Butler
Outside picks: Owen Benjamin or Steven Crowder (at the risk of it being a bit too light hearted in the portrayal)

Quote: (11-15-2018 02:09 PM)FireStarter Wrote:  

I always imagined Jack Reacher looking like Ron Perlman.

Too bad he's a leftist SJW soy boy fag.

"Women however should get a spanking at least once a week by their husbands and boyfriends - that should be mandated by law" - Zelcorpion