rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bank Of America Site Down For Third Day In A Row

Bank of America needed another problem, customers were unable to access the bank's website on Monday for the second straight business day.

Visitors to the homepage of the beleaguered Charlotte, N.C.-based bank got a message saying "some of our pages are temporarily unavailable. Thanks for your patience."

The problems on the site began Friday, but over the weekend, the company said the issues had been fixed.

While the issue primarily affects the bank's home page, some customers have been unable to access their accounts online, according to Tara Burke, a spokeswoman for the firm.

Burke said the site was down because of steps the bank had taken to handle customer traffic, but she said, "We don't break out the causes for this." Burke said the problems were not due to an attack by hackers.

The breakdown came after the bank -- the nation's largest -- announced last Thursday that it will start charging customers $5 a month if they want to use their debit card to make purchases, sparking anger from customers.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co...stock.html

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/bank-ameri...rd-day-row

Might be time to switch banks.

I've been growing increasingly annoyed with BOA's actions over the past few years. I think I'm going to switch banks too... I already do my insurance through USAA... might as well put my money there too.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (10-04-2011 01:23 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

I've been growing increasingly annoyed with BOA's actions over the past few years. I think I'm going to switch banks too... I already do my insurance through USAA... might as well put my money there too.

Yeah, I don't use BofA, but I have been meaning to use USAA also for some funds.

I recently got an account with Charles Schwab because they have no fees for international withdrawals. I have an account with Citibank but I dont use it because they charge 3% to withdrawal abroad. BofA was charging me 1%. Can anyone else recommend a US bank account, or bank account that US citizens can open that doesn't charge for international withdrawals?

I use Charles Schwab and Fidelity MySmart account. Both have no fees/exchange rate on ATM withdrawals anywhere in the world. It's nice to have two accounts. I hope it lasts!

Quote: (10-04-2011 01:59 PM)Sardino Wrote:  

I recently got an account with Charles Schwab because they have no fees for international withdrawals...

Quote: (10-04-2011 03:25 PM)swecmzkor Wrote:  

I use Charles Schwab and Fidelity MySmart account. Both have no fees/exchange rate on ATM withdrawals anywhere in the world. It's nice to have two accounts. I hope it lasts!

Thanks guys for the tip on Charles Schwab and their lack of charges for international withdrawals. I got fed up with BofA and this most recent charge was the straw that broke the camel's back. I just opened an Account with Ally Bank because they charge no fees. I think I will open a Schwab account as well and transfer money their for my international trips.

I'm surprised you didn't mention BofA's amazing stock drop from $15 to $5 in less than a year. This bank is toast.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (10-04-2011 07:35 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

I'm surprised you didn't mention BofA's amazing stock drop from $15 to $5 in less than a year. This bank is toast.

I was taking people knowing that for granted.

I actually thought this thread would go a different direction like:

"Wow, BofA's stock is down and site is down...it's a run on the banks!!!"

Instead it turned into a pro-Charles Schwab thread.

what u say to buying B of A now that it is so cheap? Or is this bank definitely going the way of Lehman Bros and AIG?

Quote: (10-04-2011 01:59 PM)Sardino Wrote:  

I recently got an account with Charles Schwab because they have no fees for international withdrawals. I have an account with Citibank but I dont use it because they charge 3% to withdrawal abroad. BofA was charging me 1%. Can anyone else recommend a US bank account, or bank account that US citizens can open that doesn't charge for international withdrawals?

Bank of America fucking blows. I left that shit-hole a few weeks ago. I'm using Capital One now. No international fees, and I get points when I use my debit or credit. The points can be used towards flights, hotels, or anything travel related. It's an alright bank, the only problem is that there aren't many Capital One ATM machines. BOA has ATM's EVERYWHERE.

Quote: (10-04-2011 07:43 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (10-04-2011 07:35 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

I was taking people knowing that for granted.

I actually thought this thread would go a different direction like:

"Wow, BofA's stock is down and site is down...it's a run on the banks!!!"

Instead it turned into a pro-Charles Schwab thread.

Quote: (10-04-2011 08:35 PM)SHANbangs Wrote:  

what u say to buying B of A now that it is so cheap? Or is this bank definitely going the way of Lehman Bros and AIG?

I think BofA will get bailed out again if shit hits the fan. But who knows! If they get bailed out, owning their stock will give you an amazing return on investment. If they aren't, you lose everything. Happy investing...

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

A few months ago, a friend of mine got an email from B of A, saying that his account was overdrawn. He was surprised, considering he thought he had money in his account. He logged in and it was all gone. Later, he logged in again, and his money was back. He called up B of A, asking what the deal was, and forwarded them the email as proof of what had occurred. They were mystified.

Wouldn't surprise me that some haxor group did it.

I keep hearing about Charles Schwab as a good option for mobile people.

I'm sold.

Anyone have experience transferring credit card debt balances to a new credit card (i.e. USAA)? Any major cons I should be worried about? My credit is in great standing right now.

Quote:Quote:

USAA Banking Services

USAA banking services will also save you a bundle, and will offer you more convenience than you'll find in any other banking institution with which we're familiar.

What's so great about USAA military banking? Well, for starters, how about FREE checking? And we mean REALLY FREE CHECKING!

USAA's checking accounts offer:

FREE worldwide ATM use

FREE unlimited funds transfers to any U.S. bank

FREE checks

NO monthly fees, regardless of your balance

Interest on the balance

FREE USAA Web BillPay®

and our personal favorite:

FREE USAA Deposit@Home-SM. This allows you (subject to credit approval) to make deposits from any computer with a scanner attached. You simply scan the check (both sides) and e-mail it to USAA. You never need to put the check in the mail, drive it to the mailbox or post office, and wait 7-10 days for it to be posted. Your deposited funds are posted to your account immediately. What a time-saver! And with the cost of gas these days, this feature saves you even more money.

Online access to your account information 24/7. You can view and manage transactions in your account from anywhere, at any time, as long as you have access to a computer with an internet connection, even if you're on a ship at sea, or in Baghdad or Kabul.

You can even open a checking account on line.

Quote: (10-04-2011 03:25 PM)swecmzkor Wrote:  

The Fidelity MySmart account has international fees.

Please note, there is a foreign transaction fee of one percent that is not waived, which will be included in the amount charged to your account.

Quote: (10-05-2011 09:38 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

I'm sold.

Anyone have experience transferring credit card debt balances to a new credit card (i.e. USAA)? Any major cons I should be worried about? My credit is in great standing right now.

USAA Banking Services

USAA banking services will also save you a bundle, and will offer you more convenience than you'll find in any other banking institution with which we're familiar.

What's so great about USAA military banking? Well, for starters, how about FREE checking? And we mean REALLY FREE CHECKING!

USAA's checking accounts offer:

FREE worldwide ATM use

FREE unlimited funds transfers to any U.S. bank

FREE checks

NO monthly fees, regardless of your balance

Interest on the balance

FREE USAA Web BillPay®

and our personal favorite:

FREE USAA Deposit@Home-SM. This allows you (subject to credit approval) to make deposits from any computer with a scanner attached. You simply scan the check (both sides) and e-mail it to USAA. You never need to put the check in the mail, drive it to the mailbox or post office, and wait 7-10 days for it to be posted. Your deposited funds are posted to your account immediately. What a time-saver! And with the cost of gas these days, this feature saves you even more money.

Online access to your account information 24/7. You can view and manage transactions in your account from anywhere, at any time, as long as you have access to a computer with an internet connection, even if you're on a ship at sea, or in Baghdad or Kabul.

You can even open a checking account on line.

Interesting.

I didn't know USAA has free ATM worldwide also.

Anyone got any Data Sheets on USAA VS Charles Schwab for The International Playboy set?

Obama doesn't like Bank of America either.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44770831

Quote: (10-05-2011 10:10 AM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Obama doesn't like Bank of America either.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44770831

Obama is a shill for the banks, what he tells the public is completely irrelevant.

SHOCKER: Bank Of America's Site Is Still Not Working

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/shocker-b...z1ZvyhZ7jr

The site has either been running slowly or customers haven't been able to access their online accounts during the last six days.

Run on the bank?

If this keeps up, I could see this snowballing.

Bank Of America or BOA is a market leader, what it does dictates what other banks will most likely charge in the near future.

From a technological standpoint, I believe that BOA outsources this function for various interesting reasons.However, it is still king in terms of technology when compared with other retail banks.

IMO, BoA is now shifting it's customer base towards higher profile clients; it will the be a wealthy person's bank and not of the average joe's. All the goodies USAA offers, BOA, also offers to clients with at least 20k combined deposits. So if you have a good chunk of reserves in BOA I wouldn't be too worried about it's fees.

Quote: (10-04-2011 01:21 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

The breakdown came after the bank -- the nation's largest -- announced last Thursday that it will start charging customers $5 a month if they want to use their debit card to make purchases, sparking anger from customers.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co...stock.html

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/bank-ameri...rd-day-row

Might be time to switch banks.

So much for that bail out the banks got from the "taxpayers". Oh , that's right, Christmas is soon upon us.

This is all payback for frank-dodd, and the war continues.

I'm worried that when the stock drops below $5, there will be major sell-offs ($5 is a minimum threshold for a large number of investment firms/mutual funds).

They are going to have to do a reverse split or something, who knows..

Quote: (10-05-2011 01:40 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

SHOCKER: Bank Of America's Site Is Still Not Working

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/shocker-b...z1ZvyhZ7jr

The site has either been running slowly or customers haven't been able to access their online accounts during the last six days.

Run on the bank?

If this keeps up, I could see this snowballing.

Eh? You could still log in, all you have to do is click the "continue to online banking" link that shows up. Looks like it's up right now anyway.