rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lies catching up to you

Lies catching up to you

My city is big, but small enough where girls you’ve slept with can meet each other, see you out with other girls etc. I also know a lot of people and always love meeting new people.

The point is when you’ve played a lot of cards, said what was necessary to get the bang, ifiltrated social groups for the purpose of banging, acted like a different person, and even pretended to be from another country, shit will eventually catch up. I try to be discreet but have had close calls before.

How do you deal with the awkward situation that’s eventually going to come? Is it advisable to continue this lifestyle longer term?

Would love any advice from guys that have lived like this for a long time.

Lies catching up to you

That's the natural consequences of wasting your energy on lying instead of self improvement causing your actual value to be congruent with your percieved and projected value

Its likely if you're asking these questions you don't have a natural talent for it. So you're wasting your time learning it when you could spend it actually being better.

I don't like lying, I never have. To be good at it I have to convince myself its at least a little bit true, rationalizr it, and make excuses to why I'm lying and that fucks up my psyche in profound ways. My mental energy is better spent doing things that are at the very least a net neutral to myself and people around me.

Lies catching up to you

I do it because I like acting/playing with people to get to know them faster, and because it gives me moral anonymity (I can get away with a lot/free to make mistakes without damaging ego). I’m not looking for anything serious or long term with women: being this mystery man excites them and gets me top notch quality.

You can lie in a way that isn’t malicious; it’s simply a version of the truth tailored, so the person you’re speaking with understands who you are.

Lies catching up to you

Quote: (09-10-2018 07:55 PM)Eugenics Wrote:  

That's the natural consequences of wasting your energy on lying instead of self improvement causing your actual value to be congruent with your percieved and projected value

Its likely if you're asking these questions you don't have a natural talent for it. So you're wasting your time learning it when you could spend it actually being better.

I don't like lying, I never have. To be good at it I have to convince myself its at least a little bit true, rationalizr it, and make excuses to why I'm lying and that fucks up my psyche in profound ways. My mental energy is better spent doing things that are at the very least a net neutral to myself and people around me.

I understand exactly where the OP is coming from. Im 6'3 220lbs and whenever Im out of town I lie about being a pro athlete. So what, who cares? Locally, I lie for sport. I have a good career, make what most would consider pretty good money and attended an Ivy league school, yet I lie anyway and don't feel bad about it.

OP if i were you I wouldn't give a fuck about your little tall tales getting upstream. The only time lying matters is if you are lying to your friends or you lie can affect your employment status. Lie all you want to these bitches who cares.

Lies catching up to you

Quote: (09-10-2018 08:28 PM)quaker13 Wrote:  

Quote: (09-10-2018 07:55 PM)Eugenics Wrote:  

I understand exactly where the OP is coming from. Im 6'3 220lbs and whenever Im out of town I lie about being a pro athlete. So what, who cares? Locally, I lie for sport. I have a good career, make what most would consider pretty good money and attended an Ivy league school, yet I lie anyway and don't feel bad about it.

OP if i were you I wouldn't give a fuck about your little tall tales getting upstream. The only time lying matters is if you are lying to your friends or you lie can affect your employment status. Lie all you want to these bitches who cares.

Exactly man. It ain't a crime to lie to these hoes. And really it is on them to really probe & do the research if they really want to investigate your story.

Gotta remember that hoes are lying & creating tall tales ALL THE FREAKIN TIME to trap the men that they want heheheh.

Men have the freedom to generate their own narrative. Can't compare this to lying on a job application.

Lies catching up to you

There are degrees of lies. A white lie is typically harmless, people do it all the time, even subconsciously. But a bigger lie where you put your integrity and trustworthiness on the line is a different story. You will actually harm yourself with it more than the person you are lying to. I'll try to explain this.

I have lied before to a girl I loved, about having been faithful, while in fact I had been sleeping around. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this forum.

When analyzing my own feelings and behaviour towards a lie like this, I realize I don't care much about the actual lies or the fact that it would greatly hurt a loved one if the truth came out. In fact, I usually don't even care much about the consequences to my own personal life if the truth would come out. Call me a psychopath, but that is the conclusion I reach every time I think about this.

What does bother me when I lied, though, is the realization that I, Winston Wolfe, have been a liar, a deceiver and an untrustworthy person. It's something I can't easily let go. Lying just goes against my values, and yet I still do it sometimes.

In the end, if you keep your lies to yourself, you are the only person that can possibly be hurt by them, since no one else is aware of them in the first place.

If, on the other hand, you decide to confess your lies, what you are doing is seeking forgiveness for your own actions. Therefore, confessing your lies is essentially just as selfish as keeping them to yourself.

So to answer the question, yes, lies will always catch up to you. It's up to you in what way or form that will happen.

Lies catching up to you

I want to suggest you to "lie" less.
I don't see why you should lie to get the bang. I get manipulation, or not telling the whole truth, as a way to get the bang. I do it myself.
However, if one is worried about being "caught", one should have "plausible deniability" (=the story must be partially true).

If you are caught, use the following tactic - "Deny Deny Deny".

Or just look the one who "caught" you straight in the eye and tell her that you don't owe her anything.

What I do if I breakup with someone - I tell her that it is probably better that we keep it discreet. Most, if not all girls, want that.
If I date her and get caught, I tell her that I never promised exclusivity (which is true. She usually assumed it). Now just stand up to her tears, and watch as she rationalizes it till she's yours again.

As per the continuation of lifestyle - It is possible, but has consequences. This means that you'll have around you people who are attracted to your behavior. Up to you.

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Lies catching up to you

Quote: (09-10-2018 10:12 PM)Winston Wolfe Wrote:  

There are degrees of lies. A white lie is typically harmless, people do it all the time, even subconsciously. But a bigger lie where you put your integrity and trustworthiness on the line is a different story. You will actually harm yourself with it more than the person you are lying to. I'll try to explain this.

I have lied before to a girl I loved, about having been faithful, while in fact I had been sleeping around. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this forum.

When analyzing my own feelings and behaviour towards a lie like this, I realize I don't care much about the actual lies or the fact that it would greatly hurt a loved one if the truth came out. In fact, I usually don't even care much about the consequences to my own personal life if the truth would come out. Call me a psychopath, but that is the conclusion I reach every time I think about this.

What does bother me when I lied, though, is the realization that I, Winston Wolfe, have been a liar, a deceiver and an untrustworthy person. It's something I can't easily let go. Lying just goes against my values, and yet I still do it sometimes.

In the end, if you keep your lies to yourself, you are the only person that can possibly be hurt by them, since no one else is aware of them in the first place.

If, on the other hand, you decide to confess your lies, what you are doing is seeking forgiveness for your own actions. Therefore, confessing your lies is essentially just as selfish as keeping them to yourself.

So to answer the question, yes, lies will always catch up to you. It's up to you in what way or form that will happen.

Well said - the real danger lies (no pun intended) wherein you deceive so frequently that you start to be dishonest with yourself. Despite being conscious of your lies in the immediate term, you fail to realize that the bigger picture, that you've deceived more often than you've been honest. This lack of realization, partially reached by a natural unwillingness to confront our ugliest traits, leads to decision-making as if you're the truthful and whole person you've been pretending to be and half-convinced yourself you are.

So, when you finally get caught, and your true self is revealed, the gravity of this reality hits you like a freight train, and you - your only tactic for dealing with getting yourself out of tight situations having been rendered useless by severed trust - are woefully unprepared to deal with it.

Who I am is just the habit of what I always was, and who I'll be is the result

Lies catching up to you

A few years ago I basically stopped lying during game. I realized it's just a crutch people use to get over insecurities.

You'd be surprised how little girls really care about who you've slept with, even within their own friend groups... it's just a drain of energy trying to orchestrate everything and keep up your lies once you get started on that track. Trying reading some of Mark Manson's stuff.. he got me headed in the right direction years ago and I've never looked back.

Lies catching up to you

I ran this kind of game between the ages of 18 and 24, alongside some social status game. It got great results, but the bigger problem with it was never my lies catching up to me, but what it does internally to a person when you are constantly lying to get laid. Once you stop doing it, you'll learn how unnecessary it was and feel better about yourself. I would recommend playing of other lies as a joke if possible, and learning to be authentic with embellishments or actual impressive truths rather than lies. The investment now will pay off throughout your entire life.

Most women will be more interested, not less, when they see you with other women. Do not lie about the whole single thing and readily confirm that you are in the dating scene. The only exception is if you get a girlfriend, in which case, she needs to have zero contact with the girls you game.

Lies catching up to you

Even if you get caught the odds of the person taking the time and effort to really spread the word is slim, they'll give you their peace of mind and likely forget about it the day after.

On the off chance they don't, just know how to say fuck it who cares. Seriously it seems like the people you lie to you don't give a shit about for any reason other than to get a bang. If that's the case, what do you care if they think you're a liar after?

Lies catching up to you

Thing is I don't shit where I eat, I date girls in other counties, there's literally only 1 girl that's a plate of mine that I fuck locally.

The others come to me or I go to them.

There's a difference between outright lying, white lies, and enhancing a story.

The longer I go into the adventure of game, the less I embellish, I just stick to my script, and for the most part let the girls do the talking.

It's NOT advisable to bullshit outright lies, they'll come back to haunt you eventually, especially if you drop that into a social circle scenario.

Lies catching up to you

I don't believe bold lies are the way to go, just to get laid, or impress somebody. To me, it is a sign of lack of self acceptance and genuine confidence. Also, the risk is rather high that it will eventually bite you in the ass and make you look like dumb. I don't think humility is that bad as a characteristic. Personally, I'd rather be upstanding and maintain my personal integrity. However, I think some modified personal portrayals can be ok, or preferably not responding to a certain question, evading it or maybe saying something to the effect that it is a private issue. Just my two cents. I'm a newbie on this forum, just back readjusting to game after a long hiatus.

Lies catching up to you

Quote: (09-10-2018 07:50 PM)Flux Wrote:  

How do you deal with the awkward situation that’s eventually going to come? Is it advisable to continue this lifestyle longer term?

Would love any advice from guys that have lived like this for a long time.

I am almost always honest, tell real things but my age. I still look like around 35 yo, so I usually say something between 35 and 39 yo.