rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Train Muay Thai and MMA in Chiang Mai, Thailand

If Roosh wants to knock this thread down I can understand.

Some good friends of mine in Thailand are opening a gym for the "Team Quest" MMA group, which was founded by Randy Couture.

http://teamquestthailand.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Quest

They expect to be totally up and running within 6-8 weeks, which will be Nov/Dec 2011.

I'll be heading there a bit earlier to check out Chiang Mai and begin training a little earlier.

The prices and set up of everything is stellar in comparison to other gyms in Thailand. I've seen a range of gyms in Thailand and can tell you that this place will be superbly managed and will whip you into shape while making you a more effective overall fighter.

I keep hearing only good things about Chiang Mai - especially the prices and the chicks.

"I keep hearing only good things about Chiang Mai - especially the prices and the chicks."

Could you elaborate on what you've heard about the women?

I should be over there at some point after the gym opens so I might check it out. Not decided if Muay Thai is going to be my thing but I need to figure out something to do to stay in shape while there. Is this the kind of place that would be cool with a total newb that's looking for fitness more than competing?

Yeah, definitely a place that would be cool for a total newbie interested in fitness. I definitely do not plan on fighting and you would have a group of cool guys to hang out with and introduce you to the city.

Chicks = taller, whiter, less skanky but still DTF, more girlfriend material, higher quantity of chicks around, higher quality of tourist chicks as well

Cool.

I'd be interested in hearing your initial thoughts on Chiang Mai once you hit the dirt. I'll be in Thailand starting in Nov for an indefinite stay (I work remotely). Planning on staying in BKK for a while then checking out Chiang Mai.

Yeah, check out CM for sure.

It's much easier on your wallet than any of the other big cities.

This looks really good YMG. Even though I don't care for fighting, I may still give it a try. When are you going to be in CM?