rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Never Hodl. Its a meme

I've been into the cryptospace since around 2012, and It keeps me amazing how people lose money by holding.
It makes no sense, the goal is to buy low, sell high, everything goes down at one point.

Stop thinking about technology , none of current shitcoins will be adopted, your goal is to make money, and dump into the noobs (good time to be buying alts btw, now that no one talks about them)

Examples of why you shouldnt hold....
Why would you hodl vechain if its going to dump like crazy?
[Image: iYGT4dq.png]

EVerything ends up crashing, I dont care if they are shitcoins or "good fundamental coins" , never hodl
[Image: 5b6ca1cabdba6.png]

Never Hodl. Its a meme

True. The big question is just to realise when it's actually going down and when it's only a small correction.
This is always easy to say in hindsight or in advance, but to pull it off in the moment is actually quite difficult.

In my opinion, crypto traders are far to loyal to their coins as if we almost talk about religion. I'm myself am victim to this.
Just focus on the cash part and don't get emotionally attached to your investment.

Never Hodl. Its a meme

What you meant to say with that awful elongated diatribe is to always set stoplosses

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Depends on your investment strategy, sophistication as an investor and how much time/energy you’re willing to put into it.

If you are a long term investor (say 3 years or more) and just want to “set and forget” then all the pumps, dumps/corrections along the way are not as concerning - as long as you’re in front at the end.

Having the opposite of a “hold” mindset can be equally problematic - selling at a significant loss, when being patient and holding until the value improves is the more sensible strategy, but again, clear to see in hindsight and not always in the heat of the moment.

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Is "hodl" a new bitcoin I haven't heard of yet?

I'm the King of Beijing!

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Quote: (08-09-2018 10:32 PM)Windom Earle Wrote:  

Depends on your investment strategy, sophistication as an investor and how much time/energy you’re willing to put into it.

If you are a long term investor (say 3 years or more) and just want to “set and forget” then all the pumps, dumps/corrections along the way are not as concerning - as long as you’re in front at the end.

Do you think he was referring to shitcoins that won't even last 3 years?

There are peeps who treat shitcoins as Bitcoin when it was cheap... but the reality is they'll loose everything by holding...

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Yeah, you've got no business buying shitcoins if youre not planning to be uptodate with them and dump them as soon as the relevant moon mission is over. Theyre not meant for long term.

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Shit coins might dump now but they’ll go up when We have a bull mrket again. Not to mention, every trade is a taxable event.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Holding isn't a good idea, I've grown to learn. I have an average position in Vechain for example at about 44k sats. This is fine for me as I was happy to hold it for a couple of years. I wish I hadn't made that decision.

I'm a trader and should've been flipping when the signs were there but I wanted this as my sort of easy investment where I didn't need to manage it. Vechain looks good for the future, so I'm happy to hold onto it until the next bull cycle, in which event I'll most likely sell out of it at a new ATH, should we get there.

My mistake when getting into crypto during the previous bull cycle was having no profit taking strategy. I've learned a hell of a lot over the past 8 months or so though and am pretty confident I'll milk the next cycle.

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Quote: (08-10-2018 05:11 PM)Matt3B Wrote:  

Holding isn't a good idea, I've grown to learn. I have an average position in Vechain for example at about 44k sats. This is fine for me as I was happy to hold it for a couple of years. I wish I hadn't made that decision.

I'm a trader and should've been flipping when the signs were there but I wanted this as my sort of easy investment where I didn't need to manage it. Vechain looks good for the future, so I'm happy to hold onto it until the next bull cycle, in which event I'll most likely sell out of it at a new ATH, should we get there.

My mistake when getting into crypto during the previous bull cycle was having no profit taking strategy. I've learned a hell of a lot over the past 8 months or so though and am pretty confident I'll milk the next cycle.

I did the same with IOTA. Although, I obviously believe the project will fly in the future, there is no guarantee it will. This is a mistake. Once you see a clear trend you have to sell.

Actually, I believe now, that the current bear market will prolong and eventually wipe out a good amount of shitcoins. Not necessarily Vechain or IOTA, but very likely projects outside top 100.

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Quote: (08-10-2018 05:11 PM)Matt3B Wrote:  

And what is your plan if it doesn't ever reach a new ATH?

Never Hodl. Its a meme

@ThisIs: I hodl Vechain since I am producing Thor. You are here since 2012 so you should know that holding has been so far the best strategy in the crypto market.

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Quote: (08-11-2018 04:24 AM)Giacomo Casanova Wrote:  

@ThisIs: I hodl Vechain since I am producing Thor. You are here since 2012 so you should know that holding has been so far the best strategy in the crypto market.

No. Buy low, sell high. Never hodl, thats the main lesson. My strategy is somehow different, i love buying shitcopia coins, like tons of them, the biggest whale shitcoins i can find, fujicoin/raincoin/audiocoin.... and sell them in the pump (ma30 crosses), meanwhile I simply trade the big caps since they have more volume to do it. But once a tendency confirms that its going down, no point on hodling, even if its a proof of stake/masternode coin.

But the point is that you have to take profits at a point.

F.E : Buying cheap dogecoin is x5 your investment every single cycle, its easy, you just have to be patient and check volumens to know when to buy.

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Quote: (08-10-2018 04:21 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Shit coins might dump now but they’ll go up when We have a bull mrket again. Not to mention, every trade is a taxable event.

No they won't.

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Why not a hybrid approach?

Buy low sell high but keep 10-20% of your stack in case it blows up like BTC/NEO/ETH/XRP etc

Never Hodl. Its a meme

We tend to hodl because of this false perception that its going to go higher so don't wish to miss out further down the line. But this market is just like others, it goes in cycles. Take your profits wherever you see fit (20%, 30% 50% etc) and wait for the next dip. Easily said of course, but hodling can get you in the shits as many are seeing now.

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Another reason we (US citizens) hodl has to do with how short vs long term capital gains are taxed. After 1 year of holding an asset, it is taxed at a much lower rate if you sell at a profit. Less than one year, capital gains are taxed at ordinary income tax rates.

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Quote: (08-12-2018 06:24 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Another reason we (US citizens) hodl has to do with how short vs long term capital gains are taxed. After 1 year of holding an asset, it is taxed at a much lower rate if you sell at a profit. Less than one year, capital gains are taxed at ordinary income tax rates.

True. In Germany, for example, we pay with our personal tax rate (up to 47%). After 1 year of holding, capital gain taxes are exempted.

Never Hodl. Its a meme

just move to a jurisdiction with no capital gains.
or trade/use bank account located there

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Quote: (08-12-2018 08:48 PM)randomA Wrote:  

Easier said than done.

Never Hodl. Its a meme

US of A taxes you on worldwide income.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Never Hodl. Its a meme

Quote: (08-16-2018 05:34 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

US of A taxes you on worldwide income.

that's true, i did not consider that.
does the USA have any non-double taxation agreement with any country at all?

Never Hodl. Its a meme

personally I just buy in dips and resell bounces, I only trade in USDT pairs so I wont lose against fiat, I use tight stop loses and most important always know what is current trend up or down trend ..