rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

An FAQ on Modern Game

An FAQ on Modern Game

Do I have to be good looking?

Yes.

You have to make yourself better looking to get women, especially in the era of Tinder. Go to the gym, go tanning, whiten your teeth, lose / gain weight, wear "better" (as in, they fit and look cool, not more expensive) clothes.

I gained a few pounds last year and thought my game atrophied. I lost the weight and suddenly everything is back to normal. Same game, same Hank. Just less weight, a fresh tan, and clothes that fit. Suddenly, more girls.

These days looks matter more than ever. Unfortunately, this is the most important part if women are your goal. Good haircut, nice clothes, tan, white teeth, body spray / cologne, physique, yadda yadda.

Your looks matter. A lot. Sorry, they just do.

What are "looks?"

In this order -

- Physique
- Facial features
- Height
- Haircut
- Clothing
- "Bling" -- tattoos, tan, jewelry, style (i.e., are you a biker, a yuppie, cowboy, etc.), watch, shoes, big dogs, yadda yadda.
- Stuff that can mess you up -- your breath, your smell, stains on your clothing, poorly fitted clothing, crap in your car, etc. Women notice this stuff.

If you're short, ugly, or overweight, you have to do more in the other areas. When you're good looking, you can get away with a lot more. (i.e., if you're really good looking, women will overlook the fact your car isn't detailed.)

To put this in context, imagine a girl who is kind of pudgy, but is tan, smells nice, has dyed blond hair, is fun, and can dance well. You might bang her and overlook her thunder thighs.

Conversely, imagine a girl who is attractive, but has purple hair, her armpits aren't shaved, she hasn't showered, and all she talks about is how much she hates Trump. You'll probably avoid.

Today, women care way more about looks. The good news is that it's easy to do minor things to set you apart from everyone else, like go tanning, hit the gym, and get nice clothes from Marshalls.

(For those who are not stylistically inclined, you can never go wrong with docksiders, a Ralph Lauren polo shirt, and a decent looking watch. White watches always do the trick).

Sidenote: If you're short, wear shoes with inserts or boots. Even an inch or two does wonders.

Sidenote 2: Women love tall guys, tattoos, and big dogs. That's the trend today. If you can pull that off, God bless ya.

Do I need money to get women?

No, you do not need money to get women.

Money doesn't matter. Women would rather date a total loser who can't pay his rent than a socially awkward real estate investor who goes on Caribbean trips each month. Better yet, they'll bang the loser and go on trips with the investor and lead him on for sex. ("Baby, we just don't know each other well enough yet, but maybe we could learn more about each other in Barbados..."). Rich guys get played all the time. Spend your cash on you, not women. It makes no difference, except when you can't pay rent.

Your lawyers, doctors, engineers, architects, realtors, investors, bankers, and other "high profession" buddies are not getting laid as much as the DJs, MMA fighters, promoters, bartenders, tattoo artists, and professional sports players.

If you have a high value profession, that's awesome. Save your money, and don't expect it to get you laid. Your chances of getting laid are just as good with a PBR and shot of cheap whiskey than a nice steak dinner.

What should I do with all my time?

Whatever you want to.

In my opinion, have hobbies outside of game.

Personally, I like jiu jitsu, kickboxing, hiking, fishing, camping, off roading, Playstation 2, kayaking, restoring old cars, cycling, real estate, cooking, etc. Whatever makes you happy. Don't do this stuff for women, just do it because you like it.

I wake up in the mornings thinking about kickboxing or what I'm going to catch, not game.

If your life revolves around game, you're going to be miserable. Women are boring.

Also, have a circle of likeminded male friends. Talk to them about business, philosophy, women, etc. Don't try and talk to women about this stuff. If you don't have any, start meetups on the forum. You need male friends.

Cool hobbies will generally not get you women, but will make life more fulfilling.

Where should I meet women?

Be at places women like to go to. They like clubs, beaches, pools, restaurants, dog parks, yoga, etc. Some like Crossfit. However, they don't like guys who do the things they like to do. (i.e., they won't date guys from their Yoga studio).

Getting women requires being around women. That's why bartenders and DJs get so many hot chicks -- they're around them all the time.

Conversely, as a lawyer, I'm around dudes 90% of the time.

Work out of places like coffee shops, public places, shared office space, etc. if you can. Tons of women.

Sidenote: be wary of women who have male hobbies. It usually means they want to bang the top dogs of that hobby. I.e., women who hang around the MMA community want to bang top fighters.

When is the best time to meet women?

Just like business, there are slow periods in game. Summer is slow at home; hot down the shore. Around the holidays its slow, too. Women like to have boyfriends over the holidays, Valentines Day, and it's hit or miss during the summer. Take that time to work out, do your hobbies, make money, read up, etc. Good times for game? Jan, March, April, May, September, October, November, and early December. I have the most luck in the fall -- that's when they're looking for new relationships.

Thoughts? Love to hear them.

An FAQ on Modern Game

Awesome thread, I am a huge fan of your posts and some of the content on this thread has been on my mind recently as a guy in his 20s. Spot on about looks, I think a large part of this is because women do not need a provider anymore due to them now snatching up spots at top schools and at top companies, which means more money. Coincidentally, this means women prefer excitement over cash.

As for the part about women being boring and not making your life fulfilling, I'll say this is more true ONCE you've gotten laid a lot. For guys who have not had the high notch counts and crazy sexual experiences, this is going in through one ear and out the other. I've been in that situation before to where I had "fulfilling" friends that lived a clean life but I was not getting pussy so as a result, even after all that, I was miserable.

I genuinely think that almost every guy out there needs to have his "run". By this I mean he needs a period of time in his life whether it is a few months or even a few years to where he is "getting it out of his system" when it comes to women so he can move to more fulfilling things. I think some hierarchy of needs in psychology studies really touches on this.

About the career and hobby part, that is what has been tripping me up a lot recently.

I work in a white collar type of profession where I am more or less guaranteed to make six figures in my thirties if not late twenties. The place I am at is full of good looking guys (no homo) but I do not know of any guy who seems to be living the player lifestyle compared to my friends who are bartenders, you see them with hot girls all over their social media pages as well as some cute girls wanting to get with them.

A while back I posted a thread asking if it is worth it in your younger years to throw away a potentially high paying job that is more white collar in exchange for being a DJ or bartender, got a lot of flak for it and it makes sense too because guys who have had a ton of experience in the game would laugh at that idea.

So here are a few questions I have for you OP.

1. What can guys who are in the high paying white collar professions do outside of the traditional approach women game to have a life that yields more success in the game?

I only work 40 or so hrs a week and have tried to get a bartending job on the side (still in progress there), part of the reason being the people I will be around. A friend of mines has played around with the idea of trying to do model photography where he takes pics of people, including women.

2. What are your thoughts on a guy's age in the game? Do you think that it still gets easier for guys in their 30s compared to their 20s?

I ask this because it seems like the guys I know who are living the player life as usually in their 20s when they can fuck around and get laid while older guys live more of a clean lifestyle which is less productive to getting a lot of notches.

An FAQ on Modern Game

Quote: (07-29-2018 02:35 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

Awesome thread, I am a huge fan of your posts and some of the content on this thread has been on my mind recently as a guy in his 20s. Spot on about looks, I think a large part of this is because women do not need a provider anymore due to them now snatching up spots at top schools and at top companies, which means more money. Coincidentally, this means women prefer excitement over cash.

As for the part about women being boring and not making your life fulfilling, I'll say this is more true ONCE you've gotten laid a lot. For guys who have not had the high notch counts and crazy sexual experiences, this is going in through one ear and out the other. I've been in that situation before to where I had "fulfilling" friends that lived a clean life but I was not getting pussy so as a result, even after all that, I was miserable.

I genuinely think that almost every guy out there needs to have his "run". By this I mean he needs a period of time in his life whether it is a few months or even a few years to where he is "getting it out of his system" when it comes to women so he can move to more fulfilling things. I think some hierarchy of needs in psychology studies really touches on this.

About the career and hobby part, that is what has been tripping me up a lot recently.

I work in a white collar type of profession where I am more or less guaranteed to make six figures in my thirties if not late twenties. The place I am at is full of good looking guys (no homo) but I do not know of any guy who seems to be living the player lifestyle compared to my friends who are bartenders, you see them with hot girls all over their social media pages as well as some cute girls wanting to get with them.

A while back I posted a thread asking if it is worth it in your younger years to throw away a potentially high paying job that is more white collar in exchange for being a DJ or bartender, got a lot of flak for it and it makes sense too because guys who have had a ton of experience in the game would laugh at that idea.

1. What can guys who are in the high paying white collar professions do outside of the traditional approach women game to have a life that yields more success in the game?

I only work 40 or so hrs a week and have tried to get a bartending job on the side (still in progress there), part of the reason being the people I will be around. A friend of mines has played around with the idea of trying to do model photography where he takes pics of people, including women.

2. What are your thoughts on a guy's age in the game? Do you think that it still gets easier for guys in their 30s compared to their 20s?

I ask this because it seems like the guys I know who are living the player life as usually in their 20s when they can fuck around and get laid while older guys live more of a clean lifestyle which is less productive to getting a lot of notches.

I know I'm not the OP but I was in a similar situation as you. With regard to #1, HUSTLE A BARTENDING GIG. For one, if you're sober and the guy in charge of the bar, it'll come across better than any guy approaching her that's half in the bag. 2, it's a natural filter for women whom are sexually available. Girls in a position to bang or looking to bang are always more chatty with the bartender. As for clean living, I wasn't drinking when I was bartending, so you get the nightlife benefits of meeting women without the drawbacks. If anything, it's better because your dick will work better and you won't have the glazed-over, bloated face look a night of drinking will do to you. Get a gig for a night/day shift on the weekend. You'll be socializing, keeping your health, AND making money.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

An FAQ on Modern Game

I have a friend who has none of the hallmarks of either normiedom or PUAdom.

No style
No swag
No edge
No swoleness

But then on top of that

No job
No hobbies
No charisma
No character
No scene
No herd

Unemployed narcissistic weirdo with a good skull stacked 6 feet high.

Yet he approaches. That's his action, the one thing he "does".

Has a condo with a roommate downtown in the club district.

He gets laid more than anyone I know, almost all from night game cold approach.

An FAQ on Modern Game

Random thoughts...

- What you do in your 20s impacts your 30s and 40s. All that time you put into saving cash, getting your degree(s), working out, and generating a network? In your 30s its a big payoff. I am still enjoying the benefits of what I did in my 20s and I'm 36. It's nice being debt free, owning a home, and still being able to run a mile or two without getting winded. I worked my ass off in my 20s, though (and got like zero girls). Don't worry much about girls while you're in your 20s. When you're in your 30s, you will pull unimaginable poon.

- Serving in law school was one of the best things I ever did. You learn money management, cold approaches, and become an industry "insider." Often when I go out, I just tell people I'm "in the industry." A lot of people still think I'm a bartender, server, or restaurant manager. A lot of my clientele is industry, so I'd prefer women to think that's what I do. When they learn I'm an attorney, it's helpful, but I do not lead with it. Guys who lead with their "high value" profession almost always strike out.

- Good looks make a lot of this stuff unnecessary. If you're 6'1, have tattoos, and a big dog, you don't have to worry about much except swiping right and brushing your teeth. Women will just want to bang. It's us "normal" guys who have to spit flow and dress to impress.

- Hobbies and having a well-rounded life does not lead to bangs. That stuff just makes life more enjoyable. When you strike out with a woman, it's easy to write it off when you have other things going on in your life. Also, chasing after women gets old real fast.

An FAQ on Modern Game

What I personally do is have a social circle outside of my professional circle, comprised of "industry girls." Strippers, bartenders, etc.

Basically, meet some bartenders, integrate into their social circle, and hang with them on the weekends.

A bartending gig will make that easier, but you can just become friends with industry chicks and you're golden.

Doesn't matter.

I'm 36, but I look like I'm in my late 20s when I wear nice clothes. Then women come back to my house and they're like "whoa!" when they see my pad.

Age doesn't matter. What matters is being around girls and being decent looking. A lot of bartenders in their 20s get laid all the time -- way more than me.

An FAQ on Modern Game

SLSlayer, my very strong guess is that this can be explained by one of two things:

1) You are underestimating your friend in some way. He may not be stereotypically good looking but he's got a specific look that chicks dig. Or, at the least, he has a look and vibe that appeals to a specific niche. I highly doubt that he's an overweight weirdo with bad facial features/hygiene. He's likely at the least a decent looking guy.

2) Alternatively, this guy goes out to bars/clubs 6-7 nights a week, spam approaches 20+ chicks/night, and pulls once every 2 weeks just from sheer numbers. That would ~25 chicks in a year, which is obviously a solid number, but not when you consider the hours of effort it took and the opportunity cost of that valuable time.

In regard to the thread, I think it is solid. Every minute has opportunity cost, and the old-school PUA-style "game" that involves rolling out at night everyday and spam approaching endlessly usually results in burn out, even if you do pull some chicks. This sheet describes how to "game" in a sustainable way where I think most men will be satisfied in the long-term, even if you won't be fucking 50 new chicks/year.

An FAQ on Modern Game

Quote: (07-29-2018 02:59 PM)nek Wrote:  

I know I'm not the OP but I was in a similar situation as you. With regard to #1, HUSTLE A BARTENDING GIG. For one, if you're sober and the guy in charge of the bar, it'll come across better than any guy approaching her that's half in the bag. 2, it's a natural filter for women whom are sexually available. Girls in a position to bang or looking to bang are always more chatty with the bartender. As for clean living, I wasn't drinking when I was bartending, so you get the nightlife benefits of meeting women without the drawbacks. If anything, it's better because your dick will work better and you won't have the glazed-over, bloated face look a night of drinking will do to you. Get a gig for a night/day shift on the weekend. You'll be socializing, keeping your health, AND making money.

I am feeling kind of slow here, what do you mean by hustle a bartending gig?

An FAQ on Modern Game

I used to pull way more poon when I was unemployed last year. Then they would get jelly and try to impress me by mentioning some cuck trying to take them to the most expensive places. I'll just laugh and reply "bish, I only fed you dominos and you still got fucked by me".

A lost skill is making people laugh. Too many guys concentrate on trying to "vet" the girl. Like many other facets in life, if you make people laugh...they will chill out and like you. It makes building rapport much easier.

Fuck being a bartender. I'd rather be the guy who knows the bartender and banters with him on a first name basis. Bitches dig this "Dang....you know the bartender by his name".

But yeah, bitches notice if you gained weight. Every single time I gain weight, my game goes down by magnitudes...and every time I lose weight, bitches bounce back.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

An FAQ on Modern Game

Yikes.

A lot of Mediocre in this thread.

The mix of terrible off and misleading advice with basic platitudes is just such a potent way to lead everyone astray from actually leaning Game.

An FAQ on Modern Game

Quote: (07-29-2018 07:03 PM)Black Caesar Wrote:  

Yikes.

The mix of terrible off and misleading advice with basic platitudes is just such a potent way to lead everyone astray from actually leaning Game.

Then drop some data.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

An FAQ on Modern Game

Quote: (07-29-2018 11:31 AM)HankMoody Wrote:  

Yes.

No, no you don't. That's the whole point of game. If you have game then you can do better than good looking guys.

An FAQ on Modern Game

Yikes.

Seconded. And I think people are conflating "Doesn't Matter" with "Matters quite a bit but can be overcome if other parts of your game are tight.". A lot of this shit quite obviously matters, just because you can overcome it and still be an elite player isn't the same thing at all.

"Age doesn't matter" may translate into "Over the years I learned more about fitness than this 22 year kid learned about everything he ever studied in 4 years of college put together. I apply it in a sensible way, and I'm making sacrifices like not having pizza and beer with the bros 5 nights a week. The result is I have abs just as good as the 22 year old kid". That's NOT the same thing as "age doesn't matter.". If you hadn't put in the time to read and study this stuff, you would be getting a middle aged pot belly like your peers. If your discipline slips for even a brief period, you'll quickly stop having 22 year old abs too. That's not the same thing s "Age Doesn't Matter" it's someone putting in work study and discipline to overcome a significant obstacle.

And BTW, this is coming from a guy with a tremendous amount of respect for HM.

An FAQ on Modern Game

Quote: (07-29-2018 07:13 PM)zoom Wrote:  

Yes.

No, no you don't. That's the whole point of game. If you have game then you can do better than good looking guys.

I don't understand why guys think that good looking guys have no game. In fact, I'd argue most of them have good game due to the natural positive feedback they've received most of their lives. And yes, you still need to be good looking to get the most attractive girls. Perhaps not a male model, but definitely good looking. Thinking that game alone is going to overcome this is the same as the body positive crowd thinking that being comfortable with their bodies is going to attract the top men. It's not. Attraction, SEXUAL ATTRACTION, is largely physical, and ultimately about reproducing with quality genetics. The way you look says alot about your genes. Not everything, but alot. This isn't some game hating post, but guys need to get real about some things.

I look at game the same as training a martial art, it's needed to maximize your potential, but you will still have a limit to your potential based on other factors. Learn game, but looks are a significant factor. In fact, I'll take this a step further and overemphasizing the game component is actually doing guys a disservice, as they get stuck in their own heads about what lines to say, how to say something, and an overall stress brought about by over analysis.

An FAQ on Modern Game

Yikes.

There's nothing wrong with basic platitudes because attraction isn't complicated, it's just ugly, and overcomplicating it is just a way for people to avoid some uncomfortable truths. It's the same as the fat girl trying to justify her dating troubles with some overly complicated analysis of her personality. No, she's just fat.

Also pretty much all the advice he gave is actionable advice to improve yourself. If that isn't good advice, I don't know what is.

An FAQ on Modern Game

Quote: (07-29-2018 04:44 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

I am feeling kind of slow here, what do you mean by hustle a bartending gig?

Get a bartending job, and since you have no experience and have a day job, you can trade no pay for learning. Or be willing to bus in exchange for lessons.

An FAQ on Modern Game

Quote: (07-29-2018 07:13 PM)zoom Wrote:  

Yes.

If you're selling books, that's the narrative. You can be ugly, poor, and spit dialogue to get women.

Buy a book, read up, spit game, get girls...

Wish it were that easy .. it's not.

An FAQ on Modern Game

Yikes.

The converse is someone is just going to buy a bunch of game books, read up on how to spit, and spend no time in the gym or doing anything else.

That's bad.

You'll get zero girls that way.

No matter how good your game is, there has to be some level of physical attraction. Just like we want hot girls, woman want a man who is attractive. It's easy to up that by doing dumb stuff like tanning, going to the gym, etc.

On a personal level, men should do stuff outside of just gaming. Gaming gets old real fast. That's how player burnout happens.

For reference, I'm 5'5. Decent facial features. But I have to rely more on game, style, and spit more than looks. My better looking friends get away with a lot more stuff than I do.

An FAQ on Modern Game

Great post HankMoody's. There's been too much negativity with trying to bang women. IDK why it may be difficult for some people to pick up women but what the Opie stated above is all factual. Some people just don't like to put in any effort or change for the bang even if it's only temporary.

An FAQ on Modern Game

I'm not fully understanding the recent explosion of bartending/club promoting posts with a desperation to break into one of these gigs like it's a top career.

I don't know any bartenders/promoters personally, but I'd assume it's like anything else in the SMP-get to the top or you're toast.

Most promoters roam the streets, begging random girls to come to their club and spam messaging invites on instagram. Only the top level makes significant cash, with hot girls constantly texting them for a plug. I've seen a million promoters in NYC, most are broke chumps who take forced pictures with 6 girls that they'll never talk to again after they give them free alcohol for the night.

Does everyone think that being a bartender is a layup to pussy every night? Where? Even at the hot establishments in NYC, some of these guys are running around the bar, out of breath from all the orders they are taking. They certainly aren't running game, and if they are, they aren't making any money, because the place is empty.

Like everything else, only a bartender at a really exclusive spot, most likely with looks/personality as well, will really clean up. The bartenders at the Penn Station dives with all the construction worker clientele sure don't. The one at the downstairs Marriott bar sure doesn't.

It would probably be pretty cool to get a bartending gig at a ritzy downtown club, but is a successful guy really going to do some $10/hr barback gig for a year to hopefully get one of these? What happens when you can't get a gig that will get you pussy, and you end up bartending at some wine bar for housewives?

The way to succeed in the current SMP is a combination of four things:

1. Social status. For young women, this is the most important, and means:
-How popular you are, how many friends you have, how many women preselect
you, how hot/cool your guy friends are
-Whether you have any degree of fame
-How awesome is your life
-Job/location/income just needs to be at an acceptable level, not truly important in
a young woman's eyes.
2. Looks. In order:
-Face
-Height
-Physique
3. Game
4. Social Media. If you are using your passport 5x a year, balling out with nice restaurants, clubs, awesome social circle, along with good looks etc, it really doesn't matter much if you are not marketing it, showing the world through your social media.

The forum skews heavily towards focusing on #3, with a little bit of #2.

An FAQ on Modern Game

This isn't a FAQ on modern game. There aren't many universal game truths in your "FAQ". This is really you stating what you you think is best for Hank Moody game. It does not apply to everybody else, but you are writing as if it does. There is lots of bad advice here.

For example, on clothing you noted: "For those who are not stylistically inclined, you can never go wrong with docksiders, a Ralph Lauren polo shirt, and a decent looking watch. White watches always do the trick"

That's not a fall back option for many guys. No man should be wearing that garbage going out at night to a cool bar or club. Definitely not on a date. And they shouldn't be going to Marshalls.

Being tall, tatooed, and having big dogs is your fantasy of what you think women want, and you are pushing it on us. Plenty of guys don't have that and have great game and get beautiful women.

Also, why do you keep mentioning tanning so much? That shit will look amateur for many white dudes who have no business being tanned.

Finally, money matters. Just not in the way you think. Men who have more of it and know how to use it correctly (building a lifestyle / travel) will have more access to the most attractive women. How the fuck can you afford all of those hobbies if you are so busy working a minimum wage job?

If a man meets a girl daygaming in NYC, he's gonna have a way easier time fucking her if his own crib is a few blocks away in SoHo, rather than far out in the low rent Bronx with 3 other roommates.

If a man wants to meet the hottest Brazilian girls, he's gonna have to fly to Rio. Without money, that isn't happening.

To the noobs, don't listen to this garbage by HM. For the guys who know what's up, enjoy laughing at this horse shit.

Yes.

You have to make yourself better looking to get women, especially in the era of Tinder. Go to the gym, go tanning, whiten your teeth, lose / gain weight, wear "better" (as in, they fit and look cool, not more expensive) clothes.

I gained a few pounds last year and thought my game atrophied. I lost the weight and suddenly everything is back to normal. Same game, same Hank. Just less weight, a fresh tan, and clothes that fit. Suddenly, more girls.

These days looks matter more than ever. Unfortunately, this is the most important part if women are your goal. Good haircut, nice clothes, tan, white teeth, body spray / cologne, physique, yadda yadda.

Your looks matter. A lot. Sorry, they just do.

What are "looks?"

In this order -

- Physique
- Facial features
- Height
- Haircut
- Clothing
- "Bling" -- tattoos, tan, jewelry, style (i.e., are you a biker, a yuppie, cowboy, etc.), watch, shoes, big dogs, yadda yadda.
- Stuff that can mess you up -- your breath, your smell, stains on your clothing, poorly fitted clothing, crap in your car, etc. Women notice this stuff.

If you're short, ugly, or overweight, you have to do more in the other areas. When you're good looking, you can get away with a lot more. (i.e., if you're really good looking, women will overlook the fact your car isn't detailed.)

To put this in context, imagine a girl who is kind of pudgy, but is tan, smells nice, has dyed blond hair, is fun, and can dance well. You might bang her and overlook her thunder thighs.

Conversely, imagine a girl who is attractive, but has purple hair, her armpits aren't shaved, she hasn't showered, and all she talks about is how much she hates Trump. You'll probably avoid.

Today, women care way more about looks. The good news is that it's easy to do minor things to set you apart from everyone else, like go tanning, hit the gym, and get nice clothes from Marshalls.

(For those who are not stylistically inclined, you can never go wrong with docksiders, a Ralph Lauren polo shirt, and a decent looking watch. White watches always do the trick).

Sidenote: If you're short, wear shoes with inserts or boots. Even an inch or two does wonders.

Sidenote 2: Women love tall guys, tattoos, and big dogs. That's the trend today. If you can pull that off, God bless ya.

Do I need money to get women?

No, you do not need money to get women.

Money doesn't matter. Women would rather date a total loser who can't pay his rent than a socially awkward real estate investor who goes on Caribbean trips each month. Better yet, they'll bang the loser and go on trips with the investor and lead him on for sex. ("Baby, we just don't know each other well enough yet, but maybe we could learn more about each other in Barbados..."). Rich guys get played all the time. Spend your cash on you, not women. It makes no difference, except when you can't pay rent.

Your lawyers, doctors, engineers, architects, realtors, investors, bankers, and other "high profession" buddies are not getting laid as much as the DJs, MMA fighters, promoters, bartenders, tattoo artists, and professional sports players.

If you have a high value profession, that's awesome. Save your money, and don't expect it to get you laid. Your chances of getting laid are just as good with a PBR and shot of cheap whiskey than a nice steak dinner.

What should I do with all my time?

Whatever you want to.

In my opinion, have hobbies outside of game.

Personally, I like jiu jitsu, kickboxing, hiking, fishing, camping, off roading, Playstation 2, kayaking, restoring old cars, cycling, real estate, cooking, etc. Whatever makes you happy. Don't do this stuff for women, just do it because you like it.

I wake up in the mornings thinking about kickboxing or what I'm going to catch, not game.

If your life revolves around game, you're going to be miserable. Women are boring.

Also, have a circle of likeminded male friends. Talk to them about business, philosophy, women, etc. Don't try and talk to women about this stuff. If you don't have any, start meetups on the forum. You need male friends.

Cool hobbies will generally not get you women, but will make life more fulfilling.

Where should I meet women?

Be at places women like to go to. They like clubs, beaches, pools, restaurants, dog parks, yoga, etc. Some like Crossfit. However, they don't like guys who do the things they like to do. (i.e., they won't date guys from their Yoga studio).

Getting women requires being around women. That's why bartenders and DJs get so many hot chicks -- they're around them all the time.

Conversely, as a lawyer, I'm around dudes 90% of the time.

Work out of places like coffee shops, public places, shared office space, etc. if you can. Tons of women.

Sidenote: be wary of women who have male hobbies. It usually means they want to bang the top dogs of that hobby. I.e., women who hang around the MMA community want to bang top fighters.

When is the best time to meet women?

Just like business, there are slow periods in game. Summer is slow at home; hot down the shore. Around the holidays its slow, too. Women like to have boyfriends over the holidays, Valentines Day, and it's hit or miss during the summer. Take that time to work out, do your hobbies, make money, read up, etc. Good times for game? Jan, March, April, May, September, October, November, and early December. I have the most luck in the fall -- that's when they're looking for new relationships.

Thoughts? Love to hear them.

- Clint Barton

An FAQ on Modern Game

Quote: (07-30-2018 02:10 AM)Clint Barton Wrote:  

There is lots of bad advice here.

For example, on clothing you noted: "For those who are not stylistically inclined, you can never go wrong with docksiders, a Ralph Lauren polo shirt, and a decent looking watch. White watches always do the trick"

That's not a fall back option for many guys. No man should be wearing that garbage going out at night to a cool bar or club. Definitely not on a date.

Being tall, tatooed, and having big dogs is your fantasy of what you think women want, and you are pushing it on us. Plenty of guys don't have that and have great game and get beautiful women.

Also, why do you keep mentioning tanning so much? That shit will look amateur for many white dudes who have no business being tanned.

To the noobs, don't listen to this garbage by HM. For the guys who know what's up, enjoy laughing at this horse shit.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5795910]

I'm the King of Beijing!

An FAQ on Modern Game

The arguments about level of dress and acceptable staples has GOT to be a Philly vs. NYC thing.

Philly has an almost "resentful" attitude towards looking sharp / fly, whereas it is celebrated in NYC at every level up and down the chain.

It's noticeable even in downtown Philly that men and women at large don't care for fashion so much.

Roughly speaking, Philly Saturday night wardrobe ~==~ NYC Sunday lazy afternoon wardrobe.

HM's particulars are going to sound off to someone in a more fashion conscious city.

There are other issues that have been mentioned, but just wanted to point out that geography colors many of these posts.

HM would maybe do better to break down how he got to his own level, rather than just describing how ideally his levels fit his particular life.

An FAQ on Modern Game

I hear you 456. The OP should have titled it "Modern Philly suburb game for guys in their 40s FAQ" then. I'm not saying everybody has to dress like a city boy at all.

Quote: (07-30-2018 03:37 AM)456 Wrote:  

The arguments about level of dress and acceptable staples has GOT to be a Philly vs. NYC thing.

Philly has an almost "resentful" attitude towards looking sharp / fly, whereas it is celebrated in NYC at every level up and down the chain.

It's noticeable even in downtown Philly that men and women at large don't care for fashion so much.

Roughly speaking, Philly Saturday night wardrobe ~==~ NYC Sunday lazy afternoon wardrobe.

HM's particulars are going to sound off to someone in a more fashion conscious city.

There are other issues that have been mentioned, but just wanted to point out that geography colors many of these posts.

HM would maybe do better to break down how he got to his own level, rather than just describing how ideally his levels fit his particular life.

- Clint Barton

An FAQ on Modern Game

Quote: (07-30-2018 03:42 AM)Clint Barton Wrote:  

...should have titled it "On Modern Philly suburb game for guys in their 40s FAQ"

Funny title, FTFY though...