rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Roosh and other manosophere authors quoted in NYTimes on declining sperm counts

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/25/style...count.html

Excerpt:

Quote:NY Times Wrote:

Barack Obama, who runs The Return of Kings, a men’s rights site, called the situation “a biological crisis” and one that women struggle to understand.

“Tell your editor to stop being an idiot and reassign the article to a man,” he wrote in a direct message on Twitter. “Then get in touch with me.”

Rollo Tomassi, another leader in the manosphere, who runs a site called The Rational Male, said the sperm count study last year was a watershed moment. To his mind, it showed definitively that modern society was weakening men.

“For guys in the ’sphere, there’s finally some sort of barometer to test their overall health from a historical perspective,” Mr. Tomassi said.

He said men who believe this cite the idea that there could be trace amounts of birth control in the water supply and also cite myths about foods like soy. He, however, prefers to blame egalitarian socialization. “We don’t teach boys to be competitive anymore,” Mr. Tomassi said.

A common derogatory term in the manosphere is “soy boy.”

“Everybody thinks there’s a soy link,” he said.

According to Mr. Tomassi, many men are starting to look into testosterone replacement therapy (T.R.T.).

“T.R.T. — it’s a big deal in the manosphere right now,” Mr. Tomassi said. “That’s the real health news: There’s this sudden revelation and guys are saying, ‘Oh man, my sperm count is hella low, how can I fix this?’ Then they realize their testosterone is lower than it should be.”

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Conundrum.
Wanting the 'West' to improve & strengthen, yet knowing it cannot do so while Useful idiot, soy infused folk infest society.

Do you let all the soy-boy parasites die out? Or do you try & revive the tainted host prior to that?

Quote:Quote:

“It’s an area that makes people uncomfortable. It’s about sex. It’s about men,” Dr. Swan said. “You can get a lot further if you have a nice finding on autism or obesity.”

Ah yes, focus on preventable issues like obesity instead of issues that affect the future of the human race.

How to cure obesity:

1) Eat healthy
2) Be active/exercise

Study concluded.

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

Quote: (07-26-2018 08:37 AM)Vill@in Wrote:  

How to cure obesity:

1) Eat healthy
2) Be active/exercise

Study concluded.

You know, a scientist who was immersed in fatlogic could argue that healthy eating and exercise do not result in people being less obese because the people who chose to eat better and exercise more got thinner because they "self selected" to get better.

This may seem silly, but for years they couldn't conclude 12-step programs were helping people get sober because of precisely that twisted logic.

Back to the original post, this result is based on a single study. Cold fusion was also based on the results of a single study. I would like to see these results reproduced in other studies before coming to any conclusions.

Quote: (07-26-2018 07:19 AM)RexImperator Wrote:  

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/25/style...count.html

Excerpt:

Quote:NY Times Wrote:

Barack Obama, who runs The Return of Kings, a men’s rights site, called the situation “a biological crisis” and one that women struggle to understand.

“Tell your editor to stop being an idiot and reassign the article to a man,” he wrote in a direct message on Twitter. “Then get in touch with me.”

Rollo Tomassi, another leader in the manosphere, who runs a site called The Rational Male, said the sperm count study last year was a watershed moment. To his mind, it showed definitively that modern society was weakening men.

“For guys in the ’sphere, there’s finally some sort of barometer to test their overall health from a historical perspective,” Mr. Tomassi said.

He said men who believe this cite the idea that there could be trace amounts of birth control in the water supply and also cite myths about foods like soy. He, however, prefers to blame egalitarian socialization. “We don’t teach boys to be competitive anymore,” Mr. Tomassi said.

A common derogatory term in the manosphere is “soy boy.”

“Everybody thinks there’s a soy link,” he said.

According to Mr. Tomassi, many men are starting to look into testosterone replacement therapy (T.R.T.).

“T.R.T. — it’s a big deal in the manosphere right now,” Mr. Tomassi said. “That’s the real health news: There’s this sudden revelation and guys are saying, ‘Oh man, my sperm count is hella low, how can I fix this?’ Then they realize their testosterone is lower than it should be.”

This is THE perfect quote. Pithy and cutting. I'm surprised they printed something so honest. But then, they value Web clicks above all else, so I guess they knew Roosh-inspired controversy would get them lots of page views.

Also, the Heartiste blog did a post on this quote.

Quote: (07-26-2018 10:07 AM)placer Wrote:  

This may seem silly, but for years they couldn't conclude 12-step programs were helping people get sober because of precisely that twisted logic.

Can you actually conclude that though? A couple of my ex-alcoholic friends have spoken out against AA. You have to compare the programs to the alternatives, instead of naively thinking they got better because of the program.

...who runs The Return of Kings, a men’s rights site...

The typists still can't tell the difference between MRA, PUA and manosphere oriented content, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I hope Rollo realizes that TRT actually reduces sperm count, but regardless I think he's probably correct that sperm reduction (and definitely low natural testosterone levels) are generally is the result of flawed social conditioning.

I can see the difference in younger guys from even ten or fifteen years ago - just depressing to witness. Even a beard can't hide the epic levels of soy in the grins we're seeing lately:

[Image: 8fc.jpg]

^
Ironically, it may turn out to be a more patriotic duty to not allow the best & fittest to go overseas to die as cannon fodder for pointless globalist wars.
Better those bright & fit men stay at home to ensure the home-front is strong & vigilant.

Here's an interesting quote from an article from the Huffington post regarding lower T levels recorded in males

'a “substantial” drop in U.S. men’s testosterone levels since the 1980s, with average levels declining by about 1% per year. This means, for example, that a 60-year-old man in 2004 had testosterone levels 17% lower than those of a 60-year-old in 1987.'

and ' In a 2016 study, the average 20- to 34-year-old man could apply 98 pounds of force with a right-handed grip, down from 117 pounds by a man of the same age in 1985.'

source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilhowe/20...9ee9618b7f

It gets better. From a WaPo article linked from that Forbes article:

Quote:WaPo Wrote:

Millennial women fared much less worse in the study. Their average right-hand grip force is roughly the same today as it was 30 years ago, at about 75 pounds. Millennial women between 30 to 34 actually squeezed much harder than their forebears did, coming in at 98 pounds of force compared to 79 pounds in 1985. But this was offset by decreases in strength among younger millennial women.

To look at it another way: In 1985, the typical 30-to-34-year-old man could squeeze your hand with 31 pounds more force than the typical woman of that age could. But today, older millennial men and women are roughly equal when it comes to grip strength.

Delete

There are just too many clues out there in everyday life, and these studies back up what we intuitively understand.

I came up in the country, and am now 20 years later in a metropolitan city. I can guarantee the younger guys have higher voices. I have overheard guys talking and I am not sure whether they are gay or not. Not to be harsh, because I am sure that we are not as tough as guys from earlier years too, but the dropoff seems sharper.

They are being taught this via feminism and simple wuss culture (no fights at school, overprotectice parents, less physical labour jobs, etc etc.). In the end its a mix of things that go together, your history and environment affect your testosterone, along with being overweight. The voices are higher on the younger generation and it just makes studies like this very believable. As studies like these get headlines, I'm sure more researchers will be drawn to the area.

The grip strength is interesting, it could just be from outdoor work, I feel like this is just manly work (like cars, or renos) and that working with your hands actually increases testosterone. It is probably a measurement of your testosterone level at the same time, but just as importantly - the strength of your hands in a fight. I remember when typing was for chicks.

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin

Quote: (07-26-2018 07:04 PM)SlickyBoy Wrote:  

I can see the difference in younger guys from even ten or fifteen years ago - just depressing to witness. Even a beard can't hide the epic levels of soy in the grins we're seeing lately:

If these guys become the majority of men, our race is finished. Just send the fucking meteors now.

Quote: (07-26-2018 07:04 PM)SlickyBoy Wrote:  

...who runs The Return of Kings, a men’s rights site...

The typists still can't tell the difference between MRA, PUA and manosphere oriented content, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I hope Rollo realizes that TRT actually reduces sperm count, but regardless I think he's probably correct that sperm reduction (and definitely low natural testosterone levels) are generally is the result of flawed social conditioning.

The guys in this picture all look the same. I see more and more younger guys that look like these guys. Also, at least in the Midwest city that I live in, I am starting to notice more woman that have a complete androgynous look. This is now the second year that I have noticed this. I can't help but to wonder if this is the same result of consuming soy based products. I have to sometimes look at these people twice to figure out if they're a male or female.

Time for me to briefly hijack this thread:

Quote: (07-26-2018 10:07 AM)placer Wrote:  

for years they couldn't conclude 12-step programs were helping people get sober

Quote: (07-26-2018 05:42 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

Can you actually conclude that though?

Yes, we can. The studies showing it are quite recent, but we now have really strong evidence that it's something about the AA program that is helping some alcoholics stay sober. One big study is Humphreys 2014, where they performed advanced statistical analysis of five other studies and found that, for every 1% more someone went to a meeting because they were randomly assigned a treatment which made them go to more meetings (getting rid of the "they would have gotten sober anyway" bit), they were abstinent, on average, 0.33% more days.

There are other studies showing that some (but not all) kinds of treatments which get more alcoholics in to more AA meetings make them more sober (Litt 2009, Walitzer 2009, etc.). Note that this is all quite recent; we didn’t have good experimental studies showing AA effectiveness when the 2006 Cochrane report was released, but that report is now out of date.

Point being, the media has been lying to you. While this science was coming out, the mainstream media was blowing bullshit up your ass and talking about a hack book written by a hack doctor which claimed, using really bad methodology, that AA has only a 5% success rate. The doctor multiplied numbers from unrelated surveys together to cook up this number, using very old studies from the 1970s or studies which didn't even measure AA success, and even flat out making up numbers: The book claimed Fiorentine 1999 showed a 40% success rate among regular meeting attenders, but the study actually showed a 75% success rate.

The point being, while treatment research experts have been releasing studies showing that AA really helps some alcoholics stay sober, the media only has been talking about a bullshit-laden book making hyperbolic and poorly-supported claims that AA almost never works.

Now, let's go back to our regularly scheduled thread:

I am not surprised the idiots in the media can not tell the difference between PUA, MRA, Incel, "Black Pill", and "Red Pill"; these are all different philosophies with different goals. Incel is a bunch of men moaning that they can't fuck a decent looking girl. PUA is saying that anyone who goes to the effort can get decent pussy -- but that it might mean going to another country. "Red Pill" is acknowledging the dishonesty and head games women play. MRA is trying to reform a legal system where divorce rape is standard fare, female child custody is commonly done, where we ruin a man's life because a woman cries "rape!" or "abuse!", etc. "Black Pill" the bullshit some men believe that they are incapable of ever getting decent pussy. Trust me, if I was able to get a hot 7 to go crazy with pleasure riding my dick and having me finish inside her, you can get some great pussy too.

Sperm count going down? Intriguing, and, if true, we need to find out why. Right now, a man has about 15 million sperm per mL of jizz; this study claims the number has gone down by, what, 600,000 or 700,000 sperm since 1973. While a possible cause of concern, to have a 20% chance to make a woman pregnant, a man needs to pump about 30-40 million sperm in to her pussy -- so, if trying to knock up a woman, just go no fap between fucking sessions, and one should have about 3-5ml of jizz going in to her (an average ejaculation is about 1.5-5ml of semen).

Quote: (07-27-2018 12:28 AM)MKE-Ed Wrote:  

The guys in this picture all look the same. I see more and more younger guys that look like these guys.

This beard thing is becoming ridiculous. Every second guy (actually it's most certainly more) is bearded nowadays - I've been yesterday in a "posh hipster" bar in Paris, was the only guy in the room without a beard. And I'm not exaggerating. On IG, if I watch the followers list of a girl, 90% of those losers are bearded. Makes you look more like a try-hard/fashion follower cretin than a cool guy with a strong personality IMO.

Beard is to the late 2010's what goatee was to the 90's. A ludicrous mass fashion trend, that will be mocked in 20 years.

Sorry for the off-topic ranting.

It's funny. I probably eat more soy products now that I live in China and I still don't look that soyed out. Goddamn I'm glad I don't live back home.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (07-27-2018 03:11 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

It's funny. I probably eat more soy products now that I live in China and I still don't look that soyed out. Goddamn I'm glad I don't live back home.

I'd say the trifecta is a processed soy, plasticized (BPA), vegetarian / vegan diet.

If you're eating a diet of fresh whole foods, including fresh whole soy, it won't be anywhere near as bad.

If the NYTimes writes articles like this, we can forget about them becoming aware about the root causes of omega gunmen or outcast men in general, like someone in the Toronto shooter thread thought was going to happen. More head in ass for years to come. At this rate mandatory gender reassignment on little boys will be used instead of blaming the root causes.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Most people with a beard are trying to cover up their weak jaw line. Some girls actually caught on to it. Actually the whole goatee thing in 90's was to make your chin look bigger since there was some study that said women respond better to that.

*Cold Shower Crew*
*No Fap Crew*
*150+ IQ Crew*

Well there is one thing for sure, Roosh has more testosterone compare to the entire floor of writers at the NYT.

Notice how they try so desperately to twist the tone that they get into bizarre grammar and diction?

"Women fared much less worse"......

I couldn't get away with writing that badly in 6th grade if I'd tried let alone for a major paper.

Quote: (07-27-2018 02:57 AM)Count Pierre Wrote:  

Quote: (07-27-2018 12:28 AM)MKE-Ed Wrote:  

The guys in this picture all look the same. I see more and more younger guys that look like these guys.

This beard thing is becoming ridiculous. Every second guy (actually it's most certainly more) is bearded nowadays - I've been yesterday in a "posh hipster" bar in Paris, was the only guy in the room without a beard. And I'm not exaggerating. On IG, if I watch the followers list of a girl, 90% of those losers are bearded. Makes you look more like a try-hard/fashion follower cretin than a cool guy with a strong personality IMO.

Beard is to the late 2010's what goatee was to the 90's. A ludicrous mass fashion trend, that will be mocked in 20 years.

Sorry for the off-topic ranting.

Couldn’t agree more, every fucker here has a beard, wears skinny jeans, and is overweight.

Being clean shaven, in shape and well dressed it’s not too difficult to stand out from the crowd

We're massively overpopulated.

City living and free female sexuality = ant colony.

Bug men are a meme for a reason.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bugman

Rootless, lifeless, metropolitan drones who have a permanent thousand-yard stare due to an existence void of any meaning other than waiting for the next iPhone.

The new world order's model citizen.

I saw a bug man the other day. Horrible creatures!

Nature is changing our genes to better reflect it, making more men sterile worker drones and increasing the size of the "queen" female.

Are the top 10% of men decreasing in sperm quality?

[Image: ant_caste_sys.jpg]

Quote: (07-27-2018 01:11 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

We're massively overpopulated.

City living and free female sexuality = ant colony.

Bug men are a meme for a reason.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bugman

The colony reference is more important than you realize.. The masons have long used a "beehive" allegory to describe the society they work to craft.