rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

John Schneider Refuses To Pay Spousal Support, Asks Judge For Jail Time Instead

John Schneider asks judge to lock him up rather than pay ex spousal support

Quote:Quote:

Former "Dukes of Hazard" star John Schneider is asking a judge to send him to jail in order to avoid paying his ex-wife spousal support.

The Blast obtained a letter that the actor sent to Judge Mark Epstein. In it, John begs the judge to remove a suspended sentence of 120 days in jail, and asks His Honor to lock him up. He states that he is more than willing to accept punishment for his actions.

The former Bo Duke of "The Dukes of Hazzard" further admitted that with "regret and embarrassment" he can't complete the conditions ordered by the court.

By year's end, John was "required to file his tax returns for 2014-2016, obtain all his financial documents and pay his ex-wife half of all his income," The Blast reported. He added that he's in dire financial shape after taking out loans and claimed his career went sideways "earlier than ever anticipated."

On June 11, a judge sentenced John to spend three days behind bars for failing to pay spousal support, but he served about five hours due to overcrowding. He reportedly owes more than $150K in delinquent alimony to his estranged wife, Elly Castle.

Back in early February, a judge ordered him to pay up by mid-March, but he failed to meet the deadline.

After being released from jail, he told Fox News, "Going to jail was nothing like I ever imagined it was going to be. First of all, I was given no preferential treatment at all except they didn't detain me with the general population. I was arrested, I was searched, I was handcuffed, I had my wallet and my phone and they took my belt and shoelaces and it was put into a plastic bag. It was totally life-changing."

He later told Fox News that his acting career took a hit because of his political beliefs.

"I do think there's a bias against conservatives, Republicans, in Hollywood, but I think if you let that alter how you are, then I question how you are," he said. "If you believe it, speak it, live it."

I'm the King of Beijing!

[Image: John-Schneider-the-dukes-of-hazzard-2133...53-500.jpg]

[Image: john-schneider-rips-tv-land-a-new-one-ftr.jpg]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10130653]

[Image: Classic_Dukes_of_Hazzard_clip.gif]

[Image: 8904934832_3fd607e168_o.gif]

If this became a trend...
Could they afford to fill prisons with nothing more than divorced fathers?

Then if they intended to stop the trend, yet weren't able to place 'dukes' into prisons. What would the penalty actually be?

Well now partners, after many years it looks like the evil Boss Hogg and his crooked cops finally managed to catch one of them, moonshine selling, probation violating duke boys...

How will our heros get out of this one ?

[Image: Dukes2108.jpg]

[Image: 1969-Dodge-Charger-General-Lee-DOH-S-Chase-1024x768.jpg]

Quote: (07-20-2018 12:59 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

Well now partners, after many years it looks like the evil Boss Hogg and his crooked cops finally managed to catch one of them, moonshine selling, probation violating duke boys...

Perhaps Uncle Jesse can fire up the stil for him. All kidding aside, he is missing out on millions as the spokesman/proprietor for Legal Moonshine. There are half of a dozen distilleries between Atlanta and Charlotte these days that sell basically Everclear. On another note, a few pic's of Catherine Back in Daisy Duke should be a requirement on this thread:
[Image: 6f6285cdfc0ef6a08e75d2ecb5c93992.jpg]
[Image: FORVG00Z.jpg]

See kids this is how women used to look like, you know without any tats, piercings, or florescent hair.

"Stop playing by 1950's rules when everyone else is playing by 1984."
- Leonard D Neubache

Just a good ol' boy
Never meanin' no harm
Married some ol' maw
Now in trouble with the law
Since the day he was born

Hard workin' man
Tryin' to pay his bills
Everyday the bitch wants to get his money
But the bitch never will

Makin' his way
The only way he knows how
That's just a little penny more
Than the law will allow

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

I don't think going to lockup wipes out alimony debt in the US, so why ask for it? Does it at least stop the interest from accruing?

Marriage is truly a suckers game.

We suffer more in our own minds than we do in reality.
-Seneca

Quote: (07-20-2018 08:27 AM)Vill@in Wrote:  

Just a good ol' boy
Never meanin' no harm
Married some ol' maw
Now in trouble with the law
Since the day he was born

Hard workin' man
Tryin' to pay his bills
Everyday the bitch wants to get his money
But the bitch never will

Makin' his way
The only way he knows how
That's just a little penny more
Than the law will allow

Dukes of Hazzard theme song with lyrics

Acting career took a hit because of his political views - no doubt. The ones who still have a job despite of that are much bigger as stars and thus harder to pull down - Mel Gibson etc.

Gotta either suck off Weinstein or suck off the Liberal clit

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

< Fake it till you make it - most actors never reach the iconic status of Mel Gibson. You have to feign being a liberal Democrat in Hollywood similar to Google.

Wait, I'm not understanding everything here, these msm typists are not good writers:

"On June 11, a judge sentenced John to spend three days behind bars for failing to pay spousal support, but he served about five hours due to overcrowding. He reportedly owes more than $150K in delinquent alimony to his estranged wife, Elly Castle."

So does he still owe 150k in child support? Or did his five hours of jail make up for it? Pay 150k or go to jail for five hours. I know what I would rather do.

"Especially Roosh offers really good perspectives. But like MW said, at the end of the day, is he one of us?"

- Reciproke, posted on the Roosh V Forum.

Just to get the facts straight here, I went and looked up what People Magazine wrote. They're actually a pretty reliable source.

According to two People articles, Schneider and his wife Elvira “Elly” Schneider were together 21 years and have three adult children. She divorced him in 2014 and was awarded "spousal support," which is today's euphemism for alimony.

And how much is the alimony?

"The former couple split in 2014 after 21 years of marriage, when Elvira filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. She was awarded $18,911 in monthly support." Source.

Schneider was released from prison because of overcrowding, but said he'd rather go back than pay $18 grand a month. He wrote the judge a letter that said:

"I am willing and able to accept the punishment for my actions/inactions as to this matter and I request this court to impose such sentence without further delay."

His lawyer is now fighting to have that stricken from the record and have Schneider say in court that he's unable to pay because of debts.

The real issue here is the judge (or jury) which saw fit to award her $18 grand a month. This is the guy from "Dukes of Hazard," not Mick Jagger or Bill Gates.

And yet if that seems out of proportion to his success, now you know why the average man gets financially broken by divorce. Celebrities aren't different from us. They just do things on a grander scale. And, apparently, they get things done to them on a grander scale.

RedPillUk, no he would still owe the 150K of alimony regardless of the jail time.

DOBA, I think celebrities almost have it worse when it comes to alimony. If they get divorced when the guy is at the height of his career, then he'll get hammered with alimony but then when the career takes it's inevitable dive and he's making way less, he's still stuck with the way too high alimony payments. Plus, most celebrities get divorced in California which has hideously bad divorce laws, especially regarding alimony. One thing I don't understand is how these celebrities don't hire the best divorce attorneys and put in contingencies for drastic drops in income. Bottom line though is that alimony should be done away with but if I had got stuck with alimony payments I couldn't afford or just didn't want to pay anymore, I'd convert all my money to Bitcoin and leave the country for good. While countries have treaties for child support delinquents, they do not for alimony so leaving the country and keeping your money in crypto would pretty much solve your problem if your ex is this unreasonable.

Quote: (07-21-2018 02:32 PM)doc holliday Wrote:  

RedPillUk, no he would still owe the 150K of alimony regardless of the jail time.

DOBA, I think celebrities almost have it worse when it comes to alimony. If they get divorced when the guy is at the height of his career, then he'll get hammered with alimony but then when the career takes it's inevitable dive and he's making way less, he's still stuck with the way too high alimony payments. Plus, most celebrities get divorced in California which has hideously bad divorce laws, especially regarding alimony. One thing I don't understand is how these celebrities don't hire the best divorce attorneys and put in contingencies for drastic drops in income. Bottom line though is that alimony should be done away with but if I had got stuck with alimony payments I couldn't afford or just didn't want to pay anymore, I'd convert all my money to Bitcoin and leave the country for good. While countries have treaties for child support delinquents, they do not for alimony so leaving the country and keeping your money in crypto would pretty much solve your problem if your ex is this unreasonable.

He and Brendan Frasier should start a support group with you as their COO.

Also, for some reason I thought it was the actor who played Luke Duke when I saw this in the news.

I won't lie - I always a Luke fan when I was a kid. Still sad to see this happen to one of the Duke boys.

Tom Wopat is in trouble with the law too:

Quote:Quote:

WALTHAM, Mass. (AP) — A former star of “The Dukes of Hazzard” television show has pleaded guilty to inappropriately touching two women in the cast of a musical in Massachusetts in which he starred.

Prosecutors say 66-year-old Tom Wopat was sentenced Friday to a year of probation after pleading guilty to two counts of annoying and accosting a person of the opposite sex.

The New York City resident was charged last August with touching two female cast members while rehearsing for “42nd Street” at Waltham’s Reagle Music Theatre.

He also received a continuation without a finding for one year after admitting to sufficient facts on the charge of cocaine possession. The drugs were found on his person during his arrest.

https://www.breitbart.com/news/dukes-of-...hing-case/

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Leaving the country is the only option to escape alimony. That's what Dave Foley did.

Quote: (07-20-2018 07:52 AM)Bluto Wrote:  

[Image: FORVG00Z.jpg]

See kids this is how women used to look like, you know without any tats, piercings, or florescent hair.

[Image: 242510-god-bless-america.jpg]

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Quote: (07-23-2018 04:29 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Leaving the country is the only option to escape alimony. That's what Dave Foley did.

BAD IDEA, they'll pull your passport.

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Your passport will not be revoked for failure to pay spousal support. You are perfectly able to leave the country while delinquent on alimony payments, and once you are out of the country there are no international treaties that allow the government to go after you abroad for arrears.

^^^^
Yes I think passports are only revoked for delinquent child support payments, not alimony. Any lawyers here can confirm.

We suffer more in our own minds than we do in reality.
-Seneca

Quote: (07-24-2018 10:16 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Your passport will not be revoked for failure to pay spousal support. You are perfectly able to leave the country while delinquent on alimony payments, and once you are out of the country there are no international treaties that allow the government to go after you abroad for arrears.

There are some countries that collect child support payments. I think most of the EU will try to fuck you. Either way it's better to make this a battle you never have to fight.