rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Student Suspended, Allegedly Told ‘Looked Like Someone Who Might Commit Sex Assault'

Student Suspended, Allegedly Told ‘Looked Like Someone Who Might Commit Sex Assault'

Sorry for the truncated thread title, but there's a world limit. The full title of the article is:

Black Student Suspended, Allegedly Told He ‘Looked Like Someone Who Might Commit Sexual Assault'

>Doctoral Student asks dance instructor out

>She says no, stop making romantic advances, but let's stay friends

>'All right'

>Student sends a fucking 3 page apology letter

>'OMG this guy stalked and harassed a bunch of women!!!'

>Student suspended, effectively ending his academic career

>Student now suing "on multiple grounds, including violation of due process rights, sex and race-based discrimination, and argued that the rules on harassment and stalking were too vague."

Quote:Quote:

The student, identified in court documents as John Doe, was a doctoral candidate in Cultural Anthropology, and took dance fitness classes at the Student Recreation Center. During the 2015-2016 school year, John developed what he thought was a friendship with a female fitness class instructor (The Daily Wire is not naming her since it is not naming the accused student). John asked the instructor on a date in April 2016, and claims she said she was busy but discussed going out later that month. On April 18, she sent John a message asking him “to stop making romantic advances toward her,” according to his lawsuit. She did, however, indicate that she still wanted him to attend her dance classes and wanted their friendship to remain professional.

John apologized and said he would keep their relationship professional

. . .

On October 14, 2016, John gave the instructor a three-page letter “apologizing for being awkward around her, expressing sincere feelings for her, and asking [her] what if anything she wanted from Plaintiff,” according to his lawsuit.

After this, Rec Center Associate Director Emily Bach McElwaine told Mizzou’s Title IX office that John had harassed and stalked four women who worked at the rec center, including the instructor. She apparently sent in allegations on behalf of three other women.

The bit related to the title:

On November 7, 2016, Title IX investigator Amber Lammers sent John a notice that he was being investigated for sexual harassment and stalking. John said during his interview with Lammers that he was concerned about the involvement of Salama Gallimore, who had, according to John, told him during a previous Title IX investigation that he “looked like someone who might commit sexual assault.” John was assured Gallimore would not be involved in this investigation.

Not much more needs to be said other than everything is fucked.

Your link is broken.

Black Student Suspended, Allegedly Told He ‘Looked Like Someone Who Might Commit Sexual Assault'

Quote: (07-19-2018 07:07 PM)iop890 Wrote:  

Your link is broken.

fixed, thanks.

Game saves careers.

We suffer more in our own minds than we do in reality.
-Seneca

University of Missouri?

[Image: melissa_click_c0-17-640-390_s885x516.jpg...b4402ae6c1]

As this guy had no clue about campus culture, he's probably not a very talented cultural anthropologist anyway.

Quote: (07-19-2018 07:55 PM)Akwesi Wrote:  

As this guy had no clue about campus culture

Ahh campus culture.. that magical place where anything you do can be labeled creepy, unless of course you're high SMV in which case it's labeled charming.

That being said, I don't think someone who writes a 3 page letter to some random thot is high SMV.

“Our great danger is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” ― Rollo Tomassi

Any guy who gets accused of sexual assault or rape should publicly identify as female for a start...

File this under "reasons not to act like a fucking pussy"

This bit makes me cringe:

On October 14, 2016, John gave the instructor a three-page letter “apologizing for being awkward around her, expressing sincere feelings for her, and asking [her] what if anything she wanted from Plaintiff,” according to his lawsuit.

There aren't enough facepalm gifs for this.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Let's clear some things up.

The statement made to John that he "looked like someone who might commit sex assault" was made by Salama Gallimore, who was involved in a previous and unrelated Title IX investigation that is unrelated to the case discussed by the article.

According to the article, Gallimore was not involved in the case the result in the suspension and the finding that he had violated the school's student conduct policies.

In case anyone is confused by the title of this thread or the title of the linked article, the student was not suspended for looking like someone who might commit sex assault. That was a statement made at a different time, by a different person in a different investigation that resulting in him receiving a warning about his behaviour, but was not found guilty and recieved no suspension or other consequences. That warning was related, not specifically to looking like someone who might commit sex assault, but rather a very specific incident involving statements and an invitation allegedly made to a female undergraduate student over which he was in a position of authority.

It's relevant to this case, because John is probably alleging in his lawsuit that there was an environment of discrimination towards him as a male and specifically as a black male.

But let's be clear, John was never suspended based on what he looked like. There were clear events that led to the suspension. [b]He isn't being punished for thought crimes,[b] but rather making women feel uncomfortable.

The only real question here is whether making women feel uncomfortable should be called "harassment and stalking" and be punished as a crime by school kangaroo courts and I'm fairly sure we can reach a consensus about the answer to that question.

I'm the King of Beijing!

It would be interesting to see a photo of the guy, as well as the gal he was making advances at. A picture is worth 1,000 words in this regard. From the general description, it sounds like his SMV was lower than hers. If it was higher, I doubt she would have complained.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

Quote: (07-19-2018 08:27 PM)MajorStyles Wrote:  

It would be interesting to see a photo of the guy, as well as the gal he was making advances at. A picture is worth 1,000 words in this regard. From the general description, it sounds like his SMV was lower than hers. If it was higher, I doubt she would have complained.

He's a doctoral student

She's a dance instructor

I've known and have met lots of men getting advanced degrees and while some of the guys took care of themselves, the vast majority are probably exactly what you think they look like (think serious career student).

And I've also met many women involved with dance in some serious way, either as serious enthusiasts, hobbyists, dance club members, etc. and while faces vary they're generally fit and outgoing.

Let's see what Google thinks:

[Image: attachment.jpg39542]   

[Image: attachment.jpg39543]   

I am on mobile, but this article chose to publish his name and picture:

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/46866/

Still no pictures of the dance instructor.

Meet Annalise Breaux
[Image: WNFbbw2V_400x400.jpg]

He wrote her a three (3!) page letter to explain himself and his sincere feelings for her! If this won't make an attractive girl's creep alarm go to level 11, I don't know what will.

In a civilized world, one of her more normal male friends would tell him she's not interested, and he'll get beat up if he bothers her. This would be person to person, and would be perfectly natural.

In the current bizzaro world, it's inevitable that she would report this to the university and/or the law, and his career would be ruined.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Quote: (07-19-2018 09:42 PM)Nolecbo Wrote:  

His eyes. You can see the Beta desperation. The way they turn down at the outside.

Sad.

Quote: (07-19-2018 09:59 PM)budoslavic Wrote:  

Meet Annalise Breaux

WB

Quote: (07-19-2018 09:59 PM)budoslavic Wrote:  

Meet Annalise Breaux

I'd write her a three page letter.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Cultural Anthro doctoral candidate taking a dance fitness class gets in Title IX up his ass for being a pathetic faggot. I think the oddest ingredient in this SJW stew is that the guy is actually straight.

Quote: (07-19-2018 10:40 PM)Aurini Wrote:  

Quote: (07-19-2018 09:42 PM)Nolecbo Wrote:  

His eyes. You can see the Beta desperation. The way they turn down at the outside.

Sad.

[Image: 32350117_10209606543520793_3982636767428...e=5BD4ED88]

Kinda disagree. He dating down. He looks tall and just needs a shave or clean up on that beard. That bitch looks cute for a 40 year old. She did him a favor. This dude needs a passport.

Guys with huge brains like this have no trouble abroad for the most part. He still needs to get better with game and might be Aspergers a bit, but he could do damage outside the US. Plenty women can dig a brother like this with a doctorate degree and a decent career.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

If a guy gets Title IX'ed, can he still get a passport and fly out of here?

Educated black people seem to have this delusion that they're on equal footing with women (regardless of their race), but feminism easily trumps black skin in these bullshit kangaroo courts. If you want to have a fighting chance, you better at least become a Muslim or a tranny first.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Damn, times are hard back in USA. In China, a girl like that would be struggling to get attention from foreign dudes. Looks like someone baked her and threw her in a time chamber.

Meanwhile, I'd say that guy would pass as handsome on most looks scales. He should not be writing 3-page letters to weird sloots.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (07-20-2018 02:50 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

If a guy gets Title IX'ed, can he still get a passport and fly out of here?

All this does is screw up his ability to get his degree in that school. He could still get a passport no problem. He does not have a felony conviction and no police officer would arrest him for any offense, even a misdemeanor.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.