rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lady Police Officers decided fate of citizen by coin toss

Tee hee hee - omg, you're like, under arrest!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/14/geo...shows.html

Quote:Quote:

A flip of a coin by Georgia cops determined a woman’s fate during a traffic stop in April, body camera footage showed.

The video showed Roswell police officers laughing as they used a coin-flip app to decide whether to detain Sarah Webb during a traffic stop, 11 Alive reported.

Officer Courtney Brown was heard asking Webb whether she knew how fast she was going. Webb apologized and said she was late for work, and Brown asked her to turn off the car and hand over her keys.

“The ground is wet and it’s been raining you’re going over 80 miles an hour on this type of a road. That’s reckless driving,” Brown said.

“I’m so sorry,” Webb replied.

Brown returned to her police cruiser to talk with fellow officers about whether to arrest Webb or just give her ticket.

“What do you think?” Kristee Wilson, a responding officer, was heard saying.

Brown said she “didn’t have speed detection,” but the other officer pointed out that the body camera recorded her cruiser’s speed, which would have shown how fast she was going to catch up to Webb.

Brown was then heard saying, “Hold on,” as she opens a coin-flip app on her phone. Wilson suggested that heads should mean arrest and tails should mean release. Brown agreee and flipped the coin in the app.

“A [arrest] head, R[release] tail,” Wilson said.

“OK,” Brown replied.

“This is tails, right?” Wilson asked.

“Yeah, so release?” Brown responded.

“23 [the police code for arrest],” Wilson replied.

“Michael Jordan?” Brown said while laughing. “All right, so I’ve got too fast for conditions, reckless…”

The officers decided to charge Webb with going too fast for conditions and reckless driving. Brown then arrested Webb, handcuffing her and putting her in the back of a patrol car. Webb was crying as she walked into the police cruiser. She called her employer to let her know of her arrest. Webb was not aware of the coin flip until 11 Alive obtained the video and informed her of the footage.

"Wow, these people put my freedom in the hands of a coin flip," Webb told 11 Alive. "And that's disgusting."

The charges were dropped against Webb on Monday, and the case was dismissed.

Roswell Police Chief Rusty Grant told FOX 5 Atlanta that as he soon as he found out about the incident he started an internal investigation and put Brown and Wilson on paid administrative leave. He said he could not discuss details as the investigation was ongoing.

"I have much higher expectations of our police officers and I am appalled that any law enforcement officer would trivialize the decision-making process of something as important as the arrest of a person," Grant said.

Webb said she would like to see the officers fired.

“I think they should be fired. I don’t think at all that they should be getting a paid vacation,” she said.

[Image: 1531574035561.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

What a great story. I'm actually laughing.

Quote: (07-14-2018 01:03 PM)SupaDorkLooza Wrote:  

“The ground is wet and it’s been raining you’re going over 80 miles an hour on this type of a road. That’s reckless driving,” Brown said.

Brown said she “didn’t have speed detection,” but the other officer pointed out that the body camera recorded her cruiser’s speed, which would have shown how fast she was going to catch up to Webb.

"I was driving over 80mph to catch up to you, therefore you were driving at over 80mph" - somebody failed high school physics...

"Intellectuals are naturally attracted by the idea of a planned society, in the belief that they will be in charge of it" -Roger Scruton

Brown was then heard saying, “Hold on,” as she opens a coin-flip app on her phone.

A coin flip app. This is where we're at, people.

@Matsufubu: "she".

It's always paid leave until they can brush it under the rug with these people.

Fuck the police (as an instution in 2018, plenty of great individual officers.)

WNB x 2.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Why the fuck do cops arrest somebody for speeding? Isn't a ticket enough?

Quote: (07-14-2018 01:54 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

Why the fuck do cops arrest somebody for speeding? Isn't a ticket enough?

If you're going over a certain number of miles over the speed limit you're recklessly endangering others and then it's arrest time.

Tee hee hee - omg, you're like, under arrest!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/14/geo...shows.html

A flip of a coin by Georgia cops determined a woman’s fate during a traffic stop in April, body camera footage showed.

The video showed Roswell police officers laughing as they used a coin-flip app to decide whether to detain Sarah Webb during a traffic stop, 11 Alive reported.

Officer Courtney Brown was heard asking Webb whether she knew how fast she was going. Webb apologized and said she was late for work, and Brown asked her to turn off the car and hand over her keys.

“I’m so sorry,” Webb replied.

Brown returned to her police cruiser to talk with fellow officers about whether to arrest Webb or just give her ticket.

“What do you think?” Kristee Wilson, a responding officer, was heard saying.

Brown was then heard saying, “Hold on,” as she opens a coin-flip app on her phone. Wilson suggested that heads should mean arrest and tails should mean release. Brown agreee and flipped the coin in the app.

“A [arrest] head, R[release] tail,” Wilson said.

“OK,” Brown replied.

“This is tails, right?” Wilson asked.

“Yeah, so release?” Brown responded.

“23 [the police code for arrest],” Wilson replied.

“Michael Jordan?” Brown said while laughing. “All right, so I’ve got too fast for conditions, reckless…”

The officers decided to charge Webb with going too fast for conditions and reckless driving. Brown then arrested Webb, handcuffing her and putting her in the back of a patrol car. Webb was crying as she walked into the police cruiser. She called her employer to let her know of her arrest. Webb was not aware of the coin flip until 11 Alive obtained the video and informed her of the footage.

"Wow, these people put my freedom in the hands of a coin flip," Webb told 11 Alive. "And that's disgusting."

The charges were dropped against Webb on Monday, and the case was dismissed.

Roswell Police Chief Rusty Grant told FOX 5 Atlanta that as he soon as he found out about the incident he started an internal investigation and put Brown and Wilson on paid administrative leave. He said he could not discuss details as the investigation was ongoing.

"I have much higher expectations of our police officers and I am appalled that any law enforcement officer would trivialize the decision-making process of something as important as the arrest of a person," Grant said.

Webb said she would like to see the officers fired.

“I think they should be fired. I don’t think at all that they should be getting a paid vacation,” she said.

What are these stupid little bitches doing as police in the first place? They should be making babies.

Quote: (07-14-2018 01:28 PM)ed pluribus unum Wrote:  

"I was driving over 80mph to catch up to you, therefore you were driving at over 80mph" - somebody failed high school physics...
Glad to see I’m not the only one who caught that. That’s a common police tactic. If I’m going 65 and the cop is sitting still, he has to drive much faster than 65 to catch up to me.
The woman’s mistake was admitting she was guilty even when she wasn’t. I had a cop pull that shit on me one night. He said I was doing 80/85. I flat out told him I most certainly was not moving that fast. He told me he got me on his radar. I said “yes, and you were using Ka band radar.” The look of puzzlement mixed with rage came on his face. I said “X or K band can be automatic door openers at the grocery store, but Ka band is one thing only, police radar. I knew you were out there before you ever saw me. Do you think I’m stupid enough to do 85 when my detector is showing Ka?” His reply “are you arguing with me?” Me “not at all.” Him “you better slow the hell down” and he sped off.

What I find troubling about this is that arresting normal people can be profoundly devastating to them. She could have lost her job, kids could have been taken into foster care, etc. a simple arrest can start a chain of events that can take years for someone to recover from. Even if the charges are thrown out. And these cops make it out like it’s some kind of joke. It’s like they hold anyone not in their circle with utter contempt and disregard. And they hide behind their self righteousness when called out on it. This shit is why increasing numbers of regular people dislike and mistrust them.

coin-flip app

For fuck's sake, what's wrong with an actual coin? Too much exertion compared to your usual starfish style?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

The "thin blue line."

"If you are on our side of the line you can do whatever the fuck you want, initiation is seizing $10,000 cash and power tripping on your first 100 people."

20 seconds into the recording it's obvious the bitch is power-tripping, however she can see the object of her power trip is a soccer-mom type - mileage may vary depending on who's behind the wheel.

Also, for those who are interested in this kind of thing, the entire time they're sitting in the car the two of them are staring at their little on-board computer which had to be rebooted; the person they just stopped could have been making a run for it, ditching evidence, accessing a firearm, anything. Clueless in their little bubble.

"Intellectuals are naturally attracted by the idea of a planned society, in the belief that they will be in charge of it" -Roger Scruton

Quote: (07-14-2018 02:29 PM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

coin-flip app

For fuck's sake, what's wrong with an actual coin? Too much exertion compared to your usual starfish style?

How times change.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

What's the process for arrest in concern for sitting in the car? Have one remain with the suspect and the other in car?

Wait, shouldn't the woman be happy she had a 50% chance of getting away with reckless driving?

The cops were giving her a break by even considering letting her go. Unless I'm missing something, this sounds like a case of "this is why we can't have nice things."

ACAB

Has anyone ever banged a female police officer btw? Obviously not one that`s on duty, but one you gamed etc. I wouldn`t be surprised if they`re real freaks in bed, longing to be dominated and so on. (The one`s that aren`t dykes that is) I really don`t like female police at all, but I wouldn`t mind giving a hot one some well deserved "punishment."

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory

WB, WNB

I'm the King of Beijing!

If they couldn't make up their minds on this, I'd hate to see their (in)actions at a split second life or death scenario, or a trolley problem. Good thing they can call for male backup, if they get there in time.

Quote: (07-14-2018 02:08 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Quote: (07-14-2018 01:28 PM)ed pluribus unum Wrote:  

Glad to see I’m not the only one who caught that. That’s a common police tactic. If I’m going 65 and the cop is sitting still, he has to drive much faster than 65 to catch up to me.
The woman’s mistake was admitting she was guilty even when she wasn’t. I had a cop pull that shit on me one night. He said I was doing 80/85. I flat out told him I most certainly was not moving that fast. He told me he got me on his radar. I said “yes, and you were using Ka band radar.” The look of puzzlement mixed with rage came on his face. I said “X or K band can be automatic door openers at the grocery store, but Ka band is one thing only, police radar. I knew you were out there before you ever saw me. Do you think I’m stupid enough to do 85 when my detector is showing Ka?” His reply “are you arguing with me?” Me “not at all.” Him “you better slow the hell down” and he sped off.

What I find troubling about this is that arresting normal people can be profoundly devastating to them. She could have lost her job, kids could have been taken into foster care, etc. a simple arrest can start a chain of events that can take years for someone to recover from. Even if the charges are thrown out. And these cops make it out like it’s some kind of joke. It’s like they hold anyone not in their circle with utter contempt and disregard. And they hide behind their self righteousness when called out on it. This shit is why increasing numbers of regular people dislike and mistrust them.

Post of the day.
Cops can make a mountain out of a molehill and then wonder why people attack them.

Quote: (07-14-2018 01:53 PM)RIslander Wrote:  

WNB x 2.

Meh, I would flip for it.

"Women however should get a spanking at least once a week by their husbands and boyfriends - that should be mandated by law" - Zelcorpion

Quote: (07-14-2018 01:30 PM)Matsufubu Wrote:  

Brown was then heard saying, “Hold on,” as she opens a coin-flip app on her phone.

A coin flip app. This is where we're at, people.

They aren't allowed to bring their giant suitcase purses to work.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

"Those who will not risk cannot win." -John Paul Jones