rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dealing with thoughts of not being someone wealty, famous, or remembered by anyone?

Dealing with thoughts of not being someone wealty, famous, or remembered by anyone?

I would love to be pro athlete making millions doing what I love instead of a 9-5 min wage job. How does someone deal with the thoughts of not being someone influential, famous, wealthy, remembered by anyone, or have good genetics like me?

Start a family, sire children, teach them well and teach your grandchildren too. Work to secure your family line into the future and have at least a couple of small adventures you can pass down to future generations.

In ten short years nobody is going to give a single fuck who was running-back for the Metropolis Meatheads, nor is anyone going to care about Paris Hilton the second make-up can't hide her crows feet.

Celebrity and money worship are metal sicknesses of the kind of diseased minds fostered in modern western society. Those people don't give a fuck about you, and you shouldn't give a fuck about them.

Go and find/make people who personally give a shit about you and you'll wonder what you ever saw in a future surrounded by financial and social parasites.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Do you think pro athletes will be remembered? Do you know the best charioteers in Rome in the first century?

Quote: (06-04-2018 10:33 AM)Montrose Wrote:  

Do you think pro athletes will be remembered? Do you know the best charioteers in Rome in the first century?

No but they get paid millions doing what they love with everything that comes with wealth and good genetics.

Unless you're living in a mud hut in Kenya then you are likely in the top 1% highest luxury bracket of all human existence.

Stop obsessing over shit you don't have. We have millionaires on this forum who could potentially obsess about not having access to billionaire lifestyles. It would be ridiculous, as are such complaints from anyone with food on their table, a roof over their head and access to the internet, the most advanced library in the history of mankind.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Being famous, as they say, is just another way of describing being harassed.

There was a time in my life when I was active in politics, and I got very involved in a series of campaigns. It was only after I achieved a position of a little significance that I realized it attracts the most dysfunctional hive of useless hangers-on and attention-seekers you could possibly imagine. The kind of people who expect a salary as a favor because they produce nothing and are prone to yelling "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM" because deep down, they aren't anybody.

Yes, fame has a glamorous side, but it's also toxic as hell. Doing something normal with my life so I can fuck who I want and walk around on ordinary mundane streets without things ever getting to a point where I'm a matter of public interest (and would make a lucrative #MeToo target or where some weird fucker might show up with a pistol when I take an evening stroll) was one of the wiser decisions in my life.

Ask yourself why you care what other people think of you and feel so strongly that you need them to know you exist and to approve of you. If it was about sports, you'd be content to play as a hobby. If you want money, you can certainly go make some. I can almost guarantee that whatever spiritual void you're trying to fill by wishing you had the adulation of millions of strangers - most of whom are garbage anyway - would not be addressed by being praised for running really fast, and that it'd still be a vapid existence fueled by unspoken anxieties. Fix that, not the other thing.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

I remember years andyears and years ago going through something similar to you. As a kid I wanted to be a baseball player or do something like that. I remember after high school after I didn't continue on with college sports I kind of stopped watching and following sports because it was almost kind of depressing to me I was now older than a lot of these athletes and it was just kind of a realization that life wasn't going to happen for me.

Here's a different way of thinking about this topic. Think about all the girls who go out to California and LA seeking this same dream and who wind up working as waitresses or doing Bangbus, it's actually kind of sad and a bit pathetic. Don't get me wrong chasing your dream isn't pathetic,props to people who do, but people who just clearly aren't going to make it who refuse to give up on this dream its a little pathetic to an outsider looking in.

In terms of being special or being rembered by people, you don't have to be famous to do that, help other people out, touch peoples lives, volunteer, have kids, be a good neighbor. There's some quote or phrase about your not remembered for what you had but how you made people feel or something like that. You can be a good person and affect people's lives in a positive way and leave a legacy without being a famous athlete or musician or actor

Even among famous people aside from the most vain people most of them would probably love to take the money and leave the notoriety and fame behind. Joe Rogan is a funny guy to listen to on this topic. He's a very grounded and normal guy IMHO. He talks about how its very wierd for people with any level of notoriety when someone comes up to you and knows about you and has some connection to you or relates to you yet you know nothing about them, he said its a strange feeling. Going further with that line of thinking think about how wierd it is when all eyes are on you or even any eyes.

Yesterday I was at a street festival, I'm not famous so when I had powdered sugar from my funnel cake all over my pants nobody noticed or cared, when I re-adjusted my dick in my pants nobody cared, if I picked my nose nobody gives a shit. For most of us everywhere we go were essentially anonymous and thats kinda cool, trip over a crack in the sidewalk who gives a shit. As a celebrity every little thing you do is being watched and analyzed all the time. Why would you want that?

Quote: (06-04-2018 10:40 AM)nazgul Wrote:  

Quote: (06-04-2018 10:33 AM)Montrose Wrote:  

No but they get paid millions doing what they love with everything that comes with wealth and good genetics.

I think your confusing a lot of issues. You now are talking about wealth, not notoriety. Not shit talking just trying to help you get to the bottom of what your after. So it sounds like youdon't really care about the celebrity or notoriety, you just want to make a good amount of money not within the confines of a 9 to 5?

Okay now were talking, start a business and be an Entrepreneur, while challenging much more realistic than being a celebrity

Quote: (06-04-2018 10:52 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Unless you're living in a mud hut in Kenya then you are likely in the top 1% highest luxury bracket of all human existence.

Stop obsessing over shit you don't have. We have millionaires on this forum who could potentially obsess about not having access to billionaire lifestyles. It would be ridiculous, as are such complaints from anyone with food on their table, a roof over their head and access to the internet, the most advanced library in the history of mankind.

This guy is onto it. Basically OP you have first world problems. Not saying they aren't real or your not feeling these things but this is where perspective comes in. Right now a guy is picking garbage to try to feed his family who's going to go to sleep hungry tonight. Right now a man or women is being sold into slavery and is going to be beaten and abused. Right now a kid is growing up with drug addict abusive parents and has about a 0.00001% chance of not having a horrible life.

Regardless of your situation your life is so much better than most people. Have some self awareness and perspective and try to be grateful. Every morning when you wake up and before you go to bed think about something your thanksful for or gratefulfor and something your looking forward to the next day. It will change your life.

This sounds more like a ego problem. Work on losing the ego and life will get easier and a lot more happier.

Just have kids, otherwise yeah you need to be a legend for your life to mean anything.

If you aren't going to have kids or get married, you still have options.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

At times like that, you just need to remind yourself that none of those people became super-wealthy, or famous, or pro-athletes overnight. It took years of daily hard work in tough conditions for them to reach where they are now. If you can't understand that, of course you are going to feel helpless and lost. These guys weren't magically touched by some Fortune Fairy one night and woke up being that amazing.

Pro-athletes, on the other hand, often just hit the "genetic lottery" and are born with the perfect blend of physical abilities to make them unique. Don't let that get to you - these guys are statistical outliers. Just think about the fact that you could have been born Cristiano Ronaldo...or been born malformed missing hands and feet. Both conditions are about equally as likely to have happened, and there's nothing you can do about it.

The majority of the wealthy (top 10%) got their money by working in dull-normal businesses and being frugal.

This is a book on actual research on 'the rich'

If you love baseball or making money, a career in those fields is a wise choice.

However, just being a great player or entrepreneur means very little in the grand scheme of things.

Leonard is spot on. Create real connections and fuck the rest.

Quote: (06-04-2018 10:22 AM)nazgul Wrote:  

I would love to be pro athlete making millions doing what I love instead of a 9-5 min wage job. How does someone deal with the thoughts of not being someone influential, famous, wealthy, remembered by anyone, or have good genetics like me?

Whatever your goal is, work towards it.

That's how I recommend you deal with it.

Someone's going to be living that life, why not you?

Or lower your standards.

That's how most people deal with it.

Quote: (06-04-2018 10:52 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

[Image: 5yu9za.jpg]

It's all a mindset thing. You can have a 6 figure car, but it's still just something that takes you from point A to point B. Same thing with housing, you can have a 10 bedroom house, you only need 1 comfortable bed to sleep on. There's millions of beautiful women, you can only bang 1 at a time.
I've accomplished all of these things, but whats next? Honestly, a good day for me is just doing a bit of work, hitting the gym, and have good sex. What do you want out of life? Have a party every night on your yatch small talking with lots of other rich people? Will that really be fulfilling? Even the professional athletes are constantly grinding and practicing their craft because that is what is fulfilling.

Damn. First World problems indeed!

I’ve read that everyone has a baseline level of happiness that they always default to, no matter how great or how shitty things are going for them. This is why lots of people who are, say, paralyzed or have crippling illnesses are still happy and good-natured. It’s also why people with an embarrassment of material riches or fame can be nasty, mean-spirited pricks.

I sometimes read about the “lifestyles of the rich and famous,” or CMQ’s playboy adventures around the world. But ya know what? I’m happy with my pretty normal life.

I don’t drive a Lambo. I drive a Honda. It’s paid for, reliable and doesn’t kill me at the pump.

I don’t live in a Manhattan penthouse. I live in a first-floor condo that hasn’t been remodeled since probably the 1990s, in a second-tier city.

I’m not famous, though I’m reasonably well-respected in my industry.

I’m not rich, but I’m financially stable.

I don’t vacation in Tuscany or Cannes. I mainly go to Mexico, Vegas, San Diego and Flagstaff.

I don’t have a string of HB9 plates to spin. I’m married to a cute little 7.5 ten years younger than me, who practically worships me.

I can’t bench press 350 pounds. At 46, I max out at about 235, at least if I want to do more than three reps.

My life isn’t like Richard Branson or even RVF’s own HankMoody. But you know what? I fucking love my life, have a great time, and try to appreciate every minute that’s been given to me.

I go to baseball games. I go to concerts. I go to the symphony. I go dancing. I eat good food. I go to pool parties. I throw parties for my friends. I spend time with my daughter and her husband. I mentor a younger man. I fuck my wife every day. Life is good.

Get out of your own head and jettison this stupid 21st-century Western idea that you need to be ridiculously wealthy or famous to be happy. It just isn’t so.

If you focus on doing things that improve your station in life even if it's not making millions it will likely improve the odds of it. You might not end up being millions or maybe you will. You can live in a state of opulent mediocrity like owning a renovated condo or duplex you put some work into, have a nice little pleasure boat or even a small plane. Not all luxuries cost millions or even 100's of thousands of dollars and have the same social effect as ones that do.

Naz, i've noticed that you seem to be struggling with the direction of your life based on your threads.

What is it that you want? Can you lay that out?

If you aren't sure about that, then think about the things that make you genuinely happy. I guarantee that the things that make you happy have nothing to do with fame or wealth.

Being remembered is a lot easier than you think it is. What do you do to help others? A useful, helpful man is rarely forgotten by those around him. You can say that times 1000 if he is a man with a family.

If you earnest in your desire for fame and wealth, then you'll get cracking at something that will help you arrive at those two "destinations," but I do wonder where you got the idea that you needed to be famous and extravagently wealthy.

First and foremost, you should consider what sort of legacy you're leaving behind based on your day-to-day actions. One thing I can guarantee is that you aren't going to leave much of a legacy is you let these questions about your life drive you into despair.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (06-04-2018 01:55 PM)superiorClimber Wrote:  

At times like that, you just need to remind yourself that none of those people became super-wealthy, or famous, or pro-athletes overnight. It took years of daily hard work in tough conditions for them to reach where they are now. If you can't understand that, of course you are going to feel helpless and lost. These guys weren't magically touched by some Fortune Fairy one night and woke up being that amazing.

Pro-athletes, on the other hand, often just hit the "genetic lottery" and are born with the perfect blend of physical abilities to make them unique. Don't let that get to you - these guys are statistical outliers. Just think about the fact that you could have been born Cristiano Ronaldo...or been born malformed missing hands and feet. Both conditions are about equally as likely to have happened, and there's nothing you can do about it.

While having some height and some genetics definitely goes a long way to help these guys still bust their asses. I just happenned to see this meme yesterday and came to mind when I saw your comment.

[Image: cristiano-ronaldo-at-15-years-old-i-told...t-19076781]

Fame is just a currency that can be traded for sex. Nothing more.

Quote: (06-05-2018 12:49 PM)Qanon Wrote:  

Fame is just a currency that can be traded for sex. Nothing more.

Something for OP to think about. I personally think many people want fame and money but in reality fame and money are bullshit, in and of themselves they are meaningless.

Why does Op want to be famous? Probably not for the sake of being famous, probably to fuck chicks or because it comes with money or to feel validated. I'd get to the bottom of what OP thinks fame or notoriety will bring. While likely won't be famous you probably can get whatever biproduct of fame you are chasing

Quote: (06-04-2018 09:16 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

Naz, i've noticed that you seem to be struggling with the direction of your life based on your threads.

What is it that you want? Can you lay that out?

If you aren't sure about that, then think about the things that make you genuinely happy. I guarantee that the things that make you happy have nothing to do with fame or wealth.

Being remembered is a lot easier than you think it is. What do you do to help others? A useful, helpful man is rarely forgotten by those around him. You can say that times 1000 if he is a man with a family.

If you earnest in your desire for fame and wealth, then you'll get cracking at something that will help you arrive at those two "destinations," but I do wonder where you got the idea that you needed to be famous and extravagently wealthy.

First and foremost, you should consider what sort of legacy you're leaving behind based on your day-to-day actions. One thing I can guarantee is that you aren't going to leave much of a legacy is you let these questions about your life drive you into despair.

Dealing with existential crisis trying to find meaning and a career.