rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Direct Day Game Fail (Videos)

This is what happens to the average guy when he goes direct on the streets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feSEbvDhW7o

Roosh is right. Indirect is the way to go.

When you're direct, there's a definite line between "needy" and "bold." This guy doesn't have the confidence to back up his statements to sound bold in an alpha way. "But you'll miss us getting coffee" said in his dejected way sounds so lame.

This is getting scary... and it is getting into Brazil as well... frightening.

"Hi, hi, how are you? I found you all pretty and wanted to meet one of you."

Look at their reaction.

Quote: (09-24-2011 07:42 PM)Mace Wrote:  

This is what happens to the average guy when he goes direct on the streets.

Roosh is right. Indirect is the way to go.

God that was horrible. His voice sounds so monotone and dull. He goes up to a girl and says "hey" but without any expression or feeling. I watched the whole thing hoping he would change up his game and get at least one success but unfortunately for him no.

Had nothing to do with them doing direct, they just sucked period. Plus it was too half assed to even be called direct. The first video with the women on the street...his frame was weak plus the way he first said stuff lacked any emotion. His frame was saying "Don't leave, i still gotta keep talking to you" vs "i choose you and we're going to talk".

The second approach, they seemed like cunts to begin with...plus they weren't even attractive lol. BUT, he seemed to act needy. I didn't sense any confidence or self assurance from him. He prolly wasn't even into them.

They could've done indirect and they still would've failed. Its having faith in how you open. Direct or indirect isn't the issue.

I've a feeling the women had no interest in being chatted up from
the outset.

London has a lot of day game wannabe PUAs and I imagine these women get pestered quite a bit.

This is the danger that lies in day game becoming mainstream.

Is London sarged out?

Watching those videos were...painful.

Go get yourself a copy of DayBang.

Quote:Quote:

Had nothing to do with them doing direct, they just sucked period. Plus it was too half assed to even be called direct.

+1

The guy came off as being extremely needy. He practically clings onto women, begging them to stay or talk with him longer.

The guy needs to have some more confidence, better body language, speak with authority, stop exhuming neediness, stop seeking validation from women, stop asking so many personal questions, and just plain have game.

Hello.

I had some successes with going direct during the day last summer, though after I switched to indirect this summer my success rate increased.

Quote: (09-25-2011 02:47 AM)Mace Wrote:  

Is London sarged out?

Big cities like London, Berlin, New York, Barcelona, whatever, will never be sarged out. Firstly, these cities are huge in terms of population, secondly there is a constant stream of female travellers/tourists coming in each weekend who haven't been exposed to the local PUAs previously.

I just cant do day game. Atleast on the street when people are walking and going places.

I have found unless you look like brad pitt females generally dont wanna be pestered while they are walking / running errands.

Night game is SOO much easier for me. Half the time females open & try to run game on me.

Quote: (09-25-2011 02:47 AM)Mace Wrote:  

I've a feeling the women had no interest in being chatted up from
the outset.

London has a lot of day game wannabe PUAs and I imagine these women get pestered quite a bit.

This is the danger that lies in day game becoming mainstream.

Is London sarged out?

Oh come on dude, really? You can't blame "PUAs" for "ruining" cities, it's just bad game or "wrong game." MOST women have no interest in knowingly being approached during the day, that's the whole point of day game. "Oh god, is this guy hitting on me? How do I get rid of him?" That's what most girls are thinking when your average guy directly approaches a girl.

You have to generate that interest, and direct approaches like those above don't do that. That said, there are far more guys out there (who aren't "PUA" wannabes) with no concept of game that talk to women naturally during the day all the time... with varying degrees of success. What women really want is for it to seem like it just happened. That's where indirect game comes in.

Personally, my best takeaways during the day have been those were I wasn't hitting on (direct) a girl to begin with, before I'd even discovered game. Yet another reason to use Roosh's day game model. Don't scare the cat!

In the second video, the guy was obviously going to get blown up. Approaching 4 young girls ON their phones in front of a McDonalds? What a joke. Would you even do that at night?

I have found unless you look like brad pitt females generally dont wanna be pestered while they are walking / running errands.

When have you ever known a girl to know what she wants? They don't even know what color handbag they prefer, much less when they want to be talked to. Girls watch these Sex and the City shows and fantasize about being romantically swooped by a man, yet when it's happening in reality they freak out. Women are clueless as to what they really desire.

Day Game is all about swooping in under that radar undetected, so she doesn't know your true intentions until you're banging her six ways from sunday in your apartment. In a lot of ways it's more ideal for approaches than night game. The only problem is you still have to go through the whole "number -> date" song and dance.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Its kinda hard to swoop under the radar on the street when a target is moving.

Your intentions will be known within a minute.

How does one swoop under the radar on a moving target?

Only way I can think of is to ask about some place / thing in the area. Then after that your gonna have to switch it up to keep the target locked. And when you do she will know your trying to hollar at her and the common resistance/reject mode will kick in.

I would love to go with someone and see their success rate opening moving targets on a street.

Quote: (09-25-2011 06:31 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Its kinda hard to swoop under the radar on the street when a target is moving.

Your intentions will be known within a minute.

How does one swoop under the radar on a moving target?

Only way I can think of is to ask about some place / thing in the area. Then after that your gonna have to switch it up to keep the target locked. And when you do she will know your trying to hollar at her and the common resistance/reject mode will kick in.

I would love to go with someone and see their success rate opening moving targets on a street.

You have the right idea, but this is where most guys miss the point.

You're not hollering at her, you're having a conversation remember? No, it's not going to work 100% of the time for any number of reasons... but an indirect strategy (i.e. asking for directions or "elderly chat" [Image: banana.gif]) usually keeps her from realizing your true intentions (like I mentioned above). Are you going to tell me that you've never had a conversation with a stranger (female) that you met during the day? Maybe you were stopped at a crosswalk waiting for the light and for whatever reason started talking to a girl? Maybe you even ended up continuing the conversation while you walked down the street. Even when I had no concept of game, I had experiences like these.

That's exactly the kind of interaction you're creating with day game. If it seems forced, she'll know and your average guy will then usually get blown out. It's up to you to keep the interaction going without her thinking you're just "hollering." Once she's comfortable enough with you though, she won't care. If you go up to a chick and yell out "hey shortie how you doin?" of course you're going to get shut down. Black guys aren't exactly notorious for their day game expertise (aka cat calling). Learn from 80 year olds instead. [Image: lol.gif]

Direct game is something you try after mastering indirect.

Direct has its uses, but for newbies, it's way too advanced. Day Bang is intended for day game newbies.

And when you do she will know your trying to hollar at her and the common resistance/reject mode will kick in.

That's the point of elderly chat, and why the "reject mode" never kicks in. You won't be making the chat personal until she shows interest. This is the power of Day Bang's method.

For moving targets I would feel more comfortable going indirect but as Dash says... the transition would be painfully obvious. Direct is more likely to scare the cat but getting a random stranger interested in you in the middle of the day is a real game of chance anyway... so you might as well go direct - whatever your line might be.

Quote: (09-25-2011 07:13 AM)Richie Wrote:  

For moving targets I would feel more comfortable going indirect but as Dash says... the transition would be painfully obvious. Direct is more likely to scare the cat but getting a random stranger interested in you in the middle of the day is a real game of chance anyway... so you might as well go direct - whatever your line might be.

What transition, to a venue right then and there? If your conversational skills are decent and you can ramble, there's no reason for her to think you're up to anything at all. "It just happened." If you've won her over already (later in the conversation) and she asks, "Were you just using that question so you could talk to me?", it won't matter.

you have to have some damn good tight game for day game to not be in the red. thats just for not getting shut-down. not even talking about getting a day 2 or fuck from it. that compounds the numbers even lower.

i havent seen hardly anyone that is at that skill level.

99% of daygame vids online are just painful to watch.

anyone know some vids of guys running tight street game?

Quote: (09-25-2011 07:26 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

you have to have some damn good tight game for day game to not be in the red. thats just for not getting shut-down. not even talking about getting a day 2 or fuck from it. that compounds the numbers even lower.

I don't really watch videos unless they're posted here. Street game is probably the toughest of all day game though. Luckily, the street isn't the only place you can find girls during the day.

Dash: Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that your analysis of day game is purely theory and what you've seen online. How many approaches have you done during the day? Unless you've been in the field, I don't think you can truly understand the nuances of day game and what makes a model successful or not.

Quote: (09-25-2011 07:37 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Dash: Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that your analysis of day game is purely theory and what you've seen online. How many approaches have you done during the day? Unless you've been in the field, I don't think you can truly understand the nuances of day game and what makes a model successful or not.

I have done my fair share and the results were not satisfactory. Atleast by my standards. Same results for all my friends as well. Thats why im a pretty big skeptic. Im talking about mainly street game. The other day game isnt nearly as hard or advanced in my opinion. I think only a small percentage of men have that tight of game (smoothness, wittiness, ect) to get a decent ROI from street approaches.

Thats why this topic intrigues me.

I wanna see some video of someone running tight street game.

As Gman pointed out this is prob the toughest of all day game (id say all game in general) and I would certainly concur.

I've tried out a cold approach "sexual" opener only once.

I've seen a tall, slender black chick walking fast on a public square, and approached her from aside.

My Opener was like this:

"Excuse me, I know that this is unusual, and I haven't told this any strange woman before, but... you have really sexy lips!"

She laughed and answered: "Where's the hidden camera?"

I transitioned away from the opener with a small coldread, and we were flirting for about ten minutes.

After ten minutes I tried to get her on an instant date, but I failed this time. She told me she was enjoying the talk with me, but she has a boyfriend. [Image: cry.gif]

Quote: (09-25-2011 07:28 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

Quote: (09-25-2011 07:26 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

I don't really watch videos unless they're posted here. Street game is probably the toughest of all day game though. Luckily, the street isn't the only place you can find girls during the day.

Approaching during the day is all about target acquisition. For example, the hottest girl I saw in San Salvador was in the mall. 6'0", blond, green eyed, and an amazing body. When she got close she sped up and made it painfully obvious by looking away she didn't want to be approached. Did I try to stop her? Hells no. Why bother? In another scenario, maybe.

Attire is extremely important during day game. Daytime is business time. Don't dress like a Jersey Shore douche or like you just left the club. Don't be a try hard. Calibrate your attire like you have a purpose. Nice jeans and a blazer. Or suit w/out tie. It makes it look like you have a purpose.

I hate cold approaching. But there are some things no book in the world will teach you. It takes lots of real world experience to read women. And this is key during the day. Whether it be a cashier, pedestrian, or shopper.

I dress and carry myself in a way that women like. It makes the approach easier. Shit, if I see any semblance of an IOI, then I approach. I'd be a fool not to. Sometimes it pays to go super indirect.

Another example. Just before the San Salvador trip, I stopped into the Mall of Georgia for a last minute wardrobe check. Went into Lucky Brand and started spitting crazy shock and awe game at the cute black chick. She was married, but I was in the mood to torment someone. The blond associate was ignoring me. After 20 minutes she gave in. I had filled that time with stories of exotic travel, food, chasing hot women, ect. At the register she walked up and literally bent over putting her face on the hoodie I purchased saying, "OMG, I love how soft this is. I could snuggle with it all day." She said this while staring at me with her ass poked out. It don't get anymore obvious. Any line would have worked at that point. She was only a 6, so I passed.

Point is Dash, there are many opportunities during the day. Check girls window shopping, drinking coffee, in line anywhere, ect. Catch them off guard. You have to do it enough to where it feels natural, and totally casual.

Aliba,

Your approach is similar to mine. I like your term target acquisition. I model all my game after this.

I hardly NEVER do cold approaches. I sit back and wait for the IOI's to start coming in. I have an INSANELY high ROI. And almost never get shut down.

Like I pointed out im strictly talking about cold approaches in the street with a moving target.

All the other day game stuff is pretty routine ie coffe shop, waiting in line, ect.

Funny thing is being in Korea is forcing me out of my comfort zone and MAKING me do cold approaches at night because girls simply do not give off hardly any IOI's.

Here's the mindset of a man doing direct day game: "I'm ballsy. I'm a man. I'm going to make my intentions known. She'll get wet for me cuz I'm so ALPHA." 

Here's what the woman is thinking: "Eww... creep. Go away."

Direct day game doesn't work for the average-looking guy. This is especially true in the feminized Anglosphere where strange men are assumed to be creeps and potential rapists. A balls-out direct opener works best on non-feminist women (Eastern Europeans, foreign-born Asians) who still respect masculinity. 

When direct day game PUA Krauser ran his direct style of street game in London he got shut down hard by the local English girls. When he switched his targets to Polish girls and Russians and foreign Asians he had much more success - coincidence?

Indirect game may seem sly and underhanded but I prefer to take the path of least resistance. I'm sticking with what gets me laid more. If you're an average-looking guy the last thing you want is for the woman to make a split-second decision based on your only metric for value - your looks -  and shut you down. You'd better charm her with your wit, your personality, your stories, make her laugh, make her associate you with positive emotions. If she likes you at the end, she'll forgive you for whatever underhanded techniques you uses to strike up a conversation. 

Quote: (09-25-2011 08:10 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Quote: (09-25-2011 07:37 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I have done my fair share and the results were not satisfactory. Atleast by my standards. Same results for all my friends as well. Thats why im a pretty big skeptic. Im talking about mainly street game. The other day game isnt nearly as hard or advanced in my opinion. I think only a small percentage of men have that tight of game (smoothness, wittiness, ect) to get a decent ROI from street approaches.

Thats why this topic intrigues me.

I wanna see some video of someone running tight street game.

As Gmac pointed out this is prob the toughest of all day game (id say all game in general) and I would certainly concur.

Factors that make street game so much more difficult:

*Time - Women in motion are often closed to any interaction because they have to be somewhere, especially during commutes -- you might only have a few seconds before you're shut out for reasons beyond your control.
*Ego - A lot of women see men in public as inferior unknowns, strangers until proven otherwise (given the amount of betas out there you can hardly blame them).
*Increased Guard - Highest of all the venues for day game, much due to fear (cat calling, homeless people, etc.) - You can blame the media in the US too.
*Vulnerability - Women can't get away with being a bitch as easily in public. Both genders are on more equal ground and women aren't as comfortable with this.

I don't know what you could learn from a video except what not to say. Most of street game is timing and luck. If you're a good conversationalist and can turn off the player vibe it just turns into a numbers game like anything else.