rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Moving to Medellin, Columbia.. Advice needed.

If you've read my 'learning Spanish' thread you'll have seen that I want to move somewhere Spanish speaking. To truely learn the language and culture, plus I have a huge thing for Latinos! I've settled on Medellin so hoping you guys can tell me all you know...

I was thinking about finding an apartment on air B and B for when I get there and see how that goes. What's a good area to base myself in?
I'll be flying in around mid August time. Im teaching English in China at the moment and hoping to pick up some teaching English online that will get me By living in Medellin. What's it like cost wise there?

Advice from where to stay to gaming local birds would be much appreciated!

I moved to Medellin last year. Very happy with how everything turned out. I suggest getting a pad in Poblado not to far up the hill. Ave Poblado south of parque poblado if you have the funds, cuidad del rio if your on a budget. Laureles around estadio would be a close second.

I can't speak for Medellin but I am in the online English game at the moment. If you want to pm me I could try and give you a reference for where I work now.

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

Quote: (05-19-2018 11:24 AM)Prince Charming Wrote:  

I moved to Medellin last year. Very happy with how everything turned out. I suggest getting a pad in Poblado not to far up the hill. Ave Poblado south of parque poblado if you have the funds, cuidad del rio if your on a budget. Laureles around estadio would be a close second.

I would be interested how you (or other forum members) handle Colombian taxes.

- individual wealth tax
- presumptive tax

Especially those two are a pain in the ass if you have some money.

Will you be teaching English there ? Just wondering what type of visa you are using, as visitors visa only run up to 90 days (or 180) in a year.

You will love it down there, work on that Spanish ahead of time , and get a tutor when you get there. So key for getting girls. Yes there are lots of beautiful chicks who speak English, but its hard to stay in the alpha zone when you can't read or speak Spanish recently - say at a restaurant, bar, or elsewhere.

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin

Not game related, but how safe do you guys feel down there? I know a guy who was there last year for a while and he said he almost got mugged twice. Wrong place, wrong time or does it happen often?

If it won't matter in 30 years, it doesn't matter now.

My thoughts and memoirs: yourfriendtrent.wordpress.com

Cheers! I'll look into those areas now. Would you suggest air b&b over finding an actual apartment at first? Saves deposit etc?

I'm having an hour minimum a day of online tutoring as well as watching Spanish shows etc so hoping to have a basic understanding by the time I get there. Spanish tutor while there sounds a great idea, any idea what cost these run?

VISA wise I'll have to look into it but working online should make things slight easier I'm hoping.