rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you were given 5k to invest in crypto

What coin(s) would you allocate the funding to?

How would you break up the 5k?

Madison, WI Datasheet

Truth is like poetry. And most people fucking hate poetry.

All in on Ven.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Go all in on bitcoin cash.

That’s what you get for asking instead of doing your own research.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Chainlink, iExec RLC, and Zilliqa. If those three coins live up to their potential with 5k you'd be a very wealthy man. That being said they aren't as sure as bets as some other coins that are already more established but risk/reward, and potential make it worth it.

Do your own research man. Nobody knows. I see these questions asked all the time on all the crypto Facebook pages.
Depends what you want of course. If you want ''safe'' investments in crypto go into BTC, ETH, ICON, VEN, OMG, NEO etc....

I am mainly skipping the top 100 and going for low cap gems. Market is going down now, so do a couple of days of research and probably you can get in at a lower price than today.

Quote: (05-17-2018 10:20 PM)hooked_on_tonics Wrote:  

What coin(s) would you allocate the funding to?

How would you break up the 5k?

I would go 100% into Coinvest.
It will launch next week on exchanges. Note, the market cap is only around 5 million right now. Give it until Q1 2019 and this will be 10x.

Otherwise, I could also recommend you CPC or POA, but by all means, do your own research.

Mannbibel - Meistgelesener Artikel: Dominiere deine Freundin im Bett
Die Rückkehr der Männlichkeit - a german blog written by Ray

Would buy as much marketing as I could and ICO.

Think we are about half-way on the upslope of this goldrush. It's a great time to sell shovels and claims.

Most of these coins are used for virtually nothing at the moment, so it's very speculative. These are what I would consider.

IMO

Safest, but you're not likely to have insane gains compared to something low cap that can explode:

Ethereum: I would say this has the most adoption given that 100s of coin are built on the platform and people need to hold ETH in their wallets to do transactions in all their tokens. It's also been gaining as a trading pair as you can transfer ETH between exchanges in about 3 minutes whereas BTC will take more than 2 hours.

Of the major coins most likely to FOMO I would go with EOS. But that's pure speculation. They have built a lot of buzz and given themselves a good billing, but if it flops when they make their release then it's going to be a bad buy.

Steem - token for a widely used social media platform (real demand). It's been a staple of the top 40 or so coins for some time.

BAT - Another token that has some limited real, current use. It's not much, but a lot more than most other coins.

KuCoin Shares - Pays something like a 5-10% annual dividend from their trading fees. If the exchange can grow it will be a solid investment, if it fails then you're in big losses.

Decentraland - Crypto game platform; seems like a very professional team and has garnered a lot of attention. Not released.

MYST - Unreleased crypto VPN. Very solid team and backing. Low cap sleeper.

Cryptopay - This pays monthly dividends out of a well established company's revenue. I bought a bunch a 4 cents, which at current will net something like 15% in dividends. Very undervalued compared to much of the junk in the top 200.

The issue is that most coins are barely used and often don't have a working product. You're buying under the belief that the project will garner adoption. And so far there is little adoption for any coin. We're cluttered with ETH clones and lot of coin doing the same thing. At this stage I think it's best to stick to projects that will be adopted by tech and finance. Something like a blockchain for elderly care management is not going to be the first crypto success.

Higher risk buys:

1K Cryptopay
1K Decentraland
500 MYST
500 Steem
500 ETH
500 EOS
1K mixed: OMG, KNC, Sia, Golem, BAT, KuCoin

Lower risk:

2K ETH
1K Steem
1K BTC
1K mixed: the rest

The next question is the entry point. Right now I am bearish, but based on what I trade on it's murky. I generally make trades on 1W MACD. You don't get many trades on that, but they're safe and pivotal. It started turning over on about 17 Dec 2017, so I sold everything (100%) at around $18K BTC; made an arbitration buying in a wedge in January (lost about 25%); bought in 100% around 1 April when 1W MACD +50X margin long; killed the long at $8K and cashed out 95% at about $9K.

Now, we're looking at going down. I think it will very likely go back to $7K over the next week and my longer term sentiment is that the movements up and down will get smaller and we'll move towards dribbling down with a few anemic pumps. If it breaks $6K I expect it to test $4K and at the lowest $2K. If that plays out you don't want to buy now. And it probably won't FOMO as soon as it bottoms.

Last year I bought a lot of coins that did really well like EOS and SAN, both about 30X and a lot of anemic stuff like AVT, TIME and HumanIQ. Overall I estimate that my attempts to pick winners didn't outperform the market by much. This was because I was looking at a bunch of metrics that probably should mean something, but in this irrational market don't. All that really matters in terms of getting on a major pump is the craze.

Last year I saw threads pop up here for RaiBlocks and VEN. They were getting buzz everywhere else. I didn't pay any attention. RaiBlocks sounded like junk. But if you ever see that FOMO craze pop up, that is your buy point.

This time round (April) I bought these craze coins like Decentrland, AELF, Monaco, KNC and outperformed the market considerably.

Probably would:

1K BTC
1K ETH
1K mining (mining contracts or mining tokens)
500 IOTA
500 KCS
250 UTK
250 Oyster Protocol

The remaining 500 would split into something more risky like COSS, Lending Block, DADI, DENT etc

Create weighted index fund of top 10-15

A basket of small cap coins like Aventus.

I have set aside something close to that amount and am waiting for BTC to drop below 5K before I buy 1BTC. I'm then going to spread it among 2 or 3 coins which I think can 10x by the end of the year. One of those is Vechain. The others I've not identified yet.

Appreciate the responses so far, sorry if the question rubbed some of you the wrong way.

I can assure you I've done my own research and have in fact been invested for a while now (mostly ETH & large cap), but am looking at a second (perhaps more aggressive) round of investing in the near future and noticed the crypto section has been slow recently so wanted to stir up some discussion.

Some very interesting picks so far.

Madison, WI Datasheet

Truth is like poetry. And most people fucking hate poetry.

Quote: (05-18-2018 05:32 AM)gework Wrote:  

Most of these coins are used for virtually nothing at the moment, so it's very speculative. These are what I would consider.

IMO

Safest, but you're not likely to have insane gains compared to something low cap that can explode:

Ethereum: I would say this has the most adoption given that 100s of coin are built on the platform and people need to hold ETH in their wallets to do transactions in all their tokens. It's also been gaining as a trading pair as you can transfer ETH between exchanges in about 3 minutes whereas BTC will take more than 2 hours.

Of the major coins most likely to FOMO I would go with EOS. But that's pure speculation. They have built a lot of buzz and given themselves a good billing, but if it flops when they make their release then it's going to be a bad buy.

Steem - token for a widely used social media platform (real demand). It's been a staple of the top 40 or so coins for some time.

BAT - Another token that has some limited real, current use. It's not much, but a lot more than most other coins.

KuCoin Shares - Pays something like a 5-10% annual dividend from their trading fees. If the exchange can grow it will be a solid investment, if it fails then you're in big losses.

Decentraland - Crypto game platform; seems like a very professional team and has garnered a lot of attention. Not released.

MYST - Unreleased crypto VPN. Very solid team and backing. Low cap sleeper.

Cryptopay - This pays monthly dividends out of a well established company's revenue. I bought a bunch a 4 cents, which at current will net something like 15% in dividends. Very undervalued compared to much of the junk in the top 200.

The issue is that most coins are barely used and often don't have a working product. You're buying under the belief that the project will garner adoption. And so far there is little adoption for any coin. We're cluttered with ETH clones and lot of coin doing the same thing. At this stage I think it's best to stick to projects that will be adopted by tech and finance. Something like a blockchain for elderly care management is not going to be the first crypto success.

Higher risk buys:

1K Cryptopay
1K Decentraland
500 MYST
500 Steem
500 ETH
500 EOS
1K mixed: OMG, KNC, Sia, Golem, BAT, KuCoin

Lower risk:

2K ETH
1K Steem
1K BTC
1K mixed: the rest

The next question is the entry point. Right now I am bearish, but based on what I trade on it's murky. I generally make trades on 1W MACD. You don't get many trades on that, but they're safe and pivotal. It started turning over on about 17 Dec 2017, so I sold everything (100%) at around $18K BTC; made an arbitration buying in a wedge in January (lost about 25%); bought in 100% around 1 April when 1W MACD +50X margin long; killed the long at $8K and cashed out 95% at about $9K.

Now, we're looking at going down. I think it will very likely go back to $7K over the next week and my longer term sentiment is that the movements up and down will get smaller and we'll move towards dribbling down with a few anemic pumps. If it breaks $6K I expect it to test $4K and at the lowest $2K. If that plays out you don't want to buy now. And it probably won't FOMO as soon as it bottoms.

Last year I bought a lot of coins that did really well like EOS and SAN, both about 30X and a lot of anemic stuff like AVT, TIME and HumanIQ. Overall I estimate that my attempts to pick winners didn't outperform the market by much. This was because I was looking at a bunch of metrics that probably should mean something, but in this irrational market don't. All that really matters in terms of getting on a major pump is the craze.

Last year I saw threads pop up here for RaiBlocks and VEN. They were getting buzz everywhere else. I didn't pay any attention. RaiBlocks sounded like junk. But if you ever see that FOMO craze pop up, that is your buy point.

This time round (April) I bought these craze coins like Decentrland, AELF, Monaco, KNC and outperformed the market considerably.

gold post here

I'm also a KCS holder, I really like the coin and the way they pay the dividends. Enjoying so far. If it goes below $2,50 I will buy more.

Now about cryptopay: Seems to be a solid project. Are you an user? do you have the card?

You said 'invest' so I assume you mean long-term

4K BCH
1K ETH

1. Not XRP
2. A bit here and there for a pump and dump.
3. ETH

BITCONNNNNECTTTT

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Ethereum 60%
Monero 20%
xlm 20%

hold for at least 2 years

Quote: (05-18-2018 08:11 AM)the_ox Wrote:  

Now about cryptopay: Seems to be a solid project. Are you an user? do you have the card?

Yes, they were the largest BTC debit card issuer by some distance, but bar CoinBase's card (US only) all debit cards have been terminated by all companies as they all used the same middle-man, which was banned by VISA.

The only way you can easily get your crypto onto a card now is via GoldMoney, where you can deposit BTC and ETH, convert it to gold and load it on to a debit card. Issue is they are heavy on KYC.

I knew a guy who is very high on privacy concerns who used Cryptopay cards last year as you could get annon ones for up to 2,500 EUR and he had no issues.

Right now they have other lines of business, like buying BTC by card.

One issue is that the monthly dividend has declined each month, due to the declining market for BTC. The first payout was 8 euros per 10K tokens, then 6 euros, then 2.

On the speculative side, if they get their card program back (they say it will be soon) that should turbo charge the dividens. I don't think it would be unreasonable to get a 100%+ yield if buying now and they return as a major/top card provider.

Another to consider is TenX. I had one of their cards and it was brilliant as it had very low fees. If you are using your card abroad you are probably getting shanked 5% in FX and other fees, but with TenX there is no FX fee. Their token (PAY) has a dividend, but I don't know the specifics and I think that token needs to come down in price a bit to be a attractive buy.

Thanks gework, very good piece of information!

I think BTC has a compounded annual return of 212%. Maybe hedge it with some ETH, maybe XMR.

$1.000 -> BTC
$1.250 -> ETH
$875 -> IOTA
$625 -> XMR
$625 -> XRP
$625 -> NEO

Why I would bet on each currency:

BTC: First mover advantage and highest adaption rate of all cryptocurrencies.
ETH: Probably going to be the standard for smart contracts in the future.
IOTA: Could become for important for the IoT and Industry 4.0 - also, no transaction costs. Will probably become huge if the technology proves to be secure against attacks.
XMR: I predict XMR will be THE privacy coin.
XRP: Already used by some big international banks - could eventually replace the outdated SWIFT protocol for international banking transactions.
NEO: Could be big in China due to its psuedo-centralized nature which could appeal to the Chinese government.

All ETH when its ~$400 again.

All stellar (XLM). Stellar is everything Ripple should be (and more)

I would say now would be a good time to do research. Don't invest all in once, since changes are that you can buy cheaper next week.