rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Russia is first country to use armed land robot in military battle

It's a little robot with a gun attached that is controlled remotely.

Quote:Quote:

Russia operatives used an armed robot in a gunfight that left 11 jihadists dead - as they try to stamp out extremism ahead of the World Cup.

Counter-terrorism forces engaged extremists in the volatile Islamic region of Dagestan over several days.

Dramatic footage shows police marksman firing on a house from an armored vehicle.

A compact armed robot is seen approaching the property to engage the jihadists.

The bullet-ridden bodies of six men were later shown in pictures released by investigative authorities.

Video and audio recordings taken by the robot reveal the voices of rebels shouting 'Allahu Akbar', followed by an explosion, it was reported.

The men were also believed to have been waving a jihadist flag.

Derbent, where the video was filmed, is just 590 miles southeast of Volgograd, where England will play their opening World Cup qualifying group game.

The FSB security service has indicated terrorism is the main threat to the World Cup.

'Guns, bullets, knives and grenades were discovered at the scene,' said a statement from the Russian Investigative Committee, which probes serious crime.

A hand made bomb, equal in power to five kilograms of TNT, was discovered before the house went up in flames.

[Image: 4BBA357300000578-5677705-An_armed_robot_...642717.jpg]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-dead.html

Outside of war, these will probably be used by U.S. police to serve warrants. They already used a kamikaze bomb robot to kill a shooter in Dallas.

Maybe they will eventually look like this...

And in related news, the Pentagon has self-driving abilities that is superior to what is available on the consumer market.

Forget Uber, Waymo and Tesla: the next big name in self-driving vehicles could be the Pentagon.

“We’re going to have self-driving vehicles in theater for the Army before we’ll have self-driving cars on the streets,” Michael Griffin, the undersecretary of defense for research and engineering, told lawmakers at a hearing on Capitol Hill this month. “But the core technologies will be the same.”

The stakes for the military are high. According to Griffin, 52 percent of casualties in combat zones can been attributed to military personnel delivering food, fuel and other logistics. Removing people from that equation with systems run on artificial intelligence could reduce injuries and deaths significantly, he added.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/...g-vehicles

So when can I join the skitarii legion?

[Image: IMG_0291-1.png]

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

Quote: (05-04-2018 10:00 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

It's a little robot with a gun attached that is controlled remotely.

Russia operatives used an armed robot in a gunfight that left 11 jihadists dead - as they try to stamp out extremism ahead of the World Cup.

Counter-terrorism forces engaged extremists in the volatile Islamic region of Dagestan over several days.

Dramatic footage shows police marksman firing on a house from an armored vehicle.

A compact armed robot is seen approaching the property to engage the jihadists.

The bullet-ridden bodies of six men were later shown in pictures released by investigative authorities.

Video and audio recordings taken by the robot reveal the voices of rebels shouting 'Allahu Akbar', followed by an explosion, it was reported.

The men were also believed to have been waving a jihadist flag.

Derbent, where the video was filmed, is just 590 miles southeast of Volgograd, where England will play their opening World Cup qualifying group game.

The FSB security service has indicated terrorism is the main threat to the World Cup.

'Guns, bullets, knives and grenades were discovered at the scene,' said a statement from the Russian Investigative Committee, which probes serious crime.

A hand made bomb, equal in power to five kilograms of TNT, was discovered before the house went up in flames.

[Image: 4BBA357300000578-5677705-An_armed_robot_...642717.jpg]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-dead.html

Outside of war, these will probably be used by U.S. police to serve warrants. They already used a kamikaze bomb robot to kill a shooter in Dallas.

Maybe they will eventually look like this...

And in related news, the Pentagon has self-driving abilities that is superior to what is available on the consumer market.

Forget Uber, Waymo and Tesla: the next big name in self-driving vehicles could be the Pentagon.

“We’re going to have self-driving vehicles in theater for the Army before we’ll have self-driving cars on the streets,” Michael Griffin, the undersecretary of defense for research and engineering, told lawmakers at a hearing on Capitol Hill this month. “But the core technologies will be the same.”

The stakes for the military are high. According to Griffin, 52 percent of casualties in combat zones can been attributed to military personnel delivering food, fuel and other logistics. Removing people from that equation with systems run on artificial intelligence could reduce injuries and deaths significantly, he added.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/...g-vehicles

Good luck not paying your taxes or child support etc. in the future.

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory

I have always been of opinion that military in reality is 50 years ahead of civilians. That figure is also frequently quoted on the net. Now, we have a small RC robot with a gun. Could we say that this is a just a simple stuff? What I think is that what we will see being used in the wars to come makes this little robot look like a Wall-E when compared.

I think it's a grim future. Expect future of totally anonymous robots killing civilians as
1. Terrorism
2. False flags
3. Cleaning house from thought criminals

and no one taking responsibility about these robots who have no face, no language, no nationality and no creed doing absolutely horrible stuff.

At best if the master of robots is determined it will be excused as "system failure - we will update our algorithms" and no one will be punished.

This is how they'll do final gun confiscation in America, little gangs of these robots going door to door for your own 'safety'.

Quote: (05-04-2018 02:02 PM)Mage Wrote:  

I think it's a grim future. Expect future of totally anonymous robots killing civilians as
1. Terrorism
2. False flags

and no one taking responsibility about these robots who have no face, no language, no nationality and no creed doing absolutely horrible stuff.

At best if the master of robots is determined it will be excused as "system failure - we will update our algorithms" and no one will be punished.

Ultimately, if the citizens won`t accept things like this, it won`t happen either. (Remember the google glass failure) The real problem then is the massive brainwashing of the average member of society, propagated by the school system, academia, the media, political class, entertainment industry etc, which in turn might allow for the majority to remain idle in such a scenario, or even lend their support to Governments using robots to remove "troublesome" citizens. That`s one of the many reasons we must continue to red pill as many guys as possible. (Women will just follow the general trend in society, no matter what.)

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory

It makes sense in asymmetrical warfare in some ways to force your enemy to fight replaceable robots while your actual troops control them remotely from an armored vehicle, high above in an aircraft, in a nearby base, or even back in their home country. However, what is the local populace, whose hearts and minds your trying to win, going to think about it?

Looks like an opportunity for a startup or black market that builds and distributes mobile jammers and frequency scanners. The ‘arms’ of the future for the common man may not shoot bullets at all. Not all hope is lost.

There is new footage of the Russian robot on the testing ground

[Image: doing-robot-while-drunk-52970.gif]

Ay - we knew this was coming. The way to control diversity as a minority living in safe-zones is via a myriad combat-bots and combat-drones.

This is barely the beginning. And there is no AI necessary. The army can be controlled remotely by a bunch of 19yo kids in Southern China. Those kids will see killing your ass as no more than a video game.

The Jihadis should take note, but of course they won't. Even if they multiply like crazy in Europe, then that does not mean that the globalists are going to give them control over Europe's military and nuclear arsenal. They will rather send out 20 mio. combat-drones and bots and wipe you all out - no amount of AllahuAkbars and demographic superiority will save you from that.

Quote: (05-04-2018 02:54 PM)C-Note Wrote:  

It makes sense in asymmetrical warfare in some ways to force your enemy to fight replaceable robots while your actual troops control them remotely from an armored vehicle, high above in an aircraft, in a nearby base, or even back in their home country. However, what is the local populace, whose hearts and minds your trying to win, going to think about it?

I guess they will just give up on "winning the hearts and minds of the local populace" then. When you can kill anyone with a legion of robots without exposing yourself to harm, there's no more need for that outdated concept.

Wars are about to get a lot bloodier and more genocidal.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Serious question, if robot armies are attacking, isn't the first move against them an EMP? Wouldn't that wipe out any robot within range?

Scary future. I'll be dead before it gets too bad.

Quote: (05-04-2018 02:02 PM)Mage Wrote:  

1. Terrorism
2. False flags

"Muh Russians" did it.

Still not as scary as the stuff coming out of Boston Dynamics.

Getting chased by a turret on wheels is one thing, but getting chased by a LEGGED robot that clambers over rocks and obstacles and can open doors and shit? That's scary.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: DoJGq.gif]

[Image: Ob4JTWQ.gif]

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Is it just me or was anyone else waiting for the yellow dogbot to turn around and murder the hockey stick man?

Okay, it's theoretically just metal and plastic and circuits, but that thing looks daemonic to me.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (05-06-2018 07:15 PM)Bacchus Wrote:  

Serious question, if robot armies are attacking, isn't the first move against them an EMP? Wouldn't that wipe out any robot within range?

Unfortunately the EMP that you are thinking of (i.e. Ocean's 11, the new War of the Worlds, or the monster on that new Godzilla movie) is pretty much total science fiction. The closest you can get to replicating that capability (wirelessly knocking out self-contained electrical systems in any significant area) is by detonating a nuke up at altitude. There pretty much isn't a cleaner way to do it currently. The next best thing is frequency jamming for things such as radar, communications, telemetry, etc. which is how the military accomplishes its electronic warfare for the most part. The advancements on this front are pretty much just confined to algorithms for randomly changing frequency, and for the jammers, on how to predict and track these frequency changes. Sorry to disappoint.

Quote: (05-06-2018 07:21 PM)Rush87 Wrote:  

I don't know man....are you really up there??

Based on this post, Russia may be the first country to use an "armed land robot" in military battle but (again, according to the post) it is remotely controlled. The worrying future is AI controlled robots, making their own decisions whom to kill. As for that puny land robot, it's nothing in comparison to American (and other nations') remotely-controlled drones, and such drones are routinely used in war. OK, they don't crawl on land but fly, so what? Next, moving on to the self-driving military vehicles, that's actually a good use of a commercial or commercial-like AI capability but in this case it does NOT mean the military is more advanced than Google or Uber. IMO, a much more likely explanation is that the military is willing to take bigger risks than civilian developers of self-driving vehicles are allowed to take. The military has always taken bigger risks than typical civilians, especially civilians working in highly regulated areas, and I see no reason to assume otherwise here. By the way, I think it is a good military idea, not at all fraught with the legal and ethical issues involved with AI fighting robots.

[Image: zwl8bza.png]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goliath_tracked_mine

The Germans had remote controlled weapons in WWII.

Quote: (05-06-2018 10:42 PM)Panokko Wrote:  

[Image: zwl8bza.png]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goliath_tracked_mine

The Germans had remote controlled weapons in WWII.

Very interesting, and according to the article the development of such contraptions started during WW I. Upon reflection, it should be indeed unlikely that flying drones would be the first remotely-controlled war devices (as might be falsely concluded from my previous post). So the honor is not going to Russia after all.

Not to worry, the first AI-controlled war machine has yet to be deployed and claimed. We'll just have to wait and see who does that first.

This was supposed to be surveillance robot, but imagine couple of these spinning and chasing you.

Reminds me of this movie:

Quote: (05-06-2018 09:53 PM)kamoz Wrote:  

Unfortunately the EMP that you are thinking of (i.e. Ocean's 11, the new War of the Worlds, or the monster on that new Godzilla movie) is pretty much total science fiction. The closest you can get to replicating that capability (wirelessly knocking out self-contained electrical systems in any significant area) is by detonating a nuke up at altitude. There pretty much isn't a cleaner way to do it currently. The next best thing is frequency jamming for things such as radar, communications, telemetry, etc. which is how the military accomplishes its electronic warfare for the most part. The advancements on this front are pretty much just confined to algorithms for randomly changing frequency, and for the jammers, on how to predict and track these frequency changes. Sorry to disappoint.

Not to mention that most military hardware is "hardened" against such a thing so the effectiveness of an EMP, even one caused by a nuke, is in doubt.

Quote: (05-07-2018 04:46 AM)Roardog Wrote:  

Quote: (05-06-2018 09:53 PM)kamoz Wrote:  

Not to mention that most military hardware is "hardened" against such a thing so the effectiveness of an EMP, even one caused by a nuke, is in doubt.

Actually there are already EMP weapons that are to disable everything within a limited area. There are also EMP close microwave blockers that can stop a tank, plane or missile from a distance. Only Russia and China aside from NATO have done any development on it. All those armies admit only that they have researched it. The Russians have enough tech out there to disable for example anything that the Ukranians have, but similar to the US against Iraq - they are not going to use that stuff against forces which are infinitely inferior to them and no real threat.

You can shield against it, but then the entire vehicle becomes clunky and expensive - from what I read they use lots of extra copper wiring around anything electric - create some kind of Faraday cage.

In any case - those robots are only marginally in development against really dangerous enemies like China or Russia. Against the future Western diversity, rebellion or any other country on earth - they are more than good enough for that goal. When you fight a real enemy then you will have other problems to deal with - probably both sides will fire wide-ranging EMPs to disable communication, energy and all non-military vehicles and protected electronics.

https://www.popsci.com/china-microwave-w...ic-warfare

Similar to WWII - lot's of technology gets rolled out only when an actual real threat appears. Plus - all major countries have now technology decades in advance vs the one currently used in low-tech areas like Syria.