rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What are red pilled career or degrees you guys recommend?

What are degrees or careers you guys recommend for working smarter not harder, high paying, and in demand? Im not sure what degree too choose and been searching for months. Also, what is your guys opinion on degrees? Are they a waste of time?

Business owner/entrepreneur.

Quote: (04-25-2018 01:44 AM)Spaniard88 Wrote:  

Business owner/entrepreneur.

Absolutely no question about this.

If you are going to get a degree (and there are many good reasons to do so), don't get the degree the you think will give you the identity you seek or the degree that you think will sound good to employers.

Get the degree that will teach you skills that will come in handy in business ownership and entrepreneurship.

You could do worse that getting a computer science degree (or at least part of one), because those coding skills will mean that you can create what would otherwise be expensive projects (if you had to hire coders) on a shoes string by doing the coding yourself.

One of the problems I'm facing is that I have some great software ideas, but my coding knowledge isn't strong enough to proceed without hiring a team of employees. So, I have to work on other ideas until I have the budget to hire staff. If I'd taken 3-7 coding classes in university instead of courses in IR, religion and history, I'd be able to do more of this myself.

One of the things I'm glad I did, was do a major in Asian studies due to the language component. Sure, I actually simply studied independently in China and then wrote exams to test out of the language courses in question, but at least part of the credit that went towards my degree has had and will continue to have value for me in the real world (for business use and otherwise) has been my ability to speak Chinese.

To keep it simple, if you are going to complete a degree, choose majors and courses that will involve learning skills that will increase your independence and allow you to create business of your own -- not be dependent on being hired by other people who could care less about your own personal success.

I'm the King of Beijing!

DELETE

I think there is a diminishing return on investment for many, if not most, college degrees. If you absolutely feel the need to be a lawyer, doctor, accountant, or something else that requires a degree, go for it. If you are only looking for that sweet, sweet piece of framed paper, I would be careful. In my opinion hard sciences will always trump humanities and soft sciences. An aerospace engineer can be hired as a business manager at a construction company. A sociology major does not get to build cool shit at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

I don't know where you are from, so the rest might not apply.

Student loan debt is seriously Blue Pill thinking. So is getting any random 4-year degree and thinking you will get a good job out of it.

I would attempt to pay as little as possible for college. Sometimes going overseas can offer an almost free degree from a better institution. If you are in the US, Canada, UK, or Australia, see how many credits you can transfer in. Take all your bullshit classes at a community college (or equivalent) and transfer in as a junior. Boom, you just saved yourself 1/3 to 1/2 of your tuition. Apply for all grants and scholarships you can find. In the present year, I would even apply for stuff for LGBT%%# students. What are they going to do, ask to see your "two spirit" license?

But most of all, if I was in college, I would be focused on hustling. Take a part-time job and summer jobs in areas you want to work in. Get your foot in the door. Start a side business to test the waters.

Basically, look at what everyone else is doing, and do the opposite of that.

Currently out of office.

No degree or trade school is pretty red-pilled for that matter. Apprenticeships as well.

Owning your own business is about as alpha as it can get.

Quote: (04-25-2018 05:37 AM)Dragan Wrote:  

No degree or trade school is pretty red-pilled for that matter. Apprenticeships as well.

Yes, because NOT giving yourself four years in an environment specifically designed to improving yourself through study and acquisition of knowledge is the most alpha decision you can make.

[Image: wtf.jpg]

Sure, a lot of people waste college and a lot of professors and instructors use their classes to push political agendas, but going to the right school will give you access to incredible minds who will challenge you to grow intellectually in a way that the non-college educated can't begin to understand.

It's easy for the people who chose against college to criticize it, because they can't compare their choice with the alternative and good luck convincing them that they are wrong. Just about no one you meet in life is going to admit that they choices they've made might not have been the best.

What the "alpha, red-pill" community never seems to talk about is all the intangibles (and several of the tangibles) that you get from pursuing university level education.

Here are some of the opportunities I benefitted from:
  • An unparallelled environment to try new things. Universities abound with clubs, special groups and connections that you're going to struggle to get access to without that environment.
  • The people you'll meet. Sure, everyone in college is young and foolish, but many are very legit and will challenge you to grow as a person in a way that the working class types usually won't. I know this from working in my hometown with trade school types while on summer break.
  • As one example of the above point, I learned several styles of dancing (including swing, which I love to this day) because a college friend convinced me to try it. It opened a whole new world to me that I probably would never have encountered outside of the college environment where there is a club for everything.
  • I couldn't have gotten working visas in certain countries without my college degree.
  • I spent hours in professors' offices getting my ideas critiqued by an expert. Sure, I could have read a bunch of books, but the thing is that I did read: and I still needed my pre-concieved notions squashed by an expert who could listen to me talk for 60 seconds and then point out a half dozen flaws in my reasoning.
  • Learning about yourself. College is like 4 years of bootcamp. Most people come out of bootcamp a better person, because challenge not only builds character, but also teaches you about your strengths, weaknesses and abilities. Sometimes you discover that you have more to give than you thought. Having talked with people who have done both (boot camp and college), the consensus appears to be that 4 years of college is more challenging than a few weeks of bootcamp.
  • I formed a great many friendships with people of a calibre that I would have struggled to replicate outside of a college environment. Now as an adult not in school, but rather living and working in a major global city, it's a lot harder to meet great people when you aren't in college.
  • Many campus jobs are only available to students and offer a learning opportunity that exceeds what you'd normally be offered in the civilian world. I had a student job for several years on campus that taught me far more than I learned from classes and was only available to me because I was a student.
  • You meet a great range of people that normally wouldn't be conveniently assembled in a 4 square kilometers. I hung out with a range of characters that I would have normally avoided outside of the college environment, but the social systems that exist in that type of environment brought us together and I'm a better man because of it.
  • You'll have access to expensive equipment and software that you normally wouldn't be able to go near. I used million dollar machines in an intro to biology class. Good luck doing that just for the hell of it in non-college life, unless you're lucky.
  • You'll be forced to take classes on subjects that you didn't think you'd enjoy -- but then you do.
  • You'll have access to excellent fitness opportunities that would normally cost a fortune if donors didn't typically just give them to schools.
  • Some of the courses in college are actually useful!
There's a lot about college education that I think could be improved upon, but there's a lot about it that you could not replicate elsewhere in ten years of self-effort and study, let alone in just four years.

Quote: (04-25-2018 05:37 AM)Dragan Wrote:  

Owning your own business is about as alpha as it can get.

I doesn't make you alpha, but it's a great vehicle for living an alpha lifestyle.

You can't say that a business owner answers to no one -- he answers to the customers. At the same time, all the decisions are his to make and the consequences of those decision may make or break him.

But you do have the potential of a ton of freedom (if you're not slaving away to keep your business afloat or to earn enough money to keep your wife and kids happy) in how you life your life, than if you are an employee who has to keep his head down, his mouth shut and maneuver office politics.

I'd argue that the most alpha career to be in is one where you won't be punished for speaking your mind and you won't lose your source of income for hurting the wrong person's feelings, because it is the career that will allow you to actually behave like an alpha. There are a lot of business owners who have to keep their mouth shut and avoid creating drama because they'd be punished with lost business if they don't -- that's not very alpha.

Of course, people are going to argue that the most alpha career is the one that fits with their own preconceived notion of alphaness. That's a topic I don't care to address right now.

I'm the King of Beijing!

For the vast majority of people college makes no sense, it is far better to learn a skill or go to a trade school. The ROI for college has been diminishing for years now, and more and more people go, devaluing the supposed value of a degree. Now the decision calculus changes when you start getting scholarships, or get the opportunity to go to a top tier place. And we all know it pays to go to college for STEM degrees. And if you're a good networker, and fastidious about internships it makes a lot of sense. But a lot of kids get bullshit degrees and debt, and take entry level jobs. Maybe not the case everywhere, but a big problem in the US for sure.

You do have a point about business... The beauty is it's all on you, and you can't be a mouth-breather in a cubicle to survive. That's pretty powerful and liberating. people who don't want to get screwed in their careers go on their own. Happens time and time again.

Now that I think about it, an inventor is pretty red-pilled. I can name off a lot of prolific guys that are so significant to civilization- Tesla, Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Tesla, Sikorsky, Henry Ford, etc. All these guys were all so smart, hardworking, and many came before their time.

Elite warrior. SEALS, Delta, or whatever the elite unit in the military of your country is if it's not the US. You need to be in great cardiovascular/aerobic shape, calm under pressure (better if you have an instinctive ability to control the release of the "flight or fight" chemicals in your body), and sufficiently focused to endure the extreme pain and discomfort that is imposed on you during the qualification training for those units.

Although being a junior enlisted rank in an elite unit of the military initially doesn't pay well, if you're fortunate to avoid being disabled during training or combat, the military will usually start paying you large bonuses to get you to re-enlist. Or, you can go through officer training. Or, you can get out and work as a mercenary for paramilitary government agencies like the CIA or as a contractor.

Alternatively, become a military fixed-wing or helicopter pilot. They usually pay large incentives/flight pay.

Bro you have 5 post and 4 of them are threads......
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5219633]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Search my username and look at some of my posts in the various 'What should I do with my life' threads that pop up every 2 weeks.

Start your own 1 man Scrap Metal Recycling company today.
Why?
a) Virtually zero overhead to get started.
You need a vehicle, preferably a truck.
b) Make money today.
Scrap Yards will pay you same day Cash for anything they consider as Steel and send you a check in the mail for everything else.
c) For once in your life, you will make exactly as much equal to the amount of effort you put in.
Have you Cold Called 10 Auto Parts Shops, 10 Construction Companies and gone to 10 homes on your local Craigslist "Free" Section to pick up Scrap today?
How about Cold Called 25 Auto Parts Shops, 25 Construction Companies and gone to 25 homes on your local Craigslist "Free" Section to pick up Scrap today?

This is not the end-all-be-all of advice but it is Red Pilled, Easy and will strengthen your Mental Willpower / Discipline for doing more advanced Entrepreneurship later in life.

I'm currently looking into Geographic Information Systems; it's essentially modern map making in Autocad, technical and detailed, with a wide variety of applications, from city planning to oil field work. It pays well, and it's the sort of thing I enjoy (maybe all that time recreating Liberty City in SimCity 4 wasn't a total waste after all).

Would appreciate any tips/comments from others more familiar with GIS.

Airplane mechanic

Here's what I'd recommend: take a degree that gives you significant technical competence to understand whatever product you're interested in that you can do yourself (e.g. engineering, trade skills, finance, law, medicine) and get a minor or Associates (depending on if you're at a college or not) in business admin so you'll be familiar with the basic accounting, business analysis and marketing skills you'll need to actually manage your business day to day.

Statistics, applied mathematics and one of Python, R or C++

Cooking. I'm serious.

President of the United States

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Automation and control system engineer.

Take basic accounting at the community college and start your own business. You can always take temp accounting work to fall back on.

Don't get a degree unless its STEM and only if you can get cheap/free.

Get a good sales job. Most don't require a degree; they require hustle and most sales people are red pill to some degree at a minimum. If you have a STEM background/degree, get a sales engineer job if you want less pressure and more job security. Sales jobs for the most part will provide the greatest returns with the least amount of time/cost investment if you're good at it.

Keep expenses low and save your money. Don't knock up a slut, buy everything used when possible, pay off credit cards in full every month, get the absolute cheapest rental you can withstand since real estate is one of your largest expenses.

When you have enough money saved, do any/all the following depending on your priorities, natural aptitudes, what you are willing to learn, and the current conditions:

1. Start investing in location independent assets that generate sizable returns on 2-5 year timelines. Stocks, bonds, and currencies being the big three.

2. Invest in local assets that generate a return. Silent/minority ownership in businesses and real estate being the big two.

3. Start a business that appeals to your lifestyle and financial goals. If you start a business, understand that your rep often matters (to customers and investors) and you could be essentially buying yourself a job (via debt) that you can't quit easily if you don't execute things the right way.

If you want the best financial independent anti-fragile income and lifestyle (so you can be the reddest red pill in the world with minimal risk of negative consequences), becoming an independent securities investor (along with some other assets for diversification purposes) is your best bet in my opinion. By independent, I mean working for yourself; NOT managing other peoples money which has a whole slew of legal requirements and liabilities.

Why?

Stocks/bonds don't sue you, can't fire you, can't twitter mob destroy your income/career, can't ruin your income/career via false accusations, have the most favorable legal tax avoidance/reduction options worldwide, can allow for residency/citizenship in certain countries, doesn't require physical hard labor, and can be managed alone anywhere worldwide.

But you will probably need several million in the bank, years of highly developed investment knowledge, and a very disciplined understanding that every little action you take should compound into reaching the ultimate objective. This takes years; usually decades excluding obvious big windfalls. This is a possible path to success but not the only path by any means.

Good luck.

Quote: (04-25-2018 08:30 AM)C-Note Wrote:  

Elite warrior. SEALS, Delta, or whatever the elite unit in the military of your country is if it's not the US. You need to be in great cardiovascular/aerobic shape, calm under pressure (better if you have an instinctive ability to control the release of the "flight or fight" chemicals in your body), and sufficiently focused to endure the extreme pain and discomfort that is imposed on you during the qualification training for those units.

At the end of the day, those guys are being told what to do, when to do it, and who to do it to. That they do it better than anyone else doesn't change the basic framework of the terms.

All this while the guys back home bang the girl these guys think is their girl.

Much better to be in the position of being a well off guy stateside calling the shots in your life. If you're an idealist, you can see these vocations as being a sacrifice some have to make to maintain America's dominance in the world, but if you're a cynic, you can look at it as a convenient way rich guys can remove some masculine guys from the game by getting them shipped off to get maimed or die, less competition back home.

You want to be stateside in this arrangement, not out in the desert or a muddy swamp. The crocodiles and camels therein are oblivious to your supposed alpha-ness.

If you have no other choice, so be it, doing a tour is a way to come up in life for many people, but for the enlisted men, it's similar to indentured servitude. For the officers, it's a bit different, but many of the negatives remain.

The red pills I've learnt about making $$$ so far...

1. The red pill is not to live to work but work in order to live.

2. The red pill is not to think of money in terms of career, degree or even by getting a paycheck.
It's NOT to work in order to get a paycheck and be a slave for someone else your entire life. The red pill is to either start your own business and/or invest in assets, wheter it is stocks, real estate or crypto in order to not be dependent on a paycheck, government benefits or anyone else. You'll pay less taxes that way and have more freedom. I've read the average millionaire has about 6 income streams, you have to start thinking that way instead of just focusing on your degree.

Most people going into university have their main focus on getting a degree, some students might also have a side-hustle. I'd suggest you do the opposite and focus on starting an online business or whatever first and foremost.
AND then you can think of your education and degree as your "side chick".

3. University and education through the system is not the answer. I thought I was being red pill getting a degree in engineering since it's one of the very few useful degrees out there that will result in a decent paycheck. But I regret I didn't just start my own online business earlier instead because Iam not getting paid even close in proportion to how much value (or time and effort) I bring to the company. And it's always going to be that way if I stay in this field. Getting a degree can make you pretty well off, but it won't make you rich.

4. Selling is to making money what game is to picking up chicks, so it's crucial to learn about persuasion and how to sell to people. If you know how to use persuasion or marketing to make people wanna buy stuff from you and keep buying stuff from you, you'll always be very well off. Tons of material online on how to do it, Jordan Belfort is one of them who knows his stuff.

5. Know that you can't do everything yourself and connect with like-minded people who can help you achieve your goal. I used to have a big ego and wanted to micromange everything myself and thougt of myself as a lone wolf who was going to become self-made. But it's nothing but naive and stupid.

6. Be a doer. Most of the people you hear talk about "work smarter, not harder" usually don't get anywhere anyway. They lack work ethic, only once you've put in enough sweat equity you've earned the right to talk in terms like that.
So many guys I know seem to just be using mental masturabation and read 12000 books a day and have all these fantastic ideas about going into this or that career or making money by doing this and that, but never make any significant improvement because they're not taking actions and just sit and read books and chat on forums. 95% work and 5% theory is probably a good balance.

Do a few years in the military. Have some sort of technical job. Hell, be a cook. I went to a snazzy restaurant for lunch and the owner started cooking in the Navy.

You also get lifetime benefits, and people always say "thank you for your service" and buy you Busch beer.

Then there the biggest benefit, which is you may get to fight in a war. I was in two. There's a certain satisfaction that comes when you can say " I didn't fight in two wars to wait for my macchiato" when you go to Starbucks. Or " I didn't fight in two wars for you not to swallow" after a blow job.

I say military.

Aloha!

There’s decent money to be made in blue collar trades and a guy can live a pretty decent lifestyle and make good money too, six figures isn’t uncommon, even as a clock puncher. Yes, you’ll have people telling you what to do but at least you won’t be working with a bunch of women or soy boys, you can also make dick and fart jokes all day, call your coworkers faggots and openly talk about the poon you slay, such behavior is tolerated, even encouraged. It’s also the option for self employment and escaping the west as a certified tradesman, especially in oil and gas, there’s some great expat gigs and rotational gigs (ex: month on/month off).

Those of you all recommending the military as a "red pill" job have very clearly never been in it. It's a cesspool of incompetent, ass-kissing bureaucrats. Want to know what your typical career Army officer is like? Think James Comey.

https://johntreed.com/blogs/john-t-reed-...re-liberal

Partial Excerpt:
Quote:Quote:

Career military people think they are conservative. They are liberal.
Posted by John Reed on Oct 09, 2015

Copyright John T. Reed

‘Family values,’ yes; results, no

The U.S. military is very conservative with regard to religion, “family values,” patriotism, the defense budget, veterans benefits, and all that. But when it comes to how they live their lives and do their jobs, they are radical leftist liberals.

How so?

They work for the government.

They live in government housing the size of which is determined by their rank and family size. They and their dependents get 100% bottomless pit, no co-pay medical care from cradle to grave. In many assignments, they also get all their food free.

They get paid a lot for doing nothing when they retire which they can do as soon as 20 years—sooner if they have a service-connected disability. The U.S. military’s payroll for its retirees surpassed its payroll for active duty personnel decades ago. In my area, Vallejo, CA went bankrupt recently. Municipal bankruptcies are almost unheard of in the U.S. When asked why, the mayor said,

We have three police forces: one on duty and two retired.

How many Armies, Navies, Air Forces, and Marine Corps are the U.S. taxpayers now paying for?

Defend freedom? yes; Exercise it? no
They have no freedom of speech and they’re fine with that. Although they are quick to tell you they will die to protect freedom of speech. I guess they will, but I wish they would exercise that freedom more.

But here’s the biggest problem.

Good intentions = results

Career military people think good intentions are a complete substitute for results.

Liberals enact all sorts of do-gooder programs like the War on Poverty, The Great Society, Medicare, Department Education, and so on. Invariably, those programs spend enormous amounts and accomplish very little. Poverty marches on undented by the War on Poverty. We have a Not So Great Society in spite of hundreds of billions being spent to create the Great one. If we just gave the poor the per capita amount spent “helping” them, they would all be millionaires, yadda yadda.

Look! Progress!
When criticized, the liberals point to their good intentions and occasionally—progress.

Just like the U.S. military. We lost the Vietnam war and got 58,000 killed in the process. Who was punished? No one. What was changed? Nothing. To this day, the U.S. military says they had good intentions in Vietnam and they did a great job and it was somebody else’s fault we lost.

No excuse
The first words spoken to me when I entered West Point were,

Mister, From now on you have three answers: “Yes, Sir.” “No, Sir.” and “No excuse, Sir.”

That was a great lesson, but, in fact, the U.S. military has millions of excuses. Just ask them why they lost in Vietnam or Somalia or Lebanon.

Iraq is now seen as a victory. We’ll see. Afghanistan seems to be getting worse in spite of more U.S. troops there than ever before.

I am not sure the U.S. military has the resources and rules of engagement to let them win in Afghanistan, but if that’s the case, they need to tell their civilian superiors that and get out. They do not.

They endlessly point to their good intentions and occasional progress (not necessarily net progress, just bits and pieces of apparent good news). Remember the daily “Five O’Clock Follies” briefings about “the light at the end of the tunnel” for ten years in Vietnam