rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

College Fraternity Game

College Fraternity Game

Fraternity's have always been really popular to college girls basically running the social scene in college controlling most of the party's. Now with company's really boosting frats on social media with crazy videos from party's giving them a really fun vibe. I joined ΣΑΕ one of the most popular fraternity's. My game completely changed from first semester when I was not in the fraternity to second semester when I was a pledge. First semester I was kind of shy going to party's with out any social standing seeing all sport kids hooking up with girls. I saw it was pointless going to sport houses as I didn't have the same social standing. First semester passed and I only hooked up with two girls. I decided I wanted to make more out of my time in college as you only have 4 years of minimal responsibility's so might as well make it the most fun you can have. My first rush party I hooked up with 5 girls working on my game a little. Throughout the semester I learned more and more about game having a higher social standing on campus as every girl wants to go to good party's. Any one in college or soon to be in college I highly recommend joining a fraternity. I thought that it would be a good idea to make a thread about gaming girls in a fraternity setting.

Here's what I have noticed about fraternity game

Two different types of girls come to the party's
-The first just want to have fun hook up with random guys with no strings attached after
-They will hook up with multiple dudes at the party and are kinda hoes

-The Second Type
-They are regulars who come to most partys
-They are friends with every one in the fraternity and will hook up with a different brother each party kind of getting around
-Usually social climbers who most likely were ignored in high school who just want attention

Getting girls to come to the party's is pretty easy as most want to party. Tinder is a great way to do it in a college town as most girls will swipe on you if you have your frats letters in your bio. Also wearing letters around campus always attracts girls to ask me about party's and the fraternity. We also get about half the girls from randomly coming up to our house during party's and the hot ones get in and usually the unattractive ones are turned away depending how many people are in the house.

Just wanted to get a thread going on fraternity's as every one recommends to join one but never really tells you what the girls are like or the change in game from being a regular kid on campus.

College Fraternity Game

Or you can go GDI, skip the hazing and 4am pledge puke cleanup sessions, meet some friends in your school’s top frats and party the same or more without any of the politics or shitty down sides of frat life.

Your frat is known for being racist where I’m from but that didn’t stop me from handin out white and taking your girls while I partied at the house for free.

If you need social skills then a frat is a good spot to learn.

College Fraternity Game

All the frats down south are borderline racist. I live on the east coast so fraternity’s arn’t racist here. As for pledging it’s the most fun you never want to have again. The fraternity will turn you into a very social person or atleast it did it for me.

College Fraternity Game

Fraternities can give greater access to girls during college because of the social circles, and at some schools being in one is basically a prerequisite for having access to quality girls. That being said, college is all about social proof and it's more important to create a network so that you're moving in between several groups and thus have access to more girls.

Black Caesar mentioned one way to do that without being in a fraternity. Another way is to be an athlete in a sport people care about on campus, which is basically an almost automatic DHV and will get you access to girls too.

College Fraternity Game

Theres the odd exception that gets loads of media coverage but in general hazing has been really toned down in the last decade or two, its not something I'd worry about too much these days. Frats are great otherwise. By far the easiest way to get laid in any big Southern US college town is by either being in a frat or being good friends with guys in a frat.

You also make great friends, go to the best parties, and really improve your post-college employment opportunities through the usually largely very successful alumni network. I'd totally recommend anyone whos 18 and heading off to a big state college in the US get involved in Greek Life.

Just make sure you pick a fraternity with cool brothers. There can be a lot of variety with-in even the same fraternity, from college to college. Some of them are starting to get fairly geeky these days which isn't what you want.

College Fraternity Game

Finding the fraternity that will benefit you is the best move. My fraternity is full of kids who are either on co op or in school which is a cool mix because it has given me opportunity’s to shadow them as they have the same major as me. As for some frats being nerdy these days it’s completely true. Just had a relay for life event and the other fraternity’s seemed really nerdy. We killed them in dodge ball badly and had fun networking and meeting girls. I guess that was good because it took some competition out of it.

College Fraternity Game

It’s hit or miss and individual to the school.

Fact is most frat bros are either guys who were top of the food chain in high school and want to continue living that life.

Or guys who were bottom feeders and think a frat will bring them to the top.

There are always a few legit cool and chill guys in any frat but it’s better to just befriend those guys and skip the other shit parts of frat life.

There was never a party I couldn’t get an invite to and plenty of ones that I shouldn’t have gotten an invite to but did anyway.

Also once you get in with one sorority sister you get in with all of them. They talk and if you show up to one of their brunches or other events as a GDI you automatically become the talk of the house (which means the new shiny thing girls are getting after)

College Fraternity Game

Fraternities are excellent vehicles to increase your social, athletic, academic, leadership and employment opportunties.

They can also be excellent vehicles for personal growth. It was for me and I'm someone who delivered pizze in college to pay my dues. Probably the best decision of my life.

There will always be people who are ignorant or who flat out hate you, as there are in this thread. To claim you got invites to every party is laughable. We had private parties with sorities every thursday night. Tons of other events that were brothers only.

The biggest thing it did for me is it made me more social and gave me the attitude of abundance. I also had the opportunitty to learn from dozens of mentors.

My fraternity was always too busy to be racist. The racism thing is just an excuse for people to hate fraternities.

As for criticism, yes, there are fraternties that are groups of nerds or other losers that are probably not worth joining. But the average fraternity in my day was well worth joining.

These days the SJW anti-fraterinity attitude on campus has diminished their value. At my alma mater, no alcohol can be present at any Greek event. The diminishes but does not eliminate their value. You have to see what your campus offerrs and decide for your self.

Cosnider whether you can replicate the old fraternity model. Get some GDI friends and rent a house and throw your own parties and invite a bunch of non-racists. Apparrently this is very easy to do and there is nothing special about fraternities. I'm only being partially sarcastic. Seriously, with the limitations on the Greek system these days you could probably out social the fraternities by having your own non-Greek house.

Here is an example. Some guys in my fraternity rented a house. One guy's name was Frank, one guy Pete, another Tom, and Charlie. They were actually kind of beta and they all got butthurt over "whose house it would be" in terms of Frank's havin a party, no its Pete's party, etc. etc. So they made up a name - Bob - and called it Bob's hoiuse. People would says the Bobs were having a party even though none of them were named Bob. They had decent parties because their house was pretty big and had a good location, even though they were pretty beta. Since it was the Bobs party and not the fraterinity, they weren't subject to most campus rules that applied to fraternities.

College Fraternity Game

Quote: (04-25-2018 08:45 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

Cosnider whether you can replicate the old fraternity model. Get some GDI friends and rent a house and throw your own parties and invite a bunch of non-racists. Apparrently this is very easy to do and there is nothing special about fraternities. I'm only being partially sarcastic. Seriously, with the limitations on the Greek system these days you could probably out social the fraternities by having your own non-Greek house.

Here is an example. Some guys in my fraternity rented a house. One guy's name was Frank, one guy Pete, another Tom, and Charlie. They were actually kind of beta and they all got butthurt over "whose house it would be" in terms of Frank's havin a party, no its Pete's party, etc. etc. So they made up a name - Bob - and called it Bob's hoiuse. People would says the Bobs were having a party even though none of them were named Bob. They had decent parties because their house was pretty big and had a good location, even though they were pretty beta. Since it was the Bobs party and not the fraterinity, they weren't subject to most campus rules that applied to fraternities.

Yep. And at some schools the rigidity of campus rules is exactly why "annexes" are a thing. An annex is an off-campus location where brothers live and can host events without the school generally being able to do anything. Of course, that comes with its own risks if things get too out of hand (actual municipal police).

College Fraternity Game

But you don't have to be Greek to do an annex. The GDIs can do it. But they mostly want to just talk rather than do.

At my school, some liberals put the letters KAOS on a house. They were decent for a while. Another dude had a house near campus and word got out that he had kegs every Wed night. He charged $5 bucks for a red solo cup and people trashed his house but he loved being famous. All he cared about was that he was able to break even and that his party was strong. He went from barely able to affording a keg in January to several hundred people by the end of the semester.

College Fraternity Game

You're right. I've seen it first hand. It's just a matter of whether a person wants to deal with the responsibility of doing it. It certainly pays dividends in terms of social proof and access to girls.

College Fraternity Game

Having a party house is table stakes y’all.

That’s easy stuff to implement.

The “private” parties aren’t so private if you’ve got an in. I always had an easy in so never had any issue. When main guys in your crew run the social arm of two or three top houses then “private” isn’t really a thing. That’s just Game and good product.

Like I said. When you’re the only GDI at a given event then people start to ask about you.

I know all of about two people that spent more time at their frat than at other parties after the first year as a brother.

Stuff just gets old after a while (same guys, same girls, same three party themes, etc.)

Frat life is great for some guys (guys that need social skills or want a pre-built circle) but if you’re already social and know how to make friends you can get all the benefits with no downsides.

College Fraternity Game

Quote: (04-26-2018 08:26 AM)Black Caesar Wrote:  

Having a party house is table stakes y’all.

That’s easy stuff to implement.

The “private” parties aren’t so private if you’ve got an in. I always had an easy in so never had any issue. When main guys in your crew run the social arm of two or three top houses then “private” isn’t really a thing. That’s just Game and good product.

Like I said. When you’re the only GDI at a given event then people start to ask about you.

I know all of about two people that spent more time at their frat than at other parties after the first year as a brother.

Stuff just gets old after a while (same guys, same girls, same three party themes, etc.)

Frat life is great for some guys (guys that need social skills or want a pre-built circle) but if you’re already social and know how to make friends you can get all the benefits with no downsides.

This post completely contradicts itself. If you were the only GDI at large frat parties (usually 200 person+) then its clearly extremely hard to get an invite to such events as a GDI.

Your posts in this thread are very try hard: you post repeatedly about how useless being in a frat is, yet apparently loved going to frat parties. You post about how cool you were being the only GDI at parties, but yet claim its easy to go to them as a GDI.

You post about how easy it is to organise parties, and how boring frat parties are with only 3 themes, but clearly have no idea of the scale of the events being run these days. Organizing something like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP9FO5twebg
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxiEfyDafO0

is not something an unconnected freshman can do. They require the resources and organizational skill of a team running a small festival.

You post about how guys in frats are buying friends, yet multiple posters in this thread have mentioned the other huge benefits - alumni networks for employment etc.

I know in another thread you talked about being a black man in your 40s or 50s. I don't know if maybe college Greek life was radically different back in your day, or if you're just flat-out wrong. But your opinions are completely invalid for this day and age. And have been for quite a few years.

College Fraternity Game

There is a network effect with fraternities/sororities where the value is greater than the sum of the parts. This is true whether you are talking about parties, girls, social proof/standing, etc. I don't mean network like knowing other people, I mean network like facebook or apple. The more people who use the system, who go to your parties, who see your success on the intramural fields, leadership organizations, philanthropy, etc. means your reputation compounds.

Theoretically, you could replicate this but few people even replicate some of the things fraternities do.

Yeah, maybe you went to some good parties, although like Zatara I'm a little skeptical. Did you have an opportunity to run a fund raising organization that raised $30,000 in a year, and present one of those giant checks at center court at halftime to a local charity? Have access to 100+ brothers and 1,000+ alum for academic and career guidance? Some of the leadership positions, public speaking, organization and planning, social events, etc. I held and related work were the best learning opportunities I had at that age.

College Fraternity Game

Don’t know where you all got this idea that I’m 40.

Also never said frats are useless.

Theyre great to give guys a leg up that need it for social, network, etc.

They are great to sell product to.

They are great to find fly girls on a Thursday.

Lots of uses.

All I’m saying is that you don’t need to be in a frat to get those.

Also just cause no one is doing something doesn’t make it hard. Usually it means they just don’t have Vision.

I’m just offering some perspective so guys can build that Vision is all.

The typical advice if you go to a Greek school is “join a frat”. There are other options to get the same result (access, parties, social circle, leadership ops, etc.) is all.

Not trying to knock your letters, I’m sure they were great for you all.

College Fraternity Game

Coming from a midwestern school I would highly recommend joining a fraternity. At my school there were gdi parties but the quality of girls was no where near the fraternity/sorority parties and guys tended to be ag major. All parties put on by fraternities and sororities were private so you couldn't befriend a guy in fraternity and join the parties.

From scholarly point you will find exceptional benefits if other brothers are studying in you field (old tests, study partners, more motivation to go to class, someone to share notes of you didn't go to class). Also since Facebook has been around all of my brothers post jobs to our alumni group because of course who better to work with than someone with similar interests/ experiences.

However it's a shame the way the current climate is on campuses with SJW bs.

As for the hazing, in early 2000s it was mainly cleaning, study hall, sober driving, and some guys trying personal servitude (which was not allowed but tolerated). All that got cut down even more during my 5 years and in general the pledge phase was cut down several weeks.

College Fraternity Game

Greek life is the most overrated social aspect of college unless you go to a top school.

I cringe when I see some of these dudes rocking their cream colored chinos and their Ray-Bans and think joining Omega Epsilon at some shitty 3rd tier commuter state school is going to 'elevate their social status'.

I wasted so much of my precious time doing that shit could have been spent doing much more productive things. Like Caesar mentioned above it gets stale after a while. Same shitty parties, but these guys love to pretend like it's fucking American Pie and everyone is going to be lifelong friends. At least the booze was free. A lot of the girls are actually not that available as you might think and are coupled up with a frat brother or someone else. Others just come for the free stuff.

Also, if you are new to the scene and are non-white you will have to find a frat that's 'accepting' by looking at their demographics. That's a huge deal when you are trying to get a bid. You can find more down to earth girls and create your own network without being roped into that elitist trash.

Prospective freshmen should set their expectations properly.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

College Fraternity Game

I think being in a fraternity actually puts a lot of the best looking girls in college, who will usually be in sororities, at ease, it is indirect wealth speaking.

When you see your average hot girl at a university who joins a sorority, she probably comes from a well off family and is used to a certain way of life. That girl is not interested in getting with a guy who is eating ramen for breakfast because he is too poor to afford anything else. Most fraternity guys, especially in high value frats, tend to come from money so they get the impression that this is a guy who is in college to have fun and is set for life.

Compare that to your average college kid eating ramen, working a job while going to school and likely stressed as balls about his future, the average guy in a top frat who is secure in his future, looking to have fun, likely comes from a well off family and can do fancy shit is just more appealing to her.

That is how the game of social proof works and if you want to get the hottest girls at most party schools, it is more or less mandatory. Outside of that, you need to get really creative and it isn't even worth the effort at that point because of the amount of work you would need to put in.

The hottest girls will rarely hook up with a random guy at first sight, they will need to be picky. A guy who is constantly someone she is running into and has status in her world will continue to win out. The guy in a fraternity who is at every party and invests his life into getting laid is going to win out over some poor kid too busy eating ramen and studying for his engineering final.

College Fraternity Game

As someone who went to a big SEC school, I can't imagine not having been in a fraternity. If you want to be anything on campus, you had to be Greek. Gamedays alone would have been worth it. You'll have an automatic in to the student body government, each fraternity normally controls some sort of organization within the school such as the part that brings in concerts, you'll have job opportunities from alumni.

I did wait until my sophmore year, which part of me regrets... part of me also was thankful at times to have that set of friends from my freshman year who weren't Greek. Even now, to have a house to crash when I'm in town for a game, young guys to show the ropes, and reunions with my older brothers around the world, it was a worthy investment. With regards to hazing, my fraternity was on the low end of the scale when I pledged in 2007, nothing I would consider even close to the movies. If you compare that to now it's a completely different level, they don't even have to give rides at night any more... it's just too much of a risk of losing a pledge class or being banned.

From the girl aspect, there were not many high tier sorority girls dating GDIs, and most of the top quality was in a sorority. The dating roadtrips, woodsers, homecoming events, etc... you just have so many more opportunities to meet them and hook up.

One alternative to get the sorority girls is to work as a busboy at sororities' dinners. Those guys always did pretty well with the girls.

I can only speak to my university as each is different. I also was in a pretty diverse fraternity, religiously and with race, so the racism comments don't apply to every fraternity, but we definitely had some on campus that would never accept someone who wasn't white.

College Fraternity Game

The pledgeship process these days is so risk adverse it's nothing like the older days at all. You'll survive and it gives you a bond with your pledge class.

Definitely go Greek if you can. The first week back to campus with all that new freshman girls, it's the best time to be alive.

This is for the flagship state schools where Greek life is huge and fraternities / sororities have a on campus house with 50+ guys / girls. Not applicable to most of West coast, which Greek life sucks or commuter campuses

College Fraternity Game

Quote: (05-07-2018 11:08 AM)Putin Closes Wrote:  

The pledgeship process these days is so risk adverse it's nothing like the older days at all. You'll survive and it gives you a bond with your pledge class.

Definitely go Greek if you can. The first week back to campus with all that new freshman girls, it's the best time to be alive.

This is for the flagship state schools where Greek life is huge and fraternities / sororities have a on campus house with 50+ guys / girls. Not applicable to most of West coast, which Greek life sucks or commuter campuses

Agreed. This whole Greek Life stuff shouldn't be an end in itself.

It's one of many experiences that will help expand your circle of influences which should be an ongoing pursuit well after your college years too.

Funny enough, some of the best friends that I actually have were not affiliated with Greek Life but introduced to me as old friends of guys in my chapter.

College Fraternity Game

At a lot of schools where Greek Life is a big deal, getting a bid is not easy in any way, at least not for a top tier fraternity. Most will check to see your socioeconomic background to make sure you aren't poor and they will bid certain types of guys who look the part. A lot of Greek Life is made up of old money so if you are some outsider coming in, getting a bid becomes difficult.

Don't put all of your eggs in one basket by betting on Greek Life if you are going to a school where it is a big deal, everyone says to join a frat but it isn't that easy. The irony of the situation is that the guys who join fraternities are naturals themselves and tend to be better looking and more charismatic than the average guy because fraternities care about that stuff. If you're the typical AFC or struggling average guy, you won't get a bid so easily.