rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are developers intentionally making apps worse?

Anyone else wondering this? Seems like they are.

For instance, google keyboard doesn't even let you delete words how it used to. Certain words are better kept off autocorrect. Now, apps go slower, don't look as good as they used to. This isn't an iOS vs Android thing either, since they've basically merged at this point. Given it's possible, you think there would be an option to go back to the previous version if it worked better, but there isn't.

Anyone else notice?

Intentionally? Nah. It’s probably all these OS updates and ever changing platform code. Every update, something breaks.

True, but have you noticed certain versions were more stable than others?

Example, new version of Skype won't even show the notification even when set as priority (android).

Most annoying is google keyboard. You used to able to long press/delete. Now you can't. So "lol" could show up as "loo". British word for bathroom. In a text exchange, that simply looks low class, & it can slow you down.

Moaner. I think it's the absolute opposite, everything seems to just be getting better and better and is improving bit by bit.

When Whatsapp first came you couldn't do group chat or send pictures and videos that would pop up directly in the chat window and Dropbox use to take forever to upload files but is fairly fast nowadays. I don't think you seriously think there is some conspiracy to make things worse either, you just wanted to moan.

But in the past I've actually written to companies and asked and recommended new features in future updates and surprisingly often I've had a letter back saying thanks for the feedback and then in the next update or two, they solved the issue. So I'd recommend you to get in touch with the companies and give some feedback, most are more willing to listen to customers than you might think.

A lot of software reaches a point where it's pretty much "done" but to justify the ethos of neverending improvements they try to fix something that wasn't even broken, which winds up making things worse.

Although it could be intentional, at lot of it boils down to bloatware. When a piece of software is developed and finished, the tendency is to keep adding features, keeping your piece of software "relevant." In actuality what ends up happening is features are added that few users tend to actually...use. This is where you see introduction of bugs and fixes that expose other bugs when trying to add more features to a piece of software that far along in its development life.

"A happy man is a happy everybody else in his life."

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal

If we are talking about software from big corporations such as Google and Microsoft, you can argue that SJW convergence inside leads to more and more programmers getting the gig not because they are good but because they fit the SJW profile.

Are developers corporations intentionally making apps software worse?

/corrected

Developers when releasing applications must follow the rules the big software corporations force onto them. If you want to make a judgement on developers use and research independent developers free from the constraints of IOS, Android, Mac, Windows, etc. and their "stores".