rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Talking with people is difficult for me

So, usually I can go up to a girl and ask an interesting question, maybe even a follow up or two that will keep the conversation going, but then I usually clam up real bad. I kind of just leave the conversation, because I can't think of anything to continue to talk about. It's not like some random girl is going to be interested in talking about politics, history, or religion with me. It's even worse when the girl is playing shy, and is giving one word answers, then it just gets awkard.

Another slightly related thing, is I get kind of insecure both during and after trying to strike up a conversation with a girl(sometimes even with another dude). And that's because I'll think to myself, "wow, I'm just making myself look like a complete douche, who would want to talk with me anyways." Then I see another person have more success then I did, and I feel pretty pathetic.

I think Roosh mentioned it is useful to watch Seinfeld to see how to make small talk, and to literally talk about anything to a girl. I think that's the most helpful piece of advise I've seen with regards to talking to a girl. Also read somewhere that it helps to talk to a wall, and pretend the girl is the wall, and that she's not going to be adding much to the conversation. The onus is on you to keep it going, basically. And keep it interesting.

Don't talk. Just tango.