rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

DHV Story without coming off as Bragger

Hi Guys,

I am struggling in this. Sometimes, ppl think I brag while I am not intended. Here's an example :

"I resigned from my job in good company 6 months ago and the company didn't accept me resignation and they offer me a better position"
Then, when the listener asked "why did you offer you better position?"
I replied because " I am good at what I am doing "

The listeners took this as brag.

That is not a good DHV story.

Quote: (04-12-2018 10:15 AM)tobehero Wrote:  

That is not a good DHV story.

I understand, but this is one of those scenarios where I have to say I am s good. How would you handle it in general ?

This is a brag, though.

Quote: (04-12-2018 10:51 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

This is a brag, though.

Alright, how can I convey the same info, I I have to, without bragging ? How would you handle it ?

Why do you have to convey this information? Who is supposed to find this interesting?

For game and those starting out. I would rather you focus on other things that would just better long term goals e.g approaching, logistics, lifestyle, fitness - SMV

On the big scale of things, a DHV story here and there will not make a girl's pants drop. If you flick the attraction switches and a story/comment bombs or if she feels insulted -- whatever - you can recover from it. game is not linear. it's problem solving , you keep moving forward, something else happens, you deal with it until she is in your bed, naked...

Trying to brag about your job or whatever is boring to most other people, but especially to hot chicks. They're not interested in hearing about your rise up the corporate ladder. And it doesn't tell her much about you either, except that you're good at your job. Finally, if that job is not international assassin, it won't have her begging to hear more.

That said, you could have phrased it better too. Something like, my job is like my old girlfriend; it won't let me leave. There's more of an emotional hook there that should produce a follow up question (about the girlfriend).

As for bragging, who cares? This man does a lot of bragging too, but it works for him:

[Image: giphy.gif]

You just need some big-league wins to brag about, real or exaggerated.

Quote: (04-12-2018 11:39 PM)Bacchus Wrote:  

Trying to brag about your job or whatever is boring to most other people, but especially to hot chicks. They're not interested in hearing about your rise up the corporate ladder. And it doesn't tell her much about you either, except that you're good at your job. Finally, if that job is not international assassin, it won't have her begging to hear more.

That said, you could have phrased it better too. Something like, my job is like my old girlfriend; it won't let me leave. There's more of an emotional hook there that should produce a follow up question (about the girlfriend).

As for bragging, who cares? This man does a lot of bragging too, but it works for him:

Thanks, I had to say it because she is my coworker

Quote: (04-13-2018 07:25 AM)Mizo1234 Wrote:  

If you're talking to coworkers, I'd phrase it very differently. I would be careful saying that "you're too good to leave." Many people will take that as arrogance and will want to take you down a peg. Instead, you were "really excited about this new position and the work fits you very well".

Are you trying to hook up with the coworker?

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Quote: (04-13-2018 09:13 AM)Running Turtles Wrote:  

Quote: (04-13-2018 07:25 AM)Mizo1234 Wrote:  

If you're talking to coworkers, I'd phrase it very differently. I would be careful saying that "you're too good to leave." Many people will take that as arrogance and will want to take you down a peg. Instead, you were "really excited about this new position and the work fits you very well".

I was but it didn't workout. She was giving me all the signs. I had another thread open about this.

Quote: (04-13-2018 09:27 AM)Mizo1234 Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

I was but it didn't workout. She was giving me all the signs. I had another thread open about this.

Dude stop wasting your time with that attention whore, she led you on, she doesn't deserve any attention.

Stop bragging with that girl and move on.

Quote: (04-13-2018 11:14 AM)kaotic Wrote:  

Quote: (04-13-2018 09:27 AM)Mizo1234 Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

Dude stop wasting your time with that attention whore, she led you on, she doesn't deserve any attention.

Stop bragging with that girl and move on.

Thanks, man. Just looking back and learn from mistakes if there was any. I haven't talked to her since.

I used to have this problem (Hell, maybe I still do!). A good way to think about it is, "If I was the person I'm telling this story to, would I find it interesting?"

If the answer is no, and it's usually no, then talk about something else.