rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dirty south Road trip, best spots to party/game?

Hey guys,

Gonna be road tripping Memphis to New Orleans, Im good w those 2 cities but in between: what's are some good party spots, bars, clubs, beach parties etc in Arkansas, Alabama (someone recommended Florabama bar already), Missipi, and Lousiana?
Thanks for any info!

I would hit up the university town of Oxford, Miss. There is a lot of southern talent here (from Ole Miss), and the town is really laid back with a lot of charm.

I'll second Oxford, cool town. You can go to Eli Manning's favorite diner Ajax then bounce around the bars there. Watch out tho, 11:30pm last call on Saturday nights. Other than that, it's a pretty specific and short distance for a road trip... I guess the university towns are your best bet. For beach parties the only places close that I can think of would be Panama City Beach and South Padre Island, but those are more spring break destinations.

I'm not sure where in the states you are from or what your time frame is like, but if you want a true dirty south road trip it would go like this for me:
Savannah>Charleston(USC)>Knoxville>Nashville>Memphis>Oxford(Ole Miss)>Starkville(Miss St)>Tuscaloosa(Bama)>New Orleans over the span of a month or so in the early fall. College towns on thursdays and gameday weekends, the other cities Sundays-Wednedays.

That's actually the close to the road trip I typically recommend to people when that ask me where to go in the states. I normally would take out a few of the college towns and add in Austin to finish.

I'm planning to do one of these in a couple of years. When do American colleges typically finish? I don't want to do it during the peak of summer when it's blisteringly hot, and even worse, the good party towns are barren.

Do they still have a lot of Antebellum houses? The ones with the verandas that you can sit on watch the sun go down with a nice beer? I really want to stay in one of those for at least a night.

Thanks for the replies thus far gentleman.

Quote: (04-11-2018 04:35 AM)britchard Wrote:  

I'm planning to do one of these in a couple of years. When do American colleges typically finish? I don't want to do it during the peak of summer when it's blisteringly hot, and even worse, the good party towns are barren.

Do they still have a lot of Antebellum houses? The ones with the verandas that you can sit on watch the sun go down with a nice beer? I really want to stay in one of those for at least a night.

Seeing as you're a Brit, it's an especially good idea for you, these guys (Brits) did a roadtrip visiting uni towns to pick up chicks with their British accents, and slayed:
Quote:Quote:

William is the guy sitting third from the left in this picture. He's also the first man to hit on me in 2016, and he's my first kiss of the new year. As well as my second. And third. And... you get the picture. William is part of a group of British guys who travel thousands of miles across the pond just to get laid. On New Year's Eve, they went to San Diego on their international pickup tour, and I went with them. San Diego was an atypical place for them, as they'd made a tradition of following a model I'd compare to a plotline from the film Love Actually: go to a bumblefuck college town in America, impress girls with their British accents, and have as much sex as possible. Frustratingly enough, this plan was working its magic, and shamefully enough, it was working on me.

"I don't fuck my stories," I told William.

At this, William balked: "Who says I'm trying to fuck you?" Well, for one, his friends did, as one of them was making penetration motions with his hands to me behind William's head. On top of that, that was the entire point of their trip. Though this was William's first foray into anglophile-baiting sex tourism, his friends Dan, Carl, and Chris had fucked their way through several college towns, including Auburn, West Chester, Syracuse, Tuscaloosa, and Tempe, all trading off the basic assumption that British dudes are more attractive than American ones. Their operation has proven effective: the Auburn student newspaper wrote about the fact that they came to the town at all, which should give you an idea of how excited some American women are at the prospect of simply interacting with them.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/bnpbp...rch-of-sex . American schools usually get out in May, mid-may is pretty typical. And schools don't usually start up until end of august.

Old houses in Oxford, yes, the town has a very old character. A lot of the buildings are pretty old as well.

Quote: (04-11-2018 02:35 AM)DigitalNomad Wrote:  

I'll second Oxford, cool town. You can go to Eli Manning's favorite diner Ajax then bounce around the bars there. Watch out tho, 11:30pm last call on Saturday nights. Other than that, it's a pretty specific and short distance for a road trip... I guess the university towns are your best bet. For beach parties the only places close that I can think of would be Panama City Beach and South Padre Island, but those are more spring break destinations.

I'm not sure where in the states you are from or what your time frame is like, but if you want a true dirty south road trip it would go like this for me:
Savannah>Charleston(USC)>Knoxville>Nashville>Memphis>Oxford(Ole Miss)>Starkville(Miss St)>Tuscaloosa(Bama)>New Orleans over the span of a month or so in the early fall. College towns on thursdays and gameday weekends, the other cities Sundays-Wednedays.

That's actually the close to the road trip I typically recommend to people when that ask me where to go in the states. I normally would take out a few of the college towns and add in Austin to finish.

[Image: good-answer-i-like-the-way-you-think.jpg]

"Stop playing by 1950's rules when everyone else is playing by 1984."
- Leonard D Neubache

Quote: (04-11-2018 04:35 AM)britchard Wrote:  

This week (second week in May) is about when most colleges end their spring semester, or at least taking finals. They will pick up mid August once again. Personally, Digital Nomad has one of the better itineraries, even if you don't give a damn about football. Football Season is more of a social event than anything else in the south during the fall, where female alumni will return to their alma mater. Don't forget that for most of the South, it is still warm enough to wear short sleeves until November, and Fall is also BBQ season where everyone roasts a hog or brisket off of the bone at the games.

Quote:Quote:

I am assuming that you mean plantation mansions, like Mount Vernon or Montecello. It depends a lot on where you are traveling, and whether they were popular buildings during the time. In Alabama, Louisana(well known for them), Mississippi, VA, and (eastern)NC. A lot of the plantation homes were burned in GA and SC by Sherman. They used to, and probably still do, have the remaining stone chimneys of the burned homes in GA as monuments. Good luck taking those monuments down.

Obviously, places like Charleston, and Savannah will have a shit load of Antebellum homes, as they are well known for them, and those towns were spared the torch. I imagine due to the fact that they were strategic ports that needed to stay open, and you had to put the whores somewhere. Western TN, and KY may have some but I am not sure how many are still standing. It would not surprise me if some of the horse farms in Kentucky are antebellum, especially since KY was invaded very early in the war and then left alone.

Hillbilly country like WVA, (West)NC, and half of KY and TN, did not have those kind of buildings as plantations were just not that popular.(Biltmore was post war, and definitely not in the antebellum architecture) These parts of the South East are good for subsistence and hobby farming, but not that great for commercial farming, which is what you really needed for those homes. I have driven all over this part of the world and have yet to see or hear about an antebellum plantation in the hills. All of the buildings that are of that period were normal homes that you would see anywhere along the Eastern Seaboard north of the Potomac.

As far as staying at these places, I am sure that there are BnB's that are that age all throughout the South. I know that Charleston and Savannah have more than a few, just may be more of a city home and not a plantation home. Some of the more popular and "pristine" ones are basically museums now, like the ones that I mentioned earlier, but they were abodes of former Presidents.

"Stop playing by 1950's rules when everyone else is playing by 1984."
- Leonard D Neubache

I'll co-sign Savannah, it's one of my favorite cities and a great place to hang out. For girls you have your traditional southern girls, your hipster girls (there's the College of Art and Design in the City), and your slutty Army girls. But since you want to do the South, remember the liquor laws can be restrictive, especially on Sundays.

Also I'll add some places to consider:

Arkansas: Little Rock and Fayetteville. I was surprised with Arkansas, yeah it looks hillbilly when you drive in from Oklahoma but you can have a good time in those cities. Fayetteville is the home of U. of Arkansas Razorbacks and would be great during football season. Little Rock you could hit year around.

North Carolina: If you had time and wanted to focus on College towns then you would have to hit the Triangle of Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill (NC State, Duke, North Carolina U respectively). Or if you don't want to go that far north you could hit Asheville in the Southwest corner of the state. It's real hipster now, which may or may not be to your liking, but I think it's a cool spot. Plus, Asheville is at the base of the Smokey Mountains, so you can cross over into TN from Asheville.

Louisiana: New Orleans is on the list above, but a great college town to hit is Baton Rouge for LSU. Also, I had a great time in Lafayette, Louisiana, which is Cajun Country. Cajun girls can be really pretty and I like them because they tend not to wear a bunch of makeup. But they also tend to have fucked up teeth, so it is what it is.

I really need to dump a New Orleans datasheet hence my handle. It's not going to be great in the summer. It's hot as fuck. If you're not a southerner like I am and adjusted to the heat you'll be dying. Tulane and UNO are out of session and the local girls in the main part of town are mostly vagrants, hipsters, gutter punks or well rounded social rejects.

I was always depressed in the summer in NOLA until the fall convention season came around then I was full bore banging career women and cheating female executives that told me they were single thinking I failed to notice the indentation or tan line on their finger. I'm wholly against fucking another mans girl but after a depressing summer I couldn't give a shit. On a lighter note many of the the bartenders are so fucking hammered they don't even keep track of your tab.

You can score some decent tourist girls in the summer months even some foreigners. I fucked a beautiful Irish 8 who was a backpacker chick that got got so drunk she pissed in my bed. She was cool enough to wake me up and wash the sheets. I gave her a pass as she was a good lay for a week. I saved her money on a hostile letting her crash in my spare bedroom.

You don't really need much game in NOLA as it's pretty much Americas bar toilet. I had more public sex there than anywhere in the world. Actually other than Key West and Austin Texas it's the only other place I had public sex.

Note: if you stay in NOLA for a week or more use craigslist not Airbnb. They have a boat load of rent by the week places for service people. Just say you're moving there to work in service. Weekly rentals in the Treme area are walking distance to everything and go for $175 - $250 per week (cash) no lease no need to give your info as pretty much everyone moving there has a criminal record.

NOLA is ghetto as fuck everywhere. But still a lot of fun for someone who has never been. Like Key West many people visit once and uproot to move there only to realize it's a really shitty place to live unless you are an undesirable.