rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vice's interview with PUA Justin Wayne destroys his YouTube channel

In watching snippets of the video, this doesn't appear conclusive.

Also, OP, you can embed youtube videos directly into your post next time.

Also, OP, I think you can afford to capitalize names and use better punctuation when starting entire threads.

Video:

Interesting video. Vice did a hit job on Justin for sure.

Yeah it was a hit piece. But he's also a douchenozzle. They deserve each other

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

He got wrecked pretty bad: he only has one video up on his YouTube now. In the old days, you did interviews with the media to get publicity, but now the interviews are ways for the media to act as activists to get you taken down, like Vice did here by contacting YouTube directly.

If you Googled "How to blow it and look like a fool?" you'd find this link.

Vice is coming from the angle that game doesnt work. Game does work. It looks like the dude was trying to overstate his results and looked dumb.
I found a bunch of really interesting things when using game. Women are completely engrossed in perception not reality. As soon as perception is blown it is game over.

If you're dumb enough to give an interview to a place like VICE you deserve what happens to you.
It's like lying down on a train track and then complaining that you don't have legs anymore.

Elle Reeve is a real piece of work. They always bring her out to take people down, although i'd give her typical performance a 4/10, very low energy, looks like she needs to take a nap, and the glasses she wears are painfully tacky. Hell the drone of her voice could put me to sleep.

Also, some interesting stuff about her background: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Thom...ontroversy

edit: after watching the full YT video, appears to me guy thought he was gonna get some free advertising from vice, and decided to allow them to film him (definitely a mistake if he would have researched elle reeve). No clue about the dude himself, but he comes off real bad, is a literal pimp, or was edited really bad by vice. It could be one of these things, or some combination.

Quote: (04-09-2018 10:45 PM)Dragan Wrote:  

Elle Reeve is a real piece of work. They always bring her out to take people down, although i'd give her typical performance a 4/10, very low energy, looks like she needs to take a nap, and the glasses she wears are painfully tacky. Hell the drone of her voice could put me to sleep.

Also, some interesting stuff about her background: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Thom...ontroversy

edit: after watching the full YT video, appears to me guy thought he was gonna get some free advertising from vice, and decided to allow them to film him (definitely a mistake if he would have researched elle reeve). No clue about the dude himself, but he comes off real bad, is a literal pimp, or was edited really bad by vice. It could be one of these things, or some combination.

That's like inviting Charles Manson to the house because you think you'll get a free set of knives. These kinds of publications thrive on controversy and character assassinations. Didn't he read VICE beforehand?

He was caught on camera telling a girl he wouldn't pay her. You can't get much more sprung than that.

Doesn't matter if he's the real deal or not, they found a smoking gun.

Quote: (04-09-2018 11:02 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

After watching the full YT video, appears to me guy thought he was gonna get some free advertising from vice, and decided to allow them to film him (definitely a mistake if he would have researched elle reeve). No clue about the dude himself, but he comes off real bad, is a literal pimp, or was edited really bad by vice. It could be one of these things, or some combination.

That's like inviting Charles Manson to the house because you think you'll get a free set of knives. These kinds of publications thrive on controversy and character assassinations. Didn't he read VICE beforehand?

Sure he did. But most people in the world think that they are smarter than they really are. You see it a lot of Internet forums. People that won't accept that they've lost an argument, even when they clearly have.

There are situations (like on the Internet) where ignorance is bliss. That rarely translates well in a situation where you are dealing with an army of producers and full-time professionals with only one job: to make you look bad.

A lot of people also don't realize that even if you are smarter than the party you are dealing with, you'd have to be absolutely brilliant to avoid a character assassination when you have 0% control over the editing process.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (04-09-2018 11:13 PM)Suits Wrote:  

After watching the full YT video, appears to me guy thought he was gonna get some free advertising from vice, and decided to allow them to film him (definitely a mistake if he would have researched elle reeve). No clue about the dude himself, but he comes off real bad, is a literal pimp, or was edited really bad by vice. It could be one of these things, or some combination.

Sure he did. But most people in the world think that they are smarter than they really are. You see it a lot of Internet forums. People that won't accept that they've lost an argument, even when they clearly have.

There are situations (like on the Internet) where ignorance is bliss. That rarely translates well in a situation where you are dealing with an army of producers and full-time professionals with only one job: to make you look bad.

A lot of people also don't realize that even if you are smarter than the party you are dealing with, you'd have to be absolutely brilliant to avoid a character assassination when you have 0% control over the editing process.

And this is why, I think, people with non-mainstream views who want to advance their movement/ideas, should stay away from edgy-MSM outlets like Vice, and all MSM outlets for that matter. Most reporters give 0 fucks about truth, and everything they do is about stoking the outrage machine.

Seriously, though. Vice's corporate bias aside, this guy still seems like one of the worst possible representatives of non-mainstream values.

There's a lot of stuff I see in the news media that immediately sets of my BS detector, but I think this guy more or less did it to himself. It doesn't seem like Vice invented the part about money for the girls being involved and the girl seems uncomfortable as hell around him.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (04-09-2018 10:41 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

If you're dumb enough to give an interview to a place like VICE you deserve what happens to you.
It's like lying down on a train track and then complaining that you don't have legs anymore.

Didn't that La Ruina guy give a good TV interview on the BBC recently? It's still possible to give use this to your advantage, I think, given that PUAs pride themselves on the mastery of frame. Check out someone like Russel Brand for frame control on TV interview. This Wayne guy is just a dumbass.

That's why that Jordan Peterson interview with Cathy Newman was so brilliant. He was quick enough to recognize the ambush for what it was in real time and dismantle her attacks with masterful precision. He made her look foolish.

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Quote: (04-10-2018 12:12 AM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

These kinds of publications thrive on controversy and character assassinations. Didn't he read VICE beforehand?

That's why that Jordan Peterson interview with Cathy Newman was so brilliant. He was quick enough to recognize the ambush for what it was in real time and dismantle her attacks with masterful precision. He made her look foolish.

Jordan Peterson and the Cathy Newman interview was precisely what I was thinking of when I used the word "brilliant."

I'm the King of Beijing!

I have to concur about those girls looking uncomfortable around him. If a girl is into you, and she’s been properly fucked by you recently, they won’t act like these girls. They’ll do whatever you ask with no mention of payment. Many will be wondering what they can buy for you so they may gain further aporoval.

As for not letting them be interviewed alone. That’s weak ass mate guarding right there.

There’s no doubt Vice wanted to do a hit piece on him. But this guy hit himself already.

Particulars aside.
Can't really see how there is much to gain from dealing directly with legacy media.

If they don't actively manipulate the situation for "The Narrative".
As Cernovich found out. It doesn't even boost your profile / exposure etc. all that much.

If you're on YouTube already & you have access to social media, you can get your message out.
Provide worthwhile content & you're set.

Hell, look at Jordan Peterson's fast rise to international awareness.

Holy shit, I don't recall having seen a worse train wreck.

Quote: (04-10-2018 12:39 AM)tatted-mormon Wrote:  

Holy shit, I don't recall having seen a worse train wreck.

Wow, dude. Risky username. You have bigger balls that me.

I initially did not read it as "Mormon."

I'm the King of Beijing!

I strongly dislike people like this character. Lying about your ability to maintain a relationship going as far as paying a girl to lie for you,, just so you can make money off lonely men who want to learn from you. This marketeer should be ashamed of himself and not be allowed to coach anyone ever again.

VICE did us all a favour by exposing him as a fraud.

Before the anti-PUA trolls come in, there are legit coaches out there who do a lot of good by teaching men how to "game". They are just very hard to find. Sleazy marketeers like Justin Wayne further destroy market trust. Fuck him.

Cringy dude and pathetic interview.

10/10 on his paid hoes

I'm one of the luckiest man alive, nothing in my life has been easy...

A lot of PUA coaches hire women as demonstration tools, the problem is this guy needlessly lied about being in a relationship with one of them (and didn't pay up?), then got busted by some self loathing feminist ug because he didn't do any research.

These "journalists" don't punch up anymore. Ever since Peter Thiel crushed Gawker these media outlets are more careful about who they want to sledgehammer. It used to be oil companies and billionaires they shit tested, now it's Jordan Peterson, Roosh, Cernovich and Lauren Southern.

SMH at these idiots willingly doxxing themselves by showing attendance to this guy's bootcamp.

[Image: facepalm.png]