rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How much time do you spend eating, cooking and working outt?

I'm interested how the time I spend compares with other members.

Me:
* Cooking and eating: 2 hours per day - 3000kcal - I'm a slow eater and make most meals myself
* Gym: 3-4 hours per week
* Getting to the gym: 25 min per visit
* Tracking stuff: 10-15 mins per day

So total: ~ 20 hours per week.

I probably spend 1.5 hours cooking in the evening. I’m eating ~3700 calories a day but have been relying on a couple protein shakes with milk and olive oil for about 1400 of that, so it cuts down on cooking.

About 7 hours in the gym a week, as I’m usually there between 1 and 1.5 hours at a time.

Getting to the gym: I work on a military installation and go straight to the gym after work, so that doesn’t add any time for me.

17-18 hours/week total. And all it took was cutting out video games to make time, and cutting down on alcohol to pay for supplements.

I don’t cook (my wife does) I eat lunch at my desk and I have a home gym. I usually have dinner with my family in 20 minutes.
Hence: 3 hours eating, 4 hours working out, total 7 hours per week
That doesn’t include social or business meals or lunch dates.

Workout - everyday...at least 30min, usually 45-1hr

Cooking - breakfast everday, lunch/dinner only on weekends. I eat out during the week (live in nyc hard not too)

I workout 5 days a week just under 1hr per day.
About 80% of the food i eat for the week is prepared on Sunday afternoon. It's about 3-4hrs depending on what i make but its always 3 meals around 600 calories each.
I blend the majority of my meals because I'm a very very slow eater and had serious issues in the past choking on my food.
I have a home gym in my basement so there's about 30 seconds travel time.

i'd say 15hrs per week to this stuff.

Quote: (04-08-2018 12:47 PM)Montrose Wrote:  

I don’t cook (my wife does) I eat lunch at my desk and I have a home gym. I usually have dinner with my family in 20 minutes.
Hence: 3 hours eating, 4 hours working out, total 7 hours per week
That doesn’t include social or business meals or lunch dates.

My man. Give your wife a hug for being a good woman.

Personally, I like things in my life to be low on time because I work a lot.

Meals: I meal prep twice weekly, and that usually takes an hour and a half. Usually pretty boring fare, I only cook good stuff when one of my LTRs is over. Total around 2 hours per week. I'm at 3650 in terms of calories, 280 P, 425 C, 190 F.

Working out: I go to the gym 6 days a week, and usually about an hour each workout. Sometimes a little more if I'm working out with someone. So total around 7 hours per week.

My wife does all the grocery shopping, the vast majority of the cooking and all the food prep, so zero time for me there.

I lift three times a week, and knock that out in about 45-50 minutes per session. My gym is in my condo's spare room, so no travel time there. That's about 2.5 hours.

I also hit the heavy bag once or twice a week, depending on how busy I am, for 30 minutes per session. The bag is in my condo complex's tiny "gym" and is maybe a 10 second walk from my front door. That's 1 hour.

I track my lifts as I do them, on spreadsheets I print out and tape to the mirror in my lifting room, so that's rolled into my workouts and might take five minutes a week total.

Throw in changing clothes and post-workout showers, and I'm still only at about 4 hours a week on fitness. I'm a pretty quick eater and spend little time on that, maybe another hour a day tops. That puts me at 11 hours total.

GYM 4X/week - 4 hours total
Boxing 2X week - 2 hours total
I always choose a gym nearby (less than 2 miles from home) to not waste time. And I go early in the morning to get it done.

Prep Meals - eat outside everyday. At home I cook something fast and good (nutrition wise). On a date I cook something very elaborate.

1-3 hours a week doing batch cooking and about 4-6 hours a week in the gym.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

My fitness addiction saves me 15-20 hours a week of unproductive, useless activity.

I exercise every single day (weights 6, run 1). For me, maintaining a daily habit is FAR easier than doing a MWF thing, even if this means that my programming is sub-optimal from a recovery standpoint. The gym is close so I don't lose much time going there and I shower there instead of at home.

GYM: 30 minutes daily.

FOOD PREP: 30 minutes daily. Wash dishes as I go. I eat the same thing almost every day. I never get bored of this, and it simplifies cooking and shopping as well.

EATING: No idea. I just eat, taking my time, relaxing, watching a video.

Eating wise, I try to cut down on that as much as possible. Lately this has involved a crockpot and a rice cooker.

Lifting wise, I try to cram as much as able in a week. One day a week for sure, but usually two, I try to do a 3-4 hour long workout (days off from work) and the rest of the time I squeeze in 20-40 minute workouts. If I feel too hammered I go light with some barbell complexes or band shit to make my shoulders feel better.

So I'd say 12 hours a week for all of it, maybe 15.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Quite frankly I spent way too much time on fitness. I need to figure out a way to make it more efficient by batch cooking, etc.

4-5 hours a week lifting.

6-8 hours cooking. I don't meal prep(other than being leftovers to the office if I have any left). Cooking is enjoyable for me.

Also, I go to the grocery store or farmers market everyday because I like fresh food. Grocery store is only 5 minutes away by foot from my crib.

- Clint Barton