rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The most dangerous cities in the world

The 50 most dangerous cities in the world, ranked by homicide rate per 100,000 residents.

Quote:Quote:

South and Central America dominate a list of the most violent cities on earth, with the United States and South Africa also making an appearance.
Los Cabos, in Mexico, has been named the most violent city in the world according to a new report, with Caracas, in Venezuela and Acapulco in second and third. Of the top 50 cities, 42 of them are in South America.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...erica.html

[Image: 4A094BEA00000578-5481483-image-a-22_1520598590604.jpg]

Wow, no wonder my brother saw bodies hanging from a bridge in Los Cabos. It’s gotten WAY worse.

Colombian and Honduran cities dropped significantly, good to see. But Brazil still seems messed. Never been there, want to go, but not at this point.

I think in most cases, if you’re aware and an avid traveller, you will be fine, but why go to particularly dangerous countries?

Los Cabos?! The vacation hotspot? Somehow more dangerous than Caracas...get out.

Quote: (03-10-2018 01:29 AM)Hombre Wrote:  

Los Cabos?! The vacation hotspot? Somehow more dangerous than Caracas...get out.

"The city went from 61 murders in 2016 to 365 in 2017, which translates to an increase of almost 500 per cent."

Quote: (03-10-2018 01:45 AM)ComebackKid Wrote:  

"The city went from 61 murders in 2016 to 365 in 2017, which translates to an increase of almost 500 per cent."

I guess the peak is due to a one-off cartel turf war for the control of a precise city/region. Today n°1 is Los Cabos (maybe a turf war between the Sinaloa and Tijuana cartels, or between rival factions of Guzman’s organization ?), and next semester could be Chihuahua. Violence in brasilian cities is much more "structural".

Fuck this chart, what about the countries where murders aren't even reported.

Los Cabos is more dangerous than Kabul, Baghdad or Mogadishu? Seems legit.

The list only has relative merit. The US cities above have high black demographics, so no surprise.

But most of the truly dangerous cities in the world don't even publish honest stats. Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, lots of central African cities - many of them dwarf cities like St. Louis.

St. Louis:

[Image: St-Louis-hero-cro.jpg]

more dangerous than Mogadishu, Somalia:

[Image: 3500.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f...776b07632b]

Liberia:

[Image: Cultism1.jpg]

Probably less than 10 of those cities in South America merit any mention among the top 50.

Otherwise the majority of them will be in Africa or the Middle East or they will be in Haiti. Most of those countries have crime stats that are little more than PR pamphlets for the city.

I would prefer to live in St. Louis anytime before I would ever want to live in a city like Kabul, Mogadishu or Mosul in Iraq. St. Louis could become 99% black and I would still prefer living there as the only token cracker before I move to Kabul. At least it would still be an American city in the USA!

It's good to know that I am safer in any city in the Democratic Republic of Congo than I am in many cities in the Americas.

War zones (Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya, etc.) are excluded (and don't have accurate statistics either)

I love how most of the most dangerous cities are in Canada.

I'm the King of Beijing!

The thread is titled most dangerous but the chart is actually most violent.

Cops are vigilant in America, so most of the crime is contained in certain neighborhoods. No large American city is as dangerous as anywhere in Latin America.

The most dangerous cities in America are the smaller really poor African-American cities. See Flint Mich, Camden NJ or Chester Pa. for some examples.

I only went to Camden when I needed some shit bum wine like Wild Irish Rose or Thunderbird.

I heard Flint is no 1 in USA.

South Chicago, Philadelphia, Compton also known for crime

Chicago should be on this list

Despite all the omissions, reminds me of Jordan Peterson's talk on inequality promoting crime. Couldn't be clearer by this map.

DELETE

< I think that the ones doing the map classified simply most African countries as war zones. Even estimations of many countries would make many South American ones look tame and safe in comparison.

[Image: 6j3fG.jpg]

< The problem is that Acapulco was the Monte Carlo of the Americas just some 35 years ago, so what happened so fast to put it on that list? What can be done, can also be undone albeit at much greater difficulty.

Quote: (03-10-2018 05:51 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

St. Louis:

I would prefer to live in St. Louis anytime before I would ever want to live in a city like Kabul, Mogadishu or Mosul in Iraq. St. Louis could become 99% black and I would still prefer living there as the only token cracker before I move to Kabul. At least it would still be an American city in the USA!

Just a heads up about st. Louis:

You can skip the tour part of the Aneusher Busch brewery tour and go straight to the hospitality area. All the Busch Beer you can drink, free of charge!

I've been to Afghanistan and I've been to St. Louis. I'll never forget the st. Louis area cop that threw my drivers license in my face and said "I didn't know they had Mexicans in Hawaii, god damn." But at least I didn't have to ride in an armoured vehicle, and I wasn't really worried about off target hellfire missiles.

Aloha!

Quote: (03-10-2018 04:39 AM)BoiBoi Wrote:  

Los Cabos is more dangerous than Kabul, Baghdad or Mogadishu? Seems legit.

The study did not include active war zones. It specifically mentioned that the listed cities were not engaged in any formal conflict or war so the Middle East and many parts of Africa would not be included.

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

Quote: (03-10-2018 05:51 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

The list only has relative merit. The US cities above have high black demographics, so no surprise.

But most of the truly dangerous cities in the world don't even publish honest stats. Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, lots of central African cities - many of them dwarf cities like St. Louis.

St. Louis:

more dangerous than Mogadishu, Somalia:

[Image: 3500.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f...776b07632b]

Liberia:

[Image: Cultism1.jpg]

Probably less than 10 of those cities in South America merit any mention among the top 50.

Otherwise the majority of them will be in Africa or the Middle East or they will be in Haiti. Most of those countries have crime stats that are little more than PR pamphlets for the city.

I’m very familiar with St. Louis. The city is highly segregated and most of the danger is contained in certain areas. Rarely does it spill over. Most of the danger is actually east St. Louis which is a separate city in Illinois across the river.

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

Quote: (03-11-2018 11:54 AM)treypound Wrote:  

Chicago should be on this list

Chicago would be on the list if they could delete the yuppie / hipster neighborhoods off of it (ie. North side, downtown, near West side, South Loop, etc.). If you only took the hood areas of Chicago & compared it to St. Louis, THEN Chicago would be more menacing. The gang culture is more rife in Chicago.

But the ritzy yuppie parts are arguably safer than Disney World though. There are trust fund kids & affluent professionals & millionaires pushing babies on strollers & sipping lattes near the lake shore. If you've spent time in Chicago you'd understand what I mean.

Quote: (03-11-2018 03:14 PM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

< The problem is that Acapulco was the Monte Carlo of the Americas just some 35 years ago, so what happened so fast to put it on that list? What can be done, can also be undone albeit at much greater difficulty.

I blame it on the Hemisphere Emergency Action Team. Once they moved out, the narcos moved in.

My mom used to watch this show. I guess I was too young too appreciate the skin.

Joking aside, I think a lot had to do with narcos in Colombia getting busted about post-Escobar and a lot of the operations moving north.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Chicago
[Image: crime.png]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin