rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bruised Trapezius

Bruised Trapezius

Im still new to working out, and after a session where i did a lot of work on my back muscles I woke up the next morning with marks on both my shoulderblades/trapezius muscles.
Ive managed to find out that this is a common thing if youve overworked yourself and just bruising. but no advice as to where to go from here.
There marks are still there and the area is still sore, but im itching to get back to the gym and start lifting again!
Do i want to completely avoid working my back until all signs of damage are gone and then go back to the same size weights, or do i want to go down 2.5-5kg?
Or, should i hit the gym as soon as, with much lighter weights just to keep the muscles moving and working?

Bruised Trapezius

Did you have the bar resting on your traps or were you just doing a bunch of work to train your traps? They're not the same.

Bruised Trapezius

If possible post a pic

Bruised Trapezius

its not from a bar, the exercises i think may have done it were lateral raises and one arm dumbell row

*same both sides, but that one was more pronounced

Bruised Trapezius

That looks more like an abrasion mark from a bench. Have you done any other lifts that place your back on a bench or against a pad? Is it tender to the touch or is it more of a general muscle soreness?

Bruised Trapezius

Unless you're in some sort of terrible pain, carry on my wheyward son.

Bruised Trapezius

I wouldn't worry about it unless it refuses to heal or you start sprouting wings.

Bruised Trapezius

I have a similar problem.

Here's a picture my girlfriend helped me take.

[Image: 368ee0a61efcd5834b02491a723969bc_origina...90c10c0f90]

Thoughts?

I'm the King of Beijing!

Bruised Trapezius

Incline bench press and dumbbell skull crushers?

Im going back tonight, got a different workout planned, think the only major back exercise is a lateral pull down,

fortuitously im not growing wings.... you might want to get that looked at?