rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which state is best for divorce?

I haven't seen a thread on this.

For the legally-minded in here. What's the best state in terms of:
- Paternal rights?
- Alimony?
- Strength of prenups?
- Distribution of property?

I can’t comment on US law which I presume you’re asking about but I’ve heard a Tom Leykis interview with a divorce lawyer that will help you.

I’m on my phone so posting the link is a pain. In you tube, search “Tom Leykis divorce lawyer on show giving advice protect yourself”

First thing is to find out if your state has communal property rights in its jurisdiction.

I asked a judge I was sailing with if pre-nups had strength in England and Wales. He replied no because as soon as consummation has taken place, “two have become one flesh” and that the law still reflects medieval Christian values.

Like other heterosexual mores traditional female privilege and protection has been retained while conferring post-modern privilege onto women too.

So this leaves men with all of the post-modern risk of hypergamous jurisprudence with none of the traditional and medieval benefits of being a husband and father.

Quote: (02-24-2018 02:09 AM)N°6 Wrote:  

I can’t comment on US law which I presume you’re asking about but I’ve heard a Tom Leykis interview with a divorce lawyer that will help you.

I’m on my phone so posting the link is a pain. In you tube, search “Tom Leykis divorce lawyer on show giving advice protect yourself”

First thing is to find out if your state has communal property rights in its jurisdiction.

I used to watch the shows Tom did with the lawyer. Unfortunately the lawyer is no longer on the show. Dont quote me but if I remember correctly Nevada and Texas are some of the better states to divorce in.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

^ I would strongly recommend you look into Texas as well. One of my favorite Fitness Youtuber, Jason Blaha, is constantly making Haters by exposing the fitness industry for the Drug Game it really is... and never worries about getting sued! Marriage laws might be very lenient as well!

http://www.realworlddivorce.com/

Objective divorce breakdown with real case studies for every state and District of Columbia. CA and NY is always the worst for sure.

Continental Europe is the best. Common law countries are the worst.