rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Was I being tested?

Was I being tested?

Agreed to meet for sushi at 7:30pm a few nights ago. Known this girl for a few years. Some months we talked every day, but we went about a year without talking (had a BF but brokeup).

(Side note: her phone broke so she's only able to text via imessage on wifi only).

She texts me during day: "Looking forward to seeing you tonight, should be leaving around 7:30"

I say: 'cool let me know when you're ready/on your way."

I'm waiting and at 8:15 i get messages:

Her: "hey where are you?"
Me: "at home, was waiting for your text"
Her: "i went there and was waiting..I came home bc i thought you werent coming"
Me: "Must be a misunderstanding, on my way be there in 5"
Her: "next time i say 7:30 i mean it. just frustrating. be there soon"

I arrive and ask the waitress if a girl is waiting or was waiting. Waitress says 'a while ago, but only for less than a minute'.
My girl arrives and we sit down. The waitress says 'this wasnt the girl' and my girl says 'yes it was' and the waitress (surprised says) "oh..ok?"

Overall the dinner went fine and we caught up. I'm attracted to her, and we have great convos..but not close to a bang (0 moves on my part mind you).

Was I being tested? Is this a red flag? Or does it sound like i made a mistake and she waited? How do you think I handled this situation (properly or beta)?

Was I being tested?

major red flag with time and potentially lying about something petty and small.
Definitely not LTR material, go for the bang if thats what you're after but dont expect much honesty from her.

Was I being tested?

Eh, no big deal. This sounds like an error in communication. I suspect she did show up, see that you weren't there, and left. I would have done the same if roles were reversed. She's also probably nervous about going out without phone access.

I wouldn't read too much into it. She sent you a text earlier in the day, and she showed up.

Next time make a move.

Was I being tested?

It's always possible the waitress had another girl in mind, and didn't notice this girl. I wouldn't jump right to her being a liar if you've known her for a while.

I'd be more concerned about the "I mean it" thing. It sounds like she's extremely pushy and expected you to wait at the restaurant while she's merely getting on her way? Might have been a good opportunity to put her off-balance with some gentle correction early on, then make your moves.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Was I being tested?

"Known this girl for a few years. Some months we talked every day, but we went about a year without talking (had a BF but brokeup). "

I'd be more concerned about the above sentence than about what the waitress/her may have said or not. Looks to me like you friend zoned yourself hence no further escalation.

The other issue was taking her out for a meal- spending money on her before getting the bang- should have just been for drinks close to either her place or yours (think logistics!)

Was I being tested?

Hard to say if it was the whole phone being broke or miscommunication I think Guitarman has the right idea tho start small with drinks somewhere (coffee, boba, etc.) seeing if there is a connection enough for you to escalate.

Was I being tested?

^Let me guess that you payed the sushi.

Was I being tested?

You made plans for 730 and were still at home at 8:15. I've read your post 5 times trying to figure out how this is the girls fault.

Don't be one of those weak cunts who has to confirm and reconfirm everything 5 times - plans were made for 730, you dont need another message to be told shes on her way.

Was I being tested?

Miscommunication. She sounds like a bitch via text though.

Was I being tested?

Quote: (02-15-2018 07:44 PM)king bast Wrote:  

You made plans for 730 and were still at home at 8:15. I've read your post 5 times trying to figure out how this is the girls fault.

Don't be one of those weak cunts who has to confirm and reconfirm everything 5 times - plans were made for 730, you dont need another message to be told shes on her way.

Earlier she texted 'should be ready around 7:30" so my response was 'text when you're on your way."

We agreed that she'd do a photoshoot for my product line (shes has a good camera) if I pay for meal. She's pretty into the product I'm selling, and seems like a solid mutual interest.

Looking back, I dont think I handled it too beta (ie: 'zomg I'm so sorry). It's kinda a weird situation bc of no phone. She seems to have not much money (also raised by single mother, half latina, very nice/quiet type, petite build).

Basically I can't tell if it's time to make a move..or I'm in the cuck zone. Thoughts?

Was I being tested?

You need to be straightforward with want you want out of her. She will view you as beta if you don't make a move.

Quote: (04-21-2014 04:47 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  
On the cool, she probably had at least one too many tortiillas, but the tetas was mas gorda, comprenede?

Was I being tested?

maybe she was worried about being stood up. better to just text back when you are ready to leave, instead of waiting for her to text you.

Was I being tested?

It seems like you’re wasting a lot of time with her. Do you want to fuck her, yes or no?

Richard “Dick” Johnson