rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you had a daughter

If you had a daughter

How would you raise her and what would you do differently? Your daughter could be an idiot/ugly, have some medical condition or similar things out of your genetic control, but you try your best.

If you had a daughter

Did we really need two separate threads on this?

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

If you had a daughter

This make no sense.Is this a question, statement or a problem you need help with?

If you had a daughter

First thing I'd ensure is that I do not raise her in North America and I'll make sure she doesn'thave access to stupid American feminazi propaganda or life sucking non sense like american shows such as Oprah, Dr Phil and any of the other "shows" and magazines written by feminists to poison the mind of young people. I'd much rather raise her in a traditional way where it's a lot healthier for the mind and social upbringing of girls than in a Western environment. I'll make sure that she is exposed to the good stuff that western and eastern societies have while protecting her from the bad and debilitating influences of western society. While she will be having an excellent academic edcuation, the most important education she will get will be to learn good manners which is unfortunately a rare commodity with North American females. Another major part of her education will be through travelling whether with me or alone to learn about the real world as opposed to learning about history, geography and societies, cultures through books or videos on line. This is the only way IMO to raise a well balanced, emotionally stable, respecting and respectful human being that also happens to be a very feminine woman.

If you had a daughter

Quote: (09-18-2011 07:39 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Did we really need two separate threads on this?

I wanted to seperate out the two sexes, since the opinions would be very different.

Quote:Quote:

This make no sense.Is this a question, statement or a problem you need help with?

It's a question, not a personal problem.

If you had a daughter

How would you raise her?

You would love her, but treat her like another member of the household. You would reward her, but not pander to her wishes and call her a princess, you would teach her the value of making prudent decisions and raise her with discipline. You would teach her to respond with respect when spoken to and voice her opinion carefully. You would punish her when punishment is due so she learns in no uncertain terms that shitty behavior + attitudes will not be tolerated in your family. You would do this for as long as it takes because you care. You would praise her talents and encourage her to pursue them. When she fails, you would give her a shoulder to cry on, but you would share the realistic world-views with her - life is difficult, life is not fair - because it's not supposed to be. Like everyone else she needs to recognize what to do and how hard to work in order to achieve her goals because the things that are served on a silver platter, can also be taken away that easily. What you earn stays with you. Monitor the friends/family/teachers that influence her life constantly because these will shape her - weed out the bad ones. Do whatever it takes to raise her in a good household. Be a friend. Sit down with her and point out the stupid things her friends with hello-kitty lunch boxes and disney dreams are doing and show her how they are working towards a life of eventual unhappiness. Raise her to be a self-assured, healthy young woman, with a good heart and a positive attitude and she'll do well.

There's a blog that captures this essence well: http://grerp.blogspot.com/.

If you had a daughter

put it this way.

my daughter would HATE me during the teen years!

If you had a daughter