rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Quincy Jones Interview

Quincy Jones Interview

He states in this interview that Brando/Richard Pryor did gay shit, he had a date or dated with Ivanka, Michael Jackson is fucked up, and knows who killed Kennedy.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quincy-jo...ation.html

Not the entire interview:
Quote:Quote:

You worked with Michael Jackson more than anyone he wasn’t related to. What’s something people don’t understand about him?
I hate to get into this publicly, but Michael stole a lot of stuff. He stole a lot of songs. [Donna Summer’s] “State of IndependenceOriginally written by Vangelis and longtime Yes front man Jon Anderson, “State of Independence” was recorded by Donna Summer in 1982. Jones produced Summer’s version, Michael Jackson helped out on backing vocals, and the song’s central riff does sound awfully similar (albeit faster) to the iconic bass riff on Jackson’s hit single “Billie Jean.” It should also be noted that, last year, Jones won a lawsuit over a royalties dispute against Jackson’s estate. ” and “Billie Jean.” The notes don’t lie, man. He was as Machiavellian as they come.

How so?
Greedy, man. Greedy. “Don’t Stop ’Til You Get Enough” — Greg Phillinganes wrote the c sectionPhillinganes, an in-demand studio keyboardist, played on a handful of Jackson-Jones collaborations, including the 1979 album Off the Wall, from which “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough” comes. . Michael should’ve given him 10 percent of the song. Wouldn’t do it.

What about outside of music? What’s misunderstood about Michael?
I used to kill him about the plastic surgery, man. He’d always justify it and say it was because of some disease he had. Bullshit.

You just mentioned the Clintons, who are friends of yours. Why is there still such visceral dislike of them? What are other people not seeing in Hillary, for example, that you see?
It’s because there’s a side of her — when you keep secrets, they backfire.

Like what secrets?
This is something else I shouldn’t be talking about.

You sure seem to know a lot.
I know too much, man.

What’s something you wish you didn’t know?
Who killed Kennedy.

Who did it?
[Chicago mobster Sam] GiancanaChicago gangster Sam Giancana is a well-known name among Kennedy conspiracists, both for his alleged help in delivering Illinois votes for Kennedy in the 1960 presidential election and the 1963 assassination of the president. The latter theory largely stems from Giancana’s murder in 1975, not long before he was supposed to testify before a Senate committee investigating collusion between the mob and the CIA. . The connection was there between Sinatra and the Mafia and Kennedy. Joe Kennedy — he was a bad man — he came to Frank to have him talk to Giancana about getting votes.

I’ve heard this theory before, that the mob helped win Illinois for Kennedy in 1960.
We shouldn’t talk about this publicly. Where you from?

What were your first impressions of the Beatles?
That they were the worst musicians in the world. They were no-playing motherfuckers. Paul was the worst bass player I ever heard. And Ringo? Don’t even talk about it. I remember once we were in the studio with George Martin, and RingoJones arranged a version of “Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing” for Starr’s 1970 solo debut album Sentimental Journey, which was produced by the Beatles’ frequent collaborator George Martin. The song, and album, are more than a bit gloopy. had taken three hours for a four-bar thing he was trying to fix on a song. He couldn’t get it. We said, “Mate, why don’t you get some lager and lime, some shepherd’s pie, and take an hour-and-a-half and relax a little bit.” So he did, and we called Ronnie Verrell, a jazz drummer. Ronnie came in for 15 minutes and tore it up. Ringo comes back and says, “George, can you play it back for me one more time?” So George did, and Ringo says, “That didn’t sound so bad.” And I said, “Yeah, motherfucker because it ain’t you.” Great guy, though.

Were there any rock musicians you thought were good?
I used to like Clapton’s band. What were they called?
Cream.
Yeah, they could play.

But what about the alleged behavior of a friend of yours like Bill Cosby? Is it hard to square what he’s been accused of with the person you know?
It was all of them. Brett Ratner. [Harvey] Weinstein. Weinstein — he’s a jive motherfucker. Wouldn’t return my five calls. A bully.

What about Cosby, though?
What about it?

Were the allegations a surprise to you?
We can’t talk about this in public, man.

What’s stirred everything up? Is it all about Trumpism?
It’s Trump and uneducated rednecks. Trump is just telling them what they want to hear. I used to hang out with him. He’s a crazy motherfucker. Limited mentally — a megalomaniac, narcissistic. I can’t stand him. I used to date Ivanka, you know.

Wait, really?
Yes, sir. Twelve years ago. Tommy Hilfiger, who was working with my daughter KidadaA former model and current designer, Kidada is the daughter of Jones and his ex-wife Peggy Lipton. Jones’s other daughter with Lipton is the actress Rashida Jones. Jones has five other children, with four other women. , said, “Ivanka wants to have dinner with you.” I said, “No problem. She’s a fine motherfucker.” She had the most beautiful legs I ever saw in my life. Wrong father, though.

Would your friend Oprah be a good president?
I don’t think she should run. She doesn’t have the chops for it. If you haven’t been governor of a state or the CEO of a company or a military general, you don’t know how to lead people.

She is the CEO of a company.
A symphony conductor knows more about how to lead than most businesspeople — more than Trump does. He doesn’t know shit. Someone who knows about real leadership wouldn’t have as many people against him as he does. He’s a fucking idiot.

What’s something you’ve worked on that should’ve been bigger?
What the fuck are you talking about? I’ve never had that problem. They were all big.

Maybe not the cha-cha.
[Marlon] BrandoThe actor and Jones were longtime friends. During a down period in Jones’s life, he spent time on the island in Tahiti which Brando owned. The two called each other Leroy, owing to a story recounted extremely well (one among many) in this recent GQ profile. used to go cha-cha dancing with us. He could dance his ass off. He was the most charming motherfucker you ever met. He’d fuck anything. Anything! He’d fuck a mailbox. James Baldwin. Richard Pryor. Marvin Gaye.

He slept with them? How do you know that?
[Frowns.] Come on, man. He did not give a fuck!

Are you religious?
No, man. I know too much about it. I knew Romano Mussolini, the jazz piano player, the son of Benito Mussolini. We used to jam all night. And he’d tell me about where the Catholics were coming from. The Catholics have a religion based on fear, smoke, and murder. And the biggest gimmick in the world is confession: “You tell me what you did wrong and it’ll be okay.” Come on. And almost everywhere you go in the world, the biggest structures are the Catholic churches. It’s money, man. It’s fucked up.

"To be underestimated, is an incredible gift." Rackham

Quincy Jones Interview

Disinfo/Psyop or limited truth hangout?

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

Quincy Jones Interview

Quote: (02-08-2018 08:57 AM)Il Bersagliere Wrote:  

Limited truth is right. This sounds like the sort of insane trolling that Judy Garland used to dish out in her final haze in the 60s.

The Donna Summer song sounds nothing like Billie Jean. Sounds exactly like what it was, a mashup of Jon Anderson's New Agey self-help mysticism and Donna Summer's new-wave R&B, not MJ's early 80s dance pop. The only reason people will hear similarities now is because of Jones' accusation. There's no way anyone would think the two were related otherwise.

Quincy Jones Interview

Quote: (02-08-2018 08:54 AM)Chowder Head Wrote:  

What about Cosby, though?
What about it?

Were the allegations a surprise to you?
We can’t talk about this in public, man.

Very smooth evasion hahaha.

I share his opinion of Beatles, never liked their music.

Quincy Jones Interview

He also did an interview in GQ where he insists he's not that into white women even though his ex wives are white.

http://www.gq.com/story/quincy-jones-has-a-story/

Quincy Jones Interview

Wasn't his daughter about to marry Tupac before he got murked?

What's with the common dig against Trump voters as 'uneducated' rednecks....if uneducated = bad, why would you want to import millions of people who don't even have a highschool diploma? They don't even see their glaring bias.

Quincy Jones Interview

He slams Trump for being narcissistic but claims everything he (Quincy Jones) did was innovative and excellent, lol.

I challenage anyone to count how many names he drops in that GQ article.

Quincy Jones Interview

He forgot to mention he tried to fuck 2pac when pac was pumping his daughter full.of thug life semen

Quincy Jones Interview

He forgot to mention he tried to fuck 2pac when pac was pumping his daughter full.of thug life semen

Quincy Jones Interview

GQ article, Quincy WNB Marilyn Monroe, said her tits looked like pears. Heh....

Quincy Jones Interview

Quote: (02-08-2018 09:12 AM)questor70 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-08-2018 08:57 AM)Il Bersagliere Wrote:  

Limited truth is right. This sounds like the sort of insane trolling that Judy Garland used to dish out in her final haze in the 60s.

The Donna Summer song sounds nothing like Billie Jean. Sounds exactly like what it was, a mashup of Jon Anderson's New Agey self-help mysticism and Donna Summer's new-wave R&B, not MJ's early 80s dance pop. The only reason people will hear similarities now is because of Jones' accusation. There's no way anyone would think the two were related otherwise.

Yeah, great research.

On top of that, his insults about Paul McCartney's bass playing are unfounded. Paul was always known as an excellent bass player. As of 2017, BassPlayer.com has McCartney listed as the third best-ever bassist. Countless music Web sites feature isolated McCartney bass lines so players today can hear exactly what he was up to.

Jones is either in the beginning stages of dementia or is taking medication that's making him stoned.

In the old days, such an interview might not have been published out of an ethical concern. If a man doesn't seem in his right mind, it used to be considered unethical to quote him.

But these days, online companies like "Vulture" just publish any crap for Web hits.

Quincy Jones Interview

[Image: popcorn3.gif]

Take care of those titties for me.

Quincy Jones Interview

Quote: (02-08-2018 01:18 PM)Hypno Wrote:  

He slams Trump for being narcissistic but claims everything he (Quincy Jones) did was innovative and excellent, lol.

I challenage anyone to count how many names he drops in that GQ article.

"What’s stirred everything up? Is it all about Trumpism?
It’s Trump and uneducated rednecks. Trump is just telling them what they want to hear. I used to hang out with him. He’s a crazy motherfucker. Limited mentally — a megalomaniac, narcissistic. I can’t stand him.

What’s something you’ve worked on that should’ve been bigger?
What the fuck are you talking about? I’ve never had that problem. They were all big."

Yup, he's wandering into delusional Rick James territory here

And What's with the attack on McCartney & Ringo, two of the most widely respected and praised musicians of all time. Jealous motherfucker.

This guy is just rambling and jumping between shit like Cosby, the Kennedy Assassination, Michael Jackson, the Clintons, Trump, the Beatles.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug ...

Quincy Jones Interview

[Image: usa_today_9918098.0.jpg]

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quincy Jones Interview

Way to go fixing that whole African famine thing:

Now they're all fat and happy over there!

I've been googling, but didn't Quincy Jones act as sort of a go-between with the government and freeway Rick Ross? He was putting Rick Ross's money into the music business. This pissed off the Mafia.

You can find stuff about Rick Ross financing Anita Baker, but it seems to all be unfindable.

Aloha!

Quincy Jones Interview

Quote: (02-08-2018 04:27 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Way to go fixing that whole African famine thing:

Now they're all fat and happy over there!

You can find stuff about Rick Ross financing Anita Baker, but it seems to all be unfindable.

Aloha!

Oh, it's findable.

Conclusive proof.

Anita Baker is fat but not happy.

[Image: rampb-singer-anita-baker-leaving-her-dow...016577.jpg]

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quincy Jones Interview

It's been a long time since QJ's heyday. Here's a reminder.

Quincy Jones Interview

McCartney is an adequate bass player. The Beatles music, like most rock, is relatively simple. His baselines fit their music well.

Ringo was at best a mediocre drummer at best, but again, rock music is a simple genera. John Lennon was actually a fairly good drummer. Better than Ringo.

Quincy comes from a jazz/RnB background where the Beatles' musicianship would have been inadequate.

Quincy Jones Interview

Typical salty ass older black person, trying to shit on Trump because he used to hang out with him and he is jealous of how he changed. Yawn.

He's right about Clapton vs Beatles. Clapton is a guitar savant. Your average Beatles fan or casual music lovers that are not trained musicians would never accept that, nor come close to understanding why either.

What I would like to know is how exactly did Michael Jackson learn how to be so dark triad and Machiavellian? Quincy isn't the first person to say that about Mike. Plenty people said he was a ruthless businessman and hyper competitive. I think Eddie Griffin in that Vlad TV interview said similar stuff. But how did he get like that?

It wasn't like Mike's dad was some old money blue blood extolling the burden of being better than the average man, teaching redpill stuff while appearing blue to fool everyone else. If someone tells in an interview that Michael read stuff like Thomas Hobbes, Machiavelli, 48 Laws of Power, etc. then we can know for sure, but was he really a genius that figured all that shit out on his own? I have a hard time believing that.

Anita Baker's voice is still sexy as fuck. She can sing in my ear all she wants, quit hatin.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Quincy Jones Interview

I'm pretty sure it was Michael's dad. He was like the black Overly High Expectations Asian Dad.

Quincy Jones Interview

Quote: (02-08-2018 08:57 PM)Super_Fire Wrote:  

I'm pretty sure it was Michael's dad. He was like the black Overly High Expectations Asian Dad.

Ok I get that but, I have an Asian father in law. He can be a pain in the ass about the kids sometimes, but he is a far cry from Machiavelli. If he was a cold and calculating businessman, where is the evidence of that and how did he pass that down to Mike?

People don't learn stuff like this via osmosis. Maybe Michael learned it from all the Jews he knows from the music business. I dunno, but it does not seem like Joe taught him that. He was just a garden variety hardass.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Quincy Jones Interview

Quote: (02-08-2018 08:17 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Typical salty ass older black person, trying to shit on Trump because he used to hang out with him and he is jealous of how he changed. Yawn.

He's right about Clapton vs Beatles. Clapton is a guitar savant. Your average Beatles fan or casual music lovers that are not trained musicians would never accept that, nor come close to understanding why either.

What I would like to know is how exactly did Michael Jackson learn how to be so dark triad and Machiavellian? Quincy isn't the first person to say that about Mike. Plenty people said he was a ruthless businessman and hyper competitive. I think Eddie Griffin in that Vlad TV interview said similar stuff. But how did he get like that?

It wasn't like Mike's dad was some old money blue blood extolling the burden of being better than the average man, teaching redpill stuff while appearing blue to fool everyone else. If someone tells in an interview that Michael read stuff like Thomas Hobbes, Machiavelli, 48 Laws of Power, etc. then we can know for sure, but was he really a genius that figured all that shit out on his own? I have a hard time believing that.

Anita Baker's voice is still sexy as fuck. She can sing in my ear all she wants, quit hatin.

Well yeah, Clapton is probably the greatest guitar player alive, maybe ever. He's without a doubt one of the best. But he worked with the Beatles too, he's on a few songs with them, he played lead on one f the sickest tributes to the guitar ever.

They all ran in the same circles, so it's not like they didn't recognize his greatness either and work together.

Quote: (02-08-2018 06:04 PM)Mikan Wrote:  

McCartney is an adequate bass player. The Beatles music, like most rock, is relatively simple. His baselines fit their music well.

Ringo was at best a mediocre drummer at best, but again, rock music is a simple genera. John Lennon was actually a fairly good drummer. Better than Ringo.

Quincy comes from a jazz/RnB background where the Beatles' musicianship would have been inadequate.

Ringo is arguably a simpler drummer than many, he's got one speed, and he's self admittedly ripped off a few Old Standards. But can you name another bigger drummer who sings lead vocals too. He's the engine room, he's as solid as it gets for rock drummers, AND he can sing lead. McCartney is way beyond, just an "adequate" bass player. C'mon man, living legend. His simple melodies and basslines are legendary. Same with him, how many Bass players are phenomenal lead singers too? It's much easier to just play guitar and not have to split your focus into doing 2 things at once like i'm sure there are probably guys who were better bass players only, or drummers only or whatever, but not with the total talent stack. Clapton may be a better guitar player than all of them, but I don't think he was a better singer than any of them. That's the thing with the Beatles, each of them had multiple talents, each could have been a lead singer of their own group, AND they could harmonize together...that's why they were so successful.

The Beatles are an extremely simple band sure, but that just means they did more with less. They are the biggest rock band of all time, simple sells. Jazz is the more complex style of music, and it's cool and all, but it doesn't sell like Rock. Jazz & Blues will never outsell Rock & Pop, because people would rather be happy than depressed. And that's where most jazz guys like Quincy get salty and pissy because they feel less talented musicians made more money than them and were more popular. He's a Jealous motherfucker.

Quincy Jones Interview

Quote:Quote:

Were there any rock musicians you thought were good?
I used to like Clapton’s band. What were they called?
Cream.
Yeah, they could play.

Fucking should think so. That was Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, and Ginger Baker. They called themselves "Cream" because that's what they were already widely considered: the cream of the crop of the blues/jazz scene of the time.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quincy Jones Interview

Quote: (02-08-2018 08:57 PM)Super_Fire Wrote:  

I would say through research, interviews and word of mouth a lot of that coldness MJ absorbed was from guys like Berry Gordy (Mentor) and James Brown (MJ's Idol). Motown wasn't built by being generous to artists/producers. JB was extremely cut-throat in his business dealings, probably the first black artist to do so. Obviously unheard of in those days.

Read up on these two and work your way back...

They both were extremely shrewd motherfucka's

MDP

Quincy Jones Interview

Where does Travis Barker rank in terms of drummers? I've heard wide-ranging opinions on the guy, with some saying he's a legend to others saying he pales in comparison to the greats.

Edit: only asking because I was a huge Blink fan back in their heyday [Image: biggrin.gif]